PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee Tech's new weight room/practice facility

TTUEagles
November 30th, 2010, 07:02 PM
http://www.ttusports.com/releases/2010-11/11_30_weighing_in_apc

A new strength center was needed for about the past 30 years, glad to see them finally getting the indoor facility up and about running...
GO TECH !

Redhawk2010
November 30th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Looking good. How big will the indoor practice facility be? Where is Tennessee coming up with all this money? ;) You guys have this beautiful facility and Tennessee State is in the process of building their own indoor practice facility.

The Redhawks are going to continue to use a modified basketball court for a weight room.. it's a dandy!

TTUEagles
November 30th, 2010, 07:18 PM
TECH's weight room had previously been in the third floor of the football stadium and waaaay too small - entire team could never work out at the same time. TSU got their money from "activity fees," and state money, or so I heard. TTU did it all on donations - but, it's been in the works for (at least) over 5 years. They wanted to have all of the money in place first, before building it. RUMOR has it that one very nice donation last year came from a certain brother of a certain Head Coach we have who recently came into a lot of money. *Hint*

I think the indoor field is only 50 yards long, but, it may not even be that big.

JaxSinfonian
November 30th, 2010, 09:02 PM
A new strength center was needed for about the past 30 years, glad to see them finally getting the indoor facility up and about running...

I don't know. The team looked pretty strong to me a couple weeks ago.

TTUEagles
December 1st, 2010, 06:11 PM
I don't know. The team looked pretty strong to me a couple weeks ago.

Thanks...but a 5-6 this year - I'm hoping this helps recruiting AND overall strength/conditioning to get TTU to being competitive ALL year long.