PDA

View Full Version : TSN Playoff Bracket Updated

FanofFCS
November 20th, 2010, 08:54 PM
Haley updated his bracket on The Sports Network. Seems to have 18 teams nailed and the last two spots up in the air.

TexasTerror
November 20th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Craig,

You really put Jacksonville in over North Dakota State? LOL!

You may want to change your name... ;)

Klandbulldog
November 20th, 2010, 09:12 PM
He has Montana in....correct me if I'm wrong but they don't have 7 D-1 wins, therefore they won't make it..

BlueHenSinfonian
November 20th, 2010, 09:13 PM
I like his projection.

FargoBison
November 20th, 2010, 09:15 PM
He has Montana in....correct me if I'm wrong but they don't have 7 D-1 wins, therefore they won't make it..

It is strongly encouraged. Plus they have zero quality wins. What a joke.

FargoBison
November 20th, 2010, 09:19 PM
He has UNI at UNH. Was he drunk when he put this together?

theasushow
November 20th, 2010, 09:19 PM
delaware as the top seed???? interesting....

straightshooter
November 20th, 2010, 09:21 PM
If Montana gets in this year, the selection committee will have sold its soul for the almighty dollar. MSU and EWU deserve to get in from the Big Sky this year. Montana doesn't. There are too many teams with 7 D-1 wins that should be considered before a team with only 6 D-1 wins - no matter who they are.

leatherneck177
November 20th, 2010, 09:58 PM
He has UNI at UNH. Was he drunk when he put this together?

I saw that one too, if he is serious that isn't much respect for the MVFC champion.

FargoBison
November 20th, 2010, 10:00 PM
I saw that one too, if he is serious that isn't much respect for the MVFC champion.

It isn't even that, UNI is going to outbid UNH by a country mile and UNH's facility issues are well known.

Dblue
November 20th, 2010, 10:09 PM
Why is Delaware 1 and William & Mary 4? Seems kinda' odd.

Cincy App
November 20th, 2010, 10:34 PM
The TSN columnist has struggled with his picks all season. I would expect better from TSN due to its otherwise strong coverage of FCS.

As others have noted, there is no way that (1) Delaware will be the #1 seed after losing today and (2) N. Iowa would play AT New Hampshire.

The Montana and Jacksonville picks are shaky but these are at least possible.

Nebuta
November 20th, 2010, 11:12 PM
That TSN bracket is sooo jacked up. UD#1? While W&M #4 seed?? I dont know about that. According to his bracket, Ga Southern would play App St if the Eagles were to win their play-in game. Yeah, they are close geographically, but I doubt that will happen and Wofford would be in the waiting, if they were to reach the semis as they arent on the other side of the bracket. I think the commitee would more likely spilt the conferences up a bit imho.

slostang
November 20th, 2010, 11:16 PM
If Montana gets in this year, the selection committee will have sold its soul for the almighty dollar. MSU and EWU deserve to get in from the Big Sky this year. Montana doesn't. There are too many teams with 7 D-1 wins that should be considered before a team with only 6 D-1 wins - no matter who they are.

Cal Poly does not have 7 DI wins but they have the same record as Montana at 7-4 and a win over Montana. I do not think that either should get in, but if Montana gets in and Cal Poly does not I will be p!ssed.

WIU02
November 20th, 2010, 11:20 PM
Cal Poly does not have 7 DI wins but they have the same record as Montana at 7-4 and a win over Montana. I do not think that either should get in, but if Montana gets in and Cal Poly does not I will be p!ssed.

Good point. Isn't the Montana AD the head of the committee? Notice how no Montana fans are on here gloating and going insane relative to other years. They're at home (because what else is there to do in Montana?) praying their AD pulls some B$ off.

Dblue
November 20th, 2010, 11:21 PM
That TSN bracket is sooo jacked up. UD#1? While W&M #4 seed?? I dont know about that. According to his bracket, Ga Southern would play App St if the Eagles were to win their play-in game. Yeah, they are close geographically, but I doubt that will happen and Wofford would be in the waiting, if they were to reach the semis as they arent on the other side of the bracket. I think the commitee would more likely spilt the conferences up a bit imho.

That can't happen according to the rules. Teams from the same conference cannot play each other unless each of them have played at least one game already.

JMUNJ08
November 21st, 2010, 12:43 AM
It isn't even that, UNI is going to outbid UNH by a country mile and UNH's facility issues are well known.

Yeah thats the easiest one without even opening the bids....

JMUNJ08
November 21st, 2010, 12:47 AM
A team like Montana/Cal Poly who are 7-4 with only 6 D1 wins cannot be put ahead of all D1 schedules that are 6-5. UR and UMass have 6 D1 wins, quality wins but a Loss to a FBS team instead of a cupcake D2 game like Montana. Therefore, does Montana really look better? Answer is an emphatic NO but I'm afraid we are all going to be unhappy when they appear at 10am with a home game......

ToTheLeft
November 21st, 2010, 12:49 AM
If the Griz get in, it's $$$. Plain and simple. Cal Poly, JMU, Richmond, UMass all belong in ahead of them (not in that order, just saying, those teams belong in ahead of them).

Poly's Brutality
November 21st, 2010, 12:53 AM
With Davis beating Sac State, and Montana losing their last game like that, you would have to wonder why Cal Poly would not be picked over Montana, if either of them are more than serious consideration in view of today's other results.

molly
November 21st, 2010, 12:54 AM
That can't happen according to the rules. Teams from the same conference cannot play each other unless each of them have played at least one game already.

Incorrect. Conference teams can play each other as long it's not the first game for both of them.

mtbigdog
November 21st, 2010, 08:43 AM
Montana does not deserve to be there this year,and if they are,I would be extremely embarrassed.Hopefully it doesn't boil down to money.The only teams from the BSC should be kitties and ewoo