PDA

View Full Version : Nova @ SFA

Pages : [1] 2

VUCats02
November 27th, 2010, 09:25 PM
There's been talk about this game on other threads, but now that the opening round is over, I'd figure I'd start a thread here in case other people have something to say.

And the million dollar question is................................................ .....

Which will be more successful....SFA's running defense or Nova's passing defense?

caribbeanhen
November 27th, 2010, 09:31 PM
Nova should win big

lionsrking2
November 27th, 2010, 09:38 PM
Should be an interesting game...I don't think SFA is as good as they were last year, but if they're running their offense with good tempo and rhythm, it could be a tough day for the Nova D...I'm not ready to pick a winner, but I think it will be close either way.

VUCats02
November 27th, 2010, 10:10 PM
Nova should win big

Completely disagree. Maybe if the "good" Nova shows up, but they have proven to be inconsistent all year long (probably from the Big East talk distraction). SFA has one of the best qb's in FCS and Nova traditionally does poorly against great passing teams (for recent games, see Nova vs Holy Cross last year and Nova vs UNH in good weather the last 2 years). Plus Nova has to travel halfway across the country.

charliej
November 27th, 2010, 10:52 PM
I'm a little concerned myself,not so last year.

Nova should win, but I said that a few times this year when they didn't.

GrabbAnAxe
November 27th, 2010, 11:06 PM
Still very little national love for the Lumberjacks on a national stage, but I guess that is to be expected when you are playing the champs.

I think there is a lot of reason to be excited about this game, for both teams. Nova, of course, is beginning a title defense while SFA is seeking to prove that they are a legitamite (sp?) NC contender. I think a win over the defending champs would suffice as proper credentials as a possible contender, yes?

It's hard for me to speculate too much on a winner just because my knowledge of the game is so one-sided, but from reading the threads and seeing what people from both sides have to say, it is going to be a fun example of contradicting styles.

I know the Lumberjacks are as good as anyone, offensively, when they are in rhythm. It's a fast break on turf when these guys get going, and Jeremy Moses does an excellent job of directing it. But the thing that concerns me is that SFA, honestly, has yet to put 4 quareters of good football together this year, although a lot of that is because they haven't had to have four quarters of good football together.

I think the TXST collapse was a real awakener for those guys, and they played dominating football the last three weeks of the season, which is what you would hope to see from a superior team against, frankly, inferior opponents. Hopefully that carries over into the playoffs.

Another thing that concerns me is your quarterback. Too many times, especially in the TXST game did we see a mobile quarterback extend plays and convert third downs when the initial play had broken down. Very frustrating for what, really, is a very disciplined and underrated defense. They do nothing fancy on that side of the ball, just line up, NEVER blitz and keep everything in front of them ... essentially bending, but rarely breaking. That explains a lot of why this team has been so good in the red zone this year, because they can be much more aggressive in that area.

I think having this game in Texas is a massive advantage, not necessarily because Nova has to travel, but because SFA does not. Our success has been very high at home in the last two years, but the Montana game last season showed that we can be shaky on the road in games in poor-weather climates. Hopefully if we win, that will not be the case in Boone (pending App St. takes care of business).

Again, I'm ready for this game. Everyone in Nac should be ready for this game. And if SFA wins, hopefully they realize what exactly they pulled off in knocking off a defending champ. And if Villanova comes in and gets the W, good luck to them, and hopefully they leave Nacogdoches with a lot more respect for SFA and the Southland than they arrived with. Go Jacks!

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2010, 07:27 AM
well the SFA win at UNI looks less impresive at this point and Montana destroyed SFA last year 51-0.... yep, I am sure it seemed much closer.

Nova 42
SFA 21

MR. CHICKEN
November 28th, 2010, 08:54 AM
IFIN' DUH 'JACKS AIR GAME IS REAL......'NOVA ENDS UP IN BIG JAM @ NACOGDOCHES STRAWBERRY PATCH.......'CATS CAN STUFF DUH RUN....BUT PASS D...IS MO' SUSPECT..DAN TED BUNDY......LOOK WHAT UD..DID TA LAST YEARS NC'S IN FINAL GAME O' REGULAR SEASON...(DEVLIN 42-58-407 YDS)....SCZUR...IS NO THREAT...USED AS DECOY..EVEN IFIN' HE GETS SOME PLAYS......HOME COOKIN' WHISTLES...WILL HELP INSURE...OWN-LAH TEXAS TEAM......ENDS UP IN FRISCO..COME JANUARY..(DUH....THINK DEY WANT SOME FANS IN STANDS...FO' INNAUGRAL CONTEST).......HEY STEPHEN...KEEP AN' EYE OUT FO'...ANDY'S TRICK PLAYS...AN' HIS AUNT BEA......LIKE BUTTER-UP...ON....HOW NICE TA VISIT YA'S.........S.F. JUMPS ON 'EM EARLY...&......WHIFF VILLANOVA'S FANS....ENJOYIN'....CURLY FRIES.....AT GRANITE RUN.....WILDCATS WILL BE LOOKIN'...TA HOLE UP....IN DUH ALAMO....AN' HOPIN' DELAWARE CAN AVENGE DUH LOSS.....37-20 'JACKS......xnodx......BRAWK!

GrabbAnAxe
November 28th, 2010, 07:21 PM
I have no idea how to actually respond to that. I think that last one was in SFA's favor, but I'm honestly not sure.

TwoFeathers
November 28th, 2010, 07:22 PM
IFIN' DUH 'JACKS AIR GAME IS REAL......'NOVA ENDS UP IN BIG JAM @ NACOGDOCHES STRAWBERRY PATCH.......'CATS CAN STUFF DUH RUN....BUT PASS D...IS MO' SUSPECT..DAN TED BUNDY......LOOK WHAT UD..DID TA LAST YEARS NC'S IN FINAL GAME O' REGULAR SEASON...(DEVLIN 42-58-407 YDS)....SCZUR...IS NO THREAT...USED AS DECOY..EVEN IFIN' HE GETS SOME PLAYS......HOME COOKIN' WHISTLES...WILL HELP INSURE...OWN-LAH TEXAS TEAM......ENDS UP IN FRISCO..COME JANUARY..(DUH....THINK DEY WANT SOME FANS IN STANDS...FO' INNAUGRAL CONTEST).......HEY STEPHEN...KEEP AN' EYE OUT FO'...ANDY'S TRICK PLAYS...AN' HIS AUNT BEA......LIKE BUTTER-UP...ON....HOW NICE TA VISIT YA'S.........S.F. JUMPS ON 'EM EARLY...&......WHIFF VILLANOVA'S FANS....ENJOYIN'....CURLY FRIES.....AT GRANITE RUN.....WILDCATS WILL BE LOOKIN'...TA HOLE UP....IN DUH ALAMO....AN' HOPIN' DELAWARE CAN AVENGE DUH LOSS.....37-20 'JACKS......xnodx......BRAWK!

Is that a telegram??? ;)

TwoFeathers
November 28th, 2010, 07:24 PM
Good Luck Villanova! This is going to be a tough game. But none tougher than your win at Delaware. That has to be the biggest win of the year from a must-win, gut performance. Nicely done!

VUCats02
November 28th, 2010, 07:28 PM
When Matt Szczur was asked, "Will you be playing against SFA?" he instantly replied "definitely"

He should be good to go for this one and it sounds like he's gonna be a lot closer to 100% than against Delaware.

I'd be willing to bet that this bye week is a lot more important for Nova than SFA. Hopefully we'll be somewhat fresh Saturday! No disrespect to the Southland, but I'm sure Nova's players have had a lot more wear and tear on their bodies than the SFA players. For 1, CAA games are played in much colder weather making injuries easier to get, and for 2, the competition is simply better meaning longer and more physical battles throughout the season.

TwoFeathers
November 28th, 2010, 07:31 PM
When Matt Szczur was asked, "Will you be playing against SFA?" he instantly replied "definitely"

He should be good to go for this one and it sounds like he's gonna be a lot closer to 100% than against Delaware.

I'd be willing to bet that this bye week is a lot more important for Nova than SFA. Hopefully we'll be somewhat fresh Saturday! No disrespect to the Southland, but I'm sure Nova's players have had a lot more wear and tear on their bodies than the SFA players. For 1, CAA games are played in much colder weather making injuries easier to get, and for 2, the competition is simply better meaning longer and more physical battles throughout the season.

With Szczur back, Villanova could be back to the form that got them to #1. Dangerous team that can beat anyone at anytime. See last week at Delaware. Good luck, Villanova!

McNeese75
November 28th, 2010, 08:12 PM
Should be an interesting game. I might even make the three hour drive to check it out. VU's run defense will be worthless as the Jacks will probably not run the ball a dozen times (well that might be a stretch xlolx) but they will throw the ball all over the field going no huddle and will be running WRs in and out to keep fresh bodies running those 20-30+ yard routes on every down. Nova better have some good DB's and a good supply of them to keep up with the pressure. If the Wildcats can control the ball or get pressure on Moses then it will be a different game.

james_lawfirm
November 28th, 2010, 08:30 PM
SFA fans:
OK, help me out here. How does one correctly pronounce Nacogdoches?

Is it anything like Natchitoches? Which, IIRC, is pronounced "nag-a-doach". The only reason I know that is that App played NW State there in 2004, and lost.

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Should be an interesting game.

that we can agree on, how did they lose by 51 to Montana last year anyway?

McNeese75
November 28th, 2010, 08:40 PM
SFA fans:
OK, help me out here. How does one correctly pronounce Nacogdoches?

Is it anything like Natchitoches? Which, IIRC, is pronounced "nag-a-doach". The only reason I know that is that App played NW State there in 2004, and lost.

Nack uh dosh es

VUCats02
November 28th, 2010, 08:44 PM

Weren't a lot of the players hungover? :-P

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Weren't a lot of the players hungover? :-P

thats right, there was a pic of the SFA QB circulated on AGS sampling several free rounds courtesy of the Grizzly faithful

McNeese75
November 28th, 2010, 08:53 PM

Moses has thrown only 4 pics this year against 34 tds. Last year he tossed 40 Tds with 21 pics. He is a senior this year and making better decisions. Nothing says he won't have a bad day this Saturday but if a cocky Nova team shows up expecting another repeat of Montana last year they might get embarrassed because if SFA gets on a roll, they can run it up fast.

NovaWildcat
November 28th, 2010, 08:53 PM
There's really no way to compare these teams pre-game besides looking at Montana last year - and that has its flaws for obvious reasons. They didn't play any common opponents or even conferences. Not sure how anyone could accurately put a prediction together, unless they've actually seen both teams -- which is probably unlikely.

Nova has some quality D-backs but is suseptible to the big play down field. From the sounds of it that might be an issue against SFA.

McNeese75
November 28th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Sorry for jumping in here in front of the SFA fans xlolx, I will carry my *** back to Crapsville.

purplejacks
November 28th, 2010, 08:57 PM
There is no question that the Jacks are little more than a bunch of Frat Boys as was displayed last year at Missoula. As far as NOVA should be concerned, all we do is pass, pass, pass and pass. The only run we do is on and off the field. Heck, most teams in our league play 9 def. backs and only 2 d.linemen against us. We dont know much about the CAA , heck most of us think that's a sound a crow makes, let alone the best and toughest football conference next to the SEC. I just hope most of our players decide to show up and are not to hung-over to dress out - gosh, that includes me too... I will be tailgating.

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2010, 09:00 PM
Sorry for jumping in here in front of the SFA fans xlolx, I will carry my *** back to Crapsville.

Not so fast, another game of note is the SFA win at UNI in the dome, a few days ago it seemed like a quality win

Wildcat80
November 28th, 2010, 09:02 PM
key to beating nova is QB whitney. hit him hard & often. make sure you account for him running the ball every play. hit him low--take out his legs cause he's a big dude. that and score on them & they will be beat.

jmufan999
November 28th, 2010, 09:02 PM
i believe this game will be closer than most CAA fans probably think. i haven't read any posts on this thread so i don't know what is being said, but i think SFA could give them a run for their money. in the end, Nova wins by 4-10.

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2010, 09:04 PM
I will add that the Nova secondary can lay some lumber...that Maldonado is a tough kid... Old Moses is gonna feel some hits himself on Saturday

VUCats02
November 28th, 2010, 09:06 PM
but if a cocky Nova team shows up expecting another repeat of Montana last year they might get embarrassed because if SFA gets on a roll, they can run it up fast.

SFA can very well win this game, but Nova will be ready and will be far from cocky. They had to win on the last day of the season to even be in the playoffs. They've already learned what happens when you're not mentally prepared for games. It won't happen in the playoffs. I still think that this is a very tough matchup for us.

VUCats02
November 28th, 2010, 09:07 PM
I will add that the Nova secondary can lay some lumber...that Maldonado is a tough kid... Old Moses is gonna feel some hits himself on Saturday

He got a concussion against you guys. Another reason why we really needed this bye week. Hopefully he will be ready to go.

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2010, 09:10 PM
i was curious about that, looked like he got his helmet ripped off and then fell to the turf and hit his head right down to my left in the corner of the NEZ

Nebuta
November 28th, 2010, 09:19 PM
Go Nova! Good luck

McNeese75
November 28th, 2010, 09:40 PM

He better be able to get to Moses in less than 3 seconds, LOL

NovaWildcat
November 28th, 2010, 09:42 PM
we play a 3-3-5 defense, so loading up in the secondary will not be the issue. Whether or not we're still able to prevent the pass is a different story.

Need Maldanato to come back healthy. We have talent for sure with Loper and Pitts on the corners and Dempsey as the enforcer in the middle. Lots of experience there.

Key will be pass rush. We're beat up on the d-line and haven't maintained consistent pressure.

McNeese75
November 28th, 2010, 10:03 PM
If you shut down the run after catch, press the receivers and get some pressure on Moses then the odds swing in your favor. It has just not been that easy to do in 2010 as compared to 2009.

R3TRO
November 28th, 2010, 10:10 PM
Its tough to make plays under pressure and I think Moses will find himself under a lot of pressure against Nova. That, along with Nova's ability to control the clock, I think it will be a one-sided game but not the blowout some might think.

SFA 71
November 28th, 2010, 11:47 PM
Nack uh dosh es

Nope: Nack uh doe chus

SFA 71
November 28th, 2010, 11:51 PM
SFA fans:

Is it anything like Natchitoches? Which, IIRC, is pronounced "nag-a-doach".

Nope: Natchitoches is: Nack uh tish

SFA 71
November 29th, 2010, 12:21 AM
well the SFA win at UNI looks less impresive at this point and Montana destroyed SFA last year 51-0.... yep, I am sure it seemed much closer.

Nova 42
SFA 21

What's last year have to do with anything?
Villanova beat Temple 27 - 24 last year & lost 31 - 24 this year. They beat W&M 28 - 17 last year & lost 31 - 24 this year. They beat RI 36 - 7 last year & lost 17 - 14 this year. They lost to NH 28 - 24 last year & lost again this year 31 - 24. Your wife has twins last year, is she having twins this year? Maybe but I wouldn't bet money on it happening. The only streaks I see is V losing 2 or their last 3 & making a habit out of losing 31 - 24. If they win this year it has nothing to do with SFA's loss to Montana last year.

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2010, 12:26 AM
[ If they win this year it has nothing to do with SFA's loss to Montana last year.[/COLOR]

of course not, but all that wont change the fact that you got beat bad up in Montana who eventually lost to Villanova... just saying that Nova brings a different kind of talent to the table this year that year or whatever year

NovaWildcat
November 29th, 2010, 09:08 AM
our defense is not as strong as last year. Because of the D-line.

Our offense, with Szczur, is actually a lot better. Of course that's last year and last year doesn't matter on Saturday.

SFA 71
November 29th, 2010, 09:46 AM
of course not, but all that wont change the fact that you got beat bad up in Montana who eventually lost to Villanova... just saying that Nova brings a different kind of talent to the table this year that year or whatever year

We beat Eastern Washington 44 - 33 last year in the playoffs. They're ranked # 5 this year & we're not ranked at all although we are both 9 & 2 & we were ranked higher in the polls. If you graduate five seniors & bring in 5 freshmen to take their place, does that mean you still have a great team? I guess you've made up your mind. I'm going to wait until Saturday afternoon before I say who's got the better team THIS YEAR./xtwocentsx

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2010, 11:21 AM
We beat Eastern Washington 44 - 33 last year in the playoffs. [/U]/xtwocentsx

wins against the Big Fluffy Sky are not worthy of including on the resume, I'll admit that this is a very intriging match up, the kind that make the playoffs great

SFA 71
November 29th, 2010, 11:42 AM
wins against the Big Fluffy Sky are not worthy of including on the resume, I'll admit that this is a very intriging match up, the kind that make the playoffs great
What conference was the team that V- played for the National Championship from, the Caribbean Gulf Coast League? What was the final in that game, oh yeah, 23 - 21? Not exactly what I call a whuppin. My momma used to beat me harder than that just for the exercise. xchinscratchx

VUCats02
November 29th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Boise St is great in the WAC - doesn't mean the whole WAC conference is good...

TheRevSFA
November 29th, 2010, 02:45 PM
SFA wins...35-28...or Nova wins..35-28...won't be by more than a TD.

VUCats02
November 29th, 2010, 02:49 PM
SFA wins...35-28...or Nova wins..35-28...won't be by more than a TD.

I agree. Don't count on Nova making any field goals. Our field goal kicking team is awful.

I will say, though, that we have a very, very good punter.

Ivytalk
November 29th, 2010, 02:50 PM
xlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaox

ROFLMAO "at Granite Run"!!

McNeese72
November 29th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Is that a telegram??? ;)

It twas chicken sratch! :)

Anovafan
November 29th, 2010, 03:40 PM
This is quite possibly the worst match-up for Nova in the entire playoff field. SFA is a passing team with an outstanding QB, great, athletic WRs, and a game on the road half way across the country. Moses is, in my opinion, the best QB Nova will face this year, better than Devlin. He is probably as good as Randolph was for Holy Cross last year, and will pick apart the Nova defense. The only difference from Randolph is that Moses gets to throw to some very talented and fast WRs (unlike Holy Cross or Delaware's possession receivers), and they like to chuck it deep. Not good news for a Nova defense that lives to stop the run. If there is a weakness, I think it is SFA's o-line and tendency to turn it over from time to time. Nova will have to get pressure and tackle well, if not, SFA will run wild.

I don't think SFA will be able to stop Nova's offense. Nova should be able to move the ball on the ground well and eat up some clock. I think this is the only way Nova can win the game.

It will be interesting to see how these two teams match-up in terms of team speed. SFA looks very fast, and Nova is a fast team. The only team I think in the CAA that was faster than Nova was UNH, so we will see.

I think this will be a close game in the 30s, either team winning 34-30, or something like that. It should be an interesting game. I am looking forward to the trip down and some good TX BBQ. Any SFA fans give me a local recommendation?

GrabbAnAxe
November 29th, 2010, 04:09 PM
I think this will be a close game in the 30s, either team winning 34-30, or something like that. It should be an interesting game. I am looking forward to the trip down and some good TX BBQ. Any SFA fans give me a local recommendation?

There are several good local eateries in the Nacogdoches area, and I'm glad to see that you'll be headed south to sample them. If BBQ is what you are looking for, Mike's BBQ or The BBQ House are probably your best options. They are brothers (I believe, or maybe brothers-in-law) that run the two spots, with Mike's being located on South Street, and The BBQ House being I believe on Stallings Drive. Also, CC's SMokehouse is a good recommendation if you are looking for just some good, all-around, Texas cooking. Personally, it's my favorite restaurant in town.

Auntie Pasta's and Clear Springs are also popular options. AP's is a very good Italian-type restaurant and Clear Springs is literally on the other side of the building and does outstanding catfish, seafood, burgers, etc. Oh, and if you do go to Clear Springs, try the onion rings. You won't regret it.

Wildcat80
November 29th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Will SFA approach this as getting a win over a Big East team?? Interesting...

TheRevSFA
November 29th, 2010, 04:48 PM
This is quite possibly the worst match-up for Nova in the entire playoff field. SFA is a passing team with an outstanding QB, great, athletic WRs, and a game on the road half way across the country. Moses is, in my opinion, the best QB Nova will face this year, better than Devlin. He is probably as good as Randolph was for Holy Cross last year, and will pick apart the Nova defense. The only difference from Randolph is that Moses gets to throw to some very talented and fast WRs (unlike Holy Cross or Delaware's possession receivers), and they like to chuck it deep. Not good news for a Nova defense that lives to stop the run. If there is a weakness, I think it is SFA's o-line and tendency to turn it over from time to time. Nova will have to get pressure and tackle well, if not, SFA will run wild.

I don't think SFA will be able to stop Nova's offense. Nova should be able to move the ball on the ground well and eat up some clock. I think this is the only way Nova can win the game.

It will be interesting to see how these two teams match-up in terms of team speed. SFA looks very fast, and Nova is a fast team. The only team I think in the CAA that was faster than Nova was UNH, so we will see.

Butcher Boys on North Street..without a doubt. Mikes is okay as well.

Lumberjacfans.com will have a tailgate..look for the banner. Perhaps some AGS mingling before kickoff. Have a safe trip down

TheRevSFA
November 29th, 2010, 04:49 PM
Will SFA approach this as getting a win over a Big East team?? Interesting...

I personally don't see it as such, but that's just me.

PurpleOut
November 29th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Yeah Anovafan, feel free to come join us on our board. We can help you some more with travel and whatnot.

As far as the game...I don't really know who is going to win, but I like to think we will. When we're on, I don't think there is anyone that can stop us. Our RB's aren't bad, just young and inexperienced and our OL isn't a run blocking line. But they are GREAT at pass blocking. That and the fact that the ball is out of Moses hands in about 2 seconds, it's very difficult to get pressure on him. He can get rattled, but I think it's more on him then it is on the defense. Against NWST he wasn't even close in the first quarter, but still almost had 300 yds in the first half and 500 total.

Nova's RB concern me. The really only "legit" RB we played all year was Flanders from SHSU, and he had a lot of success.

My keys to the game are turnovers (obviously...and to add, the whole Montana game was horrible, and there are no excuses but it was just one of those games where nothing went right. We had 10 turnovers in the game, 6 in the first half. You can't beat a junior high team that way, much less Montana, anyway...) and our 3rd downs. Nova will have to stop our 3rd downs to win this game.

Looking for a good game and looks to be great weather in Nac, sunny and high around 70. How many Nova fans are yall expecting to come? Safe travels.

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2010, 07:06 PM
What conference was the team that V- played for the National Championship from, the Caribbean Gulf Coast League? What was the final in that game, oh yeah, 23 - 21? Not exactly what I call a whuppin. My momma used to beat me harder than that just for the exercise. xchinscratchx

no your confused, the whippin was the 51-0 game.... with all that I am reading about Moses being the biblical one somebody is gonna have to explain how that happend

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2010, 07:08 PM
Moses is, in my opinion, the best QB Nova will face this year, better than Devlin.

are you the same guy that said that Colt guy from Hawaii was better than Flacco... thats funny xlolx

PurpleOut
November 29th, 2010, 07:10 PM
no your confused, the whippin was the 51-0 game.... with all that I am reading about Moses being the biblical one somebody is gonna have to explain how that happend

Nobody thinks he is the biblical one. And it's already been said about how much he's matured/learned from last year. Just look at the stats. That's not to say he can't/wont have a bad game Saturday, just saying this isn't the Moses (and the SFA team) from the Montana game.

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Nobody thinks he is the biblical one. And it's already been said about how much he's matured/learned from last year. Just look at the stats. That's not to say he can't/wont have a bad game Saturday, just saying this isn't the Moses (and the SFA team) from the Montana game.

Why are you all wrapped up in the stats.... again check out the Hawaii Colt..he had great stats for sure but when the competition was notched up he was done

Looks like noone wants to the touch the 51-0 game and just WTF happened...I know it was cold up there... I guess I'll have to go to youtube and see for myself

PurpleOut
November 29th, 2010, 07:37 PM
Why are you all wrapped up in the stats.... again check out the Hawaii Colt..he had great stats for sure but when the competition was notched up he was done

Looks like noone wants to the touch the 51-0 game and just WTF happened...I know it was cold up there... I guess I'll have to go to youtube and see for myself

Why are you so wrapped on a game last year?

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2010, 07:47 PM
show me another common opponet and I'll try to unravel

GrabbAnAxe
November 29th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Look, you're right, last year's game at Montana was a whippin'. No doubt. Can't deny it, and frankly, we don't try to. They kicked our tail in every way, up and down the field and even on our way back to the plane.

With that being said, if Villanova would've played Montana for the NC at Wa-Griz, I'm fairly confident in saying that last year's NC rings wouldn't have a big blue V on them. That may be the toughest place to play in college football, and I'm including FBS in that discussion. I have the utmost respect for anyone that goes in there and wins.

You are also correct in that, historically, we don't have much to hang our hat on. That is exactly what we are trying to change here at SFA. Having a team of Nova's caliber come here is an opportunity that we are hoping to take advantage of so that we can begin to build the type of respect that teams in the CAA have.

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2010, 07:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz9qWFYJbDU

now that was just ugly, everything that could go wrong did go wrong for SFA

McNeese75
November 29th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Common opponent analysis is a great way to pass the time but when you are trying to compare teams from two different years you are really reaching.

McNeese lost to SFA this year but they beat Nova in 2002 so .....

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2010, 07:54 PM
SFA HI LIGHTS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39vX7gq9MJw&feature=related

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Common opponent analysis is a great way to pass the time but when you are trying to compare teams from two different years you are really reaching.

McNeese lost to SFA this year but they beat Nova in 2002 so .....

11 months ago vs 8 years ago?

what else do we have to do until Saturday?

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Look, you're right, last year's game at Montana was a whippin'. No doubt. Can't deny it, and frankly, we don't try to. They kicked our tail in every way, up and down the field and even on our way back to the plane.

With that being said, if Villanova would've played Montana for the NC at Wa-Griz, I'm fairly confident in saying that last year's NC rings wouldn't have a big blue V on them. That may be the toughest place to play in college football, and I'm including FBS in that discussion. I have the utmost respect for anyone that goes in there and wins.

You are also correct in that, historically, we don't have much to hang our hat on. That is exactly what we are trying to change here at SFA. Having a team of Nova's caliber come here is an opportunity that we are hoping to take advantage of so that we can begin to build the type of respect that teams in the CAA have.

I cant argue with any of that but somehow I get the feelin I am being mistaken for a Nova fan..... You got your wish I am outta here for a while:)

PurpleOut
November 29th, 2010, 08:10 PM
SFA HI LIGHTS

That was three years ago man.

VUCats02
November 29th, 2010, 08:19 PM
I said this on the SFA board and I'll say it here. Let's forget about Montana. That game for SFA was a FLUKE. As Jim Mora would say, "I don't care who ya play, whether it's a high school team, a junior college team, a college team, much less an NFL team - you turn the ball over that many times, you ain't gonna beat anybody, not anybody!."

SFA must be able to run the ball though in this game. If you guys come out passing non-stop, Nova's defense will get exactly what they prepared for for two weeks straight. Even though they are much better at stopping the run, they will be much more prepared to stop the pass this week, which is why you guys need to run the football.

heath
November 29th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Was kinda thinking about last years second round for SFA all over again

SFA 71
November 29th, 2010, 11:22 PM
SFA HI LIGHTS

That wasn't SFA hi-lights, that was sam houston state hi-lights the last time they beat us....two years ago. xthumbsdownx

SFA 71
November 29th, 2010, 11:46 PM
show me another common opponet and I'll try to unravel

Unravel this:
SFA beats Albany 59 - 14 ... 45 points advantage
Albany beats Maine 3 - 0 ... 45-3= 42
Maine beats Rhode Island 28 - 23 ... 42-5= 37
Rhode Island beats V-nova 17 - 14 ... 37-3= 34

Using your logic we should win by 34 points.

xsmileyclapx

Dblue
November 30th, 2010, 03:02 AM

From http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_iaa/atlantic10/delaware/opponents_records.php?teamid=2087
Division I-AA 1st Round Playoff Game
11-27-1993
Missoula, MT

Delaware 49
Montana 48

Delaware has only played the Griz once, hellava' game. Luck to both teams Saturday, but only the good kind to SFA. xnodx

lionsrking2
November 30th, 2010, 03:35 AM
Unravel this:

xsmileyclapx

Hey, we beat Texas State, 49-24...they beat you guys 27-24...you guys beat us 51-14...that's tells just about anyone all they need to know about comparison scores.

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2010, 05:30 AM
Unravel this:

xsmileyclapx

well I do think that is interesting but also know it is meaningless, you guys will need all of those 34 points to have any chance to win...

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2010, 06:45 AM
That wasn't SFA hi-lights, that was sam houston state hi-lights the last time they beat us....two years ago. xthumbsdownx

fair enough, but explain this one...faking injuries?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFojfG31enA

TheRevSFA
November 30th, 2010, 07:43 AM
No one at SFA is proud of what happened at A&M. Personally I was pretty disappointed, but let's bring Nova into Kyle Field and see the *** beating they get by Texas A&M.

Since you like to compare things..let's compare stats

SFA is 6th in total offense in FCS, Nova is 48th. SFA is 42nd in total defense, Nova is 11th. Nova has one of the best run defenses..49th in passing. SFA has a horrible pass defense and is ranked 26th against the rush.

What's the point? None..because we won't know how these two will match up until Saturday...so you can compare to Montana all you want, and say that Nova is defending champs. That's last year..and they're obviously two different teams playing this year.

Oh and if you want to know where i got the stats..it's from sportsnetwork.com I'm sure TexasTerror has better stats.

SFA 71
November 30th, 2010, 08:03 AM
caribbeanhen: fair enough, but explain this one...faking injuries?

You seem to have a problem staying on subject.xreadx

SFA 71
November 30th, 2010, 08:07 AM
Hey, we beat Texas State, 49-24...they beat you guys 27-24...you guys beat us 51-14...that's tells just about anyone all they need to know about comparison scores.

Well, there you have it! Comparisons are meaningless. Especially between this year & last year. Unless you're looking at Lake Travis which has won state two years in a row & beat Victoria East 52 - 28 Saturday.xoopsx

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Since you like to compare things..let's compare stats

please noooooooo stats, they are meaningless - Mark Twain had it right "Figures don't lie, but liars do figure"

TheRevSFA
November 30th, 2010, 08:35 AM
So instead of comparing how the teams are doing this season, you'd rather focus on something that has no bearing (i.e playoff games from last year)?

Anovafan
November 30th, 2010, 08:54 AM
There are several good local eateries in the Nacogdoches area, and I'm glad to see that you'll be headed south to sample them. If BBQ is what you are looking for, Mike's BBQ or The BBQ House are probably your best options. They are brothers (I believe, or maybe brothers-in-law) that run the two spots, with Mike's being located on South Street, and The BBQ House being I believe on Stallings Drive. Also, CC's SMokehouse is a good recommendation if you are looking for just some good, all-around, Texas cooking. Personally, it's my favorite restaurant in town.

Auntie Pasta's and Clear Springs are also popular options. AP's is a very good Italian-type restaurant and Clear Springs is literally on the other side of the building and does outstanding catfish, seafood, burgers, etc. Oh, and if you do go to Clear Springs, try the onion rings. You won't regret it.

Thanks Axe, much obliged! Looking forward to the trip down Thrs night, it will be nice to escape the cold up here for a few days. I doubt many Nova fans will be making this trip besides some parents and few others, maybe 100 at most. As has been repeated by many a Delaware fan on here, Nova has very few football fans, we are a basketball school.

Anovafan
November 30th, 2010, 09:03 AM
are you the same guy that said that Colt guy from Hawaii was better than Flacco... thats funny xlolx

Talk to me after you have watched all 11 SFA games this year and then give me a comparison to Devlin. Moses is the better QB this year. And Flacco is 10x better than Devlin. Everyone knew Flacco was the real deal. I have never heard a ball zip through the air more than Flacco's. However Devlin will graduate just like Flacco, having never beaten Nova.

TheRevSFA
November 30th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Thanks Axe, much obliged! Looking forward to the trip down Thrs night, it will be nice to escape the cold up here for a few days. I doubt many Nova fans will be making this trip besides some parents and few others, maybe 100 at most. As has been repeated by many a Delaware fan on here, Nova has very few football fans, we are a basketball school.

ANova..there is tailgating before the game in the parking lot on the east side of the stadium. Lumberjackfans.com will be there (you'll see the banner)...bring your Nova breathern. We're actually nice to people in Texas.

Like we said..have a safe trip down. Watch your speed driving in east texas.

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2010, 09:52 AM
Talk to me after you have watched all 11 SFA games this year and then give me a comparison to Devlin. Moses is the better QB this year..

You want me to believe that you watched all 11, Moses is good at his level and his system, Devlin will be playing on Sundays

Anovafan
November 30th, 2010, 10:20 AM
You want me to believe that you watched all 11, Moses is good at his level and his system, Devlin will be playing on Sundays

Moses was the better QB this year. Devlin's passing numbers this year were very pedestrian, heck Whitney almost threw for more yards than he did, and Whitney is a running QB. I will bet you that Devlin makes an NFL squad but he will never be a starter in the NFL. His arm is strong but it isn't NFL strong.

PurpleOut
November 30th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Moses needs just 18 completions to set the FCS record.

TheRevSFA
November 30th, 2010, 10:28 AM
Moses just passed Heisman winner Ty Detmer on the NCAA Career TD list..(I think he's now 14th). With 18 completions in the game, Moses breaks the FCS record for completions.

The kid has a great offense and a great arm. Will he be NFL? Let's be honest I didn't think Colt McCoy was NFL worthy out of Texas and sure enough he's playing..so I don't know, but he's not a chump.

SFA 71
November 30th, 2010, 10:49 AM
please noooooooo stats, they are meaningless - Mark Twain had it right "Figures don't lie, but liars do figure"

Twain didn't say that: Figures don’t lie, but liars figure.

"My friend believes that this saying originated with Samuel Clemens otherwise known as Mark Twain. I think it was created by Carroll D. Wright who was once the top statistics expert in the United States. Could you research this quote and help us to determine who composed it?

Quote Investigator: Yes, this is an entertaining quote, and QI will examine it for you and your friend. The saying has been credited to Mark Twain for more than ninety-five years, but the first citation for Twain located by QI is dated 1913. This is after Twain’s death and there is no corroborating evidence for the attribution in Twain’s own writings."

http://quoteinvestigator.com/2010/11/15/liars-figure/

YoUDeeMan
November 30th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Talk to me after you have watched all 11 SFA games this year and then give me a comparison to Devlin. Moses is the better QB this year. And Flacco is 10x better than Devlin. Everyone knew Flacco was the real deal. I have never heard a ball zip through the air more than Flacco's. However Devlin will graduate just like Flacco, having never beaten Nova.

1) Devlin reads the field much better than Flacco and Devlin's arm is strong enough to make the pro throws.
2) So, you're saying nova won't make the Championship game in Frisco? xnodx xlolx

YoUDeeMan
November 30th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Moses was the better QB this year. Devlin's passing numbers this year were very pedestrian, heck Whitney almost threw for more yards than he did, and Whitney is a running QB. I will bet you that Devlin makes an NFL squad but he will never be a starter in the NFL. His arm is strong but it isn't NFL strong.

Of course Devlin's numbers were pedestrian. He broke one hand, was knocked out of a game on hte second play, then missed another game entirely. When he came back, they called a pedestrian game plan to protect him. It is no coincidence that the games without his cast have resulted in better stats.

Going forward, you'll see Devlin at his best. xnodx

Anovafan
November 30th, 2010, 12:06 PM
1) Devlin reads the field much better than Flacco and Devlin's arm is strong enough to make the pro throws.
2) So, you're saying nova won't make the Championship game in Frisco? xnodx xlolx

Reading the field in UD's offense is a joke, it is the same read every time. He looks front side, 1, 2, and if they are even remotely covered, he looks back side for the man coverage. It's a really simple offense.

I'll still take a bet with anyone that Devlin doesn't become an NFL starter.

But this is going way off topic, back to the Nova-SFA game. I think SFA got the short end of the stick not getting a seed over Montana State.

VUCats02
November 30th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Of course Devlin's numbers were pedestrian. He broke one hand, was knocked out of a game on hte second play, then missed another game entirely. When he came back, they called a pedestrian game plan to protect him. It is no coincidence that the games without his cast have resulted in better stats.

Going forward, you'll see Devlin at his best. xnodx

Devlin couldn't have gotten much better than when he played against Nova. I think I counted a total of two passes he misfired on. Nova saw the Devlin at his best and still got the W. He's a great QB, but I'm not sure if he will make a good pro or not, and I don't know if he's better than Moses or not, however, he had a nearly perfect game against us but your WR's dropped many passes and were simply awful.

PurpleOut
November 30th, 2010, 04:12 PM
But this is going way off topic, back to the Nova-SFA game. I think SFA got the short end of the stick not getting a seed over Montana State.

I agree. Maybe we don't deserve the respect, maybe we do, but being in the Top 5 (#2 in the coaches) and not getting a seed, then getting the defending national champs for the first game, only to be paired with #1 App State is a little ridiculous. We'll have to prove ourselves.

VUCats02
November 30th, 2010, 04:21 PM
With having a playoff format like this, a couple of teams will get screwed over every single year in their placement in the field. Just something you have to deal with and if you're the best team in the country you have to be able to beat the other teams eventually anyway. I can't really complain for Nova's placement. While a tough road lies ahead we should feel fortunate we are here and that we even got a bye week. If I was a SFA fan, I would be a little bit upset, but you just gotta realize somebody had to be in your slot in the bracket, and it just happened to be you - nothing you can do about it other than prove the committee wrong by winning.

SFA 71
November 30th, 2010, 06:02 PM
With having a playoff format like this, a couple of teams will get screwed over every single year in their placement in the field. Just something you have to deal with and if you're the best team in the country you have to be able to beat the other teams eventually anyway. I can't really complain for Nova's placement. While a tough road lies ahead we should feel fortunate we are here and that we even got a bye week. If I was a SFA fan, I would be a little bit upset, but you just gotta realize somebody had to be in your slot in the bracket, and it just happened to be you - nothing you can do about it other than prove the committee wrong by winning.

Yeah, it's pretty funny how the majority of the FCS teams are in the East but the one that got the raw deal isn't. Aww, I'm sure that's just a co-incidence. xwhistlex

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2010, 05:46 AM
Reading the field in UD's offense is a joke, it is the same read every time. He looks front side, 1, 2, and if they are even remotely covered, he looks back side for the man coverage. It's a really simple offense.

not true, ask Flacco... Devlin decision making is so good he does make it look more simple than it is

play or not to play is a funny thing and sometimes coaches blow it - Dave Whathisname at Pitt started Palko over Flacco .... Joe Pa is paying the price with his just average QB now that he let Devlin slip away, even in Flacco's rookie year in Baltimore it took 2 injuries to get him some playing time, he has sure made the best of it...

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2010, 05:48 AM
Yeah, it's pretty funny how the majority of the FCS teams are in the East but the one that got the raw deal isn't. Aww, I'm sure that's just a co-incidence. xwhistlex

if you beat Nova you will earn some respect

Catsfan2
December 1st, 2010, 12:33 PM
I've seen both Devlin and Flacco play at Delaware and Flacco in Baltimore. They seem to read the same way --even Flacco in the NFL reads the same 1, 2, check-down. But it seems to me me Flacco's arm is a lot better than Devlin's, and he throws a more catchable ball than Devlin.

charliej
December 1st, 2010, 01:52 PM
TV,streams for the game.

http://www.villanova.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/113010aaa.html

CW philly 57,MASN,ESPN Gameplan & ESPN3

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 04:04 PM
Wasn't there a New Hampshire at McNeese State game a year or so ago where UNH came down and dismantled McNeese? I am hoping for the opposite of that, and SF Austin puts a whipping on the Kitties. Go Jacks.

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 04:05 PM

Yet he threw for 305 on Villanova and +400 last year on them.

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2010, 06:21 PM
I've seen both Devlin and Flacco play at Delaware and Flacco in Baltimore. They seem to read the same way --even Flacco in the NFL reads the same 1, 2, check-down. But it seems to me me Flacco's arm is a lot better than Devlin's, and he throws a more catchable ball than Devlin.

not many have the arm of Joe Flacco, as far as catchable ball.... while at Delaware I heard some say he just threw the ball to dang hard, but he did have better receivers than Devlin has now...Devlin throws a very catchable ball but the Delaware receivers drop alot of em.... I think it's on the receivers and not Devlin

heath
December 1st, 2010, 06:37 PM
I agree. Maybe we don't deserve the respect, maybe we do, but being in the Top 5 (#2 in the coaches) and not getting a seed, then getting the defending national champs for the first game, only to be paired with #1 App State is a little ridiculous. We'll have to prove ourselves.

They saw the flop in the 2nd round last year.The word overrated comes to mind.You have to EARN respect

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 07:07 PM
Pretty crazy to see all of the Villanova fans in one spot. I just need to find the other 4.

VUCats02
December 1st, 2010, 07:13 PM
Pretty crazy to see all of the Villanova fans in one spot. I just need to find the other 4.

If my team lost to another team 5 years in a row, I'd only be able to pick on that team's fans as well. Thank god it hasn't come to that for me and my fellow Villanovans :-)

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 07:24 PM
I guess you forgot when Delaware beat Villanova 6 times in a row. Or Delaware beating them 3 years in a row. It has gone both ways in the series.

I would really worry if Villanova was playing that powerhouse Rhode Island again this weekend.

VUCats02
December 1st, 2010, 07:30 PM
I guess you forgot when Delaware beat Villanova 6 times in a row. Or Delaware beating them 3 years in a row. It has gone both ways in the series.

I would really worry if Villanova was playing that powerhouse Rhode Island again this weekend.

And now that we're beyond the bashing of the fan base, let's go way back into the past while also bringing up other teams that beat Nova (cause my team hasn't in so long) to continue my successful trash talking. Glad it hasn't come down to this, either, for Nova fans :-)

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 07:57 PM
Besides the one great year last year, what has Villanova ever done in football? Beating Delaware 5 years in a row shouldn't be the pinnacle.

Odds are likely that my team will be playing on December 11th, will yours?

VUCats02
December 1st, 2010, 08:11 PM
Besides the one great year last year, what has Villanova ever done in football? Beating Delaware 5 years in a row shouldn't be the pinnacle.

Odds are likely that my team will be playing on December 11th, will yours?

Well if you are going to go by odds, then the answer to your question is yes, Nova is favored to win by 8.5 points. I see this being a very difficult game, however, because SFA matches up very well against us.

charliej
December 1st, 2010, 09:57 PM
I can pi$$ 10 feet.xcoolx

YoUDeeMan
December 1st, 2010, 10:59 PM
Devlin couldn't have gotten much better than when he played against Nova. I think I counted a total of two passes he misfired on. Nova saw the Devlin at his best and still got the W. He's a great QB, but I'm not sure if he will make a good pro or not, and I don't know if he's better than Moses or not, however, he had a nearly perfect game against us but your WR's dropped many passes and were simply awful.

You saw a good Devlin, but he can be better. Keeler and the coaches will open things up a bit in the playoffs...just a bit. He throws a nice long ball. xnodx

Without the KO return, nova doesn't win that game. UD outplayed nova for 3 quarters...and will do that for 4 if they met again. I'm hoping we see you in the finals. Good luck! xnodx

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 11:01 PM
People don't understand that regular season Delaware football is much different than playoff Delaware football.

charliej
December 1st, 2010, 11:02 PM
You saw a good Devlin, but he can be better. Keeler and the coaches will open things up a bit in the playoffs...just a bit. He throws a nice long ball. xnodx

Without the KO return, nova doesn't win that game. UD outplayed nova for 3 quarters...and will do that for 4 if they met again. I'm hoping we see you in the finals. Good luck! xnodx Luck to you too, I wouldn't mind a rematch in the NC game.

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 11:03 PM
If you get there you'll earn it with beating SFA and App State.

Anovafan
December 2nd, 2010, 08:57 AM
Delaware fans are the best, the best.

cowboy91
December 2nd, 2010, 09:44 AM
Delaware didn't outplay Villanova on Saturday. Villanova earned the win and the playoff berth on Saturday. You're not really "outplaying" a team when you never led in the game.

NovaHater
December 2nd, 2010, 10:02 AM
Delaware didn't outplay Villanova on Saturday. Villanova earned the win and the playoff berth on Saturday. You're not really "outplaying" a team when you never led in the game.

Why don't you go play in your own thread
You UD fans are something else
This is Nova vs SFA, has nothing to do with Flacco, Devlin, what happened 15 years ago
Get lost and quit trying to make excuses for why you've lost 5 in row to Nova

Get lost :p 15710[

cowboy91
December 2nd, 2010, 10:10 AM
This is Nova vs SFA, has nothing to do with Flacco, Devlin, what happened 15 years ago

Get lost :p

Can you explain to me how somehow that post is insulting towards Villanova when I give them credit for winning the game and saying that Delaware did not outplay them?

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2010, 03:28 PM

yea. this thread already sounds like an echo chamber with the 2 SFA Fans and the 3 Nova fans :p

Lehigh Football Nation
December 2nd, 2010, 03:42 PM
I'm betting the attendance at the Tub will be 3x the attendance in Nacogdoches, Texas this weekend.

VUCats02
December 2nd, 2010, 03:46 PM
I'm betting the attendance at the Tub will be 3x the attendance in Nacogdoches, Texas this weekend.

So you're saying there will somehow be 45K attending your game?

heath
December 2nd, 2010, 07:04 PM
People don't understand that regular season Delaware football is much different than playoff Delaware football.

Thanks cowboy,I totally forgot its much colder in December,Make sure you wear the gloves and hat.

cowboy91
December 2nd, 2010, 07:26 PM
Thanks cowboy,I totally forgot its much colder in December,Make sure you wear the gloves and hat.

Well being at JMU you haven't played any December football in a while. Too soon? Just jokes.

JohnStOnge
December 2nd, 2010, 08:20 PM
Still very little national love for the Lumberjacks on a national stage, but I guess that is to be expected when you are playing the champs.

I think there is a lot of reason to be excited about this game, for both teams. Nova, of course, is beginning a title defense while SFA is seeking to prove that they are a legitamite (sp?) NC contender. I think a win over the defending champs would suffice as proper credentials as a possible contender, yes?

The CAA has been a much stronger conference. Also, SFA's big claim to fame nationally was the win at Northern Iowa. That win lost some of its shine over the season including the loss by UNI to Lehigh last week. It was still a good win but it clearly wasn't over a really elilte FCS team. And it was close win associated with very good fortune on SFA's part as UNI fumbled the ball away several times in the red zone.

I'm among those who think SFA beating Villanova is unlikely. If it does happen that'll be impressive. But I don't think it'll make most FCS fans look at SFA as a likely national title contender. Villanova won the national title last year but this year the Wildcats tied for 3rd in the CAA with a 5-3 record and 7-4 overall. Last year Villanova entered the playoffs at the 10-1 CAA champion. Not the same team. As sad as it is, a third place team from the CAA can be expected to be better than the Southland champs in most years but they don't appear to be as good as they were last year.

If SFA gets past Villanova and Appalachian State beats Western Illinois then SFA wins at Appalachian State then I think people will start to wonder if SFA has a shot. If both Western Illinois and SFA win then SFA beats Western Illinois it might not be as impressive. But SFA will still be in the semifinals so obviously they'll be noticed.

I think SFA getting to the seminfals is a very long shot, though, given that they're having to take on a solid CAA team then probably go to Appalachian State if they get by that.

JohnStOnge
December 2nd, 2010, 08:41 PM
There's really no way to compare these teams pre-game besides looking at Montana last year - and that has its flaws for obvious reasons. They didn't play any common opponents or even conferences. Not sure how anyone could accurately put a prediction together, unless they've actually seen both teams -- which is probably unlikely.

Nova has some quality D-backs but is suseptible to the big play down field. From the sounds of it that might be an issue against SFA.

I have not seen Villanova this year. I just know they come from a very tough conference. I've seen SFA and think that they look decent they do not look like a team likely to make a deep playoff run. Also I think their non conference win over Northern Iowa but it's become clear that Northern Iowa was a decent but not outstanding team. Looks to me like it was one of the Panthers' weaker playoff teams. Also I think it was a game Northern Iowa should've won. Didn't see it but I do know UNI lost two fumbles inside the SFA 20 in the 4th quarter before losing by 2 points. I think I read they lost another fumble inside the SFA 20 earlier in the game as well.

I just don't think SFA will hold up well against a really good physical team. Though I haven't seen Villanova this year I know they were very physical last year. My expectation is that they are physical this year too. What I expect is that they will get good pass rush pressure. And I expect them to be able to run the ball on SFA's defense.

We'll see though. That's the thing about the FCS system. What people think doesn't matter. Only what actually happens does.

cowboy91
December 2nd, 2010, 09:22 PM
If you believed some fans around here you would think that conference SOS was irrelevant.

LehighFan11
December 2nd, 2010, 11:10 PM
What is Szczur's status? He appeared in the UD game but didn't make his normal impact. How many plays can we expect to see him have?

NovaWildcat
December 3rd, 2010, 08:17 AM
Szczur will be playing. Full capacity unknown, but he will be suited and playing.

Keep UD topics out of this thread please. No problem with UD posters since they know us well, but come on let's be civil here.

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2010, 08:33 AM
UD had not been mentioned for a a page or two, so who is talking Delaware? You are

Lehigh Football Nation
December 3rd, 2010, 09:10 AM
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/colleges/20101203_Szczur_healthy_for_Villanova_s_postseason _run.html

Senior Matt Szczur, who played minor league baseball in the summer after being drafted by the Cubs in the fifth round, suffered a high left-ankle sprain on the first snap against Penn on Sept. 25. He re-aggravated the injury several weeks later. So he didn't play again until the Nov. 20 finale at No. 1 Delaware, which the Wildcats had to win just to get in the playoffs. And he only played in the first half, carrying three times for 24 yards.

"Even though I didn't play much, I felt like I did so much," Szczur said. "Just because I was in pads."

"I didn't want to be selfish [against Delaware]," Szczur said. "I wasn't 100 percent. So somebody else could be out there who would give us a better chance. This week, with the extra rest, it shouldn't be a problem. I can't wait. It was a big deal just for me to run through a normal practice. That fired me up.

"Of course, I think we can make a run. We just won at one of the hardest places to play. If everyone stays healthy, I don't see why we couldn't. The only reason is if we beat ourselves. I actually kind of like being away, being the underdog. We know how to go away and win. It's a new season. The records don't matter anymore. Everyone's starting out the same."

Looks like Szczur is back.

TheRevSFA
December 3rd, 2010, 09:50 AM
I have not seen Villanova this year. I just know they come from a very tough conference. I've seen SFA and think that they look decent they do not look like a team likely to make a deep playoff run. Also I think their non conference win over Northern Iowa but it's become clear that Northern Iowa was a decent but not outstanding team. Looks to me like it was one of the Panthers' weaker playoff teams. Also I think it was a game Northern Iowa should've won. Didn't see it but I do know UNI lost two fumbles inside the SFA 20 in the 4th quarter before losing by 2 points. I think I read they lost another fumble inside the SFA 20 earlier in the game as well.

I just don't think SFA will hold up well against a really good physical team. Though I haven't seen Villanova this year I know they were very physical last year. My expectation is that they are physical this year too. What I expect is that they will get good pass rush pressure. And I expect them to be able to run the ball on SFA's defense.

We'll see though. That's the thing about the FCS system. What people think doesn't matter. Only what actually happens does.

But the question regarding Nova is can they stop the pass? I know they have a great run D, but Pass D is just average.

TheRevSFA
December 3rd, 2010, 09:52 AM

So the Tub can hold near 40k?

NovaWildcat
December 3rd, 2010, 10:46 AM
But the question regarding Nova is can they stop the pass? I know they have a great run D, but Pass D is just average.

Exactly. More specifically, it's the pass rush. Secondary players are good enough for Nova - just get awfully exposed out there some times. Our run D is so great because we have phenomenal LB's.

Huge key is Maldanato, our top CB who was knocked out vs UDel w/ a concussion. Any word?

How is SFA's D? Obviously we're going to need to score a lot to win...which we're entirely capable of doing.

charliej
December 3rd, 2010, 11:27 AM
Pass D is my main concern. SFA is more one dimesional then anyone we've faced all year,not sure how coaches will prepare our guys , or how they'll respond.

If we can control the game/clock & keep Moses off the field,( I feel we can), and avoid giving up too many big plays,I like our chances.

'Nova has to be more productive in the red zone however....FG's this year have been inconsistent at best.

As far as I know, Maldonado is a go.

Bossanova
December 3rd, 2010, 12:19 PM
Maldonado is definitely a go. White and, most importantly, Szczur are good to go also.

VUCats02
December 3rd, 2010, 12:29 PM
Looks like this team is finally getting healthy!!! So glad to hear that Szczur will be close to 100%. This could be a scary team in the playoffs. I know the question still is can Nova's D stop SFA's passing attack, but with Szczur and White healthy, we have a much better chance to win in a shootout - even if our D can't stop your O.

cowboy91
December 3rd, 2010, 02:35 PM
Maldonado is definitely a go. White and, most importantly, Szczur are good to go also.

Glad he's okay. Thought he broke his neck for a while.

YoUDeeMan
December 3rd, 2010, 03:05 PM

NovaHater's gonna' hate. xsmhx

Geez, you are a fan of the defending national champions..act like you've been there before.

Wait, you haven't been there before. xlolx

cowboy91
December 3rd, 2010, 03:59 PM
I read somewhere that Wells for Villanova is out with a spleen?

NovaHater
December 3rd, 2010, 04:59 PM
NovaHater's gonna' hate. xsmhx

Geez, you are a fan of the defending national champions..act like you've been there before.
Wait, you haven't been there before. xlolx

Nice response coming from a Blue Hen, aren't you the guy that had as an avatar the Northern Iowa QB , the one picturing him after the loss to UD in '07

Yeah you guys don't like it when it comes back around to you do you. You think it's alright for you clowns to do but when someone else does it you can't take it.

Talk about having been there before, welcome back to the playoffs.

Always wondered, what do Blue Hens fans do after football season ends xlolxxlolx

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Maybe I'll change my avatar to my favorite picture 15713

cowboy91
December 3rd, 2010, 05:20 PM
I was going to post a picture in response about Villanova football but sadly none of the 8 people that go to the games posts any photos online.

I wonder if anyone will write a book about how much our program sucks. Or if we'll lose to Rhode Island next year.

There is always the infamous Shane Clark website.

VUCats02
December 3rd, 2010, 05:32 PM
cowboy91 - that joke is very old. We can easily hit you right back with the same joke talking about basketball. The difference is for basketball - not only do you get no fans, but you also don't win. I'd rather have my team be successful in both sports with fans only going to one of them than be successful in one sport with fans only going to one of them. If you wanna insult Nova why don't you come up with something creative?

cowboy91
December 3rd, 2010, 05:45 PM
As with most Villanova and Delaware debates only one side cares apparently.

TheRevSFA
December 3rd, 2010, 09:46 PM
Pass D is my main concern. SFA is more one dimesional then anyone we've faced all year,not sure how coaches will prepare our guys , or how they'll respond.

If we can control the game/clock & keep Moses off the field,( I feel we can), and avoid giving up too many big plays,I like our chances.

'Nova has to be more productive in the red zone however....FG's this year have been inconsistent at best.

As far as I know, Maldonado is a go.

As opposed to running the ball..SFA does screen passes and passes to the flats..effectiively our running game. I doubt you see us do much inside the tackles.

SFA's got a good front 7...I'm waiting to see which secondary shows up. I'm hoping it's the group that actually can stop a pass attack..as opposed to the group who can't cover statues.

Anovafan
December 3rd, 2010, 10:12 PM
Thanks for the recs guys. We hit up mikes BBQ and butcher boys today and man were they tasty. You just can't get that kind of food up north. Also met some very nice jacks fans that invited us to the alley for tailgating. They also thanked us for taking care of Montana last year. xlolx. Everyone from sfa has been nothing but class. Looking forward to a good game tomorrow.

VUCats02
December 3rd, 2010, 10:14 PM
As opposed to running the ball..SFA does screen passes and passes to the flats..effectiively our running game. I doubt you see us do much inside the tackles.

SFA's got a good front 7...I'm waiting to see which secondary shows up. I'm hoping it's the group that actually can stop a pass attack..as opposed to the group who can't cover statues.

I don't understand how screen passes and quick passes are equivalent to a running game. I'm not saying that you are literally saying they are directly equivalent, but I have read on some forums SFA fans saying, "well our quick passes are our running game."

They are completely different. You can't keep doing quick passes to establish play action plays. The defense has to stop quick passes in a complete different way than stopping the run. They aren't equivalent at all

VUCats02
December 4th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Nova's defense has already shown they won't be able to stop Moses. 7-0 Jacks. Gonna be a long day.

Wildcat80
December 4th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Next week UNH to beat Udel.....will be the only CAA team left standing!!

VUCats02
December 4th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Nova comes back with a long time consuming drive and puts up 7. PAT hit the upright but still went through. Our field goal kicker is ATROCIOUS!

VUCats02
December 4th, 2010, 03:04 PM
And once again, Nova can't stop Moses. 14-7 Jacks. Moses is 11-12.

McNeese75
December 4th, 2010, 03:11 PM
It's a horse race and the Nova D horse is already tired. Cats better regroup in a hurry (see SFA vs Lamar earlier this year)

VUCats02
December 4th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Nova's defense is just not made to play against an offense like this. The odds of us winning this game now are VERY slim. SFA is gonna put up over 60 points.

lionsrking2
December 4th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Nova looks slow.

McNeese75
December 4th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Big break for Nova with the fumble by SFA.

UNHFan
December 4th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Wow # 6 SFA Blew it!!!!

VUCats02
December 4th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Thank god for that muffed punt. Nova hangs around. Now 2 for 2 on 4th downs. Score a TD on 4th and 7 from the 10.

Wildcat80
December 4th, 2010, 03:35 PM
SFA...nice looking stadium. need new turf?? Beat nova...PLLEASSEE!!!!!

dwtime
December 4th, 2010, 03:38 PM
Why did Nova go for it on 4th and 7. Do they not have a kicker?

dwtime
December 4th, 2010, 03:39 PM
Nice breakup

VUCats02
December 4th, 2010, 03:39 PM
SFA converts on 4th down making them 2 for 2 on 4th down as well, but the nova D FINALLY holds SFA to 3. 24-14.

dwtime
December 4th, 2010, 03:40 PM
favorable spot

VUCats02
December 4th, 2010, 03:41 PM
It was, but we'll take it. A SFA field goal is a HUGE win for this defense. If Nova can cut this deficit to one possession before the half, it will be a huge plus.

VUCats02
December 4th, 2010, 03:50 PM
SFA now gets a key stop and holds Nova to 3. 24-17. We cannot give up any more points before the half. Let's step it up D!

McNeese75
December 4th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Big Pick by Nova

Dblue
December 4th, 2010, 03:59 PM
Where online?

EDIT: Not on NCAA

Never mind, found it onhttp://fcsfootball.yolasite.com

VUCats02
December 4th, 2010, 03:59 PM
FAKE FIELD GOAL TD! I warned everyone for the trick plays!!

UNHFan
December 4th, 2010, 04:00 PM
What great call and execution !!!! Go CATS!!

lionsrking2
December 4th, 2010, 04:00 PM
Inexcusable...should never fall for a fake in that situation...nice call by Nova.

McNeese75
December 4th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Where online?

EDIT: Not on NCAA

Never mind, found it onhttp://fcsfootball.yolasite.com

ESPN3 online as well

McNeese75
December 4th, 2010, 04:05 PM
SFA seems to be getting very generous and Nova is going to take advantage of it.

charliej
December 4th, 2010, 04:08 PM
No need to panic 31-24 'Nova!

0:33 left in half

VUCats02
December 4th, 2010, 04:08 PM
Wow. I cannot believe the sudden change of events. TD Nova. 31-24.

soccerguy315
December 4th, 2010, 04:09 PM
defense? what's that???? lol

lionsrking2
December 4th, 2010, 04:09 PM
SFA pissing it away.

dwtime
December 4th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Wow SFA is falling apart

VUCats02
December 4th, 2010, 04:10 PM
NOVA RECOVERS THE KICKOFF!!!

charliej
December 4th, 2010, 04:13 PM
score here would be HUGE for Nova

UNHFan
December 4th, 2010, 04:14 PM
FG!!! Wow this is great! CAA CAA CAA!! 34 -24 WOW!!!!

charliej
December 4th, 2010, 04:15 PM
FG good...'Nova up by 10 at the half 34-24xnodx

VUCats02
December 4th, 2010, 04:15 PM
34-24. Looks like Nova has finally found a field goal kicker. Yako not kicking FGs anymore.

I still do not feel very comfortable as long as the team in purple has this Moses guy. You can be guaranteed that SFA will get some momentum in the 2nd half.

UNHFan
December 4th, 2010, 04:17 PM
34-24. Looks like Nova has finally found a field goal kicker. Yako not kicking FGs anymore.

I still do not feel very comfortable as long as the team in purple has this Moses guy. You can be guaranteed that SFA will get some momentum in the 2nd half.

I agree he is an animal!

Aho_Old_Guy
December 4th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Nova had them all the way.

FG good...'Nova up by 10 at the half 34-24xnodx

Seldom do you see 'Nova' and 'FG good' in the same sentence.

charliej
December 4th, 2010, 04:18 PM

Agreed...Andy needs to try an onside kick to start second halfxlolx

T-Dog
December 4th, 2010, 04:22 PM
Can't wait to face the winner next Friday night. Both defenses don't look that strong.

VUCats02
December 4th, 2010, 04:26 PM
T-dog, Nova's defense is top-tier at stopping the run. Problem is SFA doesn't run. This is the worst possible matchup for our defense.

rcny46
December 4th, 2010, 04:35 PM
FG!!! Wow this is great! CAA CAA CAA!! 34 -24 WOW!!!!

What is all this conference loyalty stuff? We can't stand one another during the regular seaon.Must be me.

UNHFan
December 4th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Feel the love baby! YEAH!!! PICKED OFF!!!

charliej
December 4th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Kirkland with the int.....looks like we pick up where we left off :)

VUCats02
December 4th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Picked off!!! After SFA was driving with ease kirkland makes a big play.

VUCats02
December 4th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Szczur looks very healthy in this game.

T-Dog
December 4th, 2010, 04:43 PM
SFA doesn't look like the most disciplined of teams.

VUCats02
December 4th, 2010, 04:46 PM
SFA just got a much needed defensive stop. Hold your breath. Moses is getting the ball back.

T-Dog
December 4th, 2010, 04:48 PM
ESPN just said Villanova was the last team in and Montana was the first team out of the playoffs.....yeah.

VUCats02
December 4th, 2010, 04:52 PM
They said that Nova was one of the "Last 4" teams in. Not necessarily the last.

dwtime
December 4th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Andy Talley with a few choice expletives

UNHFan
December 4th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Matt looks like Holy Cross's Gordie Lockbaum Jr Yr 5 the Heismen Sr Yr 3rd in Voting.. we wont ever see that again but he really does remind me of Gordie

charliej
December 4th, 2010, 04:59 PM
Nova had them all the way.

Seldom do you see 'Nova' and 'FG good' in the same sentence.

Twice in the same game! 37-24 'Nova!

VUCats02
December 4th, 2010, 05:00 PM
37-24 Nova. I feel like that defensive stop is gonna give SFA some momentum. Questionable illegal formation penalty on first and goal.

VUCats02
December 4th, 2010, 05:00 PM
Twice in the same game! 37-24 'Nova!

Actually 3 times.

dwtime
December 4th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Wow bad play calling there

VUCats02
December 4th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Wow. They ran shotgun on 4th and 1 on the 1????????? Very questionable play calling.

dwtime
December 4th, 2010, 05:09 PM
If 35 for Nova had any kind of speed burst he was gone there, still a decent run

UNHFan
December 4th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Wow!! Super Man or Super Matt!! What something out of nothing

McNeese75
December 4th, 2010, 05:13 PM
This one is over. SFA is getting schooled from the sideline.

VUCats02
December 4th, 2010, 05:14 PM
This one is over. SFA is getting schooled from the sideline.

This one is FAR from over.

Nebuta
December 4th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Go Cats!! Defend that NC title!!!

VUCats02
December 4th, 2010, 05:18 PM
All hail Szczur!!!!!!!!!

charliej
December 4th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Party Time!xsmileyclapx

dwtime
December 4th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Pretty pass, nice play.

dwtime
December 4th, 2010, 05:24 PM
I was about to say I bet SFA is gonna throw a pick here....

T-Dog
This isn't making the Southland defenses out to be very good.

Nebuta
INT Nova!! The hay is in the barn. The dream match up is set. Good luck next week against App St.

VUCats02
Moses with 3 interceptions today. He threw 4 all season.

Wildcat80
December 4th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Okay.....App State your turn.....Beat Nova!!!

T-Dog
December 4th, 2010, 05:27 PM
This will be fun.

VUCats02
December 4th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Another turnover. 6 turnovers for SFA. That's 16 turnovers in their last 2 playoff games.

Nebuta
December 4th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Nova needs to save some of these turnovers for the App St game :p

soccerguy315
December 4th, 2010, 05:41 PM
SFA blew up... they played well for a quarter.

Whitney looks injured. Not smart... why is he still in the game?

edit: looks ok, hopefully for nova

VUCats02
Ugh. Whitney is down. Why is he running the ball right now anyways?

Nebuta
Why is Whitney in this game again? Geez... Time to get the 2nd string in. Thanks.

dwtime
Whitney really conked his head there

Wildcat80
December 4th, 2010, 05:42 PM
hope talley got whitney a concussion......smart.

VUCats02
December 4th, 2010, 05:43 PM
I think he just got shaken up. He had a smile on the sideline. Still - one too many hits for him. No reason for him to be in right now.

UNHFan
December 4th, 2010, 05:44 PM
Showing my age... this game reminds me of Notre Dame USC 1973 (Laughing)

Nebuta
December 4th, 2010, 05:45 PM
Wow. 54-24. Go Wildcats!

Nebuta
December 4th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Wow. 54-24. Go Wildcats! Handled your business.

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Moses has thrown only 4 pics this year against 34 tds. Last year he tossed 40 Tds with 21 pics. He is a senior this year and making better decisions. Nothing says he won't have a bad day this Saturday but if a cocky Nova team shows up expecting another repeat of Montana last year they might get embarrassed because if SFA gets on a roll, they can run it up fast.

nice season SFA, You guys wont miss Boone at all

rumple
December 4th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Same old Moses against good competition.

McNeese72
December 4th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Only one conclusion to make from this. The Southland Conference sucks!! And I'll keep saying it until one of our teams makes a serious run in the playoffs.

Doc

Old Cat Fan
December 4th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Showing my age... this game reminds me of Notre Dame USC 1973 (Laughing)

probally watched it myself, back in the day when you had 1 college game broadcast on Sat. xnodx

Good job Nova, Go get them Rebels next week :D

El Gato
December 4th, 2010, 07:41 PM
I said called it two months ago.

The SLC was going to be a one bid league and the team that went would most likely be SFA and they would get eliminated in the first round. After watching them on SLCTV against SHSU and listening to that game against us, I didn't think that Moses was all he was hyped up to be (good yes, but not Peyton good) and I figured that SFA would get whipped once they came up against a CAA team. Point proven.

BlueHenSinfonian
December 4th, 2010, 07:50 PM
I had some down time at work earlier, so I was able to see the first few drives of the game. SFA seemed to be able to score at will, and I was surprised how good they looked. When I stopped watching I figured 'Nova was going to get blown out and I was worried about us facing SFA later on.

Then, I got home and checked the scores.... what the hell happened? Did SFA blow their load in the first quarter? I've never seen a team go from so completely dominant to getting blown out so quickly before. Congrats to 'Nova, hope we see you in Frisco.

Anovafan
December 5th, 2010, 11:27 PM
Thanks to everyone at SFA for being a great host, the coaches, the fans, and the folks at the Fredonia, it was a very nice place to visit. SFA has a great team and a great little town. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit, the weather and the hospitality. Best of luck next year, coach Harper is a first class guy.

caribbeanhen
December 6th, 2010, 05:52 AM
Nova should win big

xnodx

TheRevSFA
December 6th, 2010, 07:49 AM
Thanks to everyone at SFA for being a great host, the coaches, the fans, and the folks at the Fredonia, it was a very nice place to visit. SFA has a great team and a great little town. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit, the weather and the hospitality. Best of luck next year, coach Harper is a first class guy.

How many Nova fans were at the Fredonia? I drove into town and stayed there in the Cabana. Saw some Nova fans checking out Sunday. Thanks for making the trip down.

TheRevSFA
December 6th, 2010, 07:54 AM
Thanks for the recs guys. We hit up mikes BBQ and butcher boys today and man were they tasty. You just can't get that kind of food up north. Also met some very nice jacks fans that invited us to the alley for tailgating. They also thanked us for taking care of Montana last year. xlolx. Everyone from sfa has been nothing but class. Looking forward to a good game tomorrow.

You can't go wrong with Butcher Boys. Ever.

Kramden
December 6th, 2010, 08:18 AM
I watched the game on TV. SFA is a real entertaining team and seems to have a class program. Looks like you just let the game get away from you with turnovers, but for a while, you were moving the ball at will. I'm sure we'll see you again in the playoffs in the future. Congratulations on a great season.

UCABEARS75
December 6th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Only one conclusion to make from this. The Southland Conference sucks!! And I'll keep saying it until one of our teams makes a serious run in the playoffs.

Doc

Well said Doc.

After the game I texted my brother and reminded when what I said in mid-season "we (UCA) are a so so team in a so so conference".

TheRevSFA
December 6th, 2010, 09:19 AM
I watched the game on TV. SFA is a real entertaining team and seems to have a class program. Looks like you just let the game get away from you with turnovers, but for a while, you were moving the ball at will. I'm sure we'll see you again in the playoffs in the future. Congratulations on a great season.

Thanks. Good luck vs Appy State. I plan on watching that one.

Anovafan
December 6th, 2010, 10:12 AM
How many Nova fans were at the Fredonia? I drove into town and stayed there in the Cabana. Saw some Nova fans checking out Sunday. Thanks for making the trip down.

The entire team stayed at the Fredonia, along with about 50-60 fans. Not many of us, but SFA gave us great seats right behind the away bench at the 50 yard line, I was shocked they were so good.

PhillyApp1
December 6th, 2010, 11:06 AM
The entire team stayed at the Fredonia, along with about 50-60 fans. Not many of us, but SFA gave us great seats right behind the away bench at the 50 yard line, I was shocked they were so good.

Are you coming to Boone???
You can Fly to Raliegh on Friday, southwest or USair, 3.5 hour drive up the mountain.
or, fly to Charlotte and 2 hour drive to the mountain.

or 10 drive. Take Pa turnpike on friday, then 78/81 south to 77 south to 421 west to Boone.

I hope to see many of the Philly/Nova fans at THE ROCK..

TheRevSFA
December 6th, 2010, 12:43 PM

I was sitting behind you guys..on the south side of the 50 yard line. Great seats. They put you guys where Purple Haze sits..not that it makes a difference as that is a joke of a student section. I have never heard a student section be so bad..and I used to run the Hecklers for Basketball (after Purple Out left)....amateurs.

Glad you made it in and out. We would have loved for you guys to come by the tailgate. I saw your tailgate and was surprised at how many were there.

Thanks for enjoying Nac.

Anovafan
December 6th, 2010, 01:44 PM
You can Fly to Raliegh on Friday, southwest or USair, 3.5 hour drive up the mountain.

or 10 drive. Take Pa turnpike on friday, then 78/81 south to 77 south to 421 west to Boone.

Yup, I am on the team charter on Friday. Looking forward to seeing the rock in person.

Anovafan
December 6th, 2010, 01:49 PM
I was sitting behind you guys..on the south side of the 50 yard line. Great seats. They put you guys where Purple Haze sits..not that it makes a difference as that is a joke of a student section. I have never heard a student section be so bad..and I used to run the Hecklers for Basketball (after Purple Out left)....amateurs.

Glad you made it in and out. We would have loved for you guys to come by the tailgate. I saw your tailgate and was surprised at how many were there.

Thanks for enjoying Nac.

Now take this with a grain of salt since we don't have big crowds at Nova, but I thought between the student section and the band, it made for a decent home field advantage. With the band blaring, I could barely hear anything on the sideline.

DG Cowboy
December 6th, 2010, 03:45 PM

Doc

In the last ten seasons, the SLC has had McNeese in 2002 get to the finals and Texas State in 2005 or 2006 make the semis. Maybe Sam slipped into the semis one year also.That's sad.

TexasTerror
December 6th, 2010, 04:50 PM
In the last ten seasons, the SLC has had McNeese in 2002 get to the finals and Texas State in 2005 or 2006 make the semis. Maybe Sam slipped into the semis one year also.That's sad.

SHSU went to the quarterfinals in 2001 and semifinals in 2004.

Texas State-San Marcos rode the back of Manny M's recruits to the semifinals in 2005.

McNeese made the finals in 2002.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2010, 08:22 PM

My last trip between Boone and Philly lasted 8 1/2 hours by car. Most of Interstate 81 is 70 MPH now.

caribbeanhen
February 11th, 2023, 02:59 PM
Nova should win big

good times in the CAA

have always supported the basketball school in the playoffs and if they held their end of the deal would of been Delaware Nova final

katss07
February 11th, 2023, 07:00 PM
This thread is still younger than SFA’s most recent playoff victory

Daytripper
February 11th, 2023, 08:32 PM
good times in the CAA

have always supported the basketball school in the playoffs and if they held their end of the deal would of been Delaware Nova final

How deep did you have to dig to resurrect this thread?