PDA

View Full Version : Strange Year

URMite
November 22nd, 2010, 12:34 PM
If I'm not mistaken only 7 of the 16 teams from last year made the field and at least 3 (probably 4) 7-4 teams would have been in as at-large without expansion. (plus 1 AQ)

GSUhooligan
November 22nd, 2010, 01:19 PM
No Montana, UMASS, JMU, McNeese St, EKU. Definitely a weird year.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 22nd, 2010, 01:33 PM
Even stranger when you consider JMU's win over VT and UMass went toe to toe in a shoot out with Michigan...

Montana not in - end of an era, and I'm sure a new one will begin in no time.

Personally, I am rooting for W&M, though GSU will run all over them if they beat SCSU. Really, really WIDE OPEN this year. Should be even stranger when all is said and done.

Oh and no NC in Chattanooga... STRANGE!!!

SpeedkingATL
November 22nd, 2010, 01:38 PM
In most years there are 2 or 3 favorites that stand out. This year there are probably 6-8 teams that actually have a shot at the Championship and at least one of them is 7-4 entering the playoffs. Part of me hates seeing JMU and Montana out but I expect both will be back next year. Strange year indeed.

Anovafan
November 22nd, 2010, 01:41 PM
I agree. I don't think there is a true top team this year and everyone lost a game or two. A lot of teams in the playoffs have a good shot at winning it all. I was just saying on Sunday thankfully the playoffs expanded or Nova would be home this year, but really, they would have gotten in at 7-4 with a 16-team field as well. Very strange indeed.

[edit: Speedking, did you just read my brain as I was typing??? Strange indeed, indeed].

srgrizizen
November 22nd, 2010, 02:32 PM
Thanks to those who think Montana will be back soon. But at least MSU and Eastern Washington, if not Weber State and Cal Poly as well, probably feel their programs have reached parity or surpassed the Griz well into the future, or, in the case of MSU, at least as long as Darius McGhee is still playing. It will be interesting to see if the BSC has improved overall to the point where more and more different teams make the playoffs. I hope EW and MSU do well to boost conference credibility.