PDA

View Full Version : Ivy League - The Final Week 2010

bonarae
November 14th, 2010, 02:45 AM
Oh dear, another season has finally gone fast. We wish there will be a time that the Ivy champion can get an autobid and play south or west. xwhistlex

Yale at Harvard
Columbia at Brown
Penn at Cornell
Dartmouth at Princeton

bulldog10jw
November 14th, 2010, 05:42 AM
Yale
Brown
Penn
Dartmouth

Three that could go either way.......and a rout

bulldog10jw
November 14th, 2010, 05:47 AM
We wish there will be a time that the Ivy champion can get an autobid and play south or west. xwhistlex

It's a disgrace that Penn doesn't get a chance to see how good they really are.

Ivytalk
November 14th, 2010, 06:15 AM
Yale
Brown
Penn
Dartmouth

bulldog, I agree with you this year!xsmhx

bulldog10jw
November 14th, 2010, 08:57 AM
bulldog, I agree with you this year!xsmhx

Neither team is rolling into this one, are they IT? Yale's offense has disappeared since the 1st half against Columbia and Harvard has been more inconsistent this year than usual. I think it will be close, all of Yale's games have been close. Let's hope so anyway.

Ivytalk
November 14th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Neither team is rolling into this one, are they IT? Yale's offense has disappeared since the 1st half against Columbia and Harvard has been more inconsistent this year than usual. I think it will be close, all of Yale's games have been close. Let's hope so anyway.

Yeah, I say Yale 17-14. The last couple of years in the series have been low-scoring.

DJOM
November 15th, 2010, 04:38 PM
I can not believe another year has come and gone so quickly. I thought the season would have ended differently; however it is what it is. Its D1AA ball (FCS) and best of all---its the Ivy League.

Yale
Brown
Penn
And Princeton takes this one at home.

Ivytalk
November 15th, 2010, 04:43 PM
I can not believe another year has come and gone so quickly. I thought the season would have ended differently; however it is what it is. Its D1AA ball (FCS) and best of all---its the Ivy League.

Yale
Brown
Penn
And Princeton takes this one up the wazoo at home.

FIFY!xlolxxazzx

Harvard Worship
November 16th, 2010, 02:04 AM
Harvard
Brown
Penn
Dartmouth

See you at THE GAME! Should be a magnificent one this year.

DJOM
November 16th, 2010, 09:52 AM
Finally a little humor to end the season.

and as long as we are talking about the Past.

Ivy League Champions 1957, 1963, 1964, 1966, 1969, 1989, 1992, 1995, 2006

National Champions 1869, 1870, 1872, 1873, 1874, 1875, 1877,1878,1879,1880, 1881, 1884, 1885, 1886, 1889,1893, 1894,1896, 1898, 1899, 1903,1906, 1911, 1920,1922, 1933, 1935, 1950

If you want to see the Heisman Trophy. please feel free to come by Jadwin Stadium---we have one on display there.

Enjoy the last weekend--I know I will.

bulldog10jw
November 16th, 2010, 12:49 PM
If you want to see the Heisman Trophy. please feel free to come by Jadwin Stadium---we have one on display there.

We have two of those. xsmiley_wix

bonarae
November 20th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Season's over!

Harvard 28, Yale 21
Brown 38, Columbia 16 :(
Penn 31, Cornell 7
Dartmouth 31, Princeton 0

See you next year!

Ivytalk
November 20th, 2010, 09:34 PM
Yale beat us every which way but the scoreboard. Harvard got the breaks on special teams this year. See you at the Bowl next year, bulldog!xbowxxnodx

bulldog10jw
November 21st, 2010, 03:34 PM
Yale beat us every which way but the scoreboard. Harvard got the breaks on special teams this year. See you at the Bowl next year, bulldog!xbowxxnodx

Tough one to lose IT, but Harvard deserved it. They made the plays when they had to. I think Yale could have survived the kickoff return, but the punting mistakes and bad penalties killed them.

I was actually happy with the way Yale played on both offense and defense. Someday, we will beat you guys......at least I hope so. xpeacex

Ivytalk
November 21st, 2010, 07:24 PM
Tough one to lose IT, but Harvard deserved it. They made the plays when they had to. I think Yale could have survived the kickoff return, but the punting mistakes and bad penalties killed them.

I was actually happy with the way Yale played on both offense and defense. Someday, we will beat you guys......at least I hope so. xpeacex

I think Williams has righted the ship in New Haven. He'll have the Eli up for next year's Game. Jeez, to think that Sprig Ivy and I saw the last Game ('99) that Yale won in the Bowl! I still have nightmares about Johnson beating us underneath. What did he have -- 21 catches?

DJOM
November 21st, 2010, 08:22 PM
Bulldog, How is your linebacker?

Wildcat80
November 21st, 2010, 11:01 PM

2006 will happen again. soon i hope for the elis!!

bulldog10jw
November 22nd, 2010, 05:27 AM
Bulldog, How is your linebacker?

http://portal31nhr.blogspot.com/

"Jesse is doing fine," Williams said. "He was in the hospital last night for precautionary reasons with his parents but the plan is for him to be on the plane at 6 o’clock and head home tonight. I think there was some swelling in his shoulder but he is going to be fine and his spirits are high."

DJOM
November 22nd, 2010, 11:29 AM
Bulldog, Thank the Good Lord. More than one of the players on Princeton know and like him. I saw the hit and aftermath on ESPN. Tell him everyone at Princeton is pulling for a speedy and full recovery.

bulldog10jw
November 22nd, 2010, 01:08 PM
Bulldog, Thank the Good Lord. More than one of the players on Princeton know and like him. I saw the hit and aftermath on ESPN. Tell him everyone at Princeton is pulling for a speedy and full recovery.

Thanks for the kind thoughts. There is nothing worse than seeing a kid taken off on a stretcher, even if it's just precautionary. Thank God, it wasn't serious.

CFBfan
November 22nd, 2010, 04:00 PM
Yale
Brown
Penn
Dartmouth

hey bulldog, congrats on a nice season.
i appreciate your sense of humor and enjoyed our "back & forth" from the GU game.
"see" you next season

bulldog10jw
November 22nd, 2010, 07:05 PM
hey bulldog, congrats on a nice season.
i appreciate your sense of humor and enjoyed our "back & forth" from the GU game.
"see" you next season

I enjoyed it too. Next game for Yale is vs G-Town next Sept. @ The Bowl

We're trying to line up the same refs we had this year (just kidding) xsmiley_wix

Ivytalk
November 22nd, 2010, 08:26 PM
xsplatxxsplatxxpissedxxasswhipxxshakingmadxWhat's with this Yale-Princeton mutual m*****bation society? You guys hate each other!!!xazzxxazzx

Or used to. xsmhxxnottalkingx

bulldog10jw
November 22nd, 2010, 08:59 PM
xsplatxxsplatxxpissedxxasswhipxxshakingmadxWhat's with this Yale-Princeton mutual m*****bation society? You guys hate each other!!!xazzxxazzx

Or used to. xsmhxxnottalkingx

DJOM seems to be a good guy. Maybe I have mellowed over the years. ;)

Plus Penn occupies the top spot on my hate list, and no other Ivy team is close. xreadx

CFBfan
November 23rd, 2010, 07:14 AM
I enjoyed it too. Next game for Yale is vs G-Town next Sept. @ The Bowl

We're trying to line up the same refs we had this year (just kidding) xsmiley_wix

Ha! perhaps we could share a beer before the game
enjoy the holidays!

Ivytalk
November 23rd, 2010, 07:58 AM
xsmiley_wix
DJOM seems to be a good guy. Maybe I have mellowed over the years. ;)

Plus Penn occupies the top spot on my hate list, and no other Ivy team is close. xreadx

DJOM is definitely a good guy! My father-in-law, himself a dyed-in-the-wool Princetonian, got tired of losing football bets to his Yale friends almost every year.

I despise Penn as well. I forgot to post my "Top 10 Reasons to Hate Penn" on the smack board this year.xdohx Seriously, bulldog, how about meeting up at The Game in '11? Maybe it will change the Elis' home jinx!

TypicalTribe
November 23rd, 2010, 11:46 AM

DJOM,

What's the feeling about Surace? This has clearly been one of the most embarassing seasons in Tiger history and the team seemed to make no progress as the season went along. Caught some of the Penn game and was not impresssed with the team on the field or Surace on the sidelines. Then, couldn't believe he punted twice in Yale territory inside 8 minutes down 14-13 and a chance to get a confidence-building win. Lastly, getting pounded by Dartmouth at home is a tough way to close out the season.

One of the first Princeton games I saw was the miracle over Yale in '81 and this could be the worst Tiger team I'e seen.

Any rumblings that they've got the wrong guy?

bulldog10jw
November 23rd, 2010, 04:57 PM
xsmiley_wix

Seriously, bulldog, how about meeting up at The Game in '11? Maybe it will change the Elis' home jinx!

I would enjoy that, IT. I haven't attended a Yale-Harvard game since '89 (another Yale loss xbawlingx)

We'll see how things go.

ngineer
November 23rd, 2010, 10:49 PM
I've heard that Yale and Lehigh will be renewing their series next year. Not sure, though, where the game will be played.

bulldog10jw
November 24th, 2010, 07:47 AM
I've heard that Yale and Lehigh will be renewing their series next year. Not sure, though, where the game will be played.

Yale used to always have their future schedules published on their website, but for some reason that link has disappeared.

Except for G-Town, I'm not sure who Yale plays OOC next year.

bonarae
November 24th, 2010, 09:05 AM
Yale used to always have their future schedules published on their website, but for some reason that link has disappeared.

Except for G-Town, I'm not sure who Yale plays OOC next year.

Harvard did used to post their future schedules on the media guide, but no more links now. :(

ngineer
November 24th, 2010, 10:36 AM
That seems to have occurred at our place as well. Maybe some agreement not to do that because of too many late changes after people have made plans? I would like to know what our schedule looks like a year in advance in order to block my calendar.

DJOM
November 24th, 2010, 03:29 PM
I am afraid that Princeton's season took an adverse turn simply because of the injuries we sustained. I know that is an easy excuse to make, however we had more bizarre injuries this year than I have seen in 14 years. At one point, we had a receiver playing qb. During the game he appeared, we also lost two running backs and a receiver. On to next season. Oh; and the seniors still get a degree from Princeton xhurrayx

ngineer
November 24th, 2010, 04:16 PM
It has been confirmed, Yale will visit Lehigh on Saturday, October 1. Athletics having a golf outing the day before at Saucon Valley CC. Hope the weather is good.

TypicalTribe
November 24th, 2010, 05:24 PM
I am afraid that Princeton's season took an adverse turn simply because of the injuries we sustained. I know that is an easy excuse to make, however we had more bizarre injuries this year than I have seen in 14 years. At one point, we had a receiver playing qb. During the game he appeared, we also lost two running backs and a receiver. On to next season. Oh; and the seniors still get a degree from Princeton xhurrayx

What's the opinion of the coach? My dad was class of '66 and couldn't believe the way this season went. Is next year's team expected to bounce back or are the Tigers in for a couple of years of rebuilding?

DJOM
November 24th, 2010, 08:13 PM
Players really like Head Coach and assistants. One advantage to this year's season will be all of the underclassmen with experience that are returning next season. Should bounce back strong.

TypicalTribe
November 24th, 2010, 09:22 PM
Players really like Head Coach and assistants. One advantage to this year's season will be all of the underclassmen with experience that are returning next season. Should bounce back strong.

Good to hear. Spent a lot of great Saturday afternoons in Palmer Stadium. Always root for good things to happen in P'town.

DJOM
November 25th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Yale Bulldog; I have to ask---How do you turn out so many students at the Bowl? There were 30,000 people at our game. I would venture to say at least another 1,000 kids stayed outside of the stadium continuing to tailgate during the game.

bulldog10jw
November 26th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Yale Bulldog; I have to ask---How do you turn out so many students at the Bowl? There were 30,000 people at our game. I would venture to say at least another 1,000 kids stayed outside of the stadium continuing to tailgate during the game.

I wish I knew, DJOM. I was surprised at the size of the crowd, usually it takes both teams being in contention to get a big crowd, like in 2006.

Were they there to see the game, or did word get around that it was the place to party that week. Who knows?

Milktruck74
November 26th, 2010, 10:47 AM
I wish the League would lift the ban on post season play for you guys. It would realistically only be one team for a week or two....worst case would be 2 teams in the first and second week and 1 team for 4.....

bonarae
November 27th, 2010, 02:28 AM
I wish the League would lift the ban on post season play for you guys. It would realistically only be one team for a week or two....worst case would be 2 teams in the first and second week and 1 team for 4.....

We all wish. xsmhx I hope within our lifetimes, the Ivy League champion will participate in the playoffs and maybe reign as the champion in all of FCS.