PDA

View Full Version : espn gameplan

Rekdiver
November 23rd, 2010, 08:18 AM
I would bet that Gameplan will have most if not all the Playoff games on. The cost right now is about $75 for the remaining part of the season. Worth a look. i got it to watch App play Florida (that part was a waste of $) but I enjoyed seeing other games.

McNeese72
November 23rd, 2010, 08:31 AM
Looking at the NCAA interactive bracket, it looks like all of the first round games and some of the second round games (the ones not on the ESPN/ESPN3) will be streamed on the NCAA website as in the past.
Doc

LehighGuy
November 23rd, 2010, 08:38 AM
Looking at the NCAA interactive bracket, it looks like all of the first round games and some of the second round games (the ones not on the ESPN/ESPN3) will be streamed on the NCAA website as in the past.
Doc

Have you had decent luck with the quality and reliability of the stream in the past?

UNI Pike
November 23rd, 2010, 11:20 AM
The stream put out by CBS & NCAA for the MBB tourney is fantastic. I don't know if it is the same platform - if it is, no worries. Otherwise they may piggyback off the schools' in place streaming solution. In that case YMMV. Western Illinois' stream last week against UNI looked like to was made with a betamax camcorder was on a tripod in front 13" Sylvania on rabbit ears.

LehighGuy
November 23rd, 2010, 11:33 AM
I just got this response from NCAA concerning the UNI/LU game:

"Thank you for your inquiry. We have to defer to the individual schools for the content and the products that will be available. The subscription will give you access to any events that the school decides to stream, audio or video. This sometimes does not include content that is already licensed to be broadcast on television. We post the upcoming events as we are notified, but you will have to check with your school for the complete schedule. Not seeing a game for this weekend on either site.However there are future games for lehigh on http://www.patriotleague.org/allaccess/ you will need a patriot league subcription."

This makes it sound like it NOT going to be on.....

UNI Pike
November 23rd, 2010, 11:42 AM
The UNI stream is ok. It has one camera up on high, with no replays, just straight stream. Audio is the a simulcast of the radio broadcast. Our play by play guy is a homer, and gets really excited at times. Just know that going in.

The UNI broadcast page currently shows an audio only option for the UNI - Lehigh game. May be waiting on the ESPN decisions.

ST_Lawson
November 23rd, 2010, 11:43 AM
...Western Illinois' stream last week against UNI looked like to was made with a betamax camcorder was on a tripod in front 13" Sylvania on rabbit ears.

What, you don't like our high tech setup? Don't ya know that Betamax is better than VHS? xlolx

LehighGuy
November 23rd, 2010, 11:45 AM
Yea....audio only for Lehigh so far too. This is annoying because its not like I'm trying to plan a trip to the mall here, its halfway across the damn country.

UNI Pike
November 23rd, 2010, 11:50 AM
What, you don't like our high tech setup? Don't ya know that Betamax is better than VHS? xlolx

I haven't seen a picture that bad since the 1970's.

And yes, betamax had a better picture than VHS. However, if you would have tried to record the game on a BetaMax, you would have had to switch tapes at halftime.