November 23rd, 2010, 10:13 AM
2010 All-Patriot League Football Team
Offensive Player of the Year: Nate Eachus, Colgate, Jr., RB
Defensive Player of the Year: Zach Smith, Colgate, Sr., DE
Rookie of the Year: Brandon Wesley, Bucknell, Fr., QB
Coach of the Year: Andy Coen, Lehigh

First-Team*
Offense Defense
Pos. Name, School Yr. Pos. Name, School Yr.
QB Chris Lum, Lehigh Jr. DL Josh Eden, Bucknell Jr.
QB Greg Sullivan, Colgate Sr. DL Andrew Schaetzke, Georgetown Jr.
RB Jay Campbell, Lehigh Sr. DL Zach Smith, Colgate Sr.
RB Nate Eachus, Colgate Jr. DL Lamont Sonds, Colgate Sr.
FB/HB Gigi Cadet, Colgate Sr. LB Chris DiMassa, Colgate Sr.
WR Mark Layton, Lafayette Sr. LB Mike Groome, Lehigh Jr.
WR Doug Rosnick, Colgate Sr. LB Sean Lamkin, Holy Cross Sr.
WR Ryan Spadola, Lehigh So. LB Ricky Otis, Holy Cross Jr.
TE Alex Schneider, Holy Cross Jr. LB Al Pierce, Lehigh Sr.
OL Ricky Clerge, Lehigh Sr. DB Jarard Cribbs, Lehigh Sr.
OL James Germano, Colgate Sr. DB Brandon Ellis, Lafayette Jr.
OL Mike McCabe, Holy Cross Sr. DB Chandler Fenner, Holy Cross Jr.
OL Vittorio Ottanelli, Colgate Jr. DB Jayah Kaisamba, Georgetown Jr.
OL Will Rackley, Lehigh Sr. P Don Lemieux, Holy Cross Sr.
RS John Kennedy, Lehigh Sr.
PK Davis Rodriguez, Lafayette Sr.

Second-Team
Offense Defense
Pos. Name, School Yr. Pos. Name, School Yr.
FB/HB Pat Creahan, Lafayette Fr. DL Robert De La Rosa, Bucknell Jr.
FB/HB Travis Friend, Bucknell Fr. DL Ben Flizack, Lehigh Sr.
WR Jake Drwal, Lehigh Jr. DL Andrew Knapp, Lehigh Jr.
WR Bill Edger, Holy Cross Sr. DL Doug Gerowski, Lafayette Sr.
WR Freddie Santana, Holy Cross Sr. DL Mude Ohimor, Holy Cross Sr.
TE Kevin Doty, Lafayette Jr. LB Nick Parrish, Georgetown Sr.
OL Scott Biel, Lafayette Jr. LB Tanner Rivas, Lehigh Jr.
OL Anthony Buffolino, Lafayette Jr. LB Michael Schmidlein, Lafayette Sr.
OL James Liebler, Lehigh Jr. DB Anthony DiMichele, Holy Cross Sr.
RS Freddie Santana, Holy Cross Sr. DB Casey Eldemire, Lehigh Sr.
PK Rob Dornfried, Holy Cross Sr. DB John Kennedy, Lehigh Sr.
DB Jeremy Moore, Georgetown So.
DB John Veniero, Lehigh Sr.
P Alex Smith, Lehigh Jr.

* - Due to ties in the voting, there is an additional QB and LB on the All-Patriot League first team
# - Due to ties in the voting, there is an additional FB/HB, DL and DB on the All-Patriot League second team

http://www.patriotleague.org/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/112310aad.html

jimbo65
November 23rd, 2010, 10:20 AM
Bogus results as Fordham was ineligible since we gave schollies. I guess I could understand not including those who came in with a scholly this year but why exclude those who completed two, three or four years this season.

Seeing an action such as this, it is time we left the PL regardless of the vote re. schollies. We are simply not a match with these schools.

LehighGuy
November 23rd, 2010, 10:26 AM
CONGRATS ANDY!

CFBfan
November 23rd, 2010, 10:28 AM
Bogus results as Fordham was ineligible since we gave schollies. I guess I could understand not including those who came in with a scholly this year but why exclude those who completed two, three or four years this season.

Seeing an action such as this, it is time we left the PL regardless of the vote re. schollies. We are simply not a match with these schools.

i understand your arguement, you could also argue that scholly players made it "easier" for the non scholly players...for example, if a non scholly d lineman had 2 scholly guys next to him his day might be a little easier perhaps and thus better stats, perhaps.

Bogus Megapardus
November 23rd, 2010, 10:39 AM
A paucity of Pards present, perhaps.

Go...gate
November 23rd, 2010, 11:07 AM

I agree that Fordham should not have been excluded. You should have been counted in the conference results.

Go...gate
November 23rd, 2010, 11:08 AM

I can't help getting the feeling sometimes that the PL is really just trying to push Fordham out the door, and it really troubles me. It's akin to cutting off one's nose to spite the face.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 23rd, 2010, 11:17 AM
This was part of the agreement that allowed Fordham to be a "part" of the PL this year - the teams's games against PL teams would not count for the conference title, and their kids would not be eligible for weekly or postseason awards.

Hopefully next year this won't be the case.

DFW HOYA
November 23rd, 2010, 12:05 PM
Breakdown by school:
Lehigh: 18
Holy Cross: 12
Colgate: 9
Lafayette: 9
----------------
Georgetown: 4
Bucknell: 3

A 2-9 Lafayette gets nine on the list? Same old voters...

van
November 23rd, 2010, 12:11 PM
Lafayette has many great players, they were held back this year by Tavani, Bogus and Carney.

RichH2
November 23rd, 2010, 12:26 PM
Nice group all told, surprised not a few more Hoyas

Bogus Megapardus
November 23rd, 2010, 12:27 PM
Lafayette has many great players, they were held back this year by Tavani, Bogus and Carney.

What?!!?!? How can you possibly blame Tavani and Carney?

jimbo65
November 23rd, 2010, 12:32 PM
This was part of the agreement that allowed Fordham to be a "part" of the PL this year - the teams's games against PL teams would not count for the conference title, and their kids would not be eligible for weekly or postseason awards.

Hopefully next year this won't be the case.

Agreed that it was part of the deal. That said, to me it is narrow minded and trivial. As another poster wrote, seems they are going out of their way to push Fordham out. At best, the present arrangenent is a bad marriage where the parties stay together for $s, the kids etc. Eventually it fails and they go their separate ways. I do not think it is the athletic types in the PL that want us out but rather their brethren in academia & administration. Strictly conjecture but that's what I think.

Now to be fair, we bailed on the PL but stayed for fball, apparently to the advantage of both parties. We now have another "demand", however, many of us believe the change in AI was directed at FU. This arrangement should be ended. I suspect when either party is in shape to move on, PL with another member or two, FU with a league, the parting will be swift and tearless.

Personally, I've enjoyed the PL fball & attended many games over the years.

DFW HOYA
November 23rd, 2010, 12:34 PM
Nice group all told, surprised not a few more Hoyas

Not surprised. Georgetown is still held in low regard by the PL voters (as seen by the minimum votes in the annual pre-season poll). And who would doubt the voters will pick 2-9 Lafayette ahead of them in next August's poll?

In ten years, only five players have ever been named to the first team. I'm sure even Towson did better than that.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 23rd, 2010, 12:47 PM
Not surprised. Georgetown is still held in low regard by the PL voters (as seen by the minimum votes in the annual pre-season poll). And who would doubt the voters will pick 2-9 Lafayette ahead of them in next August's poll?

In ten years, only five players have ever been named to the first team. I'm sure even Towson did better than that.

How many PL wins does GTown have in the last 10 years?
Towson has been gone years and i remember three game changing players they had, QB Lee RB Corles and DE Hollingsworth. You really have no clue.

I love how you honestly believe the PL has it out for the Hoya footbll program. IMO you can't help those that refuse to help themselves.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 23rd, 2010, 01:02 PM

Towson has been gone years and i remember three game changing players they had, QB Lee RB Corles and DE Hollingsworth. You really have no clue.

I love how you honestly believe the PL has it out for the Hoya footbll program. IMO you can't help those that refuse to help themselves.

I though Schaetzke had a real shot to win defensive POY, and I think next season he will be a very strong candidate for preseason defensive POY, along with LB Mike Groome.

DFW HOYA
November 23rd, 2010, 01:16 PM

Not at all. The wounds to the football program are as much self-incficted as anyone, but these awards reward teams by their place in the standings and less on individual talent--and as such, ignored a number of qualified players over the years with no recognition at all--when Georgetown can have a 1,000 yard rusher in 2004 that didn't even make the second team, that ought to say something.

No, the PL doesn't not have it in for the Hoyas (or the Rams), but there exists among some PL programs a air of paternalism that looks at the mess that is the MSF and sees Georgetown losing in recruiting battles (the kind of data we as fans don't see), then it tends to discount individual accomplishments from those that are there.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 23rd, 2010, 01:20 PM
DFW without looking it up Sarin was your running back that did have a 1000 yards. Was he more deserving than defending Payton winner Branch or Thompson from Lehigh or McCourt from Lafayette?

DFW HOYA
November 23rd, 2010, 01:38 PM
DFW without looking it up Sarin was your running back that did have a 1000 yards. Was he more deserving than defending Payton winner Branch or Thompson from Lehigh or McCourt from Lafayette?

Sarin was 4th in the PL in rushing (11 games, 1,051 yards) behind Branch, Wilson, and McCourt, so a 2nd team was appropriate--he had a higher per yard carry average, but far fewer TD's in a pass-heavy offense, and the second team honor went to Eric Rath of Lehigh instead (12 games, 993 yards).

That same season, LB Mehdi Hassan was fourth in tackles in the league and didn't make it either.