PDA

View Full Version : Playing Friday or Saturday?!

HappyAppy13
December 4th, 2010, 05:33 PM
Just wondering how they determine what day you play...sorry if it's a dumb question.

Thanks

Twentysix
December 4th, 2010, 05:35 PM
tv audience i would guess. bigger audience moire likely you play sat.

Old Cat Fan
December 4th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Friday night game and one Sat game will be on ESPN2HD so I would think Friday is the Showcase game remember Championship game is a friday night( NOVA-APP) fits the bill,would not be suprised if thats the one

Dblue
December 4th, 2010, 06:29 PM
Agree.

UNHFan
December 4th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Well Delaware has an amazing place and zero problem with a night game so.... its all taken into consideration I think. So Shocked if UNH Del and App Vill aren't night games

GannonFan
December 4th, 2010, 06:59 PM
Well Delaware has an amazing place and zero problem with a night game so.... its all taken into consideration I think. So Shocked if UNH Del and App Vill aren't night games

Only one game is a night game (the Friday night one). I think the other 3 are noon, 2, and 3PM starts on Saturday. It would be absolutely shocking if Appy St/nova wasn't the Friday night game. Figure that game is basically a semifinal game as it's hard to see either of them losing to whomever they'd play next.

UNHFan
December 4th, 2010, 07:03 PM
Only one game is a night game (the Friday night one). I think the other 3 are noon, 2, and 3PM starts on Saturday. It would be absolutely shocking if Appy St/nova wasn't the Friday night game. Figure that game is basically a semifinal game as it's hard to see either of them losing to whomever they'd play next.

quietly agreeing....ssssshhh

straightshooter
December 4th, 2010, 07:09 PM
NCAA.com says all games next week are on Saturday. Semi-finals are Friday/Saturday.

ATX_EWUGrad
December 4th, 2010, 07:15 PM

Oh, how you want to dismiss the winner of the NDSU/EWU game. Especially if Nova pulls the upset and has to come cross country to Cheney. Good luck on that one Nova. And if App St wins, EWU will have all it will ever want having to go cross country to play at the Rock. We know we're the underdogs in that scenario, but I'd still give us a punchers chance. Now you do have a point if NDSU pulls the upset as I don't see them giving either team much of a challenge.

MorgantonAPPAlum
December 4th, 2010, 08:41 PM
NCAA.com says all games next week are on Saturday. Semi-finals are Friday/Saturday.

pdf version of the brackets says either the 10th or 11th.

http://www.ncaa.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/ncaa/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2010d1fballbracket

biggie
December 4th, 2010, 08:50 PM

http://www.ncaa.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/ncaa/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2010d1fballbracket
Yeah and remember this coming week is normally the semis, so now ESPN gets to use qtrs and semis to fill the Fri/Saturday football void.

TheBisonator
December 4th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Oh, how you want to dismiss the winner of the NDSU/EWU game. Especially if Nova pulls the upset and has to come cross country to Cheney. Good luck on that one Nova. And if App St wins, EWU will have all it will ever want having to go cross country to play at the Rock. We know we're the underdogs in that scenario, but I'd still give us a punchers chance. Now you do have a point if NDSU pulls the upset as I don't see them giving either team much of a challenge.

Until 7 hours ago, MSU fans were planning for the next round of playoffs as well. Let's hope your team is thinking the same way you do.

bluehenbillk
December 4th, 2010, 09:42 PM
2 gametimes I think you can cement are Woff-GSU will kickoff at 2:00EST and NDSU-EWU will go at 3:30EST.

The 2 TV games are just a matter of which day.

Saint3333
December 4th, 2010, 09:48 PM
ASU - still in the TV darling in the FCS
Nova - national champion with a NE draw

Not too tough a call for ESPN. I will be shocked if it isn't Nova @ ASU.

I agree UD gets the other one, as Wofford and EWU will not show well on TV (attendance), unless they simply want the shock value of the red field.

apaladin
December 4th, 2010, 09:51 PM
Friday night game and one Sat game will be on ESPN2HD so I would think Friday is the Showcase game remember Championship game is a friday night( NOVA-APP) fits the bill,would not be suprised if thats the one

The championship game is on Sunday night Jan 9th.

biggie
December 4th, 2010, 09:53 PM
The championship game is on Sunday night Jan 9th.
Unless something changed, would be Friday Jan 7th at 7pm.

KiddBrewer
December 4th, 2010, 09:56 PM

yea what he said....maybe furman is playing somebody in a separate championship of some sort on Sunday night, January 9th...??

HappyAppy13
December 4th, 2010, 09:56 PM

does look like the 7th...could be wrong though

stevdock
December 4th, 2010, 09:57 PM

Just like we weren't supposed to put up much of a challenge today too right??

straightshooter
December 4th, 2010, 10:07 PM

Interactive says Saturday only for quarterfinals. You'd think the NCAA would know...

Anovafan
December 4th, 2010, 10:15 PM
NCAA will announce it tomorrow morning. I'd be surprised if it isn't app st/nova game on Friday night. Ud/unh would be the sat. Tv game.

cowboy91
December 4th, 2010, 10:18 PM
On the old cable listing I see, we have a 8pm game on Friday night on ESPN2 and a 12pm game on Saturday. I would guess VU-App on Friday and Delaware/UNH on Saturday

TheBisonator
December 4th, 2010, 11:08 PM
I heard on the NDSU msg board from third-hand info that the NDSU/EWU game will be on Friday night on ESPN2. This was according to an EWU fan.

Mattymc727
December 4th, 2010, 11:33 PM

This is a great post. So much at stake, as the winner is likely in the finals (but Im a CAA/Southern conference homer).

Mr. C
December 5th, 2010, 03:32 AM
The word around the athletic offices at ASU on Friday was that next Friday's game would likely be in Boone, if ASU beat WIU. We are suppose to know officially early Sunday afternoon.

AAadict
December 5th, 2010, 04:15 AM
Most appealing game for Friday TV is in Boone. Best attendance (App State). 4 recent NC's (3 App...1 VU). Best athlete in FCS (Matt Szczur...sp?). Two awesome head coaches to talk about during the broadcast. I'm pretty sure the Friday game comes from Boone and since I already have my Hens vs. UNH tickets that suits me just fine (warmer on Sat.).

ThompsonThe
December 5th, 2010, 04:20 AM
Wow, so NDSU doesn't stand a chance. Have you told them. I have a lot of respect for both programs. You do not get to this point in the playoffs without having something going for you. Especially not with a 20 team playoff system.

This is a great post. So much at stake, as the winner is likely in the finals (but Im a CAA/Southern conference homer).
A CAA/Southern Conference homer? Really. Wow. Felt the earth shake. Ha. Just kidding.

semobison
December 5th, 2010, 09:04 AM
Hate to say this but I doubt they would televise a friday night game at EWU with 3500 in attendance! Now if the game was at the Fargodome with 15000+! Hell yeah

westdakotabison
December 5th, 2010, 09:41 AM
Hate to say this but I doubt they would televise a friday night game at EWU with 3500 in attendance! Now if the game was at the Fargodome with 15000+! Hell yeah

A 7:00 - 7:30 PST game might be a good fit for ESPN

wmmii
December 5th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Most appealing game for Friday TV is in Boone. Best attendance (App State). 4 recent NC's (3 App...1 VU). Best athlete in FCS (Matt Szczur...sp?). Two awesome head coaches to talk about during the broadcast. I'm pretty sure the Friday game comes from Boone and since I already have my Hens vs. UNH tickets that suits me just fine (warmer on Sat.).

Agreed

ATX_EWUGrad
December 5th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Until 7 hours ago, MSU fans were planning for the next round of playoffs as well. Let's hope your team is thinking the same way you do.

I don't think EWU is thinking that way at all. Are they confident? I would think so. But I also believe they're are playing with a chip on their shoulder being ranked #1 yet only the #5 seed. Am I taking NDSU for granted? No, I watched NDSU's last two games so I have a good idea what they bring to the table. But why think negative and think your team will lose? Just like I'm sure after watching your team the past couple of weeks you're confident your team will win, I feel the same way about mine.

ATX_EWUGrad
December 5th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Just like we weren't supposed to put up much of a challenge today too right??

I thought you had a good shot at winning and was pulling for you to win. I'm not a conference wonk. I like who I like and don't cheer for my rivals, regardless of who they're playing. That would be akin to being a Yankee fan and if they lost in the playoffs to root for the Red Sox in the World Series? Are you f'n kidding me? There are some things you just DON'T do!!!

ATX_EWUGrad
December 5th, 2010, 11:32 AM
I heard on the NDSU msg board from third-hand info that the NDSU/EWU game will be on Friday night on ESPN2. This was according to an EWU fan.

The ONLY way this happens is if ESPN has a hard-on for showing off the red turf. We know they'll keep shot of the stands to a minimum unless NDSU travels well.

GaSouthern
December 5th, 2010, 11:32 AM
I really hope App plays friday on ESPN so I can watch it, if they and GSU play sat then i'll mis watching both SoCon games.

If GSU plays on friday I won't make the game :(

Either way it sure is GREAT to be in the playoffs!

ATX_EWUGrad
December 5th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Wow, so NDSU doesn't stand a chance. Have you told them. I have a lot of respect for both programs. You do not get to this point in the playoffs without having something going for you. Especially not with a 20 team playoff system.

I just think that if NDSU wins, that the effect of having to go on the road for 3 consecutive weeks at that point, will catch up to them and they might hang for a half or so but would ultimately come up short. Now if Nova were to beat App St I guess NDSU could have a home game depending on the Bids, but asking a team to win 3 three straight road games is an AWFUL lot to ask. That was my rational behind my thinking. Sorry if I didn't lay that out clear enough.

biggie
December 5th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Apparently Noon Saturday for Nova/App on ESPN, UD/NH for Friday at 8pm on ESPN2.