PDA

View Full Version : FCS Playoff Television Coverage

ejjones
November 21st, 2010, 12:23 PM
Are they not playing ANY games on ESPN (networks) until December 17th? That's 3 consecutive weeks w/o any major TV coverage. xbawlingx Is that accurate?

Does anyone else know of internet streaming available for the upcoming games in round 1?

CropDuster
November 21st, 2010, 12:43 PM
They will all be on streamed on the NCAA website I think.

ATX_EWUGrad
November 21st, 2010, 12:44 PM
Some of the games should be streamed on America One network via their internet coverage. A lot of the schools stream all their games there. I know for sure EWU and MSU are both affiliates.

R.A.
November 21st, 2010, 12:57 PM
ESPN... what are you guy doing??? What the heck is ESPNU for???

ejjones
November 21st, 2010, 03:38 PM
A few second round games scheduled for espn3.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5834876

phoenixphanatic21
November 21st, 2010, 03:46 PM
ESPN... what are you guy doing??? What the heck is ESPNU for???

Didn't you know? Playoffs are bad. No one wants to see that. They all just want to see bowl games and have a computer decide who plays for the championship.

Cincy App
November 21st, 2010, 03:50 PM
The NCAA bracket posted on the College Sporting News site says the following:

All four first round games will be broadcast on www.NCAA.com.

One QF will be 12/10 on ESPN2 HD/ESPN3.com; one QF will be 12/11 on ESPN HD/ESPN3.com; the other two QFs will be broadcast on ESPN Syndication/GamePlan/ESPN3.com.

Four of eight second round games will be broadcast on ESPN Syndication/GamePlan/ESPN3.com. The four games not selected by ESPN Syndication/GamePlan/ESPN3.com will be broadcast on www.NCAA.com.

Thus, 2 quarterfinal games will be on ESPN or ESPN2 and the other 2 on ESPN Gameplan. Four of the second round games will be on ESPN Gameplan. Not too bad overall.

ejjones
November 21st, 2010, 04:10 PM
The NCAA bracket posted on the College Sporting News site says the following:

All four first round games will be broadcast on www.NCAA.com.

One QF will be 12/10 on ESPN2 HD/ESPN3.com; one QF will be 12/11 on ESPN HD/ESPN3.com; the other two QFs will be broadcast on ESPN Syndication/GamePlan/ESPN3.com.

Four of eight second round games will be broadcast on ESPN Syndication/GamePlan/ESPN3.com. The four games not selected by ESPN Syndication/GamePlan/ESPN3.com will be broadcast on www.NCAA.com.

Thus, 2 quarterfinal games will be on ESPN or ESPN2 and the other 2 on ESPN Gameplan. Four of the second round games will be on ESPN Gameplan. Not too bad overall.

thanks for the post...this is better news than what was initially thought. Has anyone viewed the NCAA.com broadcast before? Is the quality pretty good, announcers?

kcatz
November 21st, 2010, 04:19 PM
MSU game will be on ESPN just got a text from a player's parent.

JSU02
November 21st, 2010, 04:27 PM
thanks for the post...this is better news than what was initially thought. Has anyone viewed the NCAA.com broadcast before? Is the quality pretty good, announcers?

I watched it a year and a half ago when JSU's softball team upset Tennessee to win the regional in Knoxville. It wasn't that great, but it was better than nothing.

Saint3333
November 21st, 2010, 05:40 PM
I believe this is fewer televised games in the past. It used to be one first round game (Thanksgiving weekend) of ESPNU, two quarterfinal games on the U, both semifinal games on ESPN and ESPN2, and the final on ESPN2.

Note that there are FBS games televised this weekend and only conference championship games the next week. This year the Quarters and Semis will not be competing against FBS games so what not put them all on TV?

RichH2
November 21st, 2010, 05:47 PM
I'vs watched some wrestling , bball and softball on it. Not great but as JSU02 noted better than nothing

Cincy App
November 21st, 2010, 05:58 PM
I believe this is fewer televised games in the past. It used to be one first round game (Thanksgiving weekend) of ESPNU, two quarterfinal games on the U, both semifinal games on ESPN and ESPN2, and the final on ESPN2.

Note that there are FBS games televised this weekend and only conference championship games the next week. This year the Quarters and Semis will not be competing against FBS games so what not put them all on TV?

This year, it's 5 games on ESPN channels and 6 games on ESPN GamePlan. One less ESPN network game but 2 more GamePlan contests. Not too bad overall - especially if the ncaa.com broadcasts are decent. Teams like ASU, Nova, SFA, MSU, Jax St, and Wofford who play on GamePlan in their second round opener would be on TV throughout as long as they advance.

Nebuta
November 21st, 2010, 06:27 PM
They will all be on streamed on the NCAA website I think. Really?? thats pretty awesome.

UNH Fanboi
November 21st, 2010, 06:31 PM
It's possible that ESPN will pickup more games depending on scheduling and if they like the matchup.

semoredhawk
November 21st, 2010, 08:16 PM
I always liked the first round games on ESPN/2 on that Friday/Saturday after Thanksgiving. However, I can see with the 20 team format, its not as viable for those first round games.

DSUrocks07
November 21st, 2010, 08:46 PM
Really?? thats pretty awesome.

i actually agree, because I don't believe that they did that in previous years. NCAA trying to get that ad money in-house lol

TheBisonator
November 21st, 2010, 10:13 PM
MSU game will be on ESPN just got a text from a player's parent.

Oh MAN, if we beat RMU that'll be sweeeeeeet!!!!!!!

PrinterEagle
November 21st, 2010, 11:40 PM
Tivo listed a first round game on ESPNU, but ESPN website says UNC-Duke is airing then.

gasoutherneagle
November 22nd, 2010, 12:47 AM
Are they not playing ANY games on ESPN (networks) until December 17th? That's 3 consecutive weeks w/o any major TV coverage. xbawlingx Is that accurate?

Does anyone else know of internet streaming available for the upcoming games in round 1?

If you're looking for the game this weekend at Paulson, it'll probably be streaming at http://www.georgiasoutherneagles.com

appfan2008
November 22nd, 2010, 07:00 AM
just go to a game a weekend in person and solve all your problems...