PDA

View Full Version : What was the CAA Announcement?

Go Apps
November 30th, 2010, 12:57 PM
?

soccerguy315
November 30th, 2010, 01:10 PM
don't think it's happened yet...

looks like they might've got upstaged by UMass

Go Apps
November 30th, 2010, 01:11 PM

what happened to UMASS?

NHwildEcat
Maybe Duke and UNC are joining for basketball?

J/k...I bet it isn't as big of an annoucement as they have made it out to be.

NHwildEcat
what happened to UMASS?

Really?

soccerguy315
November 30th, 2010, 01:12 PM
what happened to UMASS?

see the other thread with almost 100 posts in 12 hours. Looks like they are moving to the MAC.

Go Apps
November 30th, 2010, 01:13 PM
see the other thread with almost 100 posts in 12 hours. Looks like they are moving to the MAC.

sorry did not read the whole thing did not know it was official - I guess it is

mcveyrl
November 30th, 2010, 01:41 PM

If the UMass story is true, my guess is it's a timing issue. Departure of UMass first, big announcement (addition of Charlotte???) next.

Or, it's to announce that the CAA is right on track with it's plan of world domination and will be adding Texas and LSU for all sports. We just need Les Miles to sign the addendum to his deal with the devil to make it final.

UNH Fanboi
November 30th, 2010, 01:51 PM
They decided that there's no point in waiting and announced that a CAA team will win this year's FCS championship.

glsjunior
November 30th, 2010, 02:05 PM
I think that it is to announce that the CAA is renaming itself the Atlantic 10 for football and will replace the Sunbelt in the FBS.

benuski
November 30th, 2010, 03:19 PM
If this was it, I'm disappointed (but not surprised it was this lame): "@CAASports Announces Tickets for the 2011 @virginia529 CAA M&W's Basketball Championships are going on sale Fri., Dec. 3-http://ht.ly/3hL64"

SideLine Shooter
November 30th, 2010, 03:30 PM
They decided that there's no point in waiting and announced that a CAA team will win this year's FCS championship.

Well, we all knew that anyway.

superman7515
November 30th, 2010, 03:35 PM
There were quite a few disappointed comments on their facebook page. Suddenly they are all gone. Haha.

henfan
November 30th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Awkward.xlolx

Considering the rumors coming out of Amherst, the pending VU to the BEC decision, the recent URI departure, and the UNCC fence sitting, it was really poor timing to call this "big news". Someone in the CAA office needs to get reamed for this one.

BTW, what's the Facebook link to the CAA page? I couldn't find it.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 30th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Perhaps it's the big news that WFMZ 69 Allentown will be carrying the Delaware/Lehigh game this weekend.... xlolx

Seriously, UD's game willl be on WFMZ 69, and Villanova's game will be on Philly CW 57 (carrying the ESPN feed). That leaves Georgia Southern @ William & Mary and New Hampshire @ Bethune Cookman waiting to see if they will be carried on TV.

soccerguy315
November 30th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Awkward.xlolx

Considering the rumors coming out of Amherst, the pending VU to the BEC decision, the recent URI departure, and the UNCC fence sitting, it was really poor timing to call this "big news". Someone in the CAA office needs to get reamed for this one.

BTW, what's the Facebook link to the CAA page? I couldn't find it.

http://www.facebook.com/CAASports

epic fail by the CAA

danefan
November 30th, 2010, 04:20 PM

epic fail by the CAA

And getting ripped a new one because of it.......haha

49RFootballNow
November 30th, 2010, 05:59 PM

epic fail by the CAA

Comments on there are great. The best Rick-Rolls are the un planned ones.

Appfan_in_CAAland
December 1st, 2010, 12:00 AM
What was the CAA Announcement?

App State will be joining in 2012. Conference moving to FBS