PDA

View Full Version : Poll Rankings???

Milktruck74
November 14th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Just a quick poll about Polls????

Should a team be ranked for their record or should the rankings be based on who could beat who in head to head competition?

To me it looks like the Coaches Poll is rewarding teams for their records and not taking into account how they would stack up against others.

Thoughts?

Gil Dobie
November 14th, 2010, 10:32 AM

Should a team be ranked for their record or should the rankings be based on who could beat who in head to head competition?

To me it looks like the Coaches Poll is rewarding teams for their records and not taking into account how they would stack up against others.

Thoughts?

Record, head-to-head and competition to keep the beauty contest simple. If it gets too complicated, it could be called the BCS, afterall the FCS playoffs determine the champions.

Chi Panther
November 14th, 2010, 10:38 AM

Thoughts?

While I think the CAA is king.....you have to rank on record. There are many conf champs this year that probably wouldn't be top 4 inthe CAA. However, a loss is a loss. Remember the glory of the playoff....is the play on the field will sort it out. I still think UNI in 09 was probably a semi final team at worst, talent wise.....but they didn't prove it on the field and therefore their record didn't allow them in the playoffs....