View Full Version : North Carolina A & T dismisses Coach Alonzo Lee

WileECoyote06
November 29th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Black Monday continues. . .

http://www.digtriad.com/sports/article.aspx?storyid=151141&catid=13

NC A&T Dismisses Head Football Coach
Chelsi Zash Created: 11/29/2010 1:48:46 PM Updated: 11/29/2010 1:55:35 PM
Read Comments Recommend Print Email This Article Larger Smaller

Greensboro, NC -- North Carolina A&T State University announced Monday their head football coach Alonzo Lee was dismissed.

Lee was named head football coach January 2009 and finished the 2010 season with a 1-10 record.

According to a statement from the school, George Ragsdale, current A&T assistant head football coach, will serve as interim head football coach until a new head coach is named.

"Ragsdale's collegiate and professional experience will prove to be beneficial to our football program during this time of transition," said A&T Chancellor Harold L. Martin, Sr.

The 2010 football season marked Ragsdale's 12th season as an assistant football coach at A&T. He began his coaching career as an Aggie in 1983 when he accepted an assistant coaching position as a running back coach and recruiting coordinator under then head coach Mo Forte. After leaving A&T in 1988, Ragsdale served in various capacities including; assistant coach at Dudley High School in Greensboro, intern on the Washington Redskins coaching staff and as an offensive coordinator at Morris Brown College and Norfolk State University.

Big Dawg
November 29th, 2010, 02:08 PM
The Aggies are tired of losing and are ready to get back to a respectable level.

superman7515
November 29th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Do they look outside the HBCU coaching community to find a new coach? And I'm not saying that to be rude, but the guy had already been fired from NC A&T once, as a coordinator, before being brought in to be head coach.

Big Dawg
November 29th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Do they look outside the HBCU coaching community to find a new coach? And I'm not saying that to be rude, but the guy had already been fired from NC A&T once, as a coordinator, before being brought in to be head coach.

They should...BCU did so and it looks like it was a good move.

WileECoyote06
November 29th, 2010, 02:23 PM

The did before when they hired Lee Fobbs (asst at Texas A & M) and that led to the worst seasons in A & T's football history.

superman7515
November 29th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Went over to MFZ and found out that not only did NC A&T fire the coach, but also the AD, Admissions Director, and Compliance Director. Brand new start at A&T.

WileECoyote06
November 29th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Went over to MFZ and found out that not only did NC A&T fire the coach, but also the AD, Admissions Director, and Compliance Director. Brand new start at A&T.

The AD and Compliance Directors were gone as soon as it was announced that the aspiring track star died. His death could ahve been prevented if they'd followed protocol properly.

My friend got interviewed for the job as Admissions Director. . I'm pretty sure she's going to get the job.

Mr. C
November 29th, 2010, 09:29 PM
The Aggies are tired of losing and are ready to get back to a respectable level.

Firing coaches every couple of years isn't the way you do that. The Aggies keep blowing up their program and going back into rebuilding mode. The problems at A&T are well beyond just the head coach.