PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky predictions---Final week (11-20)

JALMOND
November 17th, 2010, 10:13 PM
My final attempt at perfection. Currently I am sitting at 49-9 and need to correct predict all the Big Sky games this weekend to match my least amount of misses since starting these predictions. Tough games on the horizon highlighted by the annual Montana/Montana State game. Here are the predictions. All based on my opinion only.

ISU @ EWU---Could be interesting with the Eagles heading to the playoffs and the Bengals playing for their coach. The Eagles will not want to lose this game and risk losing a berth in the playoffs (thinking here is that they are in regardless), but this could be tight if they overlook this Bengal team wanting to send their coach off with a win...EWU 30, ISU 21.

PSU @ NAU---No chance for the playoffs for either team, which was expected for the Vikings but not for the Jacks. Now, rumblings are that Souers could be on his way out, too. Interesting sidenote for the Vikings is that a loss would mean they finish with a worst record this year than last year, Glanville's last year...NAU 28, PSU 17.

Sac State @ UC-Davis---Another big rivalry game that will move within the conference. UC-Davis would like nothing more than to ruin the Hornets great season as the Hornets' year would seem hollow without a win over their rival. Also, a win would be a good springboard for UC-Davis, making up for losses earlier in the year to Weber State and Portland State...Sac State 38, UC-Davis 30.

WSU @ Texas Tech---Interesting matchup for the Wildcats in that their last game is on the road, out of conference, out of the FCS, and in Texas against the Big 12's Texas Tech. Rather puzzling but they still have to play the game...Texas Tech 42, WSU 17.

and finally...

MSU @ UM---Bigger implications in an otherwise big game. The Bobcats get a win and they get the AQ for the playoffs. The Grizzlies win and they most likely make the playoffs. The Grizzlies lose and most likely their season is done. The Bobcats have recently played to the level of their opponent, which just means they will be up for this game. Then again, it is no problem for either team to get up for this game...UM 22, MSU 20.

EdubAlum
November 18th, 2010, 08:57 AM
i like all the picks. I really do think Montana will pull out the win over MSU.

GaSouthern
November 18th, 2010, 09:29 AM
I want the Griz to win, but for GSU's sake i'm pulling for MSU.

Cat95
November 18th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Looks like you will be losing at least 10 this year.

EWU 24 ISU 17 EWU will not be able to rest the starters ISU will be seeing "red"
NAU 28 PSU 24 Should be close NAU wondering what heppened...
SAC 41 UCD 14 SAC up and coming and want to prove a point.
WSU 10 TEXTEC 49 WSU not closing the season on a high note.

MSU 32 UM 16

MSU has to much fire power, they are healthy and want this bad...UM is banged up, with a QB that has happy feet and pisses down his leg when under pressure. The run defence of the Cats will hold Chase to under a 100 making Roper the man to beat them, he will get hit and hit hard, and with no good back ups The Griz run at the Play offs end.

wapiti
November 18th, 2010, 10:32 AM
Your predictions look good except for Cat\Griz.
If the Cats can avoid costly turnovers they should win, otherwise it would favor the Griz, but the Cats have won several games this year even though they lost the turnover battle.
Should be another good game this year.
I am going to let my homerism ignore the potiental turnover issue and pick the cats by 13.
MSU 32 UM 19

Screamin_Eagle174
November 19th, 2010, 01:41 AM
ISU~EWU game will not be close. It will be over by halftime.

CopperCat
November 19th, 2010, 04:30 AM
MSU's run game is WAY too much for the griz front four to handle (that is well documented over the course of this season). That will open up opportunities for McGhee to pass, and he will get his yards. UM will make a game out of it no doubt, but this year I really can't say that I think the griz should win this one. The Cats are playing for much more than just the AQ and the BSC title. It runs much deeper than that. MUCH, much deeper.

EdubAlum
November 19th, 2010, 09:30 AM
EWU ISU might not be a blowout either though. I expect TJ won't play much if we go up a good amount and if we already know Montana beat MSU.