PDA

View Full Version : CAA TODAY: Bonus Playoff Coverage

jstclmet
November 28th, 2010, 01:27 AM
While there were no CAA teams playing in the opening weekend of the FCS playoffs, I'll briefly discuss the four games and what, if any, impact would the winners have on CAA teams. One thing I failed to mention in last week’s column was that Towson was 0-8 in the CAA, but 1-10 overall in 2010. Towson’s lone win came over the Big South Champion and playoff representative, Coastal Carolina.
http://www.collegesportingnews.com/content.php?343-CAA-TODAY-Bonus-Playoff-Coverage

UNHFootballAlum
November 28th, 2010, 02:00 AM
Good article

TypicalTribe
November 28th, 2010, 08:41 PM
I can't agree. Utterly simplistic and uninsightful. All GSU does is run "off tackle"? I think the triple option is a little more complicated than that.

The statistics are meaningless and the breakdown of the games is limited. Same old, same old.

TypicalTribe
December 3rd, 2010, 11:15 AM
Two games that were set two weeks ago and another two where the CAA team had a bye. Seems like it should have been pretty easy to have something queued up for this weekend. Yet, inside of 24 hours to the start of UD-Lehigh and no CAA preview.

Getting pretty ridiculous at this point.

LeadBolt
December 3rd, 2010, 11:20 AM
Ugh! Terrible article...

Nebuta
December 3rd, 2010, 11:31 AM
ha!

I guess this CCA fan never watched the playoff game between Lehigh and MVC champion UNI.

Youre right. UNI looked like world beaters coming into the playoffs.

Nebuta
December 3rd, 2010, 11:39 AM
yep, just like Delaware, both losing to playoff bound teams in the last regular season game....

I know. UD should just forfeit now.

danefan
December 3rd, 2010, 11:43 AM
ha!

I guess this CCA fan never watched the playoff game between Lehigh and MVC champion UNI.

Seriously man your quoting after your text is really hard to read.

Also, will you be showing up around here if Lehigh loses Saturday to take your lumps?

henfan
December 3rd, 2010, 11:49 AM
yep, just like Delaware, both losing to playoff bound teams in the last regular season game....

Silving lining is that the Hens at least took that playoff bound team to OT, while LU got blown out by said team 35-0. Of course, any team in the country would have loved to have 2-9 Patriot powerhouse Lafayette on that final day of the season. Then again, most playoff eligible schools also would not have struggled to beat the Leopards by a single score.

Alas, comparative scores mean nothing. I'll wait to see the head to head before getting too excited.

See you here on Saturday evening, no?

straightshooter
December 3rd, 2010, 12:10 PM
I can't agree. Utterly simplistic and uninsightful. All GSU does is run "off tackle"? I think the triple option is a little more complicated than that.

The statistics are meaningless and the breakdown of the games is limited. Same old, same old.

Spot on Typical...this guy has no clue.

tribe_pride
December 3rd, 2010, 12:37 PM
Spot on Typical...this guy has no clue.

It's been like this all season. Why start improving now?

Also, is it me, or does this article have changing fonts and font sizes within the same paragraph? Is he just copying and pasting from other articles and then inserting his own text in spots? xlolx

mcveyrl
December 3rd, 2010, 12:42 PM
Who does this guy have pictures of at CSN?