PDA

View Full Version : South Carolina State vs. Georgia Southern Game Thread

Pages : [1] 2

WestCoastAggie
November 21st, 2010, 10:36 AM
This seems to be the best 1st round game.

Will Buddy finally get over the hump or will Georgia Southern hand the Bulldogs a 3rd straight playoff loss?

Thoughts?

Kramden
November 21st, 2010, 10:37 AM
Something in my gut says SC State pulls this one off.

GaSouthern
November 21st, 2010, 10:38 AM
I fully expect this to be a nail biter, I'm interested in if SCSU will bring their band or not?!?

WestCoastAggie
November 21st, 2010, 10:40 AM
Ga Southern's Stats:
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/teams/ggh/stats

SC State's Stats:
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/teams/ssj/stats

WestCoastAggie
November 21st, 2010, 10:41 AM
I am not sure about that SC State will bring their band.

CharlotteApp
November 21st, 2010, 10:50 AM
If the do, GSU fans are in for a treat. They brought the band to Boone and it was a great show. SCSU has a great fan base.

WileECoyote06
November 21st, 2010, 12:07 PM
I'm not sure about best first round game. I think the Lehigh-UNI matchup will be a nail-biter as well.

ejjones
November 21st, 2010, 12:16 PM
If the do, GSU fans are in for a treat. They brought the band to Boone and it was a great show. SCSU has a great fan base.

Band is always a treat...info should be out soon on whether they will be traveling or not as this is typically Thanksgiving break & kids want to go home. The proximity does prove beneficial as it isn't cheap getting that many band members anywhere. "Get up for the bulldogs...everybody get up"

ejjones
November 21st, 2010, 12:19 PM
This seems to be the best 1st round game.

Will Buddy finally get over the hump or will Georgia Southern hand the Bulldogs a 3rd straight playoff loss?

Thoughts?

I guess we will see; our last year's team had a better offense and stronger secondary (two db's currently on NFL rosters). This year's team IMO has better overall defense. Offense maybe improving at right time. If we limit our offensive mistakes and don't put our defense in bad situations, it should make for a good game.

inpsite1919
November 21st, 2010, 12:32 PM
I fully expect this to be a nail biter, I'm interested in if SCSU will bring their band or not?!?

I spoke with one of the members this morning. He told me that they were told yesterday that they would report back on Friday for practice if the team was selected. So yes the band will be in attendance.

inpsite1919
November 21st, 2010, 12:34 PM
I agree the offense is coming together, every since the BCU game. I just hope Malcom doesnt eat the whole turkey. My only concern is I hope our defense plays sound and not be to aggressive. Our only two losses were against option based offenses.

inpsite1919
November 21st, 2010, 12:40 PM
Has the kickoff time been decided yet?

Skjellyfetti
November 21st, 2010, 12:46 PM
I'm picking SCSU for the upset in this one. Their defense is really good and should be able to really shut down the triple option. It will be a real low scoring game, but I think South Carolina State scores enough to win.

Only reason I'm hesitant about picking them is the fact that Statesboro will be real fired up to be back in the playoffs and the crowd should be rocking. Will they pack Paulson Thanksgiving weekend though?

Baldy
November 21st, 2010, 12:47 PM
Has the kickoff time been decided yet?

2PM

inpsite1919
November 21st, 2010, 01:12 PM
Thanks Baldy. I think this game is going to be sold out quick.

inpsite1919
November 21st, 2010, 01:13 PM
It does feel good not having to climb a mountain this year. xnodx

DSUrocks07
November 21st, 2010, 01:17 PM
It does feel good not having to climb a mountain this year. xnodx

You could end up playing "THEM" in the title game...just sayin ;)

inpsite1919
November 21st, 2010, 01:20 PM
If that was the case we still wouldn't have to go to their place. I just want the MEAC to have a strong showing. I hope BCU offense rests up as well.

Baldy
November 21st, 2010, 01:29 PM
Thanks Baldy. I think this game is going to be sold out quick.

We will keep selling tickets as long as people show up.

We have plenty of room. xthumbsupx

gsu1moretime
November 21st, 2010, 01:33 PM
Georgia southern had more people at Furman than furman did. It will be packed out.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 21st, 2010, 01:50 PM
Georgia southern had more people at Furman than furman did. It will be packed out.

Do the students get into playoff games for free?

Baldy
November 21st, 2010, 02:02 PM
Do the students get into playoff games for free?

$5 with their ID.

inpsite1919
November 21st, 2010, 02:10 PM
How much are GSU Tickets?

Baldy
November 21st, 2010, 02:43 PM
How much are GSU Tickets?

$25

Keenan
November 21st, 2010, 03:16 PM
Georgia Southern UNDERRATED whole season
SC State OVERRATED whole season

SC St 24
Georgia Southern 47
FINAL

inpsite1919
November 21st, 2010, 03:25 PM
Georgia Southern UNDERRATED whole season
SC State OVERRATED whole season

SC St 24
Georgia Southern 47
FINAL

Everyone is entitled to their own views and thoughts. Let me try SCSU VS GSU will be decided on Saturday,
Liberty's next game will be next season. Thanks for the love. Looking forward to meeting some GSU Fans

Ivytalk
November 21st, 2010, 07:51 PM
Georgia Southern by 7.

GoGSU
November 21st, 2010, 08:22 PM
I will only say this....GSU is on a mission and they are hungry...SCSU has to play better than I watched against Morgan State or they are in for a shock come the
3rd quarter.....

Blueandwhitefightfight
November 21st, 2010, 10:58 PM
From my understanding, SC State is legit. Just because they haven't played anyone this season does not take away from their abilities.

I'm very much looking forward to hosting them Saturday, especially the famed S.C. State band.

Thoughts on the Eagles: We have only gotten better as the season has progressed. I never thought after the first half of the season I'd be sitting here talking about the playoffs. I thought it we made it to .500 it would be a successful year. Our defense is among the best in the country, we held App. St. scoreless for the last 3 quarters (and OT) of the game. We held Navy to 13 (better than Notre Dame or anyone else they played this year!). Offensively, we have really come together and clicked. The triple option looks like the triple option. Jaybo Shaw (QB) was injured for a couple of games and quarters this year. He is our offensive leader and it has shown to be key that he is healthy. He got up slow a few times at Furman.

It should be a great game. Two solid well balanced teams who play with heart. Good luck to both teams.

Travel info for the Bulldogs:

There are several excellent restaurants in Statesboro. I would highly recommend Vandy's bbq. It was a favorite of Erk Russell. Also, for something quick but delicious, Zaxby's was founded in Statesboro and offers great chicken. If you enjoy mexican cuisine, I suggest El Sombrero. There are a few locations and it's a local favorite. There are several hotels in the area if you need to stay overnight, but better hurry because they will fill up quickly. Savannah is 45 minutes away as well.

As far as parking goes, the tailgating lot at Paulson Stadium is for home fans only with a stadium parking pass. However, there are several lots in the Paulson Stadium vicinity and we have a public transportation system that offers free rides to and from the stadium. I recommend parking at the Recreation Activity Center (or R.A.C.). Here is a parking map: http://www.georgiasouthern.edu/map_old/parking.php

Blueandwhitefightfight
November 21st, 2010, 11:07 PM
*That map is a few years old but little has changed (a couple of new dorms and one road closed off to the public are new otherwise, that's up to date and all of the parking lots are the same). For an up to date map of the main campus (the RAC and Paulson Stadium aren't on this map as they are on the extreme far edge of campus (to the right of the map on this link for reference) go here: http://www.georgiasouthern.edu/map/

Big Dawg
November 22nd, 2010, 12:04 AM
SCSU defense is pretty strong and VERY fast...it's just their offense that has been a problem.

It should be an interesting game.

hippy@GSU
November 22nd, 2010, 12:07 AM
Also, have your players make their way down to Beautiful Eagle Creek to take a taste sample of the water. The effects will start kicking in by game time :D

inpsite1919
November 22nd, 2010, 07:06 AM
Also, have your players make their way down to Beautiful Eagle Creek to take a taste sample of the water. The effects will start kicking in by game time :D

Yeah I bet they WOULD LOL " A drainage ditch, swarmed by gnats and filled with stagnant, brownish water, cut across the area between the team’s lockerroom and the practice fields."

Brandmasta
November 22nd, 2010, 07:43 AM
What's the best way to get to Statesboro by air? Savannah maybe? Im thinking about flying in for the game...

gsueagle2424
November 22nd, 2010, 07:47 AM
Savannah would be the closest although usually a little more expensive. From Savannah grab I-95 South to I-16 W take exit 127 hang a right drive for about 15 miles and you will be in the promise land!

GCWaters
November 22nd, 2010, 10:07 AM
Savannah's the closest, and a lot more fun than flying into Atlanta....Jacksonville's about as close as Atlanta, if that helps the budget any....

mrklean
November 22nd, 2010, 10:13 AM
I will be in Savannah this weekend at the in-laws!!

Eaglesrus
November 22nd, 2010, 10:18 AM
Savannah's the closest, and a lot more fun than flying into Atlanta....Jacksonville's about as close as Atlanta, if that helps the budget any....

True, and the Jacksonville airport is a lot easier and quicker to navigate than Atlanta's. Any of these options, including Savannah, would require a rental car. We fly out of Jacksonville instead of Savannah a good bit because of less expensive fares.

OL FU
November 22nd, 2010, 02:00 PM
Yeah I bet they WOULD LOL " A drainage ditch, swarmed by gnats and filled with stagnant, brownish water, cut across the area between the team’s lockerroom and the practice fields."

I swear someone should call the EPA about that sewage drainage ditchxnodx

GaSouthern
November 22nd, 2010, 02:40 PM
I swear someone should call the EPA about that sewage drainage ditchxnodx

The last person that did that picked up the phone and all they heard was "seven days"

OL FU
November 22nd, 2010, 02:42 PM
The last person that did that picked up the phone and all they heard was "seven days"

Hey, I didn't say I was going to do it, just some onexsmiley_wix Preferably an App State fan. xlolx

brad_gsu2011
November 22nd, 2010, 03:30 PM
Does anyone know if this game is going to be aired on tv? If so what channel on dish network would it be on?

Eaglesrus
November 22nd, 2010, 03:33 PM
Does anyone know if this game is going to be aired on tv? If so what channel on dish network would it be on?

No TV is what I hear, but you're supposed to be able to watch it at www.ncaa.com.

proasu89
November 22nd, 2010, 03:34 PM
What's the best way to get to Statesboro by air? Savannah maybe? Im thinking about flying in for the game...

Helicopter.

gasoutherneagle
November 22nd, 2010, 03:53 PM
No TV is what I hear, but you're supposed to be able to watch it at www.ncaa.com.

or www.georgiasoutherneagles.com will stream it I'm sure... they do every home game.

gasoutherneagle
November 22nd, 2010, 03:55 PM

Somebody's been watching the Erk video... heh heh. xlolx

Brandmasta
November 22nd, 2010, 05:59 PM
Savannah it is! Plus they have some relatively inexpensive rental cars as well. Thanks all for all the good info!

Brandmasta
November 22nd, 2010, 06:01 PM
Helicopter.

No, that's the best way to get to Boone without hiking boots or snow shoes :)

Tribe07
November 22nd, 2010, 08:41 PM
or www.georgiasoutherneagles.com will stream it I'm sure... they do every home game.

For free? I want to scout the competition for next week. Looking forward to seeing some new teams in Willamsburg!

inpsite1919
November 22nd, 2010, 08:45 PM
Ok GSU Fans where is the anygivensaturday Tail Gate lol

proasu89
November 22nd, 2010, 08:48 PM
Much respect for both squads and here's to great game!

eaglewraith
November 22nd, 2010, 10:45 PM

Actually I doubt it since this is an NCAA production. It'll most likely only be available via the NCAA site.

mikebigg
November 23rd, 2010, 06:14 AM
I spoke with one of the members this morning. He told me that they were told yesterday that they would report back on Friday for practice if the team was selected. So yes the band will be in attendance.

Who pays for the band to travel? Does SC State or any visiting school make any money from these games or are they simply paid for their travel cost?

Also...

Did Georgia Southern win their conference? If not, why are they the home team for this matchup? If it's bid based, Did SC State bid on hosting the game? SC State Fans, why didn't yall bid or did you?

Tribe4SF
November 23rd, 2010, 06:28 AM
Who pays for the band to travel? Does SC State or any visiting school make any money from these games or are they simply paid for their travel cost?

Also...

Did Georgia Southern win their conference? If not, why are they the home team for this matchup? If it's bid based, Did SC State bid on hosting the game? SC State Fans, why didn't yall bid or did you?

Once the matchup is set, bids are looked at, and the other factors are considered. Not hard to believe that GSU would have submitted a higher bid, and would have more attractive facilities. SCSU has had the misfortune of being paired against schools with excellent facilities, big attendance, and high bids.

Eaglesrus
November 23rd, 2010, 08:20 AM
Ok GSU Fans where is the anygivensaturday Tail Gate lol

Check your messages.

Laserlips
November 23rd, 2010, 08:35 AM

FWIW:

Checking the "live events" schedule on EagleVision NO streaming video transmission of the GSU/SCSU is shown, only audio..

Jesse

GaSouthern
November 23rd, 2010, 08:46 AM
One of GSU's problems could be the lack of fan turnout, in the past first round games have had HORRIBLE attendance at GSU but with the current streak of not making the playoffs their seems to be a buzz in the air about GSU in Statesboro and I expect a pretty good turnout.

We have averaged over 19K at home this season but I fully expect this game to be under 15K.

If the 15K or so fans that show up can get Paulson rocking we should be able to squeak by SCSU.

GAD
November 23rd, 2010, 09:43 AM

Also...

SCSU probably can't bid anyway, remember the confederate flag issue in there state

GaSouthern
November 23rd, 2010, 09:45 AM
SCSU probably can't bid anyway, remember the confederate flag issue in there state

IIRC there has been NCAA playoff home games in the state since then.

I assume that SCSU would not match GSU's bid as few schools in the country outside of Montana, Del, App could.

WileECoyote06
November 23rd, 2010, 09:47 AM
Once the matchup is set, bids are looked at, and the other factors are considered. Not hard to believe that GSU would have submitted a higher bid, and would have more attractive facilities. SCSU has had the misfortune of being paired against schools with excellent facilities, big attendance, and high bids.

SCSU has all of the aforementioned except high bids. GSU probably bid 90K or higher for the game. I'm pretty sure if it had been SCSU paired with CCU they would have been hosting. Unfortunately, SCSU and GSU are the closest competitors in the playoffs besides Lehigh and Villanova.

GaSouthern
November 23rd, 2010, 09:49 AM
SCSU has all of the aforementioned except high bids. GSU probably bid 90K or higher for the game. I'm pretty sure if it had been SCSU paired with CCU they would have been hosting. Unfortunately, SCSU and GSU are the closest competitors in the playoffs besides Lehigh and Villanova.

I agree

WileECoyote06
November 23rd, 2010, 09:50 AM

Also...

The NCAA does not pay for the band to travel. The NCAA will pay for a 'football' traveling party. I think that is 120 people. But with this game, Statesboro is approximately 95 miles from Orangeburg. If GSU will allow the SCSU band to come, then they'll probably be making that short trip.

If I were an AD though, there is NO way I'm allowing the Marching 101 at my stadium. They are great, but I'm eliminating any advantage the other team may gain by having what amounts to a huge student section in my stadium.

GaSouthern
November 23rd, 2010, 09:53 AM
The NCAA does not pay for the band to travel. The NCAA will pay for a 'football' traveling party. I think that is 120 people. But with this game, Statesboro is approximately 95 miles from Orangeburg. If GSU will allow the SCSU band to come, then they'll probably be making that short trip.

Most GSU fans expect and want SCSU's Band to come. We love GSU's Southern Pride and hear great things about SCSU's, should be a good halftime show!

ncguitarplyr
November 23rd, 2010, 09:53 AM
I was at the App State/Ga Southern game

I was most impressed by Ga Southern's defense. Only Florida held us to less pts (and not by much: 14 in the Ga Southern game, 10 in the Florida game)

Their offense basically did enough against App State's really good run defense to not lose but that's about it.

I haven't seen S Carolina State play this year but my gut tells me Ga Southern wins the first round (then they run out of gas and lose pretty soon after)

SideLine Shooter
November 23rd, 2010, 10:49 AM

The way I find Statesboro is drive down I-20 till I smell it, turn left on Hwy 25 and drive till I step in it.

Just had to put that in. Great football atmosphere at Statesboro.

BoroNative
November 23rd, 2010, 11:13 AM
The way I find Statesboro is drive down I-20 till I smell it, turn left on Hwy 25 and drive till I step in it.

If it smells like goats, you know your near Boone, and your headed the wrong way. If it smells like 6 National Championships, you'll know your getting close to Statesboro. xlolx

ncguitarplyr
November 23rd, 2010, 12:00 PM
yeah that's another thing...I always thought "The Stink" was just a random nickname...NOPE it really does F-ing stink down there (on the way at least)

gasoutherneagle
November 23rd, 2010, 02:15 PM
One of GSU's problems could be the lack of fan turnout, in the past first round games have had HORRIBLE attendance at GSU but with the current streak of not making the playoffs their seems to be a buzz in the air about GSU in Statesboro and I expect a pretty good turnout.

We have averaged over 19K at home this season but I fully expect this game to be under 15K.

If the 15K or so fans that show up can get Paulson rocking we should be able to squeak by SCSU.

It always falls on Thanksgiving Weekend and the majority of students are from the Atlanta area 4hrs. away. Now... in this case, with the drought, could be a different story.

I love the smell of Statesboro on a Saturday morning. It smells like... victory.

Baldy
November 23rd, 2010, 03:12 PM
It always falls on Thanksgiving Weekend and the majority of students are from the Atlanta area 4hrs. away. Now... in this case, with the drought, could be a different story.

I love the smell of Statesboro on a Saturday morning. It smells like... victory.

I hope so, the phone lines have been jammed and people have been lining up outside the ticket office for 2 days now. xthumbsupx

DSUrocks07
November 23rd, 2010, 03:13 PM

I believe the ban is on "championship games" and bowl type games not the playoffs...but I may be mistaken.

Achilles Return
November 23rd, 2010, 03:14 PM
The majority of my tailgating group is going to be there. We're all students.

GSUhooligan
November 23rd, 2010, 03:21 PM
I believe the ban is on "championship games" and bowl type games not the playoffs...but I may be mistaken.

Well, Coastal is hosting WIU and last I checked, they're in South Carolina.

DSUrocks07
November 23rd, 2010, 03:24 PM
Well, Coastal is hosting WIU and last I checked, they're in South Carolina.

Welp.....there's your answer right there xlolx

ButlerGSU
November 23rd, 2010, 03:59 PM
Hope to see a lot of South Carolina State fans in the Boro on Saturday! Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

gasoutherneagle
November 23rd, 2010, 04:48 PM
Welp.....there's your answer right there xlolx

xlolxxlolxxlolx I gotta laugh at that one myself... that's freakin' funny!

Been awhile since this was news and I thought it was over, but it's an NAACP ban... for those who were wondering.

(Damn...and I thought I was the whitest white man... damn.)

SpeedkingATL
November 23rd, 2010, 05:02 PM
This will be a great football game. I expect GSU will pack the place and SCSU certainly traveled well to the Rock. You definately want the SCSU band there...they rock. Best of luck to both teams. SCSU has gotten tough draws in the playoffs but at least they get to travel to some of the best football atmospheres in FCS. Maybe a preview of a future SoCon match-up???

scsudawg2007
November 23rd, 2010, 09:02 PM
This will be a great football game. I expect GSU will pack the place and SCSU certainly traveled well to the Rock. You definately want the SCSU band there...they rock. Best of luck to both teams. SCSU has gotten tough draws in the playoffs but at least they get to travel to some of the best football atmospheres in FCS. Maybe a preview of a future SoCon match-up???

Oh we will be there in droves brother!!! you think alot of us came to the Rock?! Statesboro is only 90 miles from O'burg so we will be in the house!!!.The last time I was their it wasn't a pretty day for the MEAC.....we came to support BCU..SMH...GSU had a guy in the back field by the name if Adrian Peterson...I don't have to tell you how that turned out...lol...and I hope we have some matchups with some SoCon teams for crying out loud we are within 2 hours of 4 SoCon schools and we need to try an play them at least on a rotating basis..The Citadel(70 Miles), Georgia Southern(90 Miles), Wofford(110 Miles), Furman(130 Miles)...we need these teams on our schedule and throw Coastal Carolina in the equation too...I'm just glad we don't have to go back to Boone because my hands were shaking driving up that mountain with ice falling down it...jeeze..lol

Aho_Old_Guy
November 23rd, 2010, 09:37 PM
Here ya go, boys and girls

http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww165/Back_at_the_Ranch/Appalachian/scst-gsu_stats.jpg

AppStsGr8
November 23rd, 2010, 09:43 PM
It would be awesome to have SCSU playmore SoCon teams. The fans are great. The travel wouldn't be too bad to most of the schools. I'm looking forward to following the SCSU-GSU game Saturday. In the meantime, Happy Thanksgiving!

GunsAndGuitars
November 23rd, 2010, 09:46 PM
I could be quoted (from a verbal statement made a few months ago) that if SCSU ever got a Non-ASU @ ASU game, they would give somebody a bloody nose. Then they got the joys of having GSU on the schedule. I don't see a bloody nose, but this is certainly a game that either team can win.

GaSouthern
November 23rd, 2010, 10:04 PM
Nice stats, good thing games are not played on paper or ASU woulda blown us out and Navy would have hung 30 on us.

Skjellyfetti
November 23rd, 2010, 10:10 PM
And Samford wouldn't be 3-0 vs. y'all since joining the conference.

gasoutherneagle
November 24th, 2010, 03:28 AM

...and, Appy would be able to hold on to their winning streaks whenever they play Georgia Southern.

eaglewraith
November 24th, 2010, 06:32 AM

I seriously blame that on scheduling. Looking at how the team has played everytime vs Samford, we just come out and lay a huge egg. Samford hasn't really done anything spectacular, we just haven't played like we are supposed to. Everytime that game has been right before App...and I guess you can tell what we were looking ahead for.

eaglewraith
November 24th, 2010, 06:33 AM
Oh we will be there in droves brother!!! you think alot of us came to the Rock?! Statesboro is only 90 miles from O'burg so we will be in the house!!!.The last time I was their it wasn't a pretty day for the MEAC.....we came to support BCU..SMH...GSU had a guy in the back field by the name if Adrian Peterson...I don't have to tell you how that turned out...lol...and I hope we have some matchups with some SoCon teams for crying out loud we are within 2 hours of 4 SoCon schools and we need to try an play them at least on a rotating basis..The Citadel(70 Miles), Georgia Southern(90 Miles), Wofford(110 Miles), Furman(130 Miles)...we need these teams on our schedule and throw Coastal Carolina in the equation too...I'm just glad we don't have to go back to Boone because my hands were shaking driving up that mountain with ice falling down it...jeeze..lol

Enjoy the trip to Paulson.

However the last time we played Bethune, AP had already graduated. We had the slimmed down version of Jermaine Austin then. He bulked up later in his career but that year he was slim and fast. Even still, Bethune got shutout, final score was liek 30-0 or something like that I think.

SouthernMan
November 24th, 2010, 06:38 AM

I for one would like to see you guys in the SoCon....THE BATTLE FOR 301 SUPREMACY!!!

SideLine Shooter
November 24th, 2010, 07:53 AM
I seriously blame that on scheduling. Looking at how the team has played everytime vs Samford, we just come out and lay a huge egg. Samford hasn't really done anything spectacular, we just haven't played like we are supposed to. Everytime that game has been right before App...and I guess you can tell what we were looking ahead for.

You said it. For the last few years the App game has been your Super Bowl. Nothing else matters for the folks of Stink Creek.

scsudawg2007
November 24th, 2010, 08:00 AM
Enjoy the trip to Paulson.

However the last time we played Bethune, AP had already graduated. We had the slimmed down version of Jermaine Austin then. He bulked up later in his career but that year he was slim and fast. Even still, Bethune got shutout, final score was liek 30-0 or something like that I think.

Thanks for the correction well that guy Jermaine Austin sure looked alot like him running that ball jeeze he scorched Bethune pretty much all by himself and had us shaking our heads the whole way back up 301...

scsudawg2007
November 24th, 2010, 08:15 AM
I for one would like to see you guys in the SoCon....THE BATTLE FOR 301 SUPREMACY!!!

Bro you are saying something that I wish could happen it would cut down travel cost, build geographic rivals like GSU correct me if I am wrong but O'burg is closer to GSU than any other SoCon conference team is? And from what I understand is that back in the late 80's when we use to play you guys regularly it would be great home and home crowds..we were on the losing end of all those..lol..but it was great crowds..and one thing I would hope we take from GSU is how that football program built a whole community in Statesboro...the whole community embraces that program which led to the growth of the university and community, and our leaders at SCSU can do the same thing with our university in Orangeburg that GSU did for their university and Statesboro....

This is the reason that I tell everyone that if we can have continued success as a football program and get the community behind us as the community in Statesboro is behind GSU we can build Orangeburg up more than what it is it has the potential it's just we at SCSU have to tap into it. I respect what GSU has done with their university and community and I hope to continue to gain knowledge on this so I can impact try and impact my alma mater. This is why I made the choice last semester to pursue my Master's degree in Higher Education at GSU and am currently enrolled...yes I am a Bulldog and subsequently I am Eagle too...but it's all Dogs on saturday...lol Let's Go Bulldogs will be hitting 301 at 10:30 am..

eaglewraith
November 24th, 2010, 09:06 AM
You said it. For the last few years the App game has been your Super Bowl. Nothing else matters for the folks of Stink Creek.

Not necessarily. In 2007 we were still in the Socon championship race till the end of the season. So App hasn't been the only thing on our minds.

But yes, we do hate you.

Eaglesrus
November 24th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Yes, SC State is definitely closer to Statesboro than any SoCon school, with The Citadel being the closest of those. It's at least a 3.5 - 4 hours to all of the others, and closer to 6 to several. I think that the possibility of SC State becoming a SoCon member would have a lot of support amongst GSU fans. I remember going to Orangeburg for a game back in the 80s; there was a huge stream of cars on 301 and the stadium was pretty much packed. We made the mistake of thinking we'd just grab a hotel room after the late afternoon game. Ended up going to Columbia.

mikebigg
November 24th, 2010, 09:18 AM
These GaSouthern and SCState fans sound like were put together by EHarmony or something (lol). I'm sure this is gonna be a good game... And it might lead to future regular season matchups. That would be (IMO) good for both programs.

GaSouthern
November 24th, 2010, 09:51 AM
These GaSouthern and SCState fans sound like were put together by EHarmony or something (lol). I'm sure this is gonna be a good game... And it might lead to future regular season matchups. That would be (IMO) good for both programs.

I hope so!

beachtribe
November 24th, 2010, 10:05 AM
SC State will find out what it’s like not to play in the MEAC!

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 24th, 2010, 10:27 AM
W&M has no idea how bad a draw it was to get these two teams in their wildcard bracket.

Whoever wins gives W&M more of a handful than any of the other wild card winners give their first round opponent.

WestCoastAggie
November 24th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Actually if I am W&M, I am hoping that GSU & SCSU just beat each other up quite badly.

ASU_Fanatic
November 24th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Should be a great game, I'm pulling for SCSU but I also wouldn't mind GASO getting a win for the good ol' Socon. I'd rather SCSU win though.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 24th, 2010, 12:03 PM
I hope so!

Just wondering if you may have left a couple schools out when you put your signature together?xwhistlex

Aho_Old_Guy
November 24th, 2010, 12:54 PM
Just wondering if you may have left a couple schools out when you put your signature together?xwhistlex

That wouldn't serve the greatness that is The Stink.

It also wouldn't look good with ...

http://www.logoserver.com/college/GeorgiaSouthernEagles2.GIF
5-10 at The Rock xeyebrowx

xsmileyclapx xhurrayx xsmileyclapx xhurrayx xsmileyclapx

GaSouthern
November 24th, 2010, 04:01 PM

Yeah, South Carolina State is 0-3 at GSU :D

;)

Hopefully I can add SCSU 4-0 this sunday.

Tribe4SF
November 24th, 2010, 04:17 PM
W&M has no idea how bad a draw it was to get these two teams in their wildcard bracket.

Whoever wins gives W&M more of a handful than any of the other wild card winners give their first round opponent.

I guess you think we're stupid. It's the card we were dealt...I guess we'll just have to play it.

parr90
November 24th, 2010, 05:25 PM

I think its the other way around until you pass us by on the # of championships, then maybe you will be our superbowl.

TypicalTribe
November 24th, 2010, 05:37 PM

I think we're all very aware of the way the bracket shaped up. Anyone who's followed FCS knows what GSU brings to the table both in terms of history and style of play. As for SCSU, I'm not as worried about this team as the squads from the last couple of years but know that they're still dangerous. Hope the two teams play a very physical battle and are a little worn out by the time the winner pulls into Williamsburg.

One thing's for sure, though, the Tribe will not be intimidated by a physical defense, since they've seen plenty of them in the CAA and UNC was as big, strong and fast as anything GSU or SCSU could throw out there. Tribe will be plenty ready on 12/4.

SideLine Shooter
November 24th, 2010, 05:44 PM
I think its the other way around until you pass us by on the # of championships, then maybe you will be our superbowl.

I sure did strike a nerve here since you have been so good lately.

Mr. C
November 24th, 2010, 05:58 PM

If I were an AD though, there is NO way I'm allowing the Marching 101 at my stadium. They are great, but I'm eliminating any advantage the other team may gain by having what amounts to a huge student section in my stadium.

And since when would an AD be allowed to keep an opposing team's band out of a stadium? I seriously doubt that something like that would fly with the NCAA. Visiting bands travel all of the time to various places.

heath
November 24th, 2010, 06:52 PM
And since when would an AD be allowed to keep an opposing team's band out of a stadium? I seriously doubt that something like that would fly with the NCAA. Visiting bands travel all of the time to various places.
Maybe the band would take 101 of the allotted tickets for SCSU,just hope an 'Uncle Ray' or 'Grandma Pace' don't get left out.

Baldy
November 24th, 2010, 07:16 PM

I hope the 101 does make the trip, I just hope that they don't play while our team is on offense like they did at GA Tech.

Baldy
November 24th, 2010, 07:20 PM
xlolx

No more than GSU being your "Super Bowl".
It's a rival game for sure, but Appy still has a long way to go before you get to that level. xnodx

ThompsonThe
November 24th, 2010, 07:58 PM
xlolx

No more than GSU being your "Super Bowl".
It's a rival game for sure, but Appy still has a long way to go before you get to that level. xnodx

What CENTURY was it that GaSo Won a national championship? Was the last time when Sherman diverted some troops your way? Or was it when those convicts got off the boat from England to Savannah?
Good thing that we all have history books.

Blueandwhitefightfight
November 24th, 2010, 11:42 PM
What CENTURY was it that GaSo Won a national championship? Was the last time when Sherman diverted some troops your way? Or was it when those convicts got off the boat from England to Savannah?

Um. This one. And the last one. Twice as many centuries as you. Twice as many championships as you too.

If you're going to try to talk smack, at least do it well. Come on man.

Baldy
November 25th, 2010, 03:14 AM
Interesting, but I didn't say anything about national championships.
Since that is another category where Appy falls considerably short, I can't really figure out why you did, either. xchinscratchx

Laserlips
November 25th, 2010, 08:17 AM

ThomT:

Respectfully, the events of EVERY DAY before today is HISTORY.....

The ONLY National Championship that anyone pays any attention to NOW will be the one earned by the winner of this years play-off's.

Any National Championships won BEFORE this season are old news, or ancient history.. Including those won by your favorite team.

But, it is a source of pleasure to GSU fans to see the SIX National Championship flags flying over the field at Paulson Stadium, a sight you won't see in any other teams stadium in our division, and it's another source of pleasure to see that recent App State "win streaks" seem to always start, and STOP with our GSU Eagles...xwhistlex

Like the one that stopped this year at "our house"... xsmileyclapx

Best Wishes,

Jesse

GATA
November 25th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Um. This one. And the last one. Twice as many centuries as you. Twice as many championships as you too.

If you're going to try to talk smack, at least do it well. Come on man.

Oh don't worry...this will be the third year in a row that App doesn't win a national title...and as we get to year 4, 5, 6, 7, they'll start to get off their high horse and realize what a feat they really accomplished winning 3 in a row. Right now their fans are obnoxious and spoiled and think it's a birth right...

soon they'll get humbled...just like our fans...just like youngstown fans...just like Southern California fans..just like Miami fans...just like Florida State fans...need I go on?

gasoutherneagle
November 25th, 2010, 10:15 AM
xflaggedx Can we get back on topic here? GSU vs. SCSU game thread. Appy game's over. We won. Move on.

parr90
November 25th, 2010, 01:21 PM
I sure did strike a nerve here since you have been so good lately.

Yeah im pissed. But it really only matters whats going on right now right? If you want to messure peckers I got ya by 3 inches.

SideLine Shooter
November 25th, 2010, 04:34 PM
Yeah im pissed. But it really only matters whats going on right now right? If you want to messure peckers I got ya by 3 inches.

Now, that is without a doubt one of the most intelligent responses from no doubt a real life Georgia Southern University scholar.

EagleTrump
November 25th, 2010, 09:11 PM
No, he might not have had the most mature response, but it was just as intelligent as any of the Appy comments on here. And I've had to dodge App State intelligence while marching off the field at Kidd Brewer. Real classy to throw things at the band. BUT, that is neither here nor there as App State doesn't play this Saturday while GSU and SCSU do. But yes, the 101 is coming to the 'boro but I don't know whether or not it will take up their allotted tickets or not. I'm also pretty sure the AD has no say so in the matter of whether a band comes or not. Otherwise, not many teams would be able to bring a band with them. If I had the option, I wouldn't let a visiting team bring an advantage to my field.

R.A.
November 25th, 2010, 09:26 PM
I looked for a Greyhound bus station in Statesboro, and couldn't find one.

Some students might have been thinking that they could take the Greyhound from the Orangeburg station, to Statesboro.

Blueandwhitefightfight
November 25th, 2010, 09:32 PM

Some students might have been thinking that they could take the Greyhound from the Orangeburg station, to Statesboro.

The nearest one is Savannah.

EagleTrump
November 25th, 2010, 09:55 PM

Which would be just as long of a drive.

gasoutherneagle
November 26th, 2010, 02:42 AM

There's a Greyhound stop in Sylvania... but, it might as well be Outer-Mongolia if you don't have a means to get the final 20 miles to the 'Boro.

inpsite1919
November 26th, 2010, 09:18 AM

That's not a concern because most students are not in Orangeburg right now anyway. Thangsgiving Break. See you all tomorrow. Get up for the Bulldogs.

Milktruck74
November 26th, 2010, 10:20 AM
GSU by 21...

GaSouthern
November 26th, 2010, 12:17 PM
GSU by 21...

I wish but sadly I see this being a 7 point game, hopefully our way.

parr90
November 26th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Now, that is without a doubt one of the most intelligent responses from no doubt a real life Georgia Southern University scholar.

Thanks and I know you got a great education up'er too.

SideLine Shooter
November 26th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Thanks and I know you got a great education up'er too.

I really hate to disappoint you, but I did not go to The Great App State.

GATA
November 26th, 2010, 04:35 PM
I really hate to disappoint you, but I did not go to The Great App State.

...gay.

SideLine Shooter
November 26th, 2010, 05:34 PM
...gay.

Look in the mirror.

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Prediction - SCST gets first MEAC playoff win in 10 years

Eaglegus2
November 26th, 2010, 10:03 PM
Prediction - SCST gets first MEAC playoff win in 10 years

You may be correct with your prediction but I believe this will end by the kicker who can handle the pressure and make the kick with a minute to go in the game.

Tribe4SF
November 27th, 2010, 04:48 AM
Apparently this game will not be available to view on NCAA.com. Only available on GSU's EagleVision. How's the quality on EagleVision, and is there a charge?

ButlerGSU
November 27th, 2010, 08:05 AM
Apparently this game will not be available to view on NCAA.com. Only available on GSU's EagleVision. How's the quality on EagleVision, and is there a charge?

Quality is pretty good and yes, there is a fee. Visit www.georgiasoutherneagles.com for more information and to subscribe.

inpsite1919
November 27th, 2010, 08:14 AM
About to Jump on the road and head to the game. If anyone wants to listen to the game it's broadcast live on Team Line every week. Key word is listen.

Tribe4SF
November 27th, 2010, 08:17 AM
Quality is pretty good and yes, there is a fee. Visit www.georgiasoutherneagles.com for more information and to subscribe.

Thanks. Sucks that this is the only game with a fee to watch.

SideLine Shooter
November 27th, 2010, 10:05 AM
Thanks. Sucks that this is the only game with a fee to watch.

Well, it is GSU.

AshevilleApp2
November 27th, 2010, 10:30 AM
Getting close to game time now. This has the potential of being a great game. Good luck to both schools. May the winner continue to win next week. xthumbsupx

Tribe4SF
November 27th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Game is now shown as available on NCAA.com. Thanks NCAA for costing me $9.95 to subscribe to GSU.

TwoFeathers
November 27th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Let's get it on!

TwoFeathers
November 27th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Wondering who the Tribe would rather play at home? We'll take either, however GA Southern has history...

TwoFeathers
November 27th, 2010, 12:59 PM
I don't like the sound of the 'Triple Option'

TwoFeathers
November 27th, 2010, 01:01 PM
How much does that SC State QB weigh??? Carrying a few extra Lb's...

TwoFeathers
November 27th, 2010, 01:02 PM
270???

TwoFeathers
November 27th, 2010, 01:08 PM
ZZZZZZZZZZ...

SumItUp
November 27th, 2010, 01:09 PM

I am watching the game on NCAA.com.

bullseye44
November 27th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Wondering who the Tribe would rather play at home? We'll take either, however GA Southern has history...

The Tribe will be rooting for SC State and Jacksonville St for our first 2 matchups. Triple option teams give us fits.

TwoFeathers
November 27th, 2010, 01:14 PM
The Tribe will be rooting for SC State and Jacksonville St for our first 2 matchups. Triple option teams give us fits.

Triple Option looks like JMU all over again...

TwoFeathers
November 27th, 2010, 01:15 PM
What the... SC State??? Safety on a KO?

bullseye44
November 27th, 2010, 01:16 PM
I am watching the game on NCAA.com.

Really - the link took me to the Final Four banner unveiling video and I couldn't find the game video anywhere in the selections. Can you post the link?

soccerguy315
November 27th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Really - the link took me to the Final Four banner unveiling video and I couldn't find the game video anywhere in the selections. Can you post the link?

this is the url on my video: http://www.ncaa.com/allaccess/?media=213861

if that takes you to the Final 4 logo, click on "view by: sport" and choose football. Scroll right till you get to the game (games arranged by start times)

big recovery for SCSt, they needed that

TwoFeathers
November 27th, 2010, 01:19 PM

Yep, it's on NCAA.com... Not too bad.

TwoFeathers
November 27th, 2010, 01:20 PM

if that takes you to the Final 4 logo, like on "view by: sport" and choose football. Scroll right till you get to the game (games arranged by start times)

They gave up 2 points to get that recovery... not sure if that's a good trade-off.

TwoFeathers
November 27th, 2010, 01:21 PM
I know it's early, but this could be ugly for SC State...

theasushow
November 27th, 2010, 01:24 PM
shaw hurt....looks serious.

Gringer1
November 27th, 2010, 01:25 PM
Jaybo Shaw got hurt on a helmet to helmet hit. SCSU players and fans are making noise and celebrating while he's being attended to. That's absolutely disgusting.

bullseye44
November 27th, 2010, 01:25 PM

if that takes you to the Final 4 logo, click on "view by: sport" and choose football. Scroll right till you get to the game (games arranged by start times)

Thanks, got it going.

HappyAppy13
November 27th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Shaw injury could be a huge swing....How's the back-up?

HappyAppy13

Thanks!

Tribe07
That looked like a concussion to me.

TwoFeathers
November 27th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Shaw injury could be a huge swing....How's the back-up?

Looks like a big difference already.

TwoFeathers
November 27th, 2010, 01:30 PM
SC State has to get something going.

TwoFeathers
November 27th, 2010, 01:31 PM
What the heck was that??? That defender grabbed the hand-off and took it to the house!?!

Tribe07
November 27th, 2010, 01:31 PM
I'm guessing that was not what SC State had in mind...

soccerguy315
November 27th, 2010, 01:32 PM
this is why the MEAC doesn't win playoff games...

theasushow
SO-CON! SO-CON! SO-CON!

TwoFeathers
It was like he tried to complete the handoff with 2 defenders draped all over him...

TwoFeathers
November 27th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Let the ugliness ensue...

TwoFeathers
November 27th, 2010, 01:35 PM
That's 9 points directly attributed to bungled plays by SC State.

soccerguy315
November 27th, 2010, 01:50 PM
19-0

bullseye44
November 27th, 2010, 01:52 PM
And SC State has life...kickoff return for TD. 19-7

Block-A
November 27th, 2010, 01:52 PM
19-7, KO returned for TD

soccerguy315
November 27th, 2010, 01:59 PM
SCSt trying to make a game out of it

soccerguy315
November 27th, 2010, 02:00 PM
dumb move by Georgia Southern, can't be getting 15 yard penalties after the play.

WileECoyote06
November 27th, 2010, 02:03 PM
I was wondering why that wasn't an automatic first down. Are those MEAC refs? LOL

soccerguy315
November 27th, 2010, 02:06 PM
19-10... SCSt should've had that TD. Bad drop by the receiver, wide open and thrown right to his hands.

6:34 left 2Q

Tribe07
November 27th, 2010, 02:06 PM
That was a bad drop by #12 of SC State.

parr90
November 27th, 2010, 02:10 PM
That was a bad drop by #12 of SC State.

GS losing its QB is going to be a factor in this one.

Sorry didnt mean to quote you, my mistake.

soccerguy315
November 27th, 2010, 02:11 PM
gutsy fake punt there

inpsite1919
November 27th, 2010, 02:43 PM
19-10... SCSt should've had that TD. Bad drop by the receiver, wide open and thrown right to his hands.

6:34 left 2Q
He shot by every one why shouldn't he score where you going to stop him

inpsite1919
November 27th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Ok Bulldogs Lets Play Like we did in the 2nd quarter not the first. Good Crowd out here.

inpsite1919
November 27th, 2010, 02:45 PM
I promise they are not MEAC refs look at the penalties called.

TwoFeathers
November 27th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Terrible throw.. INT

TwoFeathers
November 27th, 2010, 02:59 PM
SC State gets it back.

Tribe07
November 27th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Neither offense doing much at the moment.

B&G
November 27th, 2010, 03:06 PM
It's a testament to SCSU's defense that they are still in this game.

TwoFeathers
November 27th, 2010, 03:11 PM
It's a testament to SCSU's defense that they are still in this game.

They've played very well against the Triple Option. W&M take note!

inpsite1919
November 27th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Are these SOCON officials

B&G
November 27th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Are these SOCON officials

You're not really blaming the refs are you?

TwoFeathers
November 27th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Can SC State score 12 in the final quarter?

Grabholdofyosef
November 27th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Any word on Shaw? If they hang on to win, they are gonna need him to stand a chance agianst the tribe.

GAD
November 27th, 2010, 03:18 PM
What's the score?

TwoFeathers
Can SC State score 12 in the final quarter?

Check that... 15 pts???

TwoFeathers
Any word on Shaw? If they hang on to win, they are gonna need him to stand a chance agianst the tribe.

They're saying concussion, unofficial I believe.

LeopardFan04
November 27th, 2010, 03:19 PM
What's the score?

25-10 Georgia Southern, End of the 3rd

TwoFeathers
November 27th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Unbelievable... 2 safeties on kick-offs???

TwoFeathers

Make that 27-10

charliej
Make that 27-10...safety on the KO.

TwoFeathers
November 27th, 2010, 03:21 PM
GA Southern... see you in Williamsburg.

LeopardFan04
November 27th, 2010, 03:21 PM

Make that 27-10...second safety for Ga. Southern on a kickoff.

psc2445
November 27th, 2010, 03:23 PM
i'm late to the party, but this game is on channelsurfing.net (in case someone doesn't know)

theasushow
November 27th, 2010, 03:23 PM
somebody remind me why the MEAC got 2 teams in again please.....2 safeties on kickoffs? really?

TwoFeathers
November 27th, 2010, 03:24 PM
I know a wins a win, but GA Southern hasn't done a whole lot in this game. Much is due to SC State's sloppy play. IMO.

Tribe07
November 27th, 2010, 03:25 PM
In fairness, they lost their starting QB. Has anyone heard a report on Shaw?

TwoFeathers
November 27th, 2010, 03:27 PM
In fairness, they lost their starting QB. Has anyone heard a report on Shaw?

True... That was a hard hit. They say concussion, but it's not official.

insideout08
November 27th, 2010, 03:28 PM
I know a wins a win, but GA Southern hasn't done a whole lot in this game. Much is due to SC State's sloppy play. IMO.

Not much offensively, but their defense has been outstanding.

bullseye44
November 27th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Unbelievable... 2 safeties on kick-offs???

Typical undisciplined MEAC football...

TwoFeathers
November 27th, 2010, 03:29 PM
If it's concussion, is he automatically out next week? Or is it a day-by-day decision?

Tribe4SF
November 27th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Bulldog defense finally worn out.

TwoFeathers
November 27th, 2010, 03:30 PM
GA Southern just keeps chopping wood... 4 yards at a clip. Eventually they move all the way down the field.

Tribe07
November 27th, 2010, 03:31 PM
If it's concussion, is he automatically out next week? Or is it a day-by-day decision?

It all depends on how bad a concussion. I seem to recall Grimes getting a concussion one week and playing the next, but I cannot remember which two weeks. UNC and UNH maybe?

TwoFeathers
November 27th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Not much offensively, but their defense has been outstanding.

SC State has been playing decent D also. Pretty impressed with the coverage on the Triple-Option.

psc2445
November 27th, 2010, 03:33 PM
cue "Dandy Don", the party's over

TwoFeathers
November 27th, 2010, 03:33 PM
GA Southern at W&M is going to be a good game! GA Southern's first time to Williamsburg??

Tribe4SF
November 27th, 2010, 03:34 PM
It all depends on how bad a concussion. I seem to recall Grimes getting a concussion one week and playing the next, but I cannot remember which two weeks. UNC and UNH maybe?

Medical decision. Grimes suffered a concussion at Maine, and played the following week against Villanova.

bullseye44
SC St has 6 first downs and 7 penalties thus far. GSU with a 35 to 15 advantage in time of possession.

TwoFeathers
W&M hasn't lost at home in 2 years. Let's keep the streak alive!

Tribe4SF
November 27th, 2010, 03:36 PM
Georgia Southern will be a big challenge for the Tribe. They move the ball...eat clock, and play good defense.

TwoFeathers
November 27th, 2010, 03:36 PM
Is the SC State QB that bad, or is the GA Southern Defense that good???

TwoFeathers
November 27th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Georgia Southern will be a big challenge for the Tribe. They move the ball...eat clock, and play good defense.

The Tribe is going to have to go up early, and force GA Southern to play catch up and throw the ball. It's going to be hyped up at home!

ATX_EWUGrad
November 27th, 2010, 03:39 PM
Classy chant by the GA Southern fans after the interception. LOL

TwoFeathers
November 27th, 2010, 03:40 PM
How generous to give the 3rd string QB a touchdown...

TwoFeathers
November 27th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Let this not be the 2nd incarnation of JMU...

DSUrocks07
November 27th, 2010, 03:41 PM
xlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaox

TwoFeathers
November 27th, 2010, 03:43 PM
If only SC State could do that earlier... Ahhh.. and missed the Extra Point. Sums it up.

Tribe4SF
November 27th, 2010, 03:47 PM
GA Southern at W&M is going to be a good game! GA Southern's first time to Williamsburg??

The teams have only met once, with W&M winning 29-28 in Statesboro in 1997.

Ivytalk
Congrats to GSU!xhurrayx

DSUrocks07
Dennis Thomas is LOVING this!!! xlolx

B&G
November 27th, 2010, 03:49 PM
Congrats to Georgia State! (That's what the play by play guy has been calling them all game)

UMass922
November 27th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Congrats to Georgia State! (That's what the play by play guy has been calling them all game)

And he just added an "AppaLAYshun State" to boot! xlolx

ATX_EWUGrad
November 27th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Do we know what games next week are going to be NCAA produced games and which ones will be ESPN3 games? Announcer said 4 and 4 and that this announcing crew would be at B/C next week so that's one of the NCAA games.

MacThor
November 27th, 2010, 03:54 PM
"We got a garbage time TD against the scout team. We PROVED WE BELONG and will surely advance to the final four next year."

WileECoyote06
November 27th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Dennis Thomas is LOVING this!!! xlolx

Yep, I'mma book my hotel room in Atlanta for 2011 on Monday.

LeopardFan04
Do we know what games next week are going to be NCAA produced games and which ones will be ESPN3 games? Announcer said 4 and 4 and that this announcing crew would be at B/C next week so that's one of the NCAA games.

According to the bracket, the ESPN3 games are at App St, SFA, Montana state, and Jacksonville State.

theasushow
"We got a garbage time TD against the scout team. We PROVED WE BELONG and will surely advance to the final four next year."

who said that!?

R.A.

This was a horrible performance.

Next up, New Hampshire @ Bethune-Cookman

Tribe4SF

W&M, Delaware and Eastern Washington will be on NCAA.com.

MacThor
November 27th, 2010, 04:06 PM
who said that!?

Mark it down for the last week of the 2011 season.

Mountaineer
November 27th, 2010, 04:10 PM
This was a horrible performance.

Next up, New Hampshire @ Bethune-Cookman

MEAC 0-12 since 2000 with today's loss. How much longer before the bowl with the SWAC seems like a good idea? xsmhx

GlassOnion
November 27th, 2010, 04:13 PM
MEAC 0-12 since 2000 with today's loss. How much longer before the bowl with the SWAC seems like a good idea? xsmhx

poor Liberty...

Mountaineer
November 27th, 2010, 04:16 PM
poor Liberty...

Yeah, they should have probably been in this year.

I know it's the thing to do for App fans to hype up the Bulldogs after playing them the previous two years, but personally I never saw anything that led me to believe they could hang with a healthy Mountaineer team. :(

gasoutherneagle
November 27th, 2010, 04:29 PM
Just back from the game. DIRTY, DIRTY, DIRTY!!! That's the only way I can describe SCSU's performance. That "QB takeout" play was below the belt!!! ONLY A LOSER does that kinda crap! I'm sure William & Mary thanks you for that one. Next time DON'T CHEER while we're trying to get the man off the field. NO CLASS... that's why they got beat!

SpeedkingATL
November 27th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Nice win Eagles! Hope Shaw is okay and can play against the Tribe.

DSUrocks07
November 27th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Congrats to the Eagles, they came to play today and thats 90% of the battle.

ThompsonThe
November 27th, 2010, 04:39 PM
About time you slackers at GaSo got off your arrrrrssesssses and rep'd the conference in the playoffs. NOW go do it to a CAA team for a change. Been a Looooooooooooooooong time since you beat a CAA team in the playoffs. Go GATA on them GaSo!

Let's have GaSo -vs- Appalachian State in Frisco!

gasoutherneagle
November 27th, 2010, 04:44 PM
About time you slackers at GaSo got off your arrrrrssesssses and rep'd the conference in the playoffs. NOW go do it to a CAA team for a change. Been a Looooooooooooooooong time since you beat a CAA team in the playoffs. Go GATA on them GaSo!

Let's have GaSo -vs- Appalachian State in Frisco!

God, I hope. But, based on what we've seen when Jaybo is injured, we won't be playing at W & M's level if he's not in. GATA Eagles!!! We're SO F'ING proud of you!!!

WrenFGun
November 27th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Not to rub it in here, but I think this loss kind of cements that there was just no reason for SCST to be in the playoffs.

WestCoastAggie
November 27th, 2010, 04:47 PM

Man...

Hoping for the best but expecting the streak to reach 0-13 next Saturday.

xnonono2x xbawlingx

WestCoastAggie
November 27th, 2010, 04:49 PM
Not to rub it in here, but I think this loss kind of cements that there was just no reason for SCST to be in the playoffs.

Honestly, you're right. I bet Ace, ToTheLeft and others are just p/o'd at the Selection Committee right now.

I guess SOS and other Computer Ratings/Rankings have a lot of truth weaved in them.

SMH.

ButlerGSU
November 27th, 2010, 05:30 PM
I just got home from the game, SCSU had some great fans except one old guy standing at the Georgia Southern student gate yelling how they were going to 'beat our ***.' I looked for him after the game but he must have been in the sea of red leaving in the 3rd quarter. It was a fun game to watch but Georgia Southern played sloppy and would not have won if SCSU didn't play so badly. We'll have to clean it up in order to have a shot at William and Mary. Our true freshman backup QB really grew some wings in the 3rd and 4th quarter which was the bright spot for us.

theasushow
November 27th, 2010, 05:33 PM
what was the attendance?

aceinthehole
November 27th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Honestly, you're right. I bet Ace, ToTheLeft and others are just p/o'd at the Selection Committee right now.

I guess SOS and other Computer Ratings/Rankings have a lot of truth weaved in them.

SMH.

SC State didn't deserve an at-large based on their resume and the results of this game proved it.. We'll see if the MEAC AQ can do something in their matchup, but I'm not expecting much.