PDA

View Full Version : I hope BCU gets a second round game

WileECoyote06
November 21st, 2010, 07:56 AM
They playoff committee should seriously consider that their starting and backup QB were injured in the third quarter. Up to that point, BCU was leading 27-14. xprayx

They could use the extra week to allow Johnson's shoulder to heal.

tribe_pride
November 21st, 2010, 08:05 AM
They playoff committee should seriously consider that their starting and backup QB were injured in the third quarter. Up to that point, BCU was leading 27-14. xprayx

They could use the extra week to allow Johnson's shoulder to heal.

BCU had the easiest schedule in all of FCS (by Sagarin). With an injured starting QB, BCU has shown to be very vulnerable. If he is not healthy for the 2nd round, it could be a much easier win for their opponent and easy advancement to the quarterfinals. They need to put BCU in the 1st Round.

WileECoyote06
November 21st, 2010, 08:29 AM
By that logic, a first round game would be a cakewalk for their opponent too. I figure if they give Villanova a first round bye, which was definitely influenced by them not having Sczur for much of the year, they ought to give BCU that same consideration.

Matt Johnson is the MEAC player of the year. Why wouldn't they want the Wildcats to line up against another team at full strength?

tribe_pride
November 21st, 2010, 08:42 AM
By that logic, a first round game would be a cakewalk for their opponent too. I figure if they give Villanova a first round bye, which was definitely influenced by them not having Sczur for much of the year, they ought to give BCU that same consideration.

Matt Johnson is the MEAC player of the year. Why wouldn't they want the Wildcats to line up against another team at full strength?

I think if Nova gets a bye, it would be more influenced by them having beaten Delaware, Lehigh, Penn.

Without knowing more, what is Johnson's status right now? I have no clue what the injury is (besides shoulder as you say). If it's not where he'd be at full strength next week as you said, who knows if he'd be at full strength the following week.

WileECoyote06
November 21st, 2010, 08:45 AM
I think if Nova gets a bye, it would be more influenced by them having beaten Delaware, Lehigh, Penn.

Without knowing more, what is Johnson's status right now? I have no clue what the injury is (besides shoulder as you say). If it's not where he'd be at full strength next week as you said, who knows if he'd be at full strength the following week.

Severe dislocated shoulder, and the backup has a high ankle sprain. I don't know if he can recover in time, but the extra time definitely would help.

GaSouthern
November 21st, 2010, 08:48 AM
I hope the come to our house in the first round :)

tribe_pride
November 21st, 2010, 08:49 AM
Severe dislocated shoulder, and the backup has a high ankle sprain. I don't know if he can recover in time, but the extra time definitely would help.

That sucks and that may be the kiss of death. Hopefully he has another year to showcase his talents.

Unfortunately, with BCU's schedule and questions about whether its leader and best player can play in the playoffs, I don't know how the NCAA can take the chance.