PDA

View Full Version : Who is in and who is out after today?

smcwildcat
November 20th, 2010, 04:11 PM
caa shaped up a little with unh win and umass lost...whats the deal now in terms of play-off picture overall?

ToTheLeft
November 20th, 2010, 04:15 PM
1. UD
2. Wofford
3. SEMO St.
4. EWU
5. UNH
6. WIU
7. Nova
8. GSU

NDSU?
SCSU?
CCSU?
Dayton/JU?
LU with a win?

Montana Lost.
FAMU losing.
Richmond losing.
Chatty losing.
McNeese losing/SFA winning.

WIU02
November 20th, 2010, 04:16 PM
I think maybe, just maybe WIU snuck in. With a NDSU loss, they leap frogged over them and stand alone at 2nd in the MVC. Plus, they just beat the MVC champs. Also, the committee now has to boot Montana who they have a legitimate hard on for...thus opening a spot. If the committee gives two bids to the MVC, WIU gets in.

WIU02
November 20th, 2010, 04:18 PM
1. UD
2. Wofford
3. SEMO St.
4. EWU
5. UNH
6. WIU
7. Nova
8. GSU

NDSU?
SCSU?
CCSU?
Dayton/JU?
LU with a win?

Montana Lost.
FAMU losing.
Richmond losing.
Chatty losing.
McNeese losing/SFA winning.

NDSU is out. Lost the head to head matchup against WIU, and finished with a worse conference record.

NDSUFREAK
November 20th, 2010, 04:21 PM
NDSU is out. Lost the head to head matchup against WIU, and finished with a worse conference record.

what about three MVFC teams? All of NDSU's wins are against DI teams PLUS a win against Big 12 Kansas (no matter what their record its still Big 12). Plus NDSU can out bid anyone and put butts in the seats for a playoff game.

Thoughts?

TypicalTribe
November 20th, 2010, 04:30 PM
what about three MVFC teams? All of NDSU's wins are against DI teams PLUS a win against Big 12 Kansas (no matter what their record its still Big 12). Plus NDSU can out bid anyone and put butts in the seats for a playoff game.

Thoughts?

4 conference losses is really tough to get past and not sure how the committee can take a team that lost 3-0 to a mediocre team to close out the season.

I think SCSU and WIU are in. I think there's one spot up for grabs and Liberty, Jacksonville and maybe Sac State have a shot.

Gordon Shumway
November 20th, 2010, 04:32 PM
I think we are going to learn a lot tomorrow morning about how much the NCAA values the money side.

DSUrocks07
November 20th, 2010, 04:42 PM

Thoughts?

Just might be the reason that SC State gets in as well.

NDSUFREAK
November 20th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Just might be the reason that SC State gets in as well.

NDSU wipes them out with the advantage in bidding...not completely sure what the step by step process is for bidding but few schools can outbid NDSU. 4 conference losses is big but the MVFC was just a big **** show for the most part with the teams

FargoBison
November 20th, 2010, 04:58 PM
4 conference losses is really tough to get past and not sure how the committee can take a team that lost 3-0 to a mediocre team to close out the season.

I think SCSU and WIU are in. I think there's one spot up for grabs and Liberty, Jacksonville and maybe Sac State have a shot.

They aren't putting 6 DI win team in over a 7 DI win team. Sac St is done. Plus Montana beat them if you want to start talking 6 DI win teams.

TypicalTribe
November 20th, 2010, 05:02 PM
They aren't putting 6 DI win team in over a 7 DI win team. Sac St is done. Plus Montana beat them if you want to start talking 6 DI win teams.

I agree. I think it's Liberty or Jacksonville.

ming01
November 20th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Sac State is done. Montana is more than likely done. Jacksonville and Dayton will not get in. Theres about 3 spots left for 5 teams. With Richmond about to lose NDSU will get in

inpsite1919
November 20th, 2010, 05:03 PM
NDSU wipes them out with the advantage in bidding...not completely sure what the step by step process is for bidding but few schools can outbid NDSU. 4 conference losses is big but the MVFC was just a big **** show for the most part with the teams

Just was wondering what was your basis for your post. Do you write the checks.

NDSUFREAK
November 20th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Just was wondering what was your basis for your post. Do you write the checks.

many other posters, that aren't BISON fans would agree with that. NDSU could and probably did put a bid together that would ensure a home game in Fargo if the BISON were admitted into the playoffs. Only other schools I think that could do better is Georgia Southern, Montana, App State, Delaware, James Madison, UNI etc...

ming01
November 20th, 2010, 05:07 PM
NDSU has too good of a resume to not get in. Better resume then McNeese, Georgia Southern, Liberty, Jacksonville and Dayton

TypicalTribe
November 20th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Autos:
LU
RMU
JSU
SBU or CCU
W&M
SFA
MSU
UNI
BCC
ASU

At-large:
UD
UNH
Nova
Wofford
GSU
WIU
SCSU
EWU
SEMO

That's 19 spots, IMO. Liberty or Jacksonville seem to be the best bets. I know NDSU has 7 wins, but four conference losses and losing 3-0 to close the season will be really hard for the committee to get past.

FargoBison
November 20th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Autos:
LU
RMU
JSU
SBU or CCU
W&M
SFA
MSU
UNI
BCC
ASU

At-large:
UD
UNH
Nova
Wofford
GSU
WIU
SCSU
EWU
SEMO

That's 19 spots, IMO. Liberty or Jacksonville seem to be the best bets. I know NDSU has 7 wins, but four conference losses and losing 3-0 to close the season will be really hard for the committee to get past.

Beating KU helps though, that is win that liberty and Jacksonville can't match. It is a real toss up and depends what the committee wants to place value on.

No_Skill
November 20th, 2010, 05:13 PM
What value gets placed on the win at Kansas?

TypicalTribe
November 20th, 2010, 05:14 PM
NDSU has too good of a resume to not get in. Better resume then McNeese, Georgia Southern, Liberty, Jacksonville and Dayton

But their resume really isn't that great. After the Kansas win, they only beat one team with a winning record and that team finished 6-5 with 4 DI wins. THere's really not a lot there.

eaglesrthe1
November 20th, 2010, 05:15 PM
The biggest drawback to NDSU, wouldn't they be the 2nd 7-4 team from the MVFC?

ming01
Autos:
LU
RMU
JSU
SBU or CCU
W&M
SFA
MSU
UNI
BCC
ASU

At-large:
UD
UNH
Nova
Wofford
GSU
WIU
SCSU
EWU
SEMO

you clueless to not have NDSU in the convo. No way Liberty or Jacksonville gets in over NDSU

FargoBison
But their resume really isn't that great. After the Kansas win, they only beat one team with a winning record and that team finished 6-5 with 4 DI wins. THere's really not a lot there.

Liberty has a bunch of great wins? I must have missed them.

Jacksonville is the age old question about a PFL team getting in by beating absolutely nobody.

FargoBison
November 20th, 2010, 05:16 PM
The biggest drawback to NDSU, wouldn't they be the 2nd 7-4 team from the MVFC?

Third all the MVFC teams just beat up on each other.

Klandbulldog
November 20th, 2010, 05:18 PM
No particular order....

1 * Delaware CAA
2 * Appalachian State SoCon
3 * Eastern Washington BSC
4 * Stephen F. Austin SLC
5 * Jacksonville State OVC
6 * Northern Iowa MVFC
7 * Bethune-Cookman MEAC
8 * Robert Morris NEC
9 * Lehigh PL
10 * Liberty Big South
11 Villanova CAA
12 Wofford SoCon
13 Southeast Missouri State OVC
14 Ga Southern SoCon
15 W&M CAA
16 New Hampshire CAA
17 Montana State BSC
18 South Carolina St. MEAC
19 Jacksonville PFL
20 Dayton PFL

FargoBison
November 20th, 2010, 05:19 PM
No particular order....

1 * Delaware CAA
6 * Northern Iowa MVFC
7 * Bethune-Cookman MEAC
8 * Robert Morris NEC
9 * Lehigh PL
10 * Liberty Big South
11 Villanova CAA
12 Wofford SoCon
14 Ga Southern SoCon
15 W&M CAA
16 New Hampshire CAA
17 Montana State BSC
19 Jacksonville PFL
20 Dayton PFL

Two PFL teams, I want what you're smoking....

seattlespider
November 20th, 2010, 05:19 PM
FAMU may be making a case with (apparently) a nice win today. Of course, they have one hideous loss.

Squealofthepig
November 20th, 2010, 05:28 PM
I agree that NDSU should be in, but I wouldn't start kicking Liberty to do it; Liberty's 27-10 win over 4-8 Ball State is at least on par with NDSU's 3-0 win over 3-8 Kansas.

FargoBison
November 20th, 2010, 05:31 PM
I agree that NDSU should be in, but I wouldn't start kicking Liberty to do it; Liberty's 27-10 win over 4-8 Ball State is at least on par with NDSU's 3-0 win over 3-8 Kansas.

I'd take NDSU simply on SOS and the fact that I don't think the Big South deserves two teams in. KU is a bit better than Ball St, but not by much though. KU at least beat Georgia Tech.

gsu_paintballer
November 20th, 2010, 05:32 PM
You guys are a lot more confident about GSU than I am.

I guess I'm still stinging from 2007

ming01
November 20th, 2010, 05:32 PM
No particular order....

1 * Delaware CAA
6 * Northern Iowa MVFC
7 * Bethune-Cookman MEAC
8 * Robert Morris NEC
9 * Lehigh PL
10 * Liberty Big South
11 Villanova CAA
12 Wofford SoCon
14 Ga Southern SoCon
15 W&M CAA
16 New Hampshire CAA
17 Montana State BSC
19 Jacksonville PFL
20 Dayton PFL

Jacksonville and Dayton. LOL

eaglesrthe1
November 20th, 2010, 05:33 PM
3rd 7-4 team? I don't know about that, I'd have to say I doubt it.

BigSouthFB
November 20th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Here is the difference in NDSU vs. Liberty's resumes:

NDSU has two losses to non playoff mediocre teams ISU and MSU
LU has a loss to playoff teams robert morris and CCU and a loss to JMU who is normally a decent CAA team. I think liberty finally gets the nod if it comes down to these two. CCU doesn't deserve it but unfortunately you can still make the playoffs while giving towson their only win of the season.

NDSUFREAK
November 20th, 2010, 05:35 PM
You guys are a lot more confident about GSU than I am.

I guess I'm still stinging from 2007

Georgia southern deserves it much more than having two PFL teams in. Plus its all about the money

FargoBison
November 20th, 2010, 05:37 PM

LU has a loss to playoff teams robert morris and CCU and a loss to JMU who is normally a decent CAA team. I think liberty finally gets the nod if it comes down to these two. CCU doesn't deserve it but unfortunately you can still make the playoffs while giving towson their only win of the season.

RMU is in the playoffs but they lost to Bryant and Dayton, CCU is very average. Lets not get carried away.

NDSUFREAK
November 20th, 2010, 05:44 PM
Western Illinois has 7 DI wins...right?

eaglesrthe1
November 20th, 2010, 05:44 PM
If Montana gets in, then there will be at least 1 team that got woffed. I didn't know that WIU only had 6 div1 wins, they are out too.

Edit: WIU has 7 div1 wins. Pay attention C.

SoCalAg
November 20th, 2010, 05:46 PM
I think NDSU is out. The loss today makes them look real bad. 0 points in a playoff clincher does not look good on the resume and neither does 4 Conference losses.

Edge316007
November 20th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Face it: some precedents are going to be broken tonight.

I Bleed Purple
November 20th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Folks, Western Illinois simply is not going to get in with SIX D-I wins. The committee is in a tough spot with Montana not having seven D-I wins and the Montana AD serving as the committee chairman. If they pick Montana, Cal Poly has a huge argument about getting in with six D-I wins (Cal Poly beat Montana head-to-head and also beat McNeese State on the road). North Dakota State might survive at 7-4, but the Bison really put themselves on the bubble with the loss to Missouri State. Only one team with six wins has EVER earned an at-large bid, Idaho as the second-place Big Sky team in 1995.

If you make that argument, Weber deserves consideration, too, beating Montana and having 6 D-I wins. 5-3 conference record. The two BCS league games really hurt this year.

NDSUFREAK
November 20th, 2010, 05:52 PM
McNeese State loses...HUGE for NDSU and getting into the playoffs...its looking better and better with outside help.

TexasTerror
November 20th, 2010, 06:02 PM
McNeese State loses...HUGE for NDSU and getting into the playoffs...its looking better and better with outside help.

McNeese was not going to make a difference, one SFA beat NWST...

McNeese did not have enough wins either way... the problem would be if the AQ went to someone besides SFA, then the SLC would have a second bid because SFA would've gone regardless...

Bison_Kent
November 20th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Western Illinois played an entirely DI schedule so the do have 7 DI wins. I think they will be in as the second team from the MVFC. I also think the loss for UNI will result in them hosting a first round game next week.

FargoBison
Locks(18)Autos are bolded...
Delaware
RMU
UNH
W&M
Montana St
EWU
UNI
WIU
CCU
Bethune-Cookman
Jacksonville St
SEMO
GSU
Wofford
App St
SFA
Nova
Lehigh

Bubble
SCSU
NDSU
Liberty
Jacksonville
Dayton
CCSU
FAMU

leatherneck177
Folks, Western Illinois simply is not going to get in with SIX D-I wins. The committee is in a tough spot with Montana not having seven D-I wins and the Montana AD serving as the committee chairman. If they pick Montana, Cal Poly has a huge argument about getting in with six D-I wins (Cal Poly beat Montana head-to-head and also beat McNeese State on the road). North Dakota State might survive at 7-4, but the Bison really put themselves on the bubble with the loss to Missouri State. Only one team with six wins has EVER earned an at-large bid, Idaho as the second-place Big Sky team in 1995.

You're right, IF they had 6, they have 7.

leatherneck177
November 20th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Western played a full D-I schedule.

ming01
November 20th, 2010, 06:15 PM

NDSU plays in a better conference, has an FBS win and a much better bid... NDSU is in

ToTheLeft
November 20th, 2010, 06:19 PM
AQ's:

William and Mary
Montana State
Bethune Cookman
App State
Northern Iowa
Lehigh
Robert Morris
Coastal Carolina
Stephen F Austin
Jacksonville State

AL's:

Locks/Very Likely In:
EWU
Delaware
Villanova
New Hampshire
Western Illinois
Wofford
SEMO
GA Southern

That's 8

Then you need to pick 2 from:

NDSU, SCSU, FAMU, Liberty, ODU, Jacksonville, Dayton, CCSU, Duquense, Colgate

NDSU- FBS win, tougher conference, worse conference record, questionable losses
LU- FBS win, weak conference, good conference record ("Co-Champs"), somewhat questionable losses (2 to playoff teams, 1 to 6-5 JMU)
SCSU/FAMU- No OOC wins other than 0-11 MVSU, Worst conference in FCS, but SCSU has name and $$ behind them.
JU/Dayton- Quality vs. Quantity Does the committee want more wins, or wins over decent teams?
CCSU/Duquense- Could be the "Maine" this year, a team no one really expected, but that sneaks in due to the committee favoring certain accomplishments
Colgate- Can't see them getting in
ODU- Tough to see them in, as well

LU played an all DI schedule and an FBS team. Same with NDSU and FAMU. Those things are mentioned in the Criteria in the Handbook. FAMU lost their FBS game, while NDSU and LU won.

I am biased towards LU, but I think the Flames and Bison are the last two in, with Jacksonville the last team out.

Waco Kid
November 20th, 2010, 06:21 PM
Locks(18)Autos are bolded...
Delaware
RMU
UNH
W&M
Montana St
EWU
UNI
WIU
CCU
Bethune-Cookman
Jacksonville St
SEMO
GSU
Wofford
App St
SFA
Nova
Lehigh

Bubble
SCSU
NDSU
Liberty
Jacksonville
Dayton
CCSU
FAMU

If the above are truely locks then I'd say SCSU and either Liberty or NDSU. Sorry JU but non-schollys don't make it in.

B&G
November 20th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Could we see Liberty squeezed out for a 2nd straight season?

Bogus Megapardus
November 20th, 2010, 06:36 PM
Please try not to use "LU" in these posts. To me and most others in FCS it means Lehigh but I assume you mean Liberty. Just type out Lehigh or Liberty. It's a lot less confusing. Especially if Lehigh plays Liberty, which could happen.

ToTheLeft
November 20th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Please try not to use "LU" in these posts. To me and most others in FCS it means Lehigh but I assume you mean Liberty. Just type out Lehigh or Liberty. It's a lot less confusing. Especially if Lehigh plays Liberty, which could happen.

Forgot about that. LIB is good for Liberty, as well. We'll concede LU to Lehigh since they've been around a bit longer. ;-)

ToTheLeft
November 20th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Could we see Liberty squeezed out for a 2nd straight season?

Eh, I dunno if we're being squeezed out as much as we played ourselves out and couldn't squeeze back in.

leatherneck177
November 20th, 2010, 07:20 PM
AQ's:

William and Mary
Montana State
Bethune Cookman
App State
Northern Iowa
Lehigh
Robert Morris
Coastal Carolina
Stephen F Austin
Jacksonville State

AL's:

Locks/Very Likely In:
EWU
Delaware
Villanova
New Hampshire
Western Illinois
Wofford
SEMO
GA Southern

That's 8

NDSU- FBS win, tougher conference, worse conference record, questionable losses
LU- FBS win, weak conference, good conference record ("Co-Champs"), somewhat questionable losses (2 to playoff teams, 1 to 6-5 JMU)
SCSU/FAMU- No OOC wins other than 0-11 MVSU, Worst conference in FCS, but SCSU has name and $$ behind them.
JU/Dayton- Quality vs. Quantity Does the committee want more wins, or wins over decent teams?
CCSU/Duquense- Could be the "Maine" this year, a team no one really expected, but that sneaks in due to the committee favoring certain accomplishments
Colgate- Can't see them getting in
ODU- Tough to see them in, as well

LU played an all DI schedule and an FBS team. Same with NDSU and FAMU. Those things are mentioned in the Criteria in the Handbook. FAMU lost their FBS game, while NDSU and LU won.

I am biased towards LU, but I think the Flames and Bison are the last two in, with Jacksonville the last team out.

Nice breakdown. I've got to go with NDSU and Liberty as the two getting in. NDSU played through the meat grinder of the MVFC and got the nice FBS win at Kansas, which saved their season before they even knew it.

I have been impressed with Liberty's competitiveness OOC and I believe they sneak in this year.

semoredhawk
November 20th, 2010, 07:27 PM
Update: SEMO is the AQ from the OVC, JSU lost to TTU, which makes SEMO the AQ from the OVC.

F'N Hawks
November 20th, 2010, 07:30 PM
NDSU plays in a better conference, has an FBS win and a much better bid... NDSU is in

NDSU beat one team with a winning record and that was Indiana State.

Drblankstare
November 20th, 2010, 07:34 PM
But we beat KANSAS, I mean cmon.xlmaoxxlmaox

GaSouthern
November 20th, 2010, 07:42 PM
I hope NDSU and SCSTATE make it.

rabbit101
November 20th, 2010, 07:57 PM
But we beat KANSAS, I mean cmon.xlmaoxxlmaox

and james madison beat va tech and south dakota beat the gophers.

Redhawk2010
November 20th, 2010, 08:00 PM

And Jacksonville State beat Ole Miss..

GaSouthern
November 20th, 2010, 08:04 PM
And Georgia southern beat navy......ohhhh wait. :(

walliver
November 20th, 2010, 08:10 PM
And Georgia southern beat navy......ohhhh wait. :(

But you did beat Savannah State ... They're just as good aren't they?

VBR_Productions

We have eight D1 wins but we lost to the best three teams we played - W&M, Cal-Poly and Jacksonville. Without signature wins as an independent, we don't belong in the playoffs.

SoCalAg
And Davis beat San Jose St.....

ToTheLeft
November 20th, 2010, 08:13 PM
And Liberty beat Ball State, something OVC champ SEMO couldn't do. :)

ToTheLeft
November 20th, 2010, 08:14 PM
We have eight D1 wins but we lost to the best three teams we played - W&M, Cal-Poly and Jacksonville. Without signature wins as an independent, we don't belong in the playoffs.

I agree, but you guys are eligible.

GaSouthern
November 20th, 2010, 08:18 PM
But you did beat Savannah State ... They're just as good aren't they?

well of course!!!!

SalukiJim
November 20th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Update: SEMO is the AQ from the OVC, JSU lost to TTU, which makes SEMO the AQ from the OVC.

Congrats to the folks from Cape! Is that your first conference title? I thought channel 12 had something about them not winning conference (at least since before the D-II days)?

Redhawk2010
November 20th, 2010, 08:59 PM
Congrats to the folks from Cape! Is that your first conference title? I thought channel 12 had something about them not winning conference (at least since before the D-II days)?

First OVC Conference Championship in football and first playoff appearance in football school history! It's been a fun year..

JUDolphins
November 20th, 2010, 09:03 PM
Personally, how can you take NDSU at 4-4 in MVFC play is beyond me...putting up 0 points in a clincher game too...I think the NDSU is done.

I think JU is in. Liberty had its chance and blew it with the loss to Coastal. That loss to RMU is tough to overcome.

It may come down to JU vs. SC state for the last spot.

FargoBison
November 20th, 2010, 09:04 PM
Personally, how can you take NDSU at 4-4 in MVFC play is beyond me...putting up 0 points in a clincher game too...I think the NDSU is done.

I think JU is in. Liberty had its chance and blew it with the loss to Coastal. That loss to RMU is tough to overcome.

It may come down to JU vs. SC state for the last spot.

The Bison defense gave up 3 points, the weather played a role in the score. Sorry but a team that beat nobody and played hardly anybody shouldn't make it. It is between NDSU and Liberty for the final spot.

JUDolphins
November 20th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Your right...the defense gave up 3 points...the offense produced ZERO. You beat Kansas and then couldn't beat anyone in your league. Heck, James Madison would get in at 6-5 before NDSU in my opinion - they beat Virginia Tech.

FargoBison
November 20th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Your right...the defense gave up 3 points...the offense produced ZERO. You beat Kansas and then couldn't beat anyone in your league. Heck, James Madison would get in at 6-5 before NDSU in my opinion - they beat Virginia Tech.

Like I said it was windy. I'm definitely embarassed about the offense but JU or any PFL doesn't even belong in the discussion. Step up and beat somebody, then talk.

TypicalTribe
November 20th, 2010, 09:11 PM
I think we're seeing how big a difference there is between 16 and 20 teams. There's only two more at-larges but than in previous years but clearly there aren't enough eligible teams that really belong in the field.

RabidRabbit
November 20th, 2010, 09:13 PM

NDSU @ Mo St are both 4-4 in MVFC play. Still only .500 in conference play. Does a win over an FBS, especially a BCS team, make them worthy of getting in? We'll know tomorrow.

JUDolphins
November 20th, 2010, 09:13 PM
NDSU had its chance to lock up the bid against an "inferior" team. To lose to a 3-7 team with a playoff spot on the line shows they don't deserve to be in.

FargoBison
November 20th, 2010, 09:17 PM
NDSU had its chance to lock up the bid against an "inferior" team. To lose to a 3-7 team with a playoff spot on the line shows they don't deserve to be in.

MSU is 5-6 and undefeated at home. Do you even know what you are talking about or are you just some troll......

NoCoDanny
November 20th, 2010, 09:30 PM

Hey, didn't you hear it was windy!

JUDolphins
November 20th, 2010, 09:38 PM
I know...it's windy...Missouri State is the best 5-6 team in the country...yada yada yada.

All NDSU needs was 1 win...and they didn't get it. That is going to weigh a lot on the committee.

SoCalAg
November 20th, 2010, 09:40 PM
UC Davis eliminates its second team in a week, winning the 57th Causeway Classic, 17-16, over Sac State in a pouring thunderstorm. Game was delayed 40 minutes because of lightning over the stadium. There are A LOT of six win teams out west....you can add the Aggies to that list.

FargoBison
November 20th, 2010, 09:44 PM
I know...it's windy...Missouri State is the best 5-6 team in the country...yada yada yada.

All NDSU needs was 1 win...and they didn't get it. That is going to weigh a lot on the committee.

If we only could have played Marist or Campbell or Valpo to get that eighth win but life is a bit tougher when you have to play real teams.

cpalum
November 20th, 2010, 09:52 PM
UC Davis eliminates its second team in a week, winning the 57th Causeway Classic, 17-16, over Sac State in a pouring thunderstorm. Game was delayed 40 minutes because of lightning over the stadium. There are A LOT of six win teams out west....you can add the Aggies to that list.

My hat is off to Davis they really played with tremendous heart the last two games. Pretty sure they wont get in but you guys have my vote.

Redhawk2010
November 20th, 2010, 09:53 PM
If we only could have played Marist or Campbell or Valpo to get that eighth win but life is a bit tougher when you have to play real teams.

You couldn't score against a team that gave up 72 to Murray State earlier in the season! Quit the excuses.

Squealofthepig
November 20th, 2010, 09:55 PM

Ah, the old "I reject your reality and substitute my own" meme.

Sorry you had to play a "real" team today in front of, what, 2,000 people in the scary confines in Springfield? On the off chance you make the playoffs, start writing up the excuses now!

Windy
Sun was in our eyes
We accidentally played with ten people all the time
They're actually the BEST PFL team ever
The refs were all relatives of Kenny Rogers
etc

The conversation about NDSU being a bubble team completely wouldn't exist until you found a way to not show up in Southwest Missouri. It staggered a lot of us - we thought you'd win, bid big and get a couple of home games. Now, we're (understandably) questioning if you should even make the field.

FargoBison
November 20th, 2010, 09:55 PM
You couldn't score against a team that gave up 72 to Murray State earlier in the season! Quit the excuses.

No excuses we sucked, but I'm not going to sit here and let some PFL run smack on my squad.

FargoBison
November 20th, 2010, 09:58 PM
Ah, the old "I reject your reality and substitute my own" meme.

Sorry you had to play a "real" team today in front of, what, 2,000 people in the scary confines in Springfield? On the off chance you make the playoffs, start writing up the excuses now!

Windy
Sun was in our eyes
We accidentally played with ten people all the time
They're actually the BEST PFL team ever
The refs were all relatives of Kenny Rogers
etc

The conversation about NDSU being a bubble team completely wouldn't exist until you found a way to not show up in Southwest Missouri. It staggered a lot of us - we thought you'd win, bid big and get a couple of home games. Now, we're (understandably) questioning if you should even make the field.

The only legit excuse we have is that our first two QBs were knocked out of the game. There was no way we were ever going to win that game big, we are all defense and a very limited offense. We don't win games big, we win ugly and we lose even uglier.

I'm sorry but I have no respect for the PFL and that is well documented ever since I joined this site. If you want to talk liberty vs NDSU then lets do it. But I don't respect schools that won't even step and play a tough schedule which is JU and Dayton.

WIU02
November 20th, 2010, 10:25 PM
Again, the main problem I see is the committee having their hands tied by attempting to send three MVFC teams to the post season with 7-4 records. The conference was down this year, even with a decent season from Indy State. NDSU has the Kansas game to hang their hat on, but after that...there's nothing, nadda, zip. If NDSU doesn't get in, you really shouldn't have any excuses. At the end of the day, the post season was there for the taking and you handed it to WIU.

FargoBison
November 20th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Again, the main problem I see is the committee having their hands tied by attempting to send three MVFC teams to the post season with 7-4 records. The conference was down this year, even with a decent season from Indy State. NDSU has the Kansas game to hang their hat on, but after that...there's nothing, nadda, zip. If NDSU doesn't get in, you really shouldn't have any excuses. At the end of the day, the post season was there for the taking and you handed it to WIU.

You guys were in with a win. We don't have any excuses and I won't complain as long as Montana doesn't make it.

leatherneck177
November 20th, 2010, 10:29 PM

It should go that way. I think that if NDSU had won, the MVFC would have got 3 teams in.

Squealofthepig
November 20th, 2010, 10:32 PM
The only legit excuse we have is that our first two QBs were knocked out of the game. There was no way we were ever going to win that game big, we are all defense and a very limited offense. We don't win games big, we win ugly and we lose even uglier.

I'm sorry but I have no respect for the PFL and that is well documented ever since I joined this site. If you want to talk liberty vs NDSU then lets do it. But I don't respect schools that won't even step and play a tough schedule which is JU and Dayton.

Well said, and I'd have NDSU in over Jacksonville and Dayton. And Duquesne and several others. Liberty/NDSU, I could argue either way, but my gut would say NDSU, as they have a few more wins the committee might regard as quality - but you never know what the committee is gonna do, and they might look at close losses to JMU and Robert Morris (both on the road, by a touchdown) and make a more qualitative judgment.

Again, I wish NDSU had won, as it clears some of the playoff picture up and would give more FCS fans to see what goes on at an NDSU home game. (And thanks for noting my smack was good-natured - rereading it it looked a bit meaner than I had intended).

WIU02
November 20th, 2010, 10:37 PM
You guys were in with a win. We don't have any excuses and I won't complain as long as Montana doesn't make it.

I don't know, man. If we win and you win...I believe you have the edge over us with an 8-3 record. I think we would be sitting on opposite sides of the fence, with us crossing our fingers to get in, and you guys in as a lock. Either way, I'd like to see three MVFC teams represented in the playoffs. I guess we'll have to wait until 9am cst tomorrow morning. I do agree that our conference, although down slightly this year, deserves an invite over a PFL team. No questions asked.

JUDolphins
November 20th, 2010, 10:42 PM
Of course, you're going to defend NDSU and I'm going to defend JU.

We played the schedule before us and lost only once. We beat the teams we were supposed to beat. I don't think NDSU can say the same - and that ultimately is the difference. Win the games you're supposed to win and you're in and we here in Florida are left to think about what might have been.

lehidude
November 20th, 2010, 11:09 PM
Don't worry, JU. I think you will be rewarded tomorrow. The committee always looks more at how a team finishes the year versus how it begins the year. NDSU could well draw 19,000 for their home game but if they're 1 and out as their recent play would indicate, what's the difference?

I think this convo would be a moot point if you played and beat Dayton......

VBR_Productions
November 20th, 2010, 11:19 PM
With the expanded playoffs I suspect the committee will give an at-large to a team that wouldn't have gotten the bid previously. That said, Hello Jacksonville! Just a gut feeling.

Gil Dobie
November 20th, 2010, 11:24 PM

Do they have 7 DI wins?

Squealofthepig
November 20th, 2010, 11:25 PM
With the expanded playoffs I suspect the committee will give an at-large to a team that wouldn't have gotten the bid previously. That said, Hello Jacksonville! Just a gut feeling.

I do hope that's not the criteria, though - giving the bid to someone because they haven't been there before just smacks of something or other. (Communism/sharing/other happy fuzzy things... wait, did I just say happy fuzzy communism?) Regardless, I hope the committee uses some decent criteria in evaluating all the bubble teams. Shame we'll never know what that will be, and the odds are a lot of us will be flabbergasted at some team's inclusion/exclusion tomorrow.

molly
November 20th, 2010, 11:54 PM
Do they have 7 DI wins?

does it matter? their guidelines make it clear it doesn't.