PDA

View Full Version : CAA Picks - Final Week

Nebuta
November 17th, 2010, 08:25 PM
With all the dreams and hopes hanging in the balance.

JMU @ Maine - JMU seems to have found its offense after opening up a can on W&M. Scoring 30 points. I think they continue their offense explosion.

W&M @ UR - W&M avoids limping into the playoffs with a 3 game slide. UR has been winning close games and it finally catches up with them.

Towson @ UNH - Wildcats have been looking forward to this cupcake since it was on the schedule as they will need the win to secure their playoff lives. Towson has been looking forward also, as they look to 2011 OOC games so they can get back on their winning track.

Nova @ UD - Sz is back and that should be the difference.

UMass @ URI - UMass has alot of talent on the offense side of the ball. They should win and be in the at large discussion.

5 CAA teams get in. UD, Nova, UMass, W&M and UNH

Tribe07
November 17th, 2010, 08:27 PM
JMU
W&M
UNH
UD
UMass

bluehenbillk
November 17th, 2010, 08:29 PM
Maine 16 JMU 10
UNH 38 Towson 10
WM 23.UR 20
URI 24 UMass 21
UD 31 "Chester" 21

tribefan40
November 17th, 2010, 09:43 PM
Maine 21 JMU 10
UNH 17 Towson 16
WM 38 UR 10
URI 24 UMass 21
UD 31 Nova 28

UD, W&M, UNH make the 'offs

VUCats02
November 17th, 2010, 10:02 PM
Maine 14 JMU 20
UNH 30 Towson 13
WM 20 UR 22
URI 10 UMass 13
UD 38 Nova 34

kdinva
November 17th, 2010, 10:08 PM
JMU 24, Maine 21
W&M 26, UR 16 (game is in Wm'burg.....)
New Hampshire 34, Towson 13
Delaware 31, Villanova 26
Rhode Island 22, UMass 20

VT Wildcat Fan53
November 18th, 2010, 10:19 AM
JMU 24 @ Maine 27 xsmhx Black Bears seal a rough season for the Dukes. No playoff contenders in Orono.

W&M 10 @ UR 11 xnodx Lightning strikes twice in the form of a Spider win while scoring only 11 points. Spiders get in at 7-4. QB-starved W&M stays home as last team out.

Towson 14 @ UNH 21 xeyebrowx Not the cakewalk expected, UNH has to score late to secure their playoff lives! UNH sneaks in to the Tournament at 7-4.

Nova 14 @ UD 38 xhurrayx Delaware is better than anyone still realizes -- and they are already #1. Delaware (10-1) goes to Tournament as Top seed. Andy (6-5)goes home early to noodle on Big East option

UMass 17 @ URI 24 xnottalkingx The roller coaster ends on a down note. Rams start to salivate over move to NEC and its Auto-Bid in 2012! UMass (6-5) buses home to the Blue Wall to nurse their blues. No Tournament fever in Amherst.

Bottom Line: UDel at #1, Richmond in, UNH in. W&M snubbed for late season stumbles.

CAAisBOSS
November 18th, 2010, 10:43 AM
JMU 24 @ Maine 27 xsmhx Black Bears seal a rough season for the Dukes. No playoff contenders in Orono.

W&M 10 @ UR 11 xnodx Lightning strikes twice in the form of a Spider win while scoring only 11 points. Spiders get in at 7-4. QB-starved W&M stays home as last team out.

Towson 14 @ UNH 21 xeyebrowx Not the cakewalk expected, UNH has to score late to secure their playoff lives! UNH sneaks in to the Tournament at 7-4.

Nova 14 @ UD 38 xhurrayx Delaware is better than anyone still realizes -- and they are already #1. Delaware (10-1) goes to Tournament as Top seed. Andy (6-5)goes home early to noodle on Big East option

UMass 17 @ URI 24 xnottalkingx The roller coaster ends on a down note. Rams start to salivate over move to NEC and its Auto-Bid in 2012! UMass (6-5) buses home to the Blue Wall to nurse their blues. No Tournament fever in Amherst.

Bottom Line: UDel at #1, Richmond in, UNH in. W&M snubbed for late season stumbles.

we have our starter...

Mattymc727
November 18th, 2010, 10:48 AM
JMU
W&M
UNH
UD
UMass

Del, W&M, UNH, Umass make the playoffs

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 18th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Maine 20-17
Richmond 18-13
UNH 28-17
UD 30-28
Rhody 17-14

GaSouthern
November 18th, 2010, 11:29 AM
JMU - Maine
W&M - UR
New Hampshire - Towson
Delaware - Villanova
Rhode Island - UMass

WrenFGun
November 18th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Maine 9, JMU 6
William and Mary 13, Richmond 6
UNH 24, Towson 14
Delaware 37, Villanova 31
URI 24, UMass 21

UD, W&M and UNH make the playoffs from the CAA.

WrenFGun
November 18th, 2010, 11:35 AM
JMU - Maine
W&M - UR
New Hampshire - Towson --
Delaware - Villanova
Rhode Island - UMass

Really? Would it have anything to do with the team you're rooting for? Ahem ..

tribefan40
November 18th, 2010, 11:49 AM

I wouldn't count on it:

The committee shall select the best teams available on a national at-large basis to
complete the bracket. Per NCAA Bylaw 31, the basic criteria used in the selection
of at-large participants are (1) won-lost record, (2) strength-of-schedule, and (3) eligibility and availabilitiy of student-athletes for the NCAA championship;

There are a lot of teams at 7-4 that should be hoping we don't drop to 7-4. xtwocentsx

GaSouthern
November 18th, 2010, 11:52 AM

It has EVERYTHING to do with the team i'm rooting for :D

I respect UNH but I still vividly remember standing in Paulson stadium in the rain in 2004 and if GSU is in and UNH is out this year I feel I can bury some of those feelings.... or if we both make it and get a rematch i'd be happy as well. :D

MacThor
November 18th, 2010, 02:53 PM

Picking UR doesn't help his cause.

LehighFan11
November 18th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Why so many picking URI over Umass? Umass needs this game and should play well. Does URI have the offensive firepower needed to overcome Umass's O? Last weeks 15-6 loss was pretty sad for URI after they lead 6-3 and let UR dominate the 4th Q.

tribe_pride
November 18th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Why so many picking URI over Umass? Umass needs this game and should play well. Does URI have the offensive firepower needed to overcome Umass's O? Last weeks 15-6 loss was pretty sad for URI after they lead 6-3 and let UR dominate the 4th Q.

I think UMass will win but my guess on the rationale behind picking URI is that they are 3-1 at home (this game is at URI) including wins over Villanova and UNH. They seem to be a different team at home than away. That said, I would pick UMass.

UNHFootballAlum
November 18th, 2010, 04:25 PM
JMU - Maine
W&M - UR
New Hampshire - Towson
Delaware - Villanova
Rhode Island - UMass

Wishful thinking

wmmii
November 18th, 2010, 04:34 PM
JMU
W&M
UNH
'Nova
UMass

CAA gets 5 into the playoff-W&M as conference champs, Delaware, UNH, UMass, and 'Nova. Also as conference champ W&M gets top 4 seed ahead of Delaware!!

Hard to understand how some of you all are only having 3 CAA in playoff-STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE-

TwoFeathers
November 18th, 2010, 07:29 PM
With all the dreams and hopes hanging in the balance.

JMU @ Maine - JMU seems to have found its offense after opening up a can on W&M. Scoring 30 points. I think they continue their offense explosion.

W&M @ UR - W&M avoids limping into the playoffs with a 3 game slide. UR has been winning close games and it finally catches up with them.

Towson @ UNH - Wildcats have been looking forward to this cupcake since it was on the schedule as they will need the win to secure their playoff lives. Towson has been looking forward also, as they look to 2011 OOC games so they can get back on their winning track.

Nova @ UD - Sz is back and that should be the difference.

UMass @ URI - UMass has alot of talent on the offense side of the ball. They should win and be in the at large discussion.

5 CAA teams get in. UD, Nova, UMass, W&M and UNH

Wow, calling Villanova over Delaware. That means W&M wins the CAA (with a win). Bold, but I like it.

TwoFeathers
November 18th, 2010, 07:32 PM

Don't see Richmond holding W&M to 10 points, at home, with healthy QB's. After getting beat by JMU last week, I could see W&M crushing the Spiders for pride-sake.

TwoFeathers
November 18th, 2010, 07:34 PM
we have our starter...

And I'm guessing Paulus could play... it's been 3 weeks.

TwoFeathers
November 18th, 2010, 07:36 PM
JMU
W&M
UNH
'Nova
UMass

CAA gets 5 into the playoff-W&M as conference champs, Delaware, UNH, UMass, and 'Nova. Also as conference champ W&M gets top 4 seed ahead of Delaware!!

Hard to understand how some of you all are only having 3 CAA in playoff-STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE-

Is it possible that W&M wins the CAA (with a win vs. Richmond, and a Delaware loss), and Delaware still gets a higher seed due to overall record?

wmmii
November 18th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Is it possible that W&M wins the CAA (with a win vs. Richmond, and a Delaware loss), and Delaware still gets a higher seed due to overall record?

It is my memory that NCAA must give higher seed to conference champ which made Tribe higher seed in 2004 over JMU, do not think rules have changed

TwoFeathers
November 18th, 2010, 07:53 PM
It is my memory that NCAA must give higher seed to conference champ which made Tribe higher seed in 2004 over JMU, do not think rules have changed

Yep, that could be huge then.

wmmii
November 18th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Yep, that could be huge then.

Tribe will know where they stand at kickoff since 'Nova game at Hen House will be over

MacThor
November 18th, 2010, 09:11 PM

Nope, not a rule at all.

As others have pointed out, SIU was the MVFC AQ with a head-to-head win over UNI in '08, but UNI was the 3 seed and SIU was unseeded.

JMUNJ08
November 19th, 2010, 12:39 AM
Nope, not a rule at all.

As others have pointed out, SIU was the MVFC AQ with a head-to-head win over UNI in '08, but UNI was the 3 seed and SIU was unseeded.

+1

I believe W&M getting the seed over JMU that year might have had to do with W&M's H2H win during the regular season just as well?

MacThor
November 19th, 2010, 08:09 AM
+1

I believe W&M getting the seed over JMU that year might have had to do with W&M's H2H win during the regular season just as well?

Possibly. I don't remember the polls going into the tourney. What a crazy year that was - 12 of the 16 teams had 9-2 or better records, and the other 4 were 8-3. Contrast that to this year. We're talking about 8-3 teams getting seeds.

molly
November 19th, 2010, 10:23 AM

1) If W&M wins and UD losses, they'd be co-champs and both would technically "win" the CAA.

2) It's definitely not a rule that the winner of the league autobid be seeded higher than other teams in the conference.

3) In 2004, wasn't it a 3-way tie between W&M/JMU/UD?

superman7515
November 19th, 2010, 10:34 AM
JMU @ Maine - Upset special of the week. Why? Why not? There's been one in the CAA every week and it's often been Da Bears.
W&M @ UR - William & Mary gets a win and secures a first round bye, UR closes out the first season in the new stadium with a loss but the future still looks good for the Spiders.
Towson @ UNH - UNH takes it to hole and dominates... Towson is immediately traded to the MEAC for FAMU or SC State.
Nova @ UD - Nova wins the coin toss and proudly proclaims "We want the ball and we're gonna win" just like the Seahawks... They lose. Just like the Seahawks.
UMass @ URI - Rhode Island hangs tough through the first half in their final game in the CAA, but UMass is the better team and wins it by double digits when the dust settles.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 19th, 2010, 10:38 AM
1) If W&M wins and UD losses, they'd be co-champs and both would technically "win" the CAA.

2) It's definitely not a rule that the winner of the league autobid be seeded higher than other teams in the conference.

3) In 2004, wasn't it a 3-way tie between W&M/JMU/UD?

In 2004 UNH was 6-2 in the A10...They likely would have been involved in any tie. They were ranked #5 in the end of season poll and were sent to #4 seed Georgia Southern in round one.

GannonFan
November 19th, 2010, 10:43 AM
In 2004 UNH was 6-2 in the A10...They likely would have been involved in any tie. They were ranked #5 in the end of season poll and were sent to #4 seed Georgia Southern in round one.

UD, JMU, and W&M were all 7-1 in the A-10 in '04 and were the 3 teams involved in the tie for the title. UNH was not involved.

superman7515
November 19th, 2010, 10:45 AM
UNH was the North Champion in 2004 but the co-champions for the league were UD, JMU, & W&M all from the South.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 19th, 2010, 10:55 AM
UD, JMU, and W&M were all 7-1 in the A-10 in '04 and were the 3 teams involved in the tie for the title. UNH was not involved.

Was that the year that the UNH UD game was "non-conference"?

mcveyrl
November 19th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Towson @ UNH - UNH takes it to hole and dominates... Towson is immediately traded to the MEAC for FAMU or SC State.

I don't think the CAA has the cash consideration necessary to make that go through...

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 19th, 2010, 02:27 PM
I don't think the CAA has the cash consideration necessary to make that go through...

They can throw in the rights to Vermont, Boston U, Northeastern and Hofstra

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 19th, 2010, 02:46 PM

xlolx

GannonFan
November 19th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Was that the year that the UNH UD game was "non-conference"?

yup - didn't count for either for conference standings.

Wildcat80
November 19th, 2010, 03:20 PM
UNH to WIN.....mary&bill and nova to lose....terrific way to end the CAA season!!! Go Cats!!!!

Sam Adams
November 19th, 2010, 11:52 PM
Maine wins in Orono, Massachusetts edges URI, UD over Nova, UNH takes Towson out, W&M ends Richmond's dream.

CAA gets UD, WM, UNH and UMASS in the playoffs.