18. Western Illinois 322
19. Montana 304
20. Liberty 258
21. North Dakota St. 199
22. Jacksonville 172
23. Cal Poly 148
24. Massachusetts 144
25. Robert Morris 135
Others receiving votes (minimum of 5 votes): Dayton (18), James Madison (17), Chattanooga (14), Richmond (11), Florida A&M (8), Southern Utah (6), Central Arkansas (5),
MOST SIGNIFICANT WIN OF THE WEEK: Villanova
MOST SIGNIFICANT LOSS OF THE WEEK: Delaware, Montana

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2010, 05:04 AM
Wow, still 14?

OhioHen
November 21st, 2010, 06:28 AM
Wow, still 14?

UNI fell 7 spots in my poll following the loss to WIU. Looks like the AQ was a bigger factor to some voters than this week's result.

WileECoyote06
November 21st, 2010, 07:46 AM
Yall only dropped five in my poll. I had you #10 last week. So 14 - 15 seems about right.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2010, 08:27 AM
By far the best of the polls throughout the season.

TypicalTribe
November 21st, 2010, 08:31 AM
How many people voted before the JSU game ended or didn't realize they lost?

RabidRabbit
November 21st, 2010, 09:20 AM
How many people voted before the JSU game ended or didn't realize they lost?

Mine was after the JSU result was known.

Pard4Life
November 21st, 2010, 09:45 AM
This is a joke... I don't even have Lehigh ranked in my poll and I'm not being an anti-homer either. They are just not capable of playing WITH a good team... see Nova and UNH.

Ivytalk
November 22nd, 2010, 08:34 AM
Only 44 voters?xeyebrowx I did my duty, but I thought this week was the toughest poll of the season. At least I didn't pull the trigger until after the Jax State game.xscanx

RabidRabbit
November 22nd, 2010, 09:03 AM
Only 44 voters?xeyebrowx I did my duty, but I thought this week was the toughest poll of the season. At least I didn't pull the trigger until after the Jax State game.xscanx

Makes you wonder how many voters we lost due to the short voting window. Also would be interested in how many "lost rights" voters took the time to vote in this last critical vote.

To the 44 who did vote, WE SALUTE YOU! xbowxxbowx

WileECoyote06
November 22nd, 2010, 09:48 AM
Jacksonville State got the hammer in my poll. I'm surprised they are in the top ten. Two losses in three games; and although both losses were on the road. . .neither were within a touchdown.

As far as Lehigh, seven wins in a row is impressive.

smallcollegefbfan
November 22nd, 2010, 09:52 AM
Jacksonville State got the hammer in my poll. I'm surprised they are in the top ten. Two losses in three games; and although both losses were on the road. . .neither were within a touchdown.

As far as Lehigh, seven wins in a row is impressive.

Only reason I had JSU ahead of SEMO in mine was because they won and I considered their whole season. They did beat Ole Miss and had a streak going.

As for Lehigh winning seven in a row look at who they beat. They shouldn't be top 20 and I barely have them in my top 25. They can't play with the top 15 teams. I saw Villanova against them and Lehigh didn't look anywhere close to a top 15 team.

WileECoyote06
November 22nd, 2010, 09:56 AM
Only reason I had JSU ahead of SEMO in mine was because they won and I considered their whole season. They did beat Ole Miss and had a streak going.

As for Lehigh winning seven in a row look at who they beat. They shouldn't be top 20 and I barely have them in my top 25. They can't play with the top 15 teams. I saw Villanova against them and Lehigh didn't look anywhere close to a top 15 team.

They are number 17, which is higher than I voted them. But with the number of teams that lost who were probably just ahead of them (Montana, Richmond, UMass, Liberty, Chattanooga); they probably ascended by default.

smallcollegefbfan
November 22nd, 2010, 10:06 AM
They are number 17, which is higher than I voted them. But with the number of teams that lost who were probably just ahead of them (Montana, Richmond, UMass, Liberty, Chattanooga); they probably ascended by default.

That is probably why but I try to look at the whole season and how well certain teams did. If the number 23 team loses in overtime by 3 to the number 2 team I won't drop them but instead usually move them up a few spots. Most voters see a loss and automatically drop them.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 22nd, 2010, 10:07 AM
This is a joke... I don't even have Lehigh ranked in my poll and I'm not being an anti-homer either. They are just not capable of playing WITH a good team... see Nova and UNH.

We can always count on you, P4L, for bulletin board material. Even when Lehigh's not playing Lafayette. Thanks! xlolx

WileECoyote06
November 22nd, 2010, 10:16 AM
That is probably why but I try to look at the whole season and how well certain teams did. If the number 23 team loses in overtime by 3 to the number 2 team I won't drop them but instead usually move them up a few spots. Most voters see a loss and automatically drop them.

I can dig it; and you're right, at this point these things balance themselves out (as I said earlier in the season). In the case of Lehigh, the rest of their season (seven wins in a row); doesn't negate the two early CAA losses, but it does balance them out. Look at how long it took them to even get in the top 25. They've paid their dues.

ngineer
November 22nd, 2010, 01:25 PM
I am amazed at how people can rationalize what they want. Basing a team's evaluation on what they did the second week of September is ludicrous. Many teams get better as the season goes on (and some become downright stinky). The game at UNH was with the second string QB. No question that if Lehigh were to play either VU or UNH today, both games would be much closer. Your are what your record says you are and what you are doing now. To base final voting on games played 60 days ago makes no sense. And, yes, to not vote Lehigh at all in the poll is blatant anti-homerism or whatever you want to call it. You poor souls have to live another 363 days in purgatory, but at least you get to work on the sound system at Fishy Field for the next 9 months.

WMTribe90
November 22nd, 2010, 02:01 PM
JMU should be ranked in the top 25 for what its worth. They are 6-5 with wins over WM and VT. They lost several close games to ranked opponents.

mcveyrl
November 22nd, 2010, 03:54 PM
JMU should be ranked in the top 25 for what its worth. They are 6-5 with wins over WM and VT. They lost several close games to ranked opponents.

Yea, I didn't want to go all "homer" on this one, but I think so too. In the end it really doesn't matter, but we are one of the best 25 teams in the country.

Ivytalk
November 22nd, 2010, 04:44 PM

I guess it was the Mickey Matthews Factor.xcoolx

Ivytalk
November 22nd, 2010, 04:47 PM
I am amazed at how people can rationalize what they want. Basing a team's evaluation on what they did the second week of September is ludicrous. Many teams get better as the season goes on (and some become downright stinky). The game at UNH was with the second string QB. No question that if Lehigh were to play either VU or UNH today, both games would be much closer. Your are what your record says you are and what you are doing now. To base final voting on games played 60 days ago makes no sense. And, yes, to not vote Lehigh at all in the poll is blatant anti-homerism or whatever you want to call it. You poor souls have to live another 363 days in purgatory, but at least you get to work on the sound system at Fishy Field for the next 9 months.

ng, if Lehigh survives to fight against UD, send me a PM. Depending on the kickoff time, I might be able to make that game.xsmiley_wixxpeacex

wmmii
November 22nd, 2010, 04:54 PM

Agreed, think the emotional high of the VPI win ruined their season on top of the injuries.

Milktruck74
November 22nd, 2010, 08:16 PM

I would agree with you, but at this time of year alot of voters equate a top twenty-five ranking with playoff slots....even though they have nothing to do with each other. They dont want to rank a team that will not make the playoffs.

Throw the playoffs out, JMU would beat atleast 10 of the top 25 in head to head everytime, hence they should be a top 15 team.

aceinthehole
November 22nd, 2010, 08:27 PM

I think Lehigh is top-25, but probably down around 22. But how can RMU be ranked so low compared to the PL, Big South, MEAC, PFL, and Ivy league champs?

heath
November 23rd, 2010, 08:31 PM

Amen 90,which team in the 1st round would really want to play them?...NONE

soccerguy315
November 23rd, 2010, 08:36 PM
To base final voting on games played 60 days ago makes no sense.

when do the games start counting for the final poll? Is all of September off limits? October too?

Milktruck74
November 23rd, 2010, 10:31 PM
when do the games start counting for the final poll? Is all of September off limits? October too?

I hate the term "body of work". Maybe you can reward a team for their record some, but all I care about is....Can the team that school A puts on the field THIS WEEK beat the team that school B fields?

ngineer
November 23rd, 2010, 10:46 PM

No one said games in September are 'off limits'. The post was in response to voters who said they based their vote soley on games played in September with no consideration that the quality of a team in late November can be considerably different than as it started the season.