PDA

View Full Version : Colgate Finally Announces an Offensive Coordinator

colgate13
February 17th, 2006, 02:55 PM
But it's really no surprise. Dan Hunt (http://athletics.colgate.edu/Football/release.asp?id=4694) gets the nod. Hunt has been with Colgate since pre-Biddle and is a really good guy. Most recently he was the QB coach. I think he'll do great things for Colgate's offense.

http://athletics.colgate.edu/Football/images/Dan%20Hunt.JPG

We also announced a new defensive line coach, Ryan Knowles, who comes to Colgate from Idaho.

Hunt seemed like the sure thing when Foley left for UConn, but we never announced it. Sources also tell me that the players were told it was Hunt long ago... Not sure why the SID has taken this long to announce it! xidiotx

LBPop
February 18th, 2006, 11:38 AM
Glad to hear that's out of the way. Any clue on his offensive philosophy? I would recommend the following play sequence:

1. Jordan left
2. Jordan right
3. Just to keep the 'D' off balance...Jordan up the middle.

Whad'ya think? :p

chrebet87
February 18th, 2006, 02:52 PM
good to hear. Do you know when the Spring Game is?

Fordham
February 18th, 2006, 07:34 PM
Congrats, gate.

Btw, I met our new o coordinator, Ed Argast, this past Thursday. He spoke well of the alums and staff from his Colgate days. I'm wondering whether or not I should hold that against him?

Signed,

Baffled in the Bronx

FL connection
February 19th, 2006, 10:15 AM
Met Coach Hunt when Colgate recruited my son and seems like a great guy............Congrats to Colgate and Coach Hunt!!!!!

DC 'gater
February 19th, 2006, 10:22 AM
Congrats, gate.

Btw, I met our new o coordinator, Ed Argast, this past Thursday. He spoke well of the alums and staff from his Colgate days. I'm wondering whether or not I should hold that against him?

Signed,

Baffled in the Bronx

Coach A. was my position coach for most of my Colgate career. Ed is a great guy and a great coach. If you ever get a chance to eat his wife's cooking, do not pass it up. He will be a tremendous asset to the Fordham community, and I guarantee the players will run through walls for him.

Fordham
February 19th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Thanks DC.

We really couldn't be more psyched to have him here. He was a pleasure to meet and I haven't heard anything from anyone that doesn't speak in the most glowing terms about him. Plus, in short order he spearheaded our recruiting efforts, which yielded nice results in a very short amount of time. We're all excited to see what he and the rest of the group can produce both on the field and with next year's class, since they'll have a full year to work on it.

colgate13
February 20th, 2006, 07:23 AM
Ed could have just as easily been the head guy at Colgate instead of Biddle back when Sweeney was fired. He's well respected and an all around great guy. I don't think you can go wrong with him.

I don't expect any major changes to the Colgate offense under Hunt. It will be a lot of Jordan Scott with some passing when needed. Hunt recruits Florida a ton and if you've noticed Colgate rosters from the past 4 years or so, he's been doing an awesome job at it!