PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee Tech fans

JaxSinfonian
November 17th, 2010, 07:39 AM
There used to be a few of you around here. Are you still reading?

I think there's a pretty good crowd of Jax State fans headed to Cookeville this weekend, hoping to see the Gamecocks claim the OVC title. I know your team will oppose that effort, but would you be so kind as to point out some of Cookeville's finer points? (eg., where to eat, where to drink, where to park, etc.)

Thanks in advance.

Redhawk2010
November 17th, 2010, 06:23 PM
I'm going to be a Tennesee Tech fan for this weekend! :) As our band says, "Hail the Golden Eagles!"

TTUEagles
November 17th, 2010, 07:22 PM
I'm pretty much it as far as TTU fans on here (I think), and in general, or so it seems...I can't make it to this weekend's game, so that leaves about 1,999 who'll make it aside from JSU fans.
Parking shouldn't be a problem, anywhere near the stadium-several large lots...They actually have improved the tailgate scene and often times they have a live band, etc. Again, the last game of the season, typically has very low attendance, but, don't get me started on that one...
As far eating/drinking, there's my favorite local place, just off of campus, called "Spankies" - serve a lot of choices for food, full bar, etc. spankies.net http://www.crawdaddysgrill.com/ is a good place as well. The road that parallels I-40 has all of your chains: R Lobster, O'Charley's, etc. http://local.yahoo.com/info-28012967-wooly-bully-s-cookeville is a link to another eating/drinking locale...
I hope you have fun, maybe TTU can pull off the upset like we did over a ranked JSU team about 4 or 6 years ago (last second FG in the pouring rain)...VERY dissapointed about this year - I know, I know, we have Watson Brown, what'd we expect? - but, I actually thought we'd do what SEMO has done this year...Coach said from the beginning how much depth we had, but now blames recent losses on the several injuries? But, I will say, our WR (#3) should play in the NFL and is the best WR in the OVC - 2 other OVC coaches have said he's the best WR they've ever seen in the OVC.
http://jg-tc.com/sports/article_75199efc-d740-11df-bfa9-001cc4c03286.html That's about al the optimism I have....

JaxSinfonian
November 19th, 2010, 06:29 AM
Thanks, TTUEagles.

Your team still concerns me. They always seem capable of pulling off an OVC upset. Eventually, perhaps, Brown'll figure out how to get that kind of play out of them every game.

TTUEagles
November 19th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Thanks, TTUEagles.

Your team still concerns me. They always seem capable of pulling off an OVC upset. Eventually, perhaps, Brown'll figure out how to get that kind of play out of them every game.

I think TECH can pull it off, but, I'm not that optimistic. Simply because it's 4-6 team vs #4 ranked team...If TTU has anything in it's favor, it's that they haven't really turned the ball over much this year and have capabilities of big plays on offense. The past few games, though, they've tried a lot of FG's instead of TD's (our kicker and punter are very good, though)...Tons of injuries haven't helped, either.
But, unexpectedly, the defense has given up TONS of big plays and a lot of yards. Last week, they had EIGHT false starts and other penalties that killed them. Not personal foul-type of things, just false starts, illegal formations, etc. - that concerns me about he progress of this program.
IF the "D" plays it's best game of the season, they can keep it close. I hope JSU fans have a good time and that Cookeville and TTU fans treat you right.