September 30 Sacramento State
October 7 Montana
October 14 @ Northern Colorado
October 21 @ Portland State
Ocotber 28 Northern Arizona
November 4 @ Weber State
November 11 Idaho State
November 18 TBA or Open

Kind of odd we're play MSU in September....most years that is a later season game. Are any teams still looking for opponents for Sept. 9 or Nov. 18?

NorthDakotaBison
February 15th, 2006, 09:50 AM
well, ewu guy.

The Bison have the 9th open and are considering moving the SDSU game to October to open up the 18th.

It would be awesome to see the Eagles in Fargo.

ewu guy
February 15th, 2006, 11:46 AM
I think that would be an excellent match up. I'd love for Eastern to add another home game to the schedule, but it would only be worthwhile if they could work it for Nov 18th (EWU doesn't start class til late Sept.) making a game in Fargo a good possibiliy.

eagle1
February 15th, 2006, 11:59 AM
I have heard that NDSU and SDSU are both interested in playing the Eagles. I think EWU will probably fill the Nov. 18th date with either of these two teams and it probably will be on the road. That would leave the 9th open and would be just like last year when we opened with San Jose State and had the next week open before playing Western Oregon. I was hoping that we might be able to bring someone to Cheney in November but it sounds like we will most likely be on the road. That would give EWU 5 home games and 6 away. Go Eagles!!!

GrizFamily
February 15th, 2006, 04:48 PM
August 31 OR Sept. 2 @ Oregon State
September 9 TBA or Open
September 16 Central Washington
September 23 @ Montana State
October 7 Montana
November 4 @ Weber State
November 11 Idaho State
November 18 TBA or Open

Kind of odd we're play MSU in September....most years that is a later season game. Are any teams still looking for opponents for Sept. 9 or Nov. 18?

MSU as your BSC opener is an interesting choice. I don't remember that being that early in any of the recent seasons. Seems like the UM game is earlier than usual as well. Can't wait for the season to start.

GOKATS
February 15th, 2006, 06:42 PM
MSU as your BSC opener is an interesting choice. I don't remember that being that early in any of the recent seasons. Seems like the UM game is earlier than usual as well. Can't wait for the season to start.

My guess is adding Northern Colorado caused adjustments all the way thru in BSC scheduling.

Hansel
February 15th, 2006, 06:42 PM
I have heard that NDSU and SDSU are both interested in playing the Eagles. I think EWU will probably fill the Nov. 18th date with either of these two teams and it probably will be on the road. That would leave the 9th open and would be just like last year when we opened with San Jose State and had the next week open before playing Western Oregon. I was hoping that we might be able to bring someone to Cheney in November but it sounds like we will most likely be on the road. That would give EWU 5 home games and 6 away. Go Eagles!!!
I'd love to have EWU on the 18th with the SDSU game moved to October :)

GrizFamily
February 15th, 2006, 08:02 PM
My guess is adding Northern Colorado caused adjustments all the way thru in BSC scheduling.

Good point. I must be blocking the memory of NC being added to the BSC. : retard :

SeattleGriz
February 16th, 2006, 12:43 AM
Wow. At Montana State early in the season. Should be interesting.

ewu guy
February 16th, 2006, 10:08 AM
Unfortuately I think playing MSU and UM early in the season will take some of the air out of the Big Sky title race. For the past 4 or 5 years the title has come down to the last weeks of the season, with crucial showdowns between all three of these teams! EWU @ MSU in November of '04 was one of the greatest games I've seen in my life!

slostang
February 16th, 2006, 11:34 AM
I was sorry to see EWU not on Cal Poly's schedule this year. EWU is a great program and I enjoyed the games the last two years. I hope that the Eagles are back on the schedule in '07.

eagle1
February 16th, 2006, 12:11 PM
I too am dissappointed that Cal Poly is not on EWUs schedule and hopefully our ADs can work out a new home and home agreement soon. Go Eagles!!!

DaGriz
February 16th, 2006, 05:39 PM
Unfortuately I think playing MSU and UM early in the season will take some of the air out of the Big Sky title race. For the past 4 or 5 years the title has come down to the last weeks of the season, with crucial showdowns between all three of these teams! EWU @ MSU in November of '04 was one of the greatest games I've seen in my life!

I guess the good thing about the earlier scheduling is those three teams seem to beat each other up. A loss earlier in the year by a team might not mean automatic elimination from the playoffs. A team could go on a good run from there and get back in contention.

twentythreeOh4
February 16th, 2006, 11:28 PM
August 31 OR Sept. 2 @ Oregon State
September 9 TBA or Open
September 16 Central Washington
September 23 @ Montana State
October 7 Montana
November 4 @ Weber State
November 11 Idaho State
November 18 TBA or Open

The Big Sky schedule (with the exception of Cat/Griz) rotates every 2 years. So the 2007 schedule will be the same order (MSU, SAC, UM...) except home and away are reversed. Then in 2008, 2010, 2012 the schedule rotates, so eventually you will open conference play with ISU followed by MSU, SAC, UM. The next rotation would be WSU, ISU, MSU, SAC, UM so on and so forth.

Of course, things never work out perfectly, the conference occasionally juggles the schedule. In the past they've changed the schedule so that teams don't have consecutive home or road games. As mentioned UM/MSU is always on the last week of the season, so that changes the scheduling some what.