PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Teams Top 3 Areas Of Concern

AAadict
November 30th, 2010, 04:15 PM
Alright. We all know all 16 teams are going to win this weekend and make everyone happy (NOT!) but even the best teams must have a few chinks-in-the-armor. Even though I'm sure the Hens are going to beat Lehigh this weekend here are my top 3 for UD.

1. Special Teams...I could write a lot here but lets just say this is truly #1
2. Wide Receivers Hands...maybe trying too hard with the NFL scouts vs. Villanova?
3. Defensive Line Pressure...I know our D is good and plays a lay back style but C'mon Man!

My top 3 for UD and I spend 100's of hours studying film KC so honor my opinion (NOT!).

VUCats02
November 30th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Villanova

1. Pass Defense!!!!!
2. Field Goal Kicking
3. Pass Defense!!!!!

Redhawk2010
November 30th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Southeast Missouri State

1. Kickoff Coverage
2. Field Goals
3. Take a deep breath and realize what got you this far!

Humble Steward
November 30th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Bethune-Cookman University

1. FG Kicking/Special Teams
2. FG Kicking/Special Teams
3. FG Kicking/Special Teams

Enough said!!!

Gil Dobie
November 30th, 2010, 04:30 PM
NDSU

1. Montana St QB - will the Bison "D" stop him
2. NDSU QB - will Jensen play an injury-free game
3. Penalties kept at a minimum

WrenFGun
November 30th, 2010, 04:33 PM
UNH:

1. Poor Offensive Playcalling
2. Poor Quarterback Decision Making
3. Poor Offensive Line Play

Defense is elite, kicking game is pretty good, punting is pretty meh.

charliej
November 30th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Villanova

1. Pass Defense!!!!!
2. Field Goal Kicking
3. Pass Defense!!!!!

Ditto.... Which is why SFA has me a bit worried.

Skjellyfetti
November 30th, 2010, 05:29 PM
1. Secondary
2. Running between tackles
3. ??? can't think of anything else

Block-A
November 30th, 2010, 08:21 PM
3. ??? can't think of anything else

3. Penalties, penalties, penalties

AshevilleApp
November 30th, 2010, 08:24 PM
AMEN!

tribe_pride
November 30th, 2010, 08:39 PM
1 - Defending the Triple Option
2 - Field Goal Kicking
3 - Keeping (having) our QB healthy

Baldy
November 30th, 2010, 08:42 PM
1. Offensive line consistency.
2. Robert Brown's fumblitis.
3. Kickoff coverage.

Reign of Terrier
November 30th, 2010, 08:44 PM
1) turnovers
2) diversity in the option
3) sometimes our coaches have gaffed this year with playcalling, it's improving though

Baldy
November 30th, 2010, 08:44 PM
2 - Field Goal Kicking
I watched your game with ODU. Your kicker definitely has problems. xhurrayx

xcoolx ;)

wmmii
November 30th, 2010, 09:17 PM
2 - Field Goal Kicking

agreed

seantaylor
November 30th, 2010, 09:37 PM
1. Offensive line consistency.
2. Robert Brown's fumblitis.
3. Kickoff coverage.

#2 should not be a problem. Lee Banks deserves to start, and should have been starting since week 6. Brown is too much of a liablilty right now.

VUCats02
November 30th, 2010, 09:42 PM

xcoolx ;)

W&M's kicker is the next David Akers compared to Nova's

Screamin_Eagle174
November 30th, 2010, 10:31 PM
EWU - 3 keys to success

1) Start fast.
2) Stop the run.
3) Win the turnover battle.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
December 1st, 2010, 05:21 AM
Wow! That's gonna be a LOT OF RED on Saturday @ EWU!

Ok... carry on with the discussion. :)

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2010, 06:00 AM
Alright. We all know all 16 teams are going to win this weekend and make everyone happy (NOT!) but even the best teams must have a few chinks-in-the-armor. Even though I'm sure the Hens are going to beat Lehigh this weekend here are my top 3 for UD.

2. Wide Receivers Hands...maybe trying too hard with the NFL scouts vs. Villanova?
3. Defensive Line Pressure...I know our D is good and plays a lay back style but C'mon Man!

My top 3 for UD and I spend 100's of hours studying film KC so honor my opinion (NOT!).

I think all Hen fans agree with this and just to piggyback off #2

WR hands compounded by first cold and windy day of the season...brrrrrrrrrr

Tribe4SF
December 1st, 2010, 06:24 AM

xcoolx ;)

Different kicker now. Still an area of concern, although he's now made six straight FGs.

Go Apps
December 1st, 2010, 08:03 AM
3. Penalties, penalties, penalties

ASU

Secondary
STUPID penalities!!! enough with the celebration
kickoff coverage

JSU02
December 1st, 2010, 08:13 AM
1) turnovers
2) diversity in the option
3) sometimes our coaches have gaffed this year with playcalling, it's improving though

GAFF ON!

Walkon79
December 1st, 2010, 09:49 AM
1. Propensity to miss extra points, even with the leading scorer in the BSC
2. Having a 4 turnover game. Won't recover like we did in the regular season on more than one occasion.
3. Occasional lack of a consistent pass rush, and giving up the deep ball.
4. Giving up a long run on the first play from scrimmage. This has happended more than once this season.

Walkon79
December 1st, 2010, 09:51 AM
Sorry, that was 4 xconfusedxxconfusedx

GaSouthern
December 1st, 2010, 12:03 PM
GSU

1 Injuries
2 O-Line
3 Youth

Ud1Hens
December 1st, 2010, 12:25 PM
AAadict, first, Delaware will NOT beat Lehigh

second, you biggest area of concern should be your offensive line and how they are going to keep the Lehigh defensive line and linebackers from sacking and putting signficant pressure on your QB and throwing your freshman running back for a loss.

and this is the key, if Delaware's offensive line can prevent the above from happening, then Delaware wins....

Hijack BLOCKED xnonox This thread is about areas of concern surrounding YOUR team (Lehigh) not what Delaware's concerns SHOULD or SHOULDN'T be.

For UD it's simple:
1) Special teams...KO coverage, kicking extra points and FGs
2) Run blocking on short yardage situation
3) WRs dropping passes

Baldy
December 1st, 2010, 12:28 PM
Hijack BLOCKED xnonox This thread is about areas of concern surrounding YOUR team (Lehigh) not what Delaware's concerns SHOULD or SHOULDN'T be.

For UD it's simple:
1) Special teams...KO coverage, kicking extra points and FGs
2) Run blocking on short yardage situation
3) WRs dropping passes
Nicely played, Hen. xnodx

Tubby Raymond
December 1st, 2010, 12:34 PM

1. Special Teams-kick return team
2. Special Teams-punter
3. Special Teams-field goal

SpeedkingATL
December 1st, 2010, 12:36 PM
ASU

Secondary
STUPID penalities!!! enough with the celebration
kickoff coverage

I think you pretty much covered it except I would add turnovers as they killed us against GaSo.

proasu89
December 1st, 2010, 12:54 PM
Sorry, that was 4 xconfusedxxconfusedx

No need to apologize to us. Might not want to give away all your secrets though.

UD77
December 1st, 2010, 01:13 PM
For Lehigh

Being able to complete a pass - or better said complete one to a Lehigh Player
Being able to stop pass completions
Being able to score on the number one defense

DJKyR0
December 1st, 2010, 01:17 PM
I'm no math wiz, but won't only eight teams win this weekend? ;)

asknoquarter21
December 1st, 2010, 01:20 PM
A lot of people are choosing concerns that are important to win ANY game.

Obviously Special Teams will be on everyone's list as that is an aspect of the game that can really change a game, especially at the FCS level where the lack of scholorships usually shows up on special teams.

Turnovers is another 'generic' answer that every team would have as a concern.

I think this thread is very interesting, but I am really interested in a little more in depth look at the concerns.

1. Penalties- Not so much in general, but we have been penalized so much this year for doing the stupidist things. Hits out of bounds, false starts, CELEBRATIONS. We continually allow other teams to stay in games or respond after big plays because of stupid penalties. These things won't fly in the playoffs where every possession is important. We can't waist a possession because we got two holding calls on back to back plays.

2. Corner play- We have one strength in our secondary, Mark Legree. If the ball is throw deep in the middle of the field it is rarely completed and usually picked off. If a ball is thrown deep to the sidelines it is usually a big gain for the offense. From what I can tell it seems to be a lack of ball skills more than anything, but we have also had countless Pass Interference calls on these type passes. Our corners also tend to get blocked fairly easily on the edge on short passes to the HB or another WR. Against a team like Western Illinois we have the athleticism advantage so we have to make sure we play fundamental football to not give them opportunities.

3. Inside Running Game- This is an area that our likes to test often in games, but many times this season we have just not been successful in the middle. Against Wofford we ran the ball up the middle better than we had all season and it finally looked like Devon Moore was healthy. Against Florida we were running into a brick wall and we were consistantly set up in 2nd and 10+ because we tried to pick up a few yards up the middle on first down. On first down we run the zone read more than any other play because it sets up our whole offense. If that play is not working we end up forcing plays down the field that usually result in turnovers or 3 and outs. The key to our offense is the zone read and being able to run. If we are picking up 5+ on the zone read it is going to be a long day for Western Illionis.

UNH72Plus
December 1st, 2010, 01:31 PM
For UNH:

1. Toman shaking off his post-season mediocrity.
2. Resurrection of the offensive plays Chip Kelly took with him to Oregon.
3. Avoidance of dumb penalties.

UNHFootballAlum
December 1st, 2010, 02:20 PM
Turnovers have killed UNH all year

PurpleOut
December 1st, 2010, 02:37 PM
For SFA

1. Stopping/controlling Nova's run game.
2. Turnovers
3. 3rd down conversions - for both sides.

leatherneck177
December 1st, 2010, 03:24 PM
1. O-Line protecting and providing time for Matt Barr.
2. Stopping the run
3. Dealing with ASU's speed - from what I've heard they might be a tick faster than the Necks.

Baldy
December 1st, 2010, 03:31 PM
2. Stopping the run
3. Dealing with ASU's speed - from what I've heard they might be a tick faster than the Necks.
If WIU can contain and put constant pressure on Presley AND keep Quick somewhat under wraps, the 'Necks might be able to make a game of it.

Ud1Hens
December 1st, 2010, 07:31 PM
Update: Upon the announcement made tonight by Coach Keeler...

1) MEAC officials
2) MEAC officials
3) MEAC officials

Baldy
December 1st, 2010, 09:37 PM

1) MEAC officials
2) MEAC officials
3) MEAC officials
Well....at least the officials will suck for both teams.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 1st, 2010, 09:59 PM
A lot of people are choosing concerns that are important to win ANY game.

Obviously Special Teams will be on everyone's list as that is an aspect of the game that can really change a game, especially at the FCS level where the lack of scholorships usually shows up on special teams.

Turnovers is another 'generic' answer that every team would have as a concern.

I think this thread is very interesting, but I am really interested in a little more in depth look at the concerns.

1. Penalties- Not so much in general, but we have been penalized so much this year for doing the stupidist things. Hits out of bounds, false starts, CELEBRATIONS. We continually allow other teams to stay in games or respond after big plays because of stupid penalties. These things won't fly in the playoffs where every possession is important. We can't waist a possession because we got two holding calls on back to back plays.

2. Corner play- We have one strength in our secondary, Mark Legree. If the ball is throw deep in the middle of the field it is rarely completed and usually picked off. If a ball is thrown deep to the sidelines it is usually a big gain for the offense. From what I can tell it seems to be a lack of ball skills more than anything, but we have also had countless Pass Interference calls on these type passes. Our corners also tend to get blocked fairly easily on the edge on short passes to the HB or another WR. Against a team like Western Illinois we have the athleticism advantage so we have to make sure we play fundamental football to not give them opportunities.

3. Inside Running Game- This is an area that our likes to test often in games, but many times this season we have just not been successful in the middle. Against Wofford we ran the ball up the middle better than we had all season and it finally looked like Devon Moore was healthy. Against Florida we were running into a brick wall and we were consistantly set up in 2nd and 10+ because we tried to pick up a few yards up the middle on first down. On first down we run the zone read more than any other play because it sets up our whole offense. If that play is not working we end up forcing plays down the field that usually result in turnovers or 3 and outs. The key to our offense is the zone read and being able to run. If we are picking up 5+ on the zone read it is going to be a long day for Western Illionis.

Concerns for EWU expanded:

1) Start fast - We've only scored on our opening drive in a handful of games this year, whereas it seems we've let other teams score on their first or second drives in more games. We need to start out with a lead, and make a clock-control team like SEMO play catch-up.
2) Stop the run - Can't allow SEMO to grind out 4 yards per carry and control the clock as they've done all season.
3) Limit turnovers - Bo Levi Mitchell needs to continue to take care of the football and not force throws into coverage, like he's done earlier in the season resulting in INTs that easily could've been avoided. He's done a lot better recently having only thrown 1 pick to 8 TDs in the last 3 games.

purplejacks
December 1st, 2010, 10:12 PM
1. Make sure team is in bed and out of bars no later than 2:00 am
2. Be sure pregame is Chicken Fried Steak with extra gravy
3. Hope we never have to TRY a field goal

TheRevSFA
December 2nd, 2010, 07:30 AM
1. Make sure team is in bed and out of bars no later than 2:00 am
2. Be sure pregame is Chicken Fried Steak with extra gravy
3. Hope we never have to TRY a field goal

How about we keep them out of the bars.

1. Stopping Nova's Run
2. Giving Moses protection
3. Hoping to God there's a good south wind for our FG kicker.

Humble Steward
December 2nd, 2010, 10:20 AM

1) MEAC officials
2) MEAC officials
3) MEAC officials

How do you think we feel. Good luck with that.

SouthernMan
December 2nd, 2010, 01:57 PM

1) MEAC officials
2) MEAC officials
3) MEAC officials

Well that stinks. Was hoping for Southland

Twentysix
December 2nd, 2010, 06:47 PM
NDSU

1. Montana St QB - will the Bison "D" stop him
2. NDSU QB - will Jensen play an injury-free game
3. Penalties kept at a minimum

What officals do we have? The big sky officals didnt even bring flags to our playoff game in the dome.

Twentysix
December 2nd, 2010, 06:53 PM
2. Stopping the run

Southern speed is a myth. Dont be to surprised if your teams speed, competes with theres just fine.

ASU may be fast, but if any other teams were able to compete with them outside florida, you will too.

gasoutherneagle
December 2nd, 2010, 07:17 PM

1) MEAC officials
2) MEAC officials
3) MEAC officials

Wulp...that's it. Alright, everyone bend over, bite your lip and grab your ankles this will only hurt for two and a half to three hours. xlolx

straightshooter
December 2nd, 2010, 09:11 PM
1. Giving up quick points
2. Protecting the ball on handoffs and pitches
3. Over pursuit resulting in a easy TD

GSU got down 14 to both ASU and Furman early in the first quarter of both games. They slammed the door after that, but the Eagles can't afford to give up quick, easy scores in the playoffs.

The option is a high risk O. GSU has to protect the ball.

From time to time, safeties and CB over pursue a play which results in an easy TD. They've got to read their keys and play as mistake free as possible.

AAadict
December 3rd, 2010, 12:28 AM
I was hoping the weather would not be a factor in Newark, DE this Sat. and the forecast is good (mid 40's & partly sunny). Then I see the potential for ICE & rain in Boone, NC. Any other potential weather issues at the other six host locations?

Nebuta
December 3rd, 2010, 07:27 AM
3 Areas of Concern for teams
1. The refs wetting the bed.
2. Weather
3. Playing a CAA team, when they are en route to Frisco

:D

JaxSinfonian
December 3rd, 2010, 07:50 AM
I was hoping the weather would not be a factor in Newark, DE this Sat. and the forecast is good (mid 40's & partly sunny). Then I see the potential for ICE & rain in Boone, NC. Any other potential weather issues at the other six host locations?

High of 58 and a 20 precent chance of rain in Jacksonville. Should be just fine.

My concerns:

1) Defensive preparation: Hopefully the coaches came up with the right plan for Wofford's triple option, and have spent the past two weeks drilling it into players' heads.
2) Defensive adjustments: When Wofford does something unexpected (and I expect they will - funny, huh?) we'll need to be ready to react accordingly and defend it.
3) Play on the offensive line: We've had trouble here all year. Hopefully the squad has gelled and is in the right frame of mind to control the line and give Middleton & Barksdale lots of opportunities.

Rekdiver
December 3rd, 2010, 07:52 AM
Attendance
Crowd Noise
S E C O N D A R Y

Go Apps
December 3rd, 2010, 08:24 AM
Attendance
Crowd Noise
S E C O N D A R Y

Watch out Attendance will be low Saturday snow and rain expected over a holiday weekend - we will be lucky to get 16k

asknoquarter21
December 3rd, 2010, 08:28 AM
Yea, I wish the game wasn't on TV

I think the turnout would be better if it wasn't

Go Apps
December 3rd, 2010, 08:48 AM
Yea, I wish the game wasn't on TV

I think the turnout would be better if it wasn't

We have been to every game but one - cant come this weekend due to children functions but hope to have a reason to climb the mountain next week - would like to see 20k there - need the students more than ever

Walkon79
December 3rd, 2010, 03:04 PM
What officals do we have? The big sky officals didnt even bring flags to our playoff game in the dome.

We get Southland in Bozeman. They'll be too frozen to put the hanky out!!

AAadict
December 5th, 2010, 04:54 AM
Synopsis for UD vs. LU - Special Teams...better. Good adjustment to use better athletes (starters). WR hands...better but that fumble at mid-field in the 1st half really hurt at the time. Defensive line pressure...not good although LU did get away with what should have been int. grounding on one play. QB's have tooooooooooooooo much time to throw.

MEAC officials were the biggest hurdle to overcome in this game. I feel sorry for MEAC teams who have to deal with these bozo's during the season.

Skjellyfetti
December 6th, 2010, 03:31 PM
App's questions:

1. Secondary- held Western Illinois to 98 yards passing (season low)

2. running between the tackles - ran for 417 yards. Most of those were DeAndre and not the power running we've been lacking. But, still very very good.

3. Penalties - 2 for 22 yards.

UNH72Plus
December 6th, 2010, 03:39 PM
App's questions:

1. Secondary- held Western Illinois to 98 yards passing (season low)

2. running between the tackles - ran for 417 yards. Most of those were DeAndre and not the power running we've been lacking. But, still very very good.

3. Penalties - 2 for 22 yards.

And you're concerned about these areas????

AAadict
December 10th, 2010, 07:21 AM
UD vs. UNH

1. AP's ability to find holes and get 5 yards+ on 1st down runs

2. O-line being able to block for Devlin 'cause I don't see AP being much help behind the line other than quick dumps.

3. Low turnout. I guess players should be pumped for any/all playoff games but when they come out to 10k tonight because everyone (not me...Section L tonight) is watching on ESPN2 will that seem a bit strange? To come so far and have half the turnout? I'm just guessing 10k but will UNH travel? Will Hen's fans stay home and save $100+ to be warm? We shall see...

Wildcat80
December 10th, 2010, 07:39 AM
For UNH:

1. Toman shaking off his post-season mediocrity.
2. Resurrection of the offensive plays Chip Kelly took with him to Oregon.
3. Avoidance of dumb penalties.

Yes those are good.....here are 3 more:
1. Coach Mc holding back tears in his postgame presser after the win.
2. Toman & Decker happily sharing the game MVP award.
3. KC tackling Coach Carty & accusing him of still stealing signals.

Aho_Old_Guy
December 10th, 2010, 09:40 AM

1) The Appalachian secondary had bad days against Riddle & Coleman in the first 5 weeks. They are mostly young with a senior stud - Mark Legree. They are a skilled bunch and seem to be coming together nicely.

2) Our offensive line has not played their best game yet. Appalachian really wants to favor the run 2:1. We have yet to have a real breakout game from the tailback spot this year. We have amazing depth (I think everyone is happy with Moore, Baker, Cadet, Radford & Chisholm - we're loaded xlolx), so that is part of it, and we've had a few nagging injuries.

But we are waiting for a 22 carry - 189 yd game to bust out from one of this bunch!

3) Appalachian and penalties go hand and hand, nothing personal xthumbsupx

Coach Moore believes in the emotion of the moment - he doesn't want the guys to hold back in any fashion. On big plays sometimes the guys get a little over-joyous. I actually have no problem with it and wouldn't change a thing.

If a guy scores his first college TD for Appalachian on a big play he going to celebrate. He is going to flip, dunk or throw the ball over the field house. It's just going to happen. It's become a rite of passion and tradition, now. It happens, too, from time-to-time, during other big scoring plays, but really nothing to the extreme.

Everyone is worried (coaches, players and fans) that one day we'll get burned and/or get a bad reputation from it.

Don't care. Play ball and have the time of your life. If folks find that unsportsmanlike behavior, screw 'em, I'll take the 15 yds.

There have also been a limited number of times this year where Appalachian has had 50+ yds of penalties .... .... (wait for it)

in a quarter :)

It's like: Where the heck is all this coming from?

james_lawfirm
December 10th, 2010, 03:38 PM

Well, I think his point was that it would be hard to do that again. W.Ill < Nova.

AAadict
December 12th, 2010, 03:52 AM
UD concerns vs GSU

1-Kicking for points...not a major problem during the season but after the UNH game (missed extra pt. & makable FG)

2-Matt Marcorelle(sp?)...you would think I could spell it as this is his 6th year w/ Hens. Our D is very balanced but he is our best. We need him back.

3-Fan Support...Sure we love our Hen's but national TV has even got some of the faithful staying home or going to bars. We had 17k for Lehigh (my guess) and 10k for UNH. Now the students go home for x-mas. Are we headed for less than 8k?

ATX_EWUGrad
December 12th, 2010, 08:21 AM
EWU Hosting Villanova

1. Health of Taiwan Jones. He tweaked his ankle yesterday in the latter stages of the game against NDSU and didn't return. We could have used him late in the game. Not sure if we held him out for precautionary reasons and didn't want to make matters worse, but being a short week isn't doing us any favors in getting him healthy.

2. Bo Levi Mitchell. If he plays the way he played yesterday with a couple of interceptions, one of which was a pick 6, and a couple of fumbles, we'll be blown out by half time. Mitchell is the type of QB that will make you pull your hair out. He plays like crap for 57 minutes, then pulls a 90-yard drive out of his rear and you wonder where that's been all game.

3. Somehow, Someway, contain Matt Szczur. This is our only chance to win. I know Villanova is multi-dimentional, but finding a way to contain him would give us our best chance. Our defense has a knack for being able to force turnovers so they'll have to do that as well.

What are the concerns from the Villanova perspective?

charliej
December 12th, 2010, 09:40 AM
EWU Hosting Villanova

1. Health of Taiwan Jones. He tweaked his ankle yesterday in the latter stages of the game against NDSU and didn't return. We could have used him late in the game. Not sure if we held him out for precautionary reasons and didn't want to make matters worse, but being a short week isn't doing us any favors in getting him healthy.

2. Bo Levi Mitchell. If he plays the way he played yesterday with a couple of interceptions, one of which was a pick 6, and a couple of fumbles, we'll be blown out by half time. Mitchell is the type of QB that will make you pull your hair out. He plays like crap for 57 minutes, then pulls a 90-yard drive out of his rear and you wonder where that's been all game.

3. Somehow, Someway, contain Matt Szczur. This is our only chance to win. I know Villanova is multi-dimentional, but finding a way to contain him would give us our best chance. Our defense has a knack for being able to force turnovers so they'll have to do that as well.

What are the concerns from the Villanova perspective?

For 'Nova

1- Fatigue ... This will be the third flight in as many weeks. All that travel coupled with finals,holidays etc. could have an effect.

2- Injuries ... None serious right now, but yesterday Whitney was limping a bit. Szczur appears to be ok, but he's just off an injury that sidelined him for six games.(at one point yesterday he looked to be favoring one leg. Didn't notice it later tho.)

3- Overconfidence ... Having just come off the big win over ASU, 'Nova can't come out thinking this one's in the bag.

AAadict
December 26th, 2010, 04:15 AM
Hens vs. EWU in the NC

1. O-line: I thought our line did a great job this year but after watching the EWU line vs Villanova I have concerns for this matchup.

2. Special teams: Many teams seem to struggle with this including NFL. Lately our kicking game has become erratic and kick coverage has improved. What if this game came down to a FG? I think we'd need to be inside the 20 for accuracy purposes (no leg strength concerns).

3. Pass coverage: When I saw that 6' 5" boy catch that ball around the 50 vs. Villanova and out run their d-backs for 50 yards that was one of the most amazing things I saw this year. Our D-backs have been strong this year but not sure they faced a receiver that talented and they don't just throw to him.

Go Hens! We must have a better record on GREEN turf...