PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Robinson Award Candidates

smallcollegefbfan
November 16th, 2010, 12:45 AM
With all of the talk on Payton and Buchanan candidates who would you nominate from your league for the Eddie Robinson Award this year?

Sycamore51
November 16th, 2010, 07:27 AM
I'd have to say Trent Miles from Indiana State. I know I'm a homer on this one, but a winning season in year 3 after having the longest losing streak in the nation just a couple of years ago. It's not like ISU had one or two bad years and then got back on track, Miles has done something amazing at ISU.

ST_Lawson
November 16th, 2010, 08:23 AM
I'd have to say Trent Miles from Indiana State. I know I'm a homer on this one, but a winning season in year 3 after having the longest losing streak in the nation just a couple of years ago. It's not like ISU had one or two bad years and then got back on track, Miles has done something amazing at ISU.

Ditto.

Both ISUb and WIU have had amazing turnarounds since 1-win seasons last year. WIU had a few issues that were taken care of and were able to turn things around pretty well after having 1 huge down year. ISUb has made the same level of turnaround, but after years of poor performance. I think Miles has done an amazing job there. I'd love to see them be able to keep it going and be something like the SIU of the 201X's. (for those of you who don't remember, SIU didn't have a winning season between '92 and '02, then in '03 went 10-2, made the playoffs, and have made the playoffs every year since, until this year)

MR. CHICKEN
November 16th, 2010, 12:43 PM
GIVE IT TA KEELER...HE'S ALREADY WEARIN' DUH SHADES...FO' WHEN DUH FLASHBULBS GO OFF...AN' HE DID GOOD 10-1/9-2..xnodx..AWK!