PDA

View Full Version : Why Not Wofford as a seed?

drpnut
November 20th, 2010, 07:10 PM
if Jax St. does lose, then does Wofford get looked at as a seed, possibly no. 5?

walliver
November 20th, 2010, 07:12 PM
It would be nice, but, without a quality OOC win, we should be satisfied with a first round bye - unless we get woffed out of that.

Edge316007
November 20th, 2010, 07:14 PM
A case could be made, but I agree with walliver. They need a quality OOC win.

jmufan999
November 20th, 2010, 07:23 PM
if Jax St. does lose, then does Wofford get looked at as a seed, possibly no. 5?

i believe they not only deserve the #5 seed, but they will actually GET that seed as well.

TypicalTribe
November 20th, 2010, 08:00 PM
i believe they not only deserve the #5 seed, but they will actually GET that seed as well.

Of the following, who would you slot them ahead of:

ASU
EWU
MSU
SFA
W&M
UD

I think everything has broken right for them to get a home game, but I think a seed is just a little bit out of reach.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 20th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Of the following, who would you slot them ahead of:

ASU
EWU
MSU
SFA
W&M
UD

I think everything has broken right for them to get a home game, but I think a seed is just a little bit out of reach.

I would put them ahead of W&M and EWU.

soccerguy315
November 20th, 2010, 09:01 PM

based on quality wins?

woffordgrad94
November 20th, 2010, 09:32 PM
Wofford will not be a seed, and after the beating we took in Boone, I don't think we really deserve one to be quite honest. Given our history in the playoffs, I would be surprised if we even get a home game at all, although a case could be made for that given our strong bounceback win against a good Chattanooga team that also had a lot to play for.

TypicalTribe
November 20th, 2010, 09:43 PM
Wofford will not be a seed, and after the beating we took in Boone, I don't think we really deserve one to be quite honest. Given our history in the playoffs, I would be surprised if we even get a home game at all, although a case could be made for that given our strong bounceback win against a good Chattanooga team that also had a lot to play for.

I think it would be a crime for the Terriers not to get a home game especially given the overall weakness of the likely playoff field.

walliver
November 20th, 2010, 09:46 PM
I think it would be a crime for the Terriers not to get a home game especially given the overall weakness of the likely playoff field.

With likely 2 MEAC teams, maybe 2 Big South teams, an NEC team, and possibly even a PFL team, simply "making the playoffs" has lost a lot of its luster.

TypicalTribe
November 20th, 2010, 09:48 PM
With likely 2 MEAC teams, maybe 2 Big South teams, an NEC team, and possibly even a PFL team, simply "making the playoffs" has lost a lot of its luster.

THat's the downside of going to 20 teams. Doesn't seem like much of an expansion, but the dilution is obvious.

bullseye44
November 20th, 2010, 10:42 PM
THat's the downside of going to 20 teams. Doesn't seem like much of an expansion, but the dilution is obvious.

This would have been a really interesting year to have had a 16 team playoff. You figure most years of 16 teams, there was maybe one 7-4 team in the field every 3 years or so. This year there probably would've been 3 or 4. Such parity this year - should make for some exciting playoff matchups. I think a big advantage goes to the home teams across the board with such seemingly equal teams near the top.

Longhorn
November 21st, 2010, 02:40 AM

That's a joke, right?

CAAisBOSS
November 21st, 2010, 03:34 AM
simple rule... lose by 30 to any team... not a top 10 team.

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2010, 04:15 AM
simple rule... lose by 30 to any team... not a top 10 team.

Exactly.