PDA

View Full Version : Setting Precedents For The NCAA Playoffs

Mr. C
November 20th, 2010, 12:06 AM
Here is a playoff primer from College Sporting News for those wanting to get ready for Saturday's FCS action:

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/content.php?326-Setting-Precedents-For-The-NCAA-Playoffs

Jackman
November 20th, 2010, 01:31 AM
Pretty sure he's got Sacramento State and Weber State in the wrong columns (re: ability to get 7 D-I wins).
Pretty sure he's also completely lost his mind regarding Towson beating New Hampshire, on the road no less.

UNHFootballAlum
November 20th, 2010, 01:32 AM
Wow! He is picking Towson to upset UNH? or is he just saying that UNH will not make the field even with a win tomorrow?

Jackman
November 20th, 2010, 01:36 AM
Jacksonville and non-AQ Liberty making the field ahead of 7-4 UNH would be even more insane, so I assumed he was picking a Towson upset ("any given Saturday...") in order to leave UNH out.

Wildcat80
November 20th, 2010, 03:02 AM
If UNH loses to Towson...I do not want to watch anymore. Hope we demo them.

Nebuta
November 20th, 2010, 05:23 AM
Wow! He is picking Towson to upset UNH? or is he just saying that UNH will not make the field even with a win tomorrow?

Yeah, has he seen the tigers play this year? Come'on MAN!!!! They are awful, NO WAY in hell thats going to happen. That game should be well in hand by the 2nd Quarter and UNH's front office should be done printing up playoff tickets. Making them available for purchase, prior to the fans leaving the game.

WrenFGun
November 20th, 2010, 06:59 AM
Here is a playoff primer from College Sporting News for those wanting to get ready for Saturday's FCS action:

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/content.php?326-Setting-Precedents-For-The-NCAA-Playoffs

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Did Towson move to the Socon or something?

Don't try to be realistic or anything.

NHwildEcat
November 20th, 2010, 07:31 AM
I don't think he is saying that UNH will lose to Towson...I think he is saying that Villanova is going to beat Delaware thus bumping UNH our of the final "at-large" spot. My feelings are that if we win we should be in based on our 4 out of the last 5 games with wins against ranked opponents...

We need to win first then we can wonder...

WrenFGun
November 20th, 2010, 07:44 AM
I don't think he is saying that UNH will lose to Towson...I think he is saying that Villanova is going to beat Delaware thus bumping UNH our of the final "at-large" spot. My feelings are that if we win we should be in based on our 4 out of the last 5 games with wins against ranked opponents...

We need to win first then we can wonder...

Considering UNH's wins over other bubble teams, I would be horrified if they weren't in with a win..they've beaten UMass, Villanova, Richmond and JMU, along with playoff bound Lehigh and DISTANT bubble CCSU. Villanova also lost to URI, so they can't even use that trump.

Mr. C
November 20th, 2010, 08:05 AM
There was a typo in the original. New Hampshire is a heavy favorite over Towson. New Hampshire is definitely in with a win.

walliver
November 20th, 2010, 08:57 AM
I thought the 3 team per conference "rule" was broken in 2003 when the Gateway got 4 teams in the play-offs.

JSU85GRAD
November 20th, 2010, 09:25 AM
I think what he is inferring is that UD will lose giving W&M the AQ and that the CAA will not get more than 4 teams in. Also, he isn't saying that is "fair" or that the 20 teams in the field are the "best" 20. Hence the "woofed" reference; meaning that anyone who gets woofed should have been in the field.

Redhawk2010
November 20th, 2010, 09:32 AM
Jacksonville State is not the AQ yet. They still have to play today and there is a chance for Tennessee Tech to beat them. Am I going to expect it? No, but I can hope for it ;) EKU wasn't supposed to beat them either. Tennessee Tech played within 2 points of SEMO earlier this year. SEMO lost by 2 on a last-minute touchdown to JSU. This conference race is not over!

blukeys
November 20th, 2010, 10:40 AM
I thought the 3 team per conference "rule" was broken in 2003 when the Gateway got 4 teams in the play-offs.

Now You've done it. Everybody KNOWS that the CAA is responsible for ruining the 3 team rule. Why confuse folks with the facts???