PDA

View Full Version : Western Illinois @ Coastal Carolina

leatherneck177
November 22nd, 2010, 10:57 AM
Should make for an interesting game. I'm not sure either fanbase is sure what to expect. If you look at it, from a SOS point or strength of conference point, you would think Western would cruise on this one, but I'm not sure about that.

So, with that being said, what do fans of Liberty, Stony Brook, etc think about CCU? How is their defense, offense, special teams? What does Western need to do to beat them?

I'd say that Western has proven their offense is great, however if you can control the ball and get a few defensive stops, Western can be beat. Reference the Southern Illinois and Missouri State games. The Western run defense can be very porous at times, yet the passing defense is pretty solid.

bodoyle
November 22nd, 2010, 11:13 AM
177: I think a big key is the matchup of Norman for CCU against your WR, Senatus. Norman shut down the #5 WR in the nation on Liberty 2 weeks ago. He had one meaningless 80yd td at the end of the game when they were down 21.

If we can run the ball and ZMac stays on fire like he has been for the past 3 weeks, it could be an old-fashioned shoot out.