PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Southern

gsueagle2424
November 20th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Just want your opinions on if we are in or not. We ended the year with a three game winning steak over App., WCU, and Furman. finished the season 7-4 with one loss being against bowl eligible Navy by only 6 points. Chatty is going down hard right now to wofford which should put us 3rd in the conference with chatty being ineligible.

millwoga1
November 20th, 2010, 04:57 PM
You are in - and you welcome

TypicalTribe
November 20th, 2010, 04:59 PM
Absolutely in given the other losses that have gone on today. Seems to me that a 1st round matchup with a MEAC team (most likely SCSU) is a no-brainer.

Milktruck74
November 20th, 2010, 05:00 PM
I want to see you guys there. I think the committee has to take a long hard look at a 3rd SoCon teams. The way you are tuned up right now, this team could make things interesting.

R3TRO
November 20th, 2010, 05:02 PM
In.

Milktruck74
November 20th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Absolutely in given the other losses that have gone on today. Seems to me that a 1st round matchup with a MEAC team (most likely SCSU) is a no-brainer.

based on a few of the projections out there, I think you could host SCSU then ride Jax State right into the quarters????? Hmmmmm!!!

MarchingMountaineer
November 20th, 2010, 05:06 PM
GSU is in. It's one of the easier decisions the committee has to make tonight.

hippy@GSU
+1 Gracias, Wofford.

eaglesrback
We wont get in, But it's been a fun ride.

Skjellyfetti
November 20th, 2010, 05:11 PM
GEORGIA SOUTHERN'S BACK

and I really hope y'all are on our side of the bracket. xmadx

SuperEagle
November 20th, 2010, 05:12 PM
I want to see you guys there. I think the committee has to take a long hard look at a 3rd SoCon teams. The way you are tuned up right now, this team could make things interesting.
Thanks. I was shocked at your score today. I was hoping you guys would do well too. I didn't think 4 SOCON teams would get in so I hoped you would lose a close one, but I didn't expect it to end up like it did. Overall though, you guys had a heck of a year so congrats. BTW, the kid that blocked the punt played HS ball for a coach that I am really good friends with. He said he is a heck of a kid and obviously a talented player.

inpsite1919
November 20th, 2010, 05:15 PM

"IF we do get in SCSU ( CO MEAC Champs) I think we will be slated against Wofford unless they get a Bye.

gsueagle2424
November 20th, 2010, 05:32 PM
We wont get in, But it's been a fun ride.

Just curious why you don't thing we will be in?

chattanoogamocs
November 20th, 2010, 05:44 PM
What are y'all thanking Wofford for?

...you should be thanking Chattanooga's Defense :)

And I agree, enough bubble teams have lost to get you guys in (IMO).

Kudos to the Terriers, they straight up whupped the Mocs today...Chattanooga will be back next year, only 10 seniors and only a few were starters. I think most Moc fans can't be too upset, this is further along than most of us would have expected in year two.

Ivytalk
November 20th, 2010, 09:27 PM
In, baby!xhurrayxxthumbsupx

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 20th, 2010, 09:34 PM
We're in. Book it.

Thought we were toast against Furman, but apparantly Furman wanted to lose more than us so we came out on top (yeah, it was that kind of a game).

And I'd like to thank the ankle-biters for making us all but a lock. I guess it's only fair after we gave you a shot to win the SoCon outright. ;)

GaSouthern
November 20th, 2010, 09:37 PM
GEORGIA SOUTHERN'S BACK

and I really hope y'all are on our side of the bracket. xmadx

No thanks, we'll hopefully see you in Texas. :D

In, baby!xhurrayxxthumbsupx

May we please have a home and home with Harvard over the next few years? :)

phoenix3
November 20th, 2010, 10:29 PM
Definately in. Congratulations on your come back year!

parr90
November 20th, 2010, 10:37 PM
Definately in. Congratulations on your come back year!

Thank Wofford? Please! I just cant do that and I hope we get to play them again. Dont care to play App again though.

Eagle22
November 20th, 2010, 11:17 PM
Photos I took from the GSU-Furman game earlier today (well, 11/20/10)

http://www.gsufans.com/media/2010/gsuvsfurman112010/index.htm

Baldy
November 20th, 2010, 11:35 PM
Photos I took from the GSU-Furman game earlier today (well, 11/20/10)

http://www.gsufans.com/media/2010/gsuvsfurman112010/index.htm

WOW...musta been at least 10 pics of Russell being held in that set alone. xnonox