Wofford -4.5 @ Jacksonville St
UNH -17 @ Bethune Cookman
GSU @ WM -9
North Dakota St @ Montana St -5
Villanova -3 @ SFA
SW Missouri St @ EWU -10.5

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 4th, 2010, 07:48 AM
Don't mean any smack, but why do the computers love the MVC so much? The third-place SoCon team beat the CCU team that WIU struggled against (CCU outgained them on offense but turned the ball over 5 times and lost by 7) 43-26 and we beat 41-16 a SCSU team that's better than the Lehigh team UNI lost to.

If I was a gambling type, I'd take Appy and Wofford to cover their spreads.

Milktruck74
December 4th, 2010, 08:26 AM
I agree with 7 or 8 favorites, but I'm laying the points on everybody but WM/GSU. I think the spreads are a little close and I actually think GSU can take the Tribe straight up!!!

phoenixphanatic21
December 4th, 2010, 09:06 AM
I think that 9 points might be a lil much for GSU/W&M. I would've thought it'd be closer to 4 or 5 points. Do they know something we don't?

If I was a gambling man (yes, I'm copying you FCS_pwns), I'd take App, UNH and GSU (to cover).

Professor Chaos
December 4th, 2010, 09:25 AM
Lehigh was a 16 point dog to the Panthers last week and that didn't seem to faze them all that much. Kinda surprised to see Wofford favored by 4.5 over JSU. I could see them being favored but I would've expected it to be only a point or 2.

I'd say App St, JSU, and SFA are the best bets against the spread.

Milktruck74
December 4th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Keep in mind the lines are not necessarly what the experts (bookies) actually believe is going to happen, but rather a spread that will make the wagers fall 50/50. Thats why the line moves when too many people bet on one side.

cderry
December 4th, 2010, 10:58 AM
Don't mean any smack, but why do the computers love the MVC so much? The third-place SoCon team beat the CCU team that WIU struggled against (CCU outgained them on offense but turned the ball over 5 times and lost by 7) 43-26 and we beat 41-16 a SCSU team that's better than the Lehigh team UNI lost to.

If I was a gambling type, I'd take Appy and Wofford to cover their spreads.

Sheesh, absolutely no love for WIU or the MVC. Had it occurred to you that WIU forced some of those turnovers? Nah, that's ok I get it...if WIU wins it's the other team that messed up and if they lose it's because they suck.