PDA

View Full Version : se missouri st @ eastern washington thread

EdubAlum
November 21st, 2010, 09:16 AM
Hope some of you guys make the trip to the red!

JSU02
November 21st, 2010, 09:34 AM
Hope some of you guys make the trip to the red!

Im glad SEMO got the shaft instead of us.

EdubAlum
November 21st, 2010, 09:52 AM
Im glad SEMO got the shaft instead of us.

That would have been a long trip for sure. :)

Redhawk2010
November 21st, 2010, 09:59 AM
When you put them on a plane, it wouldn't be that much longer. I'm disappointed in this draw. For one thing, the turf. But also I was considering trying to make a trip to the playoff game (or hoping for a home game) but going out to Eastern Washington just is not going to happen.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 21st, 2010, 10:15 AM
When you put them on a plane, it wouldn't be that much longer. I'm disappointed in this draw. For one thing, the turf. But also I was considering trying to make a trip to the playoff game (or hoping for a home game) but going out to Eastern Washington just is not going to happen.

I feel your pain, brother. EWU is usually sent across the country in the first round as well. 2007 they sent us to #2 McNeese State, but that one turned out alright. The next week at App State... not so much. What's wrong with the red turf? Your team should blend right in too, no? :D

Screamin_Eagle174
November 21st, 2010, 10:16 AM
Quick question, who's your team's star player? And where can I find a decent action shot of him? I'm making a game signature banner.

Redhawk2010
November 21st, 2010, 10:19 AM
Henry Harris. #2 our star running back. GoSoutheast.com is our athletic department's website. He's on the Payton Award watchlist...

semoredhawk
November 21st, 2010, 10:20 AM
http://gosoutheast.cstv.com/

Henry Harris, #2, nickname is H2

I actually like the Red Turf, semo has to replace their field turf soon, maybe they can come up with some kind of concept like that.

WestCoastAggie
November 21st, 2010, 10:37 AM
I think SEMO can pull this game off.

EdubAlum
November 21st, 2010, 10:39 AM
do you guys have a fan's forum? ours is www.bigskyfans.com/eagles

Redhawk2010
November 21st, 2010, 10:42 AM
do you guys have a fan's forum? ours is www.bigskyfans.com/eagles

Not really. Our comments are just posted on the Southeast Missourian's website as comments to the articles.. www.semissourian.com

EdubAlum
November 21st, 2010, 10:43 AM

Spokane isn't very sexy, but if you can find someone with airline miles and can get you there for free or on the cheap, playoff road games are a blast.

EdubAlum
November 21st, 2010, 10:44 AM
Not really. Our comments are just posted on the Southeast Missourian's website as comments to the articles.. www.semissourian.com

you should set one up:) I found a small forum on the ovcfans.com site.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 21st, 2010, 10:49 AM
Henry Harris. #2 our star running back. GoSoutheast.com is our athletic department's website. He's on the Payton Award watchlist...

This is going to be a fun matchup to watch. #2 vs. #22 :D (yes, I get they won't be playing against each other directly)

ATX_EWUGrad
November 21st, 2010, 10:58 AM
Well the bright side of this is we get two full weeks to game prep for this instead of having to wait for a play in game to be played to determine our opponent. Though it just seems kind of hosed being #1 in the polls yet only able to get the 5th seed. Did anyone else who is in get screwed as bad as EWU did by a game they had no control over (MSU/MT)? And if Montana would have won, they would have more than likely have been in and someone else pushed out with the MT AD heading the committee. Wonder where EWU would have been seeded in that scenario?

eagle1
November 21st, 2010, 11:25 AM
EWU got hosed! The #5 seed is worthless.

EdubAlum
November 21st, 2010, 11:26 AM
EWU got hosed! The #5 seed is worthless.

ya, only would help us if someone knocks out Montana state or app state and we happen to advance that far also.

clawman
November 21st, 2010, 11:31 AM
I think SEMO can pull this game off.

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa
Bring it baby!!

slostang
November 21st, 2010, 11:48 AM
Henry Harris, #2, nickname is H2.

Sounds like his nickname should be H2Oh......

JSU02
November 21st, 2010, 02:34 PM
If a seed loses, does the team that beat it take the seed from them, or does the committee go back to the bids?

nevadagriz
November 21st, 2010, 02:48 PM
Good luck to EWU and congrats on your co championship! Make the Big Sky proud! I will be pulling for you and the cats!

Screamin_Eagle174
November 21st, 2010, 04:56 PM
If a seed loses, does the team that beat it take the seed from them, or does the committee go back to the bids?

The latter.

semoredhawk
November 21st, 2010, 08:22 PM
semoball.com is a site that a lot of semo fans post on. Not really a message board per se.

clawman
November 21st, 2010, 11:46 PM
semoball.com is a site that a lot of semo fans post on. Not really a message board per se.

Looking for stats, help me out please

FCS Go!
November 21st, 2010, 11:58 PM
The SEMO vs Jax St, SEMO vs. Austin Peay & SEMO vs. E. Illinois games are all still available as a replay on ESPN3.

http://espn.go.com/espn3/index/_/sport/football#

You'll have to change to "replay" and "30 days" to get access to all three games.

boomerang
November 22nd, 2010, 12:14 AM
All of Semo's home games are webcast, and archived for viewing at:

http://www.kfvs12.com/Global/category.asp?C=111165

You can watch all of Semo's home games this past season there.

EdubAlum
November 22nd, 2010, 09:52 AM
All of Semo's home games are webcast, and archived for viewing at:

http://www.kfvs12.com/Global/category.asp?C=111165

You can watch all of Semo's home games this past season there.

ooh very good info. i believe you can watch our past games here.

http://b2tv.com/upcoming_events.asp?q=v&value=bigsky

Redhawk2010
November 22nd, 2010, 12:26 PM
And if you want stats, they are all available at www.gosoutheast.com

srgrizizen
November 22nd, 2010, 03:04 PM
Well the bright side of this is we get two full weeks to game prep for this instead of having to wait for a play in game to be played to determine our opponent. Though it just seems kind of hosed being #1 in the polls yet only able to get the 5th seed. Did anyone else who is in get screwed as bad as EWU did by a game they had no control over (MSU/MT)? And if Montana would have won, they would have more than likely have been in and someone else pushed out with the MT AD heading the committee. Wonder where EWU would have been seeded in that scenario?

First of all, congratulations and make the BSC proud in the playoffs. But your whining about being screwed has absolutely nothing to do with the Griz. If the UM AD is so all-powerful and biased, why didn't UM make the playoffs anyway? They shouldn't have and didn't, so what's your beef? If they had beaten MSU, of course they would have made the playoffs as an unseeded team and well deserved it. Again, that has absolutely zilch to do with your seeding. Now go out and show you deserved a higher seed by playing well on the road, if you have to.

ATX_EWUGrad
November 23rd, 2010, 01:07 PM
First of all, congratulations and make the BSC proud in the playoffs. But your whining about being screwed has absolutely nothing to do with the Griz. If the UM AD is so all-powerful and biased, why didn't UM make the playoffs anyway? They shouldn't have and didn't, so what's your beef? If they had beaten MSU, of course they would have made the playoffs as an unseeded team and well deserved it. Again, that has absolutely zilch to do with your seeding. Now go out and show you deserved a higher seed by playing well on the road, if you have to.

You took my post for me whining, and honestly I wasn't. And maybe I might have asked it the wrong way but ultimately, I was wondering if anyone else's place within the brackets get moved around as much as EWU's did based on the outcome of the MSU/UM game. I'm venturing, that if Montana would have won the game and having EWU be the BSC AQ they very well could have been as high as the #2 seed. I have no beef with the Montana, but I think there is a direct correlation with the seedings based on the outcome of the MSU/UM game. And as a result I was wondering what bubble team benefitted from the outcome of the game, had Montana making it and someone else not. Nothing more and nothing less.

Walkon79
November 23rd, 2010, 05:29 PM
H-ll, Eastern may have been the number 1 seed had the Cats lost. Not inconceivable.

EdubAlum
November 23rd, 2010, 10:48 PM
H-ll, Eastern may have been the number 1 seed had the Cats lost. Not inconceivable.

Shoulda woulda coulda. See you in the next round

EdubAlum
November 26th, 2010, 04:34 PM
if anyone sees any good articles from either local papers, please do post them.

ATX_EWUGrad
November 27th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Good Luck find anything resembling good coverage coming out of the Spokesman-Review. Their EWU coverage has always been a joke. Got to wait until 2012 when we play WSU to get any decent coverage.

EdubAlum
November 27th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Good Luck find anything resembling good coverage coming out of the Spokesman-Review. Their EWU coverage has always been a joke. Got to wait until 2012 when we play WSU to get any decent coverage.

i hear ya there. here is a link to the blog....for our SEMO friends

http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/sportslink/?k=ewu%2Ceagles

GrizBowl
November 27th, 2010, 11:19 PM
The real question is, can the BSC dominate in the playoffs without the Griz? The Inferno gives EW the advantage next week, but beyond that I see the Cats surviving and upseting the rest of the FCS

clawman
November 28th, 2010, 04:01 PM

What amazes me is 10,000 people will drive 80+miles one way to Pullman to watch a game that the Cougars will probably loose and less than 3,000 people drive the 20 miles to Cheney to watch a nationally ranked team with the most exciting college player in the state. Go figure.

MplsBison
November 28th, 2010, 04:08 PM
If SEMO wins this game, who hosts the next round between SEMO and NDSU or Montana St?

EdubAlum
November 28th, 2010, 11:00 PM
If SEMO wins this game, who hosts the next round between SEMO and NDSU or Montana St?

Montana St will host if they win, they still have the seed. if NDSU happens to beat MSU, then it would go to the higher bid between NDSU and SEMO. If EWU and NDSU win, EWU will host.

not a lot of respect for the Big Sky by the Bison it seems, they all expected EWU to lose in the pick'm thread:)

EdubAlum
November 28th, 2010, 11:06 PM
http://www.semissourian.com/story/1683367.html

Redhawk2010
November 29th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Coach Sam's weekly press conference..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5_p3JWJ5Rk&feature=player_embedded

srgrizizen
November 29th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Good luck Cats and Eagles. It's a shame they put you in the same bracket. An all Big Sky semi or final would be fantastic. And, ATX_EWUGrad, now I see your point about the UM/MSU game. A Griz win would have helped your position a lot, as well as put three BSC teams in the playoffs. Too bad they couldn't do it, but MSU earned it.

Redhawk2010
November 29th, 2010, 07:25 PM
SEMO 28 EASTERN Illinois 13

SEMO 40 EASTERN Kentucky 21

SEMO ?? EASTERN Washington ??

Can the Redhawks make it 3 this season against the "EASTERNs" of the world? :)

Redhawk2010
November 29th, 2010, 07:57 PM
So I was just looking at CS.com and whoever made their top banner is clueless.. would somebody who is a member there let them know that Missouri State is NOT in the playoffs?!?! They have the Missouri State Bear logo instead of the Southeast Missouri State Redhawk logo...

Bam
November 30th, 2010, 07:01 AM
SEMO 28 EASTERN Illinois 13

SEMO 40 EASTERN Kentucky 21

SEMO ?? EASTERN Washington ??

Can the Redhawks make it 3 this season against the "EASTERNs" of the world? :)

No. SEMO will be a long way from home.

Buzzcut
November 30th, 2010, 09:42 AM
No. SEMO will be a long way from home.

Don't be so certain. SEMO has been surprising people all season long. They'll definitely have their work cut out for 'em (especially playing on that awful red turf), but I think they are up to it. Go Hawks!

EdubAlum
November 30th, 2010, 11:39 AM
(especially playing on that awful red turf)

haters gonn'a hate, bring it on (the red turf hate that is:))

100%GRIZ
November 30th, 2010, 12:00 PM
haters gonn'a hate, bring it on (the red turf hate that is:))

I HATE it - The Red Turf is plain UGLY! Seriously on TV you really can't follow the Eastern Washington's players! Should be a NCAA Law against non-green turfs, but Boise spoiled that thought!

EdubAlum
November 30th, 2010, 12:48 PM
I HATE it - The Red Turf is plain UGLY! Seriously on TV you really can't follow the Eastern Washington's players! Should be a NCAA Law against non-green turfs, but Boise spoiled that thought!

Luckily our games are never on tv outside the spokane area, problem solved:)

Bam
November 30th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Found a SEMO fan site. Must be pretty new? See link below:

http://www.semofans.com/forum/index.php

Screamin_Eagle174
November 30th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Found a SEMO fan site. Must be pretty new? See link below:

http://www.semofans.com/forum/index.php

Yes, Boomerang and EDubAlum worked together to get it started up. xthumbsupx

Screamin_Eagle174
November 30th, 2010, 03:48 PM
So I was just looking at CS.com and whoever made their top banner is clueless.. would somebody who is a member there let them know that Missouri State is NOT in the playoffs?!?! They have the Missouri State Bear logo instead of the Southeast Missouri State Redhawk logo...

I noticed it right after it went up and pointed it out to Willie, and he changed it right away. Don't get your panties in a bunch.

Redhawk2010
November 30th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Just read that the game will be aired on the Heartland CW in the Cape Girardeau area..

EdubAlum
November 30th, 2010, 07:03 PM
Yes, Boomerang and EDubAlum worked together to get it started up. xthumbsupx

Ya, I was hoping he'd make a front page announcement about it, but it's his site now, I'll let him do what he wants with it:)

boomerang
November 30th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Ya, I was hoping he'd make a front page announcement about it, but it's his site now, I'll let him do what he wants with it:)

Yeah, unfortunately missing 4 straight days of work kinda got me backed up. We're all over the basketball boards though, lol...

Yes, Boomerang and EDubAlum worked together to get it started up

Yeah we worked on it together, EdubAlum did about 95% of the work, and I'm still working on finishing up the other 5% :)

I'm not really done with it yet, but we wanted to get it up and running before the playoff game. EdubAlum is the man, too bad his team's season is over in 4 days :)

Screamin_Eagle174
November 30th, 2010, 10:23 PM
Yeah, unfortunately missing 4 straight days of work kinda got me backed up. We're all over the basketball boards though, lol...

Yeah we worked on it together, EdubAlum did about 95% of the work, and I'm still working on finishing up the other 5% :)

I'm not really done with it yet, but we wanted to get it up and running before the playoff game. EdubAlum is the man, too bad his team's season is over in 4 days :)

Our season isn't over, we're just taking another week off before the QF's. xthumbsupx

THE HERD
December 1st, 2010, 09:22 AM
Montana St will host if they win, they still have the seed. if NDSU happens to beat MSU, then it would go to the higher bid between NDSU and SEMO. If EWU and NDSU win, EWU will host.

not a lot of respect for the Big Sky by the Bison it seems, they all expected EWU to lose in the pick'm thread:)

I would defintiely be picking EWU, mainly due to the fact that SEMO I believe is a OVC team, which tends not to do well in the playoffs as a conference. My heart picks SEMO though, so that if we are able to pull out a W in Bozeman we would most likely outbid SEMO and get another home game in the FargoDome. It sounds like we will have our hands full with MSU's QB though....what are EWU's fans thoughts on their qb? Good Luck on Saturday.

EdubAlum
December 1st, 2010, 04:00 PM
What are EWU's fans thoughts on their qb? Good Luck on Saturday.

I fully expect him to throw a pick on every single play. He's no Matt Nichols and no Erik Meyer either. He and his receivers have been jiving as of late though, especially with Kaufman. Every game he seems to get more comfortable, and I think next year will be a good year for EWU.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 1st, 2010, 10:09 PM
I fully expect him to throw a pick on every single play. He's no Matt Nichols and no Erik Meyer either. He and his receivers have been jiving as of late though, especially with Kaufman. Every game he seems to get more comfortable, and I think next year will be ANOTHER good year for EWU.

FIFY.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 1st, 2010, 10:25 PM
....what are EWU's fans thoughts on their qb? Good Luck on Saturday.

As EDA mentioned, he's certainly no Matt Nichols or Erik Meyer. BLM has had some growing pains, that's for sure. Through the first 8 games he would make great 5-10 yard throws on a couple plays, then throw into double or triple coverage on the next. Not too accurate on the deep ball... our 6'5 stud receiver has had to bail him out on many occasions and dive for it. He's been making a lot smarter decisions lately though, throwing 8 TDs to 1 INT in his last 3 games, vs 17 TDs and 10 INTs in the prior 8.

Redhawk2010
December 2nd, 2010, 08:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPaiG19a8RY&feature=youtube_gdata

H2 Coming At You

GtFllsGriz
December 2nd, 2010, 10:35 AM
Good luck Eagles. This is a great opportunity to show that the BSC is not a one team conference. Hope you win big!

eagle1
December 2nd, 2010, 11:54 AM
Henry is definitely good but I saw alot of very bad defenses in that highlight reel. Go Eagles!!!

Screamin_Eagle174
December 2nd, 2010, 02:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPaiG19a8RY&feature=youtube_gdata

H2 Coming At You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCIN6EWoPBo

TJ already past you. xlolx

EdubAlum
December 2nd, 2010, 05:45 PM

I love that first play, it was against that crummy Nevada team that went 11-1 and beat up on Boise State though:) Seriously though, I'm looking forward to seeing this running back battle sat.

Red & Black
December 3rd, 2010, 07:02 AM
Thanks for the video, Redhawk, I really enjoyed it.

Bam
December 3rd, 2010, 07:48 AM

EWU's TJ had alot less carries (i.e.-176 for TJ & 285 for H2) for his yards as well.

Bam
December 3rd, 2010, 11:52 AM
What the status on your coach SEMO fans? Remember last year? Samuel's job status came into question during an eight-game losing streak in 2009 that followed the Redhawks' season-opening win over Division II program Quincy. The slide ended with Southeast's second win of the season, 49-13 over rival Murray State.

Shafer declined to discuss Samuel's job status during the season and said it would be evaulated in the offseason of 2009.

Samuel's contract will expire Jan. 31, 2011. Shafer did not indicate what requirements have been set for next season that would earn Samuel a contract extension.

Redhawk2010
December 3rd, 2010, 12:24 PM
All that Shafer has said (that I've read) is that they want him back and there has been a little bit of discussion, but they are not really discussing it until this season is over. There is internet rumor, however, that his wife has taken a job in Nebraska and has already gone back there..

I think they need to try and re-sign him just so there is hope of some structure to build from. If he chooses to leave or they choose to move on, then we're probably back at square one.

Bam
December 3rd, 2010, 12:32 PM
All that Shafer has said (that I've read) is that they want him back and there has been a little bit of discussion, but they are not really discussing it until this season is over. There is internet rumor, however, that his wife has taken a job in Nebraska and has already gone back there..

I think they need to try and re-sign him just so there is hope of some structure to build from. If he chooses to leave or they choose to move on, then we're probably back at square one.

Does SEMO graduate alot of players or will this year start a upward trend?

Redhawk2010
December 3rd, 2010, 12:40 PM
I think it's a strong core of seniors who will be graduating, but there's also a decent amount of underclassmen coming back. The quarterback will be back for another year for sure and I think our defense has plenty coming back..

Bam
December 3rd, 2010, 12:48 PM
Cool. Hopefully your boys will make the long trip (and I thought those 2 trips to Richmond VA were long) a memorable one & get a win for the poor ole OVC.

Redhawk2010
December 3rd, 2010, 01:33 PM
Extra $50k in revenues..
http://www.semissourian.com/story/1685104.html

Gear up for Climate..
http://www.semissourian.com/story/1685092.html