PDA

View Full Version : The 146th Edition of the Lafayette-Lehigh Rivalry

Bogus Megapardus
November 13th, 2010, 07:38 PM
The most-played game in all of College football. It starts here.

Bogus Megapardus
November 13th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Lehigh has won the Patriot League title. Some of its fans seem to think that is an accomplishment of some sort. Given the level of Patriot competition this year, and the Engineers' especially poor showing vs. OOC competition, I, for one, think they have little to crow about.

As poorly as the Leopards have done this year, they have not been dominated in PL competition. History shows that either team can win, regardless of records. Lafayette holds a decided advantage in the series since 1884. The game will be played in Easton.

This will be a win for the Pards.

You should not have stolen that Little Brass Cannon.

van
November 13th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Bring on the smack Bogus!

You guys find a QB yet? How did it go last time we were in Easton?

Franks Tanks
November 13th, 2010, 08:06 PM

You guys find a QB yet? How did it go last time we were in Easton?

Ryan O'Neill threw for 335 yards and 4 TD's today.

Bogus Megapardus
November 13th, 2010, 08:20 PM

Oh, I will. Indeed I will.

I regret that such a sad-sack amalgamation of misfits now is destined to go out into the real world and pretend to play football against much worthier competition in the playoffs. You're going to make the rest of us look bad. And it will be your fault.

At least we'll have one opportunity to demonstrate that you really ought to stick to wrasslin'.

In tights.

With your n*ts hanging out.

Bogus Megapardus
November 13th, 2010, 08:25 PM
And just as a refresher from the other post where the whole Patriot title thing is bandied about so enjoyably by you all -

OK you won. Whatever. It's now officially Lafayette-Lehigh week.

AGS Mods: There will be smack here this week. Lots of it. It will be good-natured even though it won't seem that way given the language used. We're better at this, and we've been doing it a lot longer. Pard or Engineer fans observing any attempt by the AGS mods to move Lafayette-Lehigh posts to the smack board this week should report it at once to the Lafayette board or Lehigh board administrators.

You brown-panted fountain pigeons will lose next weekend. Bank on it.

EDIT - if you idiots crumble in the first round of the playoffs and thereby embarrass the rest of us, I'm going to blow up your poor excuse for a stadium (or at least your half-assed scoreboard, depending on how much ammonium nitrate I can get the sophomores to manufacture in the lab).

Let that be a lesson to you.

LUHawker
November 13th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Lafayette hasn't shown anything this year and it is very doubtful that that suddenly changes this week. The only thing in the way of Lehigh capping off a very solid campaign is...Lehigh. Should the Pards even bother to show up? Well since they are hosting the game, they might have to.

And where oh where is Pard94??? Been awfully obscure this year.

I think next week will be a great tune-up heading into the playoffs against live ammo. So much for all that benefit of a new "stadium" there at Fisher FIELD. Maybe Frank will bring out the black unis again to motivate his squad, although It won't matter.

Seriously though, this situation is shocking 180 from last year - not so much that Lehigh is having a good season, but that the Pards dropped like a rock. Frankly, the pards are very young and very few fans recognized the impact that would have.

My guess is that the Pards play up early in the game, but can't sustain that level and succumb to the superior team.

9-2 for the Engineers, here we come; for the Pards not so much - welcome to 2-9.

GO LEHIGH!!

LehighFan11
November 13th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Yeah our fault. It isn't like Colgate/HC/Fordham have all been handled in their recent playoff games. It's a league problem. What will your players be doing next weekend, sitting at home watching.

Bogus Megapardus
November 13th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Yeah our fault. It isn't like Colgate/HC/Fordham have all been handled in their recent playoff games. It's a league problem. What will your players be doing next weekend, sitting at home watching.

Oh, I'm just getting warmed up here. Woo-Hah.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ak3Bgwu3ixsqYM:http://www.americanrhetoric.com/images/scentofawoman3.JPG&t=1

kardplayer
November 13th, 2010, 09:52 PM
I'm going to say it now, the same I've said it in previous seasons when things weren't going as well, just so you know I'm consistent... this is the biggest game of Lehigh's season, unless they get to actually be in the National Championship game itself (which we're all pretty confident won't happen given the current state of PL play)...

In other words, I would rather beat Lafayette than win a playoff game.

ngineer
November 13th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Next Saturday is going to be ugly. November 20, 2010, THAT TIME OF THE MONTH FOR THE PUSSY TO BLEED!!! And they've been bleedin' right on time as the Mountain Hawks go for the three-peat. Frank will probably have them come out in all pink tutu's for his latest motivational tool. It's what they've earned this year. Hey, how's that stadium renovation improving your program? Seems like a lot of recruits have been able to look past window dressing.
Ah, yes, I just love this f****** week!! (Mods, I edited it my self xsmiley_wix)

Bogus Megapardus
November 13th, 2010, 10:22 PM
In other words, I would rather beat Lafayette than win a playoff game.

Nothing new. It's why we are where we are and why we do what we do.

You lose? The playoffs become shallow and unimportant. We win? Our season is redeemed and all is correct in the world.

This game means EVERYTHING (http://collegeprowler.com/images/standard/1106/image.jpg).

The Last Engineer
November 13th, 2010, 10:22 PM

Wow... that's great! Incidentally, what was the final score from that game today?

BTW, the Georgetown folks said that today's 17-point loss to Lehigh was their team's best effort since beating you knuckle-draggers (their words, not mine...) in Easton earlier this year.

I am admittedly a little concerned that we are going to head into #146 as a prohibitive favorite. My goodness... one can only imagine the feeling that would result from going into The Game as a heavily-favored 7- or 8-win team, only to lose in heart-rending fashion. Now double the depths of your sorrow and agony by doing that two years in a row. I really don't see how any program could possibly come back a spiritual evisceration like that. Maybe that move down to D-III would have been better after all...

Bogus Megapardus
November 13th, 2010, 10:25 PM
Next Saturday is going to be ugly. November 20, 2010, THAT TIME OF THE MONTH FOR THE PUSSY TO BLEED!!! And they've been bleedin' right on time as the Mountain Hawks go for the three-peat. Frank will probably have them come out in all pink tutu's for his latest motivational tool. It's what they've earned this year. Hey, how's that stadium renovation improving your program? Seems like a lot of recruits have been able to look past window dressing.
Ah, yes, I just love this f****** week!! (Mods, I edited it my self xsmiley_wix)

That's more like it. Thanks for keeping up your side of the bargain.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 13th, 2010, 11:56 PM
xpopcornx

Since i didn't go to Lehigh i'm not going to get into the antics. But, that doesn't mean i can't combine a 'Nova low blow with a Lafayette jabb. Soooo, perhaps Franky T. and the 'Pards can invite Talley and the Vilecats over for leftovers on the 27th? Both figure to have a lot of time that day.

Bogus Megapardus
November 14th, 2010, 06:32 AM
xpopcornx

Since i didn't go to Lehigh i'm not going to get into the antics. But, that doesn't mean i can't combine a 'Nova low blow with a Lafayette jabb. Soooo, perhaps Franky T. and the 'Pards can invite Talley and the Vilecats over for leftovers on the 27th? Both figure to have a lot of time that day.

Lehigh ought to the honorable thing and simply abstain from participation this year. It would be unseemly of it not to do so.

Bogus Megapardus
November 14th, 2010, 08:44 AM
a prohibitive favorite.

What does that even mean, "prohibitive favorite?" Isn't that simply some sort of silly, over-used, banal cliche? All that prohibitiveness won't really do you a lot of good once you lose next Saturday.

I'm sure your fans will keep whining about it all the way home, though. Coulda been a contender. Coulda been prohibitive.

heath
November 14th, 2010, 08:54 AM
This is a bogus thread, did Lafayette field a team this year or just send members of the band out to play?

RichH2
November 14th, 2010, 09:14 AM
I would like to see this thread break last yr's record for length and hopefully for wit and cleverness.xsmileyclapx How the mighty have fallen? Having suffered thru 4 years of cr*p from pards during Lehigh's mediocre seasons, I must admit to some joy at the reversal of fortune. I look forward not just to a win, we've done that with bad teams, no we need to thrash ( dont yuh just love that word) Pards.xhurrayx

Go...gate
November 14th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Ryan O'Neal threw for 335 yards and 4 TD's today.

I thought he played opposite Ali MacGraw in Love Story... ; )

Franks Tanks
November 14th, 2010, 11:20 AM

Wow... that's great! Incidentally, what was the final score from that game today?

BTW, the Georgetown folks said that today's 17-point loss to Lehigh was their team's best effort since beating you knuckle-draggers (their words, not mine...) in Easton earlier this year.

I am admittedly a little concerned that we are going to head into #146 as a prohibitive favorite. My goodness... one can only imagine the feeling that would result from going into The Game as a heavily-favored 7- or 8-win team, only to lose in heart-rending fashion. Now double the depths of your sorrow and agony by doing that two years in a row. I really don't see how any program could possibly come back a spiritual evisceration like that. Maybe that move down to D-III would have been better after all...

I was responding to a specific question regarding the play of our QB.

Your right it does seem like forever since Lehigh was expected to win this game. I guess even a dunce like Coen stumbles into something every once in a while. Also here comes Lehigh showing their true colors, and we will get a heavy dose of Lehigh's class on Saturday. Win or lose Lafayette players wont taunt and act like fools like the young men of Lehigh. Maybe it had something to do with the 71% GSR and 56% FSR for Lehigh football players. The SEC called to say that Lehigh needs to graduate more of their football players.

Franks Tanks
November 14th, 2010, 11:33 AM
This is a bogus thread, did Lafayette field a team this year or just send members of the band out to play?

We don't even have a band. We can't find enough dorks in our school to put together a marching band, Lehigh on the other hand has no problem with this.

van
November 14th, 2010, 11:57 AM
What is that rag tag bunch of musicians that you trot out? Just because they can't march doesn't mean they are not a band.

LEHIGH61
November 14th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Like I have said before, AND IT IS OBVIOUS, Bogus IS BOGUS and not worth listening to. Oh, and I forgot, he is an a-hole.

Bogus Megapardus
November 14th, 2010, 12:05 PM
What is that rag tag bunch of musicians that you trot out? Just because they can't march doesn't mean they are not a band.

They're a jazz band, which plays some very complicated avant-garde music. They come together as a pep band on Saturdays as a service to their college.

Hardly that mindless, Sousa-esque, feather-hatted, Oom-Pah cacophony your backwater inbreds make by blowing their collective noses into the leftover plumbers' stock you simpletons mistake for musical instruments.

LEHIGH61
November 14th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Lehigh is in the playoffs and nothing can take that away.THAT"S WHAT IS IMPORTANT. That is the fact that matters at this point. Lafayette ha sucked this year, but I am not saying they can't beat Lehigh. It will be a tough game. But I sure hope that the best team LEHIGH) wins.

Bogus Megapardus
November 14th, 2010, 12:07 PM
an a-hole

Thanks for reminding me - yet another music-making device long favored by the Marching 97. It's their best sound, IIRC.

Note to Mr. 61: If that's the best you can do, then maybe my opinion of your fine institution isn't warranted after all. I'll seriously have to think about lowering the floor - substantially.

Have a pleasant week, ladies.

LEHIGH61
November 14th, 2010, 12:10 PM
BOGUS AND AN ASSHOLE LAST YEAR< BOGUS AND AN ASSHOLE THIS YEAR.

Wildcat80
November 14th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Nothing new. It's why we are where we are and why we do what we do.

You lose? The playoffs become shallow and unimportant. We win? Our season is redeemed and all is correct in the world.

This game means EVERYTHING (http://collegeprowler.com/images/standard/1106/image.jpg).

Good Luck Leopards!!

heath
November 14th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Did that loud mouthed, angry, Italian midget put those TV's in the Lafayette locker room so you can go watch a real football game at half, or do the band of merry pards meet before practice to watch Dr Phil?Its amazing a team falls so fast and so quick that dork Ivy league wantabes from Easton actually get a hard on talking smack.

heath
November 14th, 2010, 12:50 PM
We don't even have a band. We can't find enough dorks in our school to put together a marching band, Lehigh on the other hand has no problem with this.
They all play sports?I mean the dorks at the college.

Bogus Megapardus
November 14th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Good Luck Leopards!!

Why, thank you. Knowing that you speak for the broader FCS community in general in wholeheartedly supporting the Leopards in this contest is heart-warming.

It was rumored that Lehigh once had a supporter, but he couldn't find the stadium, ill-constructed and poorly located as it is.

lehidude
November 14th, 2010, 04:49 PM
Win or lose Lafayette players wont taunt and act like fools like the young men of Lehigh. .

Oh. Just like the fine young ladies and gentlemen at the PL basketball final last year?

RichH2
November 14th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Gentlemen,

Let us all enjoy trashing each other's schools and teams. Personal attacks ae not part of the pre GAME muck slinging.

The Last Engineer
November 14th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Lafayette doesn't need a band. Your football team blows just fine all by itself. Actually, I recall the 1997 game featured a Lafayette "band" comprised of unsuspecting minors who had been abducted from Easton High School. Rumor is that some of those kids were given to Coach Russo as a snack after the 43-31 loss to Lehigh.

BlueHenSinfonian
November 14th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Lafayette doesn't need a band. Your football team blows just fine all by itself. Actually, I recall the 1997 game featured a Lafayette "band" comprised of unsuspecting minors who had been abducted from Easton High School. Rumor is that some of those kids were given to Coach Russo as a snack after the 43-31 loss to Lehigh.

While I have no strong feelings for Lafayette either way, seeing your avatar reminded me how much, as a Hen fan, I dislike Lehigh. String 'em up leaopards!

Bogus Megapardus
November 14th, 2010, 05:56 PM
While I have no strong feelings for Lafayette either way, seeing your avatar reminded me how much, as a Hen fan, I dislike Lehigh. String 'em up leaopards!

A perfectly well-reasoned analysis. You've made the correct choice.

Franks Tanks
November 14th, 2010, 06:36 PM
Oh. Just like the fine young ladies and gentlemen at the PL basketball final last year?

I wrote PLAYERS. Again PLAYERS. Lafayette and Lehigh fans don't always take the high road, but one group of players do things the right way while the other graduates with SEC level efficiency.

If the PL does give scholarships Lehigh may have to worry about scholarsip reductions due to poor APR scores.

ngineer
November 14th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Oh the guys they get no girls at Lafayette;
Oh the guys they get no girls at Lafayette;
Oh the guys they get no girls so they do it with the squirrels;
Oh the guys they get no girls at Lafayette!

(just one of many stanzas). A short break from working tonight, gotta get stuff done early this week as there is much party plannin' to do in a few days.

Bogus Megapardus
November 14th, 2010, 07:56 PM
That's very funny.

You know, I'll always have a fondness for Lehigh. No, really. You know that letter I got letting me know I got into my safety school? I keep it to this very day. I actually hang it around my rear-view mirror.

The cops read it and assume it's a handicap tag.

lehidude
November 14th, 2010, 08:03 PM
If the PL does give scholarships Lehigh may have to worry about scholarsip reductions due to poor APR scores.

That's alot of speculation. In any event, as per ncaa.org, the multi year APR score for Lehigh is 968 versus 974 for Lafayette. Hard to call that a significant difference.

ngineer
November 14th, 2010, 08:55 PM
LU had a number of players leave with the Lembo/Coen transition.

ngineer
November 14th, 2010, 08:58 PM
So what kind of tom-foolery will Tricky Tavani try? He can't beat Lehigh straight up, so you know he'll come out with sort of half-baked razzle-dazzle stuff. Fake punts? For sure.
Flea Flickers? Likely. But will he really go for some pull-out-of-your-arse type plays like the old 'fumblerooski'? Jus' wonderin....

Franks Tanks
November 14th, 2010, 09:03 PM
That's alot of speculation. In any event, as per ncaa.org, the multi year APR score for Lehigh is 968 versus 974 for Lafayette. Hard to call that a significant difference.

"How is GSR the calculated?
The GSR, like the FGR, starts with all freshmen who enter college in a given year. The GSR is different
in that it excludes from the denominator those athletes who leave the institution in good academic
standing and includes in the numerator those who transfer into the institution and go on to graduate. The
GSR better accounts for the high mobility of student-athletes."

In the latest data just 71% of Lehigh FB players graduated from any school, and 56% from Lehigh.

Yes our coach is Italian and our band is small-- oh no! At least we graduate players. That sack of butterscotch pudding you call a coach can't even recruit players who graduate.

lehidude
November 14th, 2010, 09:18 PM
In the latest data just 71% of Lehigh FB players graduated from any school, and 56% from Lehigh.

Which is ABOVE the national average. APR, GSR, however you slice it, to quote any of these figures and insinuate that Lehigh would face "scholarship reductions" is not accurate.

Franks Tanks
November 14th, 2010, 09:27 PM
Which is ABOVE the national average. APR, GSR, however you slice it, to quote any of these figures and insinuate that Lehigh would face "scholarship reductions" is not accurate.

We try to hold our student athletes to a higher standard in the PL if you haven't noticed. I understand Lehigh won't face NCAA penalties, but those numbers are embaressing.

lehidude
November 14th, 2010, 09:37 PM
I understand Lehigh won't face NCAA penalties, but those numbers are embaressing.

I took a few years off, so when I graduated I completed the 8 1/2 year plan. This would put me in the 29% bracket, but I'm not "embaressed " by it.

Sader87
November 14th, 2010, 09:40 PM
We try to hold our student athletes to a higher standard in the PL if you haven't noticed. I understand Lehigh won't face NCAA penalties, but those numbers are embaressing.

I'm embarassed for the entire league...both on the spelling and the football fronts.

Franks Tanks
November 14th, 2010, 09:42 PM
I took a few years off, so when I graduated I completed the 8 1/2 year plan. This would put me in the 29% bracket, but I'm not "embaressed " by it.

Well congratulations on your persistence.

Franks Tanks
November 14th, 2010, 09:44 PM
I'm embarassed for the entire league...both on the spelling and the football fronts.

Shouldn't you be posting on a "We shoulda joined the Big East" thread on Cross Sports?

At the very least you should be talking about the 84 BC game.

ngineer
November 15th, 2010, 07:03 AM

For a school whose band is student run, I find the Marching '97 to be one of the finest around. Small, but mighty, they create the traditional football marching band sound both in the stands and on the field pre-game and halftime. Laugheyette has relegated it's "enthusiasm" to fake, canned music blaring from their message box at the nw corner of Fishy Field. If it weren't for that contraption, the silence in that hole would be deafening....except when Lehigh is in the house. It's really a shame that the spotted pussies have lost so much tradition. They are left to faking it.

The Last Engineer
November 15th, 2010, 07:09 AM
Shouldn't you be posting on a "We shoulda joined the Big East" thread on Cross Sports?

At the very least you should be talking about the 84 BC game.

Or this past Saturday's game... when you beat Lafayette by 10.

I hear that the reason why graduation rates are high in Easton is because the smarter a person is, the less time they actually want to spend in Easton. This has that added benefit of freeing the individual to attend a good school that can grant degrees past the bachelor's level.

Bogus Megapardus
November 15th, 2010, 07:21 AM
They are left to faking it.

Which, of course, is what "The Marching 97" do with their allegedly "student run" band. What's omitted here is exactly whose students are involved:

"Students from any of the colleges or universities in the Allentown/Bethlehem area can join the 97 as long as they can get to and from practices and shows."

Our band members are Lafayette College students. Apparently not so with the Goose-Stepping 97. Now that I think about it, has anyone checked the student IDs of the Lehigh football players? For an institution notorious for its its rule-bending, infraction-dodging, and SEC-level graduation success, I wouldn't put anything past them.

Bogus Megapardus
November 15th, 2010, 07:27 AM
school that can grant degrees past the bachelor's level.

In case you missed it, that's was a college does - it grants bachelor's degrees. If I wanted an undergraduate education that featured lameass, hung-over graduate teaching assistants mumbling through ill-prepared class notes while hitting on the freshman coeds, I would have gone to Penn.

heath
November 15th, 2010, 08:07 AM
My waist size is smaller than yours.........your cars stereo speakers blow...............your wife was my safety girl..................LET THE GEEKS BEGIN! This will be a long pathetic week unless you ladies start talking football smack. Lehigh will win by- the same number of dorks tailgating on the top of parking garage that have now come out of the closet this year-Double Digits

The Last Engineer
November 15th, 2010, 08:33 AM
Apparently not so with the Goose-Stepping 97.

As a college named after a Frenchman, you should be careful comparing yourself to anything even vaguely Germanic. History teaches us that these conflicts invariably do not end well for the French.

Franks Tanks
November 15th, 2010, 09:41 AM
Why do Lehigh fans even care? Last I heard Colgate was your real rival, and the Leopards are simply an after thought for the brown chickens.

Bogus Megapardus
November 15th, 2010, 10:19 AM
My waist size is smaller than yours.........your cars stereo speakers blow...............your wife was my safety girl..................LET THE GEEKS BEGIN! This will be a long pathetic week unless you ladies start talking football smack.

This is a valid point. However, The Rivalry goes beyond football. It is critical to expose and underscore the widespread moral, intellectual, cultural and genetic deficiencies historically associated with That Lesser Institution in South Bethlehem.

The likelihood of Lehigh's total collapse and meltdown on the Fisher Field gridiron Saturday afternoon ought to be self-evident. Yes, they beat Bucknell and barely scraped by Drake, etc., but when the iron meets the fire, so to speak, nothing associated with Bethlehem, including the Lehigh name, ever measures up.

At this point, what with all the petty attacks, inappropriate chest-thumping, and unwarranted air of entitlement, they're lucky still to shovel my driveway. And global warming soon will solve that dilemma.

Bogus Megapardus
November 15th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Why do Lehigh fans even care? Last I heard Colgate was your real rival, and the Leopards are simply an after thought for the brown chickens.

This is true. Lehigh fans for years now have said they consider the Lafayette game to be irrelevant. Their rivals are Colgate and Penn, it seems. In fact, as of right now, there's no mention whatsoever of the Lafayette-Lehigh game on the Lehigh Board. Just a lot of gloating about how they managed to beat Georgetown. How nice for them.

It looks to me, then, that they probably won't even show up to play Saturday.

Bogus Megapardus
November 15th, 2010, 11:31 AM
From a football perspective, why not start here:

RYAN O'NEIL
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/6679/oneil.jpg

CHRIS LUM
http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/7131/lumd.jpg

Now, again, how much better did you say you are at the quarterback position? O'Neil has many fewer snaps than Lum, of course.

SOURCE: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/players

heath
November 15th, 2010, 11:57 AM
How in the hell did you go 2-8 if your QB is better? WOW,.... the rest of the team must really suck,or be young,or BOTH

Franks Tanks
November 15th, 2010, 12:08 PM
How in the hell did you go 2-8 if your QB is better? WOW,.... the rest of the team must really suck,or be young,or BOTH

Clearly the QB play is not the problem. Shall I make a flow chart with crayons so Lehigh folks can grasp the concept?

Lehigh Football Nation
November 15th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Lafayette sucks.

(Sorry for the tepid nature of my smack right now, but I was busy waxing philosophic about Lehigh's historic season, new Top 25 ranking, top-ranked Patriot League defense, and speculating as to where Lehigh will be playing in the playoffs the week after Thanksgiving. I'm sure the smack will get better later in the week. I apologize.)

PS. Like the avatar?

The Last Engineer
November 15th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Clearly the QB play is not the problem. Shall I make a flow chart with crayons so Lehigh folks can grasp the concept?

Actually, the flow chart would be useful considering the sheer volume and depth of the issues for Lafayette this year. I am not surprised that crayons would be the only writing implements that Lafayette folks know how (or would be trusted) to use.

heath
November 15th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Last I heard is that Frank left the crayons and coloring books in the coaches office,he took them away from the team after the last loss.

Franks Tanks
November 15th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Lafayette sucks.

(Sorry for the tepid nature of my smack right now, but I was busy waxing philosophic about Lehigh's historic season, new Top 25 ranking, top-ranked Patriot League defense, and speculating as to where Lehigh will be playing in the playoffs the week after Thanksgiving. I'm sure the smack will get better later in the week. I apologize.)

PS. Like the avatar?

I know it's been a while for you guys. We'll let you enjoy it for one year.

The Last Engineer
November 15th, 2010, 01:18 PM
I just realized that name "Franks Tanks" could be a clever way of referring to Lafayette's last two games against Lehigh.

Q: How did the Lepers perform against Lehigh in 2008 and 2009?
A: They "tanked" due largely to coaching mistakes... you know, "Frank's Tanks".

Incidentally, the upcoming loss on Saturday will even Tavani's career record at 62-62.

Franks Tanks
November 15th, 2010, 01:22 PM
I just realized that name "Franks Tanks" could be a clever way of referring to Lafayette's last two games against Lehigh.

Q: How did the Lepers perform against Lehigh in 2008 and 2009?
A: They "tanked" due largely to coaching mistakes... you know, "Frank's Tanks".

Incidentally, the upcoming loss on Saturday will even Tavani's career record at 62-62.

Yes, we played poorly the last two years in the game, but even with the win in those games the brown chickens still had a losing record for the season.

The Leopards will be the under dogs for the first time in a while against Lehigh and I expect them to play loose and with reckless abandon. It's easier to do that when you have nothing to play for but pride. Just like Lehigh for the last several years.

The Last Engineer
November 15th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Yes, we played poorly the last two years in the game, but even with the win in those games the brown chickens still had a losing record for the season.

The Leopards will be the under dogs for the first time in a while against Lehigh and I expect them to play loose and with reckless abandon. It's easier to do that when you have nothing to play for but pride. Just like Lehigh for the last several years.

You should be very familiar with that scenario if you followed Lafayette football in 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, or 2001.

Just did a quick search for Lafayette's last playoff win. Still waiting on Google to come up with an answer on that one...

ngineer
November 15th, 2010, 01:28 PM

You wish you could play Loose...unfortunately the only thing loose will be the 'pards bowels as they approach game time.

Lafalumni29
November 15th, 2010, 01:30 PM
That's very funny.

You know, I'll always have a fondness for Lehigh. No, really. You know that letter I got letting me know I got into my safety school? I keep it to this very day. I actually hang it around my rear-view mirror.

The cops read it and assume it's a handicap tag.

xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox

That's going to be tough to beat.....

ngineer
November 15th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Which, of course, is what "The Marching 97" do with their allegedly "student run" band. What's omitted here is exactly whose students are involved:

Our band members are Lafayette College students. Apparently not so with the Goose-Stepping 97. Now that I think about it, has anyone checked the student IDs of the Lehigh football players? For an institution notorious for its its rule-bending, infraction-dodging, and SEC-level graduation success, I wouldn't put anything past them.

You are correct that ANY student in college in the Lehigh Valley can join the '97 since it is the ONLY college marching band around. Even the dorks at Laugheyette can march if they could only learn to put one foot behind the other. So there may be a Muhlenberg, Moravian, Cedar Crest, DeSales of even a Laugheyette student in this student run club. Lafayette has shriveled from when I was in school. Used to have a band, used to have a wrestling team, used to to be a basketball power...they seem to have gotten "used" to it..

Franks Tanks
November 15th, 2010, 01:40 PM
You are correct that ANY student in college in the Lehigh Valley can join the '97 since it is the ONLY college marching band around. Even the dorks at Laugheyette can march if they could only learn to put one foot behind the other. So there may be a Muhlenberg, Moravian, Cedar Crest, DeSales of even a Laugheyette student in this student run club. Lafayette has shriveled from when I was in school. Used to have a band, used to have a wrestling team, used to to be a basketball power...they seem to have gotten "used" to it..

Since Lafayette isn't 75% male its hard to have a wrastling team. With the lack of attractive women on campus the Lehigh male population needs something to do on cold winter night-- rolling around in tights on a mat seems to do the trick.

Bogus Megapardus
November 15th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Since Lafayette isn't 75% male its hard to have a wrastling team. With the lack of attractive women on campus the Lehigh male population needs something to do on cold winter night-- rolling around in tights on a mat seems to do the trick.

You know, Tanks, it finally occurred to me why Good-for-Nothing Stadium still has a grass field, and why it's always in such bad shape.

That's where their coeds graze.

Franks Tanks
November 15th, 2010, 02:13 PM
You know, Tanks, it finally occurred to me why Good-for-Nothing Stadium still has a grass field, and why it's always in such bad shape.

That's where their coeds graze.

Lets not forget the campus built into a hill that would be better served as a ski slope. I guess that steep hill helps shape the thick thighs of Lehigh women.

Bogus Megapardus
November 15th, 2010, 02:13 PM
So there may be a Muhlenberg, Moravian, Cedar Crest, DeSales of even a Laugheyette student in this student run club.

Yet the most popular recruiting venue for the Larching 97 is none of them.

http://gfisher.blogspot.com/uploaded_images/PSD_front-719226.jpeg

heath
November 15th, 2010, 02:17 PM

Gonna step in here and be the judge as far as the attractive woman smack goes. Having been to both campuses during the past 2 years,I told a friend after returning from Lafayette that those were some of the most unattractive college girls I'd seen(true story) The freshman 15 never stopped....,and forget birth control,unless a male nerd at the school has his beer goggles on,or taking a dare,he should never attempt to mount one of THOSE .Lehigh does have some cute girls,with some less fortunate co-eds mixed in, but damn, there are no troughs in the dining halls like in Easton.-Now Back to Football,.............honestly Frank?

The Last Engineer
November 15th, 2010, 02:19 PM
"The Truth Shall Make You Free" acronym of the day...

Losing
At
Fisher
Angers
You
Easton
Turds
To
Extremes

Franks Tanks
November 15th, 2010, 02:21 PM
Gonna step in here and be the judge as far as the attractive woman smack goes. Having been to both campuses during the past 2 years,I told a friend after returning from Lafayette that those were some of the most unattractive college girls I'd seen(true story) The freshman 15 never stopped....,and forget birth control,unless a male nerd at the school has his beer goggles on,or taking a dare,he should never attempt to mount one of THOSE .Lehigh does have some cute girls,with some less fortunate co-eds mixed in, but damn, there are no troughs in the dining halls like in Easton.-Now Back to Football,.............honestly Frank?

Clearly the fine young and very attractive ladies of Lafayette saw you coming and walked in the other direction. They know when to stay away.

heath
November 15th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Clearly the fine young and very attractive ladies of Lafayette saw you coming and walked in the other direction. They know when to stay away.

no,they heard the dinner bell and were totally distracted

Franks Tanks
November 15th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Also yes back to football.

All time record in the game

Lafayette 76
Lehigh 64
5 ties

Lehigh Football Nation
November 15th, 2010, 02:33 PM

Losing
At
Fisher
Angers
You
Easton
Turds
To
Extremes

I have to say this made me laugh. A lot.

Bogus Megapardus
November 15th, 2010, 02:38 PM
It's evident from the Patriot team profiles that the Fountain Pigeons are so dominating in every category that the Leopards ought to simply pack it in.

We're just terrified of you.

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/2332/teamstats.jpg

Source: http://www.patriotleague.org/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/patr-m-footbl-CumulativeStats.html

Bogus Megapardus
November 15th, 2010, 02:41 PM

Losing
At
Fisher
Angers
You
Easton
Turds
To
Extremes

Oh, my.

May I have permission to come up with a few (dozen) of these, too?

Puleeeze?

The Last Engineer
November 15th, 2010, 02:48 PM
The only stats that matter are the ones on the scoreboard.

Scoring Offense:
Lehigh - 24.9 ppg (31.0 ppg in PL)
Lafayette - 22.1 ppg (21.6 ppg in PL)

Scoring Defense:
Lehigh - 18.6 ppg (13.0 ppg in PL)
Lafayette - 27.8 ppg (25.0 ppg in PL)

And for the sake of the children, Bogus, please don't talk about Lafayette "packing it in". Don't ask, don't tell!

Bogus Megapardus
November 15th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Lady

Engineers

Humorously

Imitate

Grazing

Holsteins

The Last Engineer
November 15th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Lady

Engineers

Humorously

Imitate

Grazing

Holsteins

Meaning Lafayette co-eds?

Bogus Megapardus
November 15th, 2010, 02:57 PM
And for the sake of the children, Bogus, please don't talk about Lafayette "packing it in". Don't ask, don't tell!

Guilty. I was attempting to come up with an appropriate "LEHIGH" Acrostic while finishing that post.

I'm sure I'll be able to make up for it before the week is over (at which time I revert to a mild-mannered, humble and deferential AGS poster).

Franks Tanks
November 15th, 2010, 02:58 PM

I know you Lehigh guys have trouble with this whole nickname concept, but until further notice Engineers will refer to Lehigh students and alums.

Bogus Megapardus
November 15th, 2010, 02:59 PM

Ummm . . . no.

You're the Engineers.

Our school mascot is a Leopard.

But I'm sure you already knew that.

The Last Engineer
November 15th, 2010, 03:10 PM
I know you Lehigh guys have trouble with this whole nickname concept, but until further notice Engineers will refer to Lehigh students and alums.

Ummm . . . no.

You're the Engineers.

Our school mascot is a Leopard.

But I'm sure you already knew that.

In saying "Lafayette co-eds", I was referring to the "Grazing Holsteins" whom you say the Lady Engineers were imitating. An imitation is an act performed by one thing to act like another thing entirely. By that logic, I inferred that you believed that Lady Engineers are not grazing Holsteins. I concurred with that assessment and could only assume that you were speaking of something with which you were more familiar.

And, yes...

We are, we are, we are, we are the LEHIGH ENGINEERS
And we can, we can demolish 40 beers.
Drink rum, drink rum, drink rum, drink rum, and come along with us;
For we don't give a damn about any old man who don't give a damn about us.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 15th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Lady

Engineers

Humorously

Imitate

Grazing

Holsteins

Fair and balanced, I like this one too!

Franks Tanks
November 15th, 2010, 03:33 PM
http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-bethlehem-lehigh-naked-assault-20101115,0,2354715.story

"Police: Lehigh student goes on naked rampage after LSD 'trip'"

No joke nesessary with this one.

Bogus Megapardus
November 15th, 2010, 03:37 PM
A naked Lehigh University student high on LSD exposed himself to female students, pulled one to the ground on top of him and then pulled a fire alarm in a university dorm room this weekend, according to court documents.

Oh, what fortunate timing for us.

However, I'm not sure that "exposing oneself" to domestic livestock is a crime.

But if he was able to pull one of those heifers to the ground, I suspect he's a member of the football squad.

TheHunga58
November 15th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Lehigh on that Fischer Field Saturday against the Leopards
truly the boldest
the flashier
the silencer
the "Rankee"
No fear of leopard glare against the hawks heart, courage and dare
No go to the purple might on that hilltop….
Pards can make claims, but Lehigh wins the games!
Ok Ok Lafayette, we really do not hate you – after all – we need you for another " W " next fall!

Franks Tanks
November 15th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Lehigh on that Fischer Field Saturday against the Leopards
truly the boldest
the flashier
the silencer
the "Rankee"
No fear of leopard glare against the hawks heart, courage and dare
No go to the purple might on that hilltop….
Pards can make claims, but Lehigh wins the games!
Ok Ok Lafayette, we really do not hate you – after all – we need you for another " W " next fall!

Who gave the LSD guy internet access?

Bogus Megapardus
November 15th, 2010, 03:49 PM

The Mods. Seems they'll let anyone in this thread.

Go...gate
November 15th, 2010, 04:21 PM
My waist size is smaller than yours.........your cars stereo speakers blow...............your wife was my safety girl..................LET THE GEEKS BEGIN! This will be a long pathetic week unless you ladies start talking football smack. Lehigh will win by- the same number of dorks tailgating on the top of parking garage that have now come out of the closet this year-Double Digits

LOL!

Go...gate
November 15th, 2010, 04:26 PM
It's evident from the Patriot team profiles that the Fountain Pigeons are so dominating in every category that the Leopards ought to simply pack it in.

Source: http://www.patriotleague.org/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/patr-m-footbl-CumulativeStats.html

It's also evident from the Patriot team profiles that Colgate was a pretty good team, even though the Engineers murdered us. ; )

TheHunga58
November 15th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Lafayette at 2 - 9 is all i need to feel "Oh So Fine"! LOL yessss...or as you will be hearing alot of from Gary Laubach on tv this Saturday;
"OH MY....Lehigh is going in for another score....OH MY"!

heath
November 15th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Late in the 4th Quarter-
Bogus Nerdapardus:"I just want to say that I'm a nerd,and I'm here tonight to stand up for other nerds.I mean,all our lives we've been laughed at,put down and made to feel inferior.And tonight those Engineers,they whooped our asses.Why?Cause we're smart,cause we look different?Well we're not.I'm a nerd and uh,I'm pretty proud of it."
Franks Tanks:"Hi Bogie,I'm a nerd too.I just found that out tonight.We have news for the winners of the 146th,there's a lot less of us than there are of you.I know there are Lafayette alumni on the field tonight.When you were in Easton you might've been called a spazz,a dork,or a geek.Any of you that have ever felt stepped on,left out of a band,picked on,put down,if your a nerd and want to join Bogie and myself cheer these 2-9 pussies back to their locker room,come down here and join us."
LC coaches:"NERDS!NERDS!NERDS!

LehighFan11
November 15th, 2010, 06:51 PM

You can make stats say whatever you want them to. Bottom line is Lehigh has 8 Ws while Lafayette has 2. If Lafayette was so "evenly matched" compared to Lehigh based on the stats, then you'd think maybe Lafayette would atleast be .500. Oh wait, maybe all those offensive yards came when Lafayette was bending over to Harvard and Columbia and they brought in the scrubs. That surely isn't it. Duh!

Bogus Megapardus
November 15th, 2010, 06:55 PM
maybe all those offensive yards came when Lafayette was bending over to Harvard and Columbia and they brought in the scrubs.

You know, if anyone's going to be bending over, it will be after Lehigh drops the soap this weekend. This is going to be real good.

LehighFan11
November 15th, 2010, 06:58 PM

And what exactly does Lehigh have to play for that Lafayette doesn't? Lehigh has the PL Champ and a guaranteed first round game. You think Lehigh can get a bye in the playoffs? Ha. You think losing to Lafayette hurts Lehigh's chances of hosting a first round game? Ha. (Remember 2004). If Lehigh wants a home game regardless of this Saturday's result, they will throw the NCAA a fat check and get their home game. It's funny that Lafayette's best chance of winning results from "we will play loose".

LehighFan11
November 15th, 2010, 06:59 PM
You know, if anyone's going to be bending over, it will be after Lehigh drops the soap this weekend. This is going to be real good.

Oh that was original.

Franks Tanks
November 15th, 2010, 07:41 PM
And what exactly does Lehigh have to play for that Lafayette doesn't? Lehigh has the PL Champ and a guaranteed first round game. You think Lehigh can get a bye in the playoffs? Ha. You think losing to Lafayette hurts Lehigh's chances of hosting a first round game? Ha. (Remember 2004). If Lehigh wants a home game regardless of this Saturday's result, they will throw the NCAA a fat check and get their home game. It's funny that Lafayette's best chance of winning results from "we will play loose".

Of course it hurts your chance for a home game. 2004 was a long time ago in the FCS world.

ngineer
November 15th, 2010, 11:22 PM

[IMG]http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/2332/teamstats.jpg[/IM

Someone forgot to tell your players the object is to win the game.

Franks Tanks
November 16th, 2010, 07:51 AM
Late in the 4th Quarter-
Bogus Nerdapardus:"I just want to say that I'm a nerd,and I'm here tonight to stand up for other nerds.I mean,all our lives we've been laughed at,put down and made to feel inferior.And tonight those Engineers,they whooped our asses.Why?Cause we're smart,cause we look different?Well we're not.I'm a nerd and uh,I'm pretty proud of it."
Franks Tanks:"Hi Bogie,I'm a nerd too.I just found that out tonight.We have news for the winners of the 146th,there's a lot less of us than there are of you.I know there are Lafayette alumni on the field tonight.When you were in Easton you might've been called a spazz,a dork,or a geek.Any of you that have ever felt stepped on,left out of a band,picked on,put down,if your a nerd and want to join Bogie and myself cheer these 2-9 pussies back to their locker room,come down here and join us."
LC coaches:"NERDS!NERDS!NERDS!

That wasn't funny or original. You guys aren't even making me laugh, this is pretty pathetic.

The Last Engineer
November 16th, 2010, 08:10 AM
Your "Truth Shall Make You Free" acronym of the day...

Leopards
As
Fearsome
As
Yogurt.
Edge
To
The
Engineers!

superman7515
November 16th, 2010, 08:24 AM
Lehigh
Engineers
Hump
Infected
Gangrenous
Heifers

The Last Engineer
November 16th, 2010, 09:04 AM
Lehigh
Engineers
Hump
Infected
Gangrenous
Heifers

Only when those Heifers escape from Newark after cheering for your team in that great rivalry game you have with West Chester.

Bogus Megapardus
November 16th, 2010, 09:17 AM
LSD

Everyday

Helps

Illiterates

Get

High

superman7515
November 16th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Only when those Heifers escape from Newark after cheering for your team in that great rivalry game you have with West Chester.

Easy there Engine Engine #9. You've never beaten the Rams by more than 5 points. They might be able to take ya.

The Last Engineer
November 16th, 2010, 09:26 AM
LSD

Everyday

Helps

Illiterates

Get

High

That's actually pretty good... but come up with your own schtick next time.

The Last Engineer
November 16th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Easy there Engine Engine #9. You've never beaten the Rams by more than 5 points. They might be able to take ya.

I assume that you are talking about the 1986 game. I believe that is also the last time Lehigh played a sub-Division I team. But I digress as this thread is about LEHIGH-Lafayette... not UDel. Go play in your own yard.

connor
November 16th, 2010, 11:15 AM
How can anyone believe that any of you graduated from such fine institutions as Lehigh and Lafayette. The same names over and over again. How can you do this to the great rivalry of Lehigh -Lafayette? Shame on you.

Franks Tanks
November 16th, 2010, 12:09 PM
How can anyone believe that any of you graduated from such fine institutions as Lehigh and Lafayette. The same names over and over again. How can you do this to the great rivalry of Lehigh -Lafayette? Shame on you.

Everyone knows the grammatically correct usage is dictated by alphabetical order. Amry-Navy, Michigan-Ohio State etc.

The Last Engineer
November 16th, 2010, 12:25 PM
Everyone knows the grammatically correct usage is dictated by alphabetical order. Amry-Navy, Michigan-Ohio State etc.

I am more concerned that someone thinks Lafayette is a fine institution.

On, brave old AMRY team... eh, Frank's?

Franks Tanks
November 16th, 2010, 12:33 PM
I am more concerned that someone thinks Lafayette is a fine institution.

On, brave old AMRY team... eh, Frank's?

You have resorted to calling out typo's. Pathetic.

heath
November 16th, 2010, 01:29 PM

FTs' word of the day is: Pathetic-a useful and meaningful adjective, learned early as a freshman while wandering or staggering around Easton to describe the crappy little campus of Lafayette.

heath
November 16th, 2010, 01:30 PM
That wasn't funny or original. You guys aren't even making me laugh, this is pretty pathetic.

See above

The Last Engineer
November 16th, 2010, 02:09 PM

I probably would not have done it if you weren't chastising connor for his grammar. It just struck me as a little "embaressing", similar to post #46 in this thread. Incidentally, would you consider "typo's" another typo or merely another item in the ongoing indictment of your Lafayette education? xchinscratchx

Franks Tanks
November 16th, 2010, 02:13 PM
I probably would not have done it if you weren't chastising connor for his grammar. It just struck me as a little "embaressing", similar to post #46 in this thread. Incidentally, would you consider "typo's" another typo or merely another item in the ongoing indictment of your Lafayette education? xchinscratchx

Unlike you I have a job and don't have 15 minutes to compose each post.

The Last Engineer
November 16th, 2010, 02:21 PM
Unlike you I have a job and don't have 15 minutes to compose each post.

True. You have to keep those fries moving or the drive-thru line gets backed up.

Franks Tanks
November 16th, 2010, 02:33 PM
True. You have to keep those fries moving or the drive-thru line gets backed up.

Wow you got me!

I guess this thread is pretty much dead when the only retorts are "You made a typo" and "You work at McDonald's"

RichH2
November 16th, 2010, 02:39 PM
A point Frank, lets go back to trashing coeds . A creative lull on both sides altho the acronyms are creative and funny. Dont worry the barbs will pick up the closer we get to GAME time. Much as I *****ed at him last year, I do miss 94's acerbic , if sometimes over the top, humor.

The Last Engineer
November 16th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Wow you got me!

I guess this thread is pretty much dead when the only retorts are "You made a typo" and "You work at McDonald's"

My God, the world certainly hopes this is over. Let's turn our attention back to football.

Why has Lafayette had so much trouble with recruiting the last couple years? Seriously... the team was doing well and put all that money into the stadium renovations and facility improvements. You'd think that would have made the recruiting process that much more fruitful.

Go...gate
November 16th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Is the failure to resolve the scholarship issue proving to be a greater-than-expected problem for Lafayette's recruiting efforts?

Franks Tanks
November 16th, 2010, 03:07 PM
My God, the world certainly hopes this is over. Let's turn our attention back to football.

Why has Lafayette had so much trouble with recruiting the last couple years? Seriously... the team was doing well and put all that money into the stadium renovations and facility improvements. You'd think that would have made the recruiting process that much more fruitful.

We have been recruiting young men that will graduate so that narrows our pool a bit.

We still have plenty of very talented athletes on our team and have had some wonderful recruiting classes recently. Last year's class had 2 central Florida top 100 players. About 95 of those 100 players received FBS scholarships. However, our junior class had some key injuries and defections and we had a very small sophomore class. Basically this team lacked depth and some of our young guys were asked to play earlier than expected. Also just about everything has gone wrong. Our starting RB has only played 2 games all season, and our D has been crushed and forced is to start many freshmen. Even with all this 6 of our losses have been by 10 points or less, and only Harvard dominated us. We also beat a full scholarship Stony Brook team, and it look like they will win the Big South. In conclusion everything has gone wrong for us this year. Better enjoy it when you can.

Franks Tanks
November 16th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Is the failure to resolve the scholarship issue proving to be a greater-than-expected problem for Lafayette's recruiting efforts?

I don't think so. Our scholarship equivalencies were reduced a bit due to budget issues apparently, and that accounted for our small sophomore class. Expect a huge recruiting class this year as we will get back to our normal 55-60 equivalencies. If scholarships are a go we will be well positioned to bring in the maximum number of 25 scholarship players.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 16th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Pard94's blog, the Leopard's Lair, has been dead since September.

Much like Lafayette's football season.

*rimshot*

(Thank you, thank you. Please remember to tip your waitress.)

Bogus Megapardus
November 16th, 2010, 03:36 PM
Pard94's blog, the Leopard's Lair, has been dead since September.

Much like Lafayette's football season.

*rimshot*

(Thank you, thank you. Please remember to tip your waitress.)

Likewise, there's not a single mention of the Lafayette-Lehigh game on LFN's Lehigh Sports Forum. To the extent anyone at all goes there (which is rare), they talk wrasslin'.

Lehigh people go to the Lafayette board for their PL information and discussion. At least those who are allowed to use the internet.

heath
November 16th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Question for the "main players". Do you 2 schools recruit the same players or is the FCS pool so great you never run into recruiting battles? While responding honestly,feel free to throw in some good smack.

van
November 16th, 2010, 04:31 PM

They spent all their efforts recruiting female weight lifters. Frank and Bogus now confuse them with heifers.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 16th, 2010, 04:55 PM
They spent all their efforts recruiting female weight lifters. Frank and Bogus now confuse them with heifers.

This is Lafayette's secret Title IX plan. Shhhhh.....

Franks Tanks
November 16th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Question for the "main players". Do you 2 schools recruit the same players or is the FCS pool so great you never run into recruiting battles? While responding honestly,feel free to throw in some good smack.

The PL plays in a small pool. Between the league academic index and our need-based financial aid system we limit ourselves to a pretty small group of potential recruits. A player is typically recruited by more than one PL school, especially those players that reside in the normal PL recruiting areas.

Some schools find far off recruiting areas, and in those situations the school may be the only PL school on that recruit. For example Holy Cross recruits Ohio hard, and the other PL schools don't have much of a presence there so they may not face competition from another PL school.

heath
November 16th, 2010, 07:21 PM
The PL plays in a small pool. Between the league academic index and our need-based financial aid system we limit ourselves to a pretty small group of potential recruits. A player is typically recruited by more than one PL school, especially those players that reside in the normal PL recruiting areas.

Some schools find far off recruiting areas, and in those situations the school may be the only PL school on that recruit. For example Holy Cross recruits Ohio hard, and the other PL schools don't have much of a presence there so they may not face competition from another PL school.

Noticed many prep/private school kids on roster.Why is that. I always thought public high school players were usually a step up from most but not all private players because of better competition.

Franks Tanks
November 16th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Noticed many prep/private school kids on roster.Why is that. I always thought public high school players were usually a step up from most but not all private players because of better competition.

Some of those kids may not be getting any financial aid. It is a good way to fill out the roster without providing funds. Some may turn into players, others may not, but they may help with scout and special teams.

Pards Rule
November 16th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Likewise, there's not a single mention of the Lafayette-Lehigh game on LFN's Lehigh Sports Forum. To the extent anyone at all goes there (which is rare), they talk wrasslin'.

Lehigh people go to the Lafayette board for their PL information and discussion. At least those who are allowed to use the internet.

Really?!?! LFN - whats up with that?!? I will be attending my 31st game.

ngineer
November 16th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Some of those kids may not be getting any financial aid. It is a good way to fill out the roster without providing funds. Some may turn into players, others may not, but they may help with scout and special teams.

In addition, sometimes these guys have families that can afford LC or LU or the difference between any grant-in-aid that a lot of public players cannot. It is a shallow pool from which we all plumb against each other.

ngineer
November 16th, 2010, 09:32 PM
At our church's Board of Trustees meeting tonight, wherein two members are Laugheyette alums, under "new business" I inquired of the Pastor if the Sanctuary could be reserved for a Memorial Service for Leo Pard on Sunday afternoon, November 21. The Pastor was dutifully taking notes and asked whether Mr. Pard was related to me or another member of the congregation, to which I duly noted that two members of the BOT were 'quite close' to him. Reality then sunk in and accompanied by the usual groan and a thrown pen.xsmiley_wix

ngineer
November 16th, 2010, 09:36 PM
Was also getting my hair cut this afternoon up on College Hill near the trash dump called Laugheyette. A fellow member of the Bar and Laugheyette alum was in the chair next me. The usual good natured ribbing occurred, but as I was getting ready to leave, the 'pard asked "Aren't you going to wish us luck?" To which I replied, "Hell no! Because that is the only way you can beat us!" He agreed.

The Last Engineer
November 17th, 2010, 06:41 AM
Your "Truth Shall Make You Free" acronym of the day...

Leopards
Are
Fierce
And
Yet
Endangered.
Thank
Their
Education...

Bogus Megapardus
November 17th, 2010, 07:25 AM
How Brilliant Minds Operate -

According to the Lehigh Sports Forum, Lehigh students

"cannot tailgate unless they completely remove their tailgate equipment/setups etc, BEFORE the game starts. Therefore, the students would have to take all of their equipment, etc. back over the hill to their residences and then come back to the game. Rather the hassle, the students choose to stay at the tailgate and watch the game on TV."

Way to go, numbnuts. Keep in mind that S-Hole of a stadium of theirs is about fifty miles or something from their cesspool campus.

ngineer
November 17th, 2010, 07:57 AM

"cannot tailgate unless they completely remove their tailgate equipment/setups etc, BEFORE the game starts. Therefore, the students would have to take all of their equipment, etc. back over the hill to their residences and then come back to the game. Rather the hassle, the students choose to stay at the tailgate and watch the game on TV."

Way to go, numbnuts. Keep in mind that S-Hole of a stadium of theirs is about fifty miles or something from their cesspool campus.

That was my post, but your observation is wrong. Student turnout was very good before this new policy went into effect. The stadium has not moved since it opened in 1988. But if the numbnuts in the Administration continue this practice of harrassment, the attendance will not improve to any significant degree even if the team begins some sustained winning seasons. a couple thousand students 'hanging out' outside of the stadium aint good.

LeopardFan04
November 17th, 2010, 08:55 AM
Oh dear, were you at the Matraxia?!?

Franks Tanks
November 17th, 2010, 09:02 AM
Oh dear, were you at the Matraxia?!?

I bet ngineer rocks a high & tight from the Matraxia!

At least he doesn't have to make a selection from their extensive collection of hair pieces for distinguised gentlemen.

The Last Engineer
November 17th, 2010, 09:54 AM

Obviously #146 on Saturday will boost Lafayette's annual attendance numbers. However, excluding #146, Lehigh still brought 500 more people a game to Goodman this season than you guys are brought to Fisher. No one can say that Lehigh student attendance is not way down this season, regardless of the reasons. That implies either that more people like coming to Goodman than they do to Fisher or that more people in general are Lehigh fans.

Personally, I feel it is both.

Franks Tanks
November 17th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Obviously #146 on Saturday will boost Lafayette's annual attendance numbers. However, excluding #146, Lehigh still brought 500 more people a game to Goodman this season than you guys are brought to Fisher. No one can say that Lehigh student attendance is not way down this season, regardless of the reasons. That implies either that more people like coming to Goodman than they do to Fisher or that more people in general are Lehigh fans.

You had your best year in a long time, and we had our worst. You beat us by only 500 people per game before Saturday!

Franks Tanks
November 17th, 2010, 10:21 AM

Oh and by the way Lafayette will lead the league in attendance for the 3rd straight year. We led the league last year even though we didn't host the game. Last year we had over 10k for Penn. When was the last time Lehigh hosted more than 10k for a non-Lafayette game.

Lafayette has 1/2 as many students and Lehigh and less alums. Therefore Lafayette attracts more non-students and non-alums to games than Lehigh.

http://www.goleopards.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/121709aaa.html

The Last Engineer
November 17th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Oh and by the way Lafayette will lead the league in attendance for the 3rd straight year.

That's pretty impressive for a 2-9 team.

Until you guys finally replaced those moldy wooden seats at Fisher, Lehigh led the PL in attendance for the previous, what was it, 18 years in a row? Don't worry... your attendance will slide back towards historical norms with your current and future struggles. By the 2012 Georgetown game, it might even be quiet enough for the 697 people in the stands to hear the soft sobbing of Tavani or whoever you get to replace him.

Franks Tanks
November 17th, 2010, 10:58 AM
Attendance was down because our stadium was uncomfortable. This is the new norm with our new stadium-- get used to it.

It is understandable that folks with no connection to either school choose to attend games at Lafayette more often. We offer an inviting family friendly atmosphere with quality young men on the field. Why attend Lehigh when they will encounter a bunch of drunken students dressed in neon pants acting a fool (see Lehigh-Nova 2010).

LehighFan11
November 17th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Lets be honest about the student situation, neither school's student population gives a crap about the football team until Lehigh-Laf. I was more into Lehigh sports before I came to Lehigh, then I realized how little people care.

Bogus Megapardus
November 17th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Attendance was down because our stadium was uncomfortable. This is the new norm with our new stadium-- get used to it.

It is understandable that folks with no connection to either school choose to attend games at Lafayette more often. We offer an inviting family friendly atmosphere with quality young men on the field. Why attend Lehigh when they will encounter a bunch of drunken students dressed in neon pants acting a fool (see Lehigh-Nova 2010).

The atmosphere at the "new" Fisher Field is stunning. The intro videos; the climbing wall for kids (sponsored by Camelback Mountain); the variety of concessions (whole pizzas delivered to your seat; fresh cheesesteaks; real nachos; the Coke Zone, etc.) and the new print-your-ticket-online system are things that no one in the PL can match right now.

The old place had wooden benches (over the concrete) that were damp and actually left splinters. Practically no press box, and a Goodman Stadium-style scoreboard that couldn't be seen on a sunny day. Plus the bathrooms were literately in a cave and consisted (at one point) of a troth with water running down it. And, of course, the team had to go all the way up to Metzgar to dress then bus back down to Fisher for the game.

It's a night-and-day improvement since 2006 and the attendance figures show it. The sell-out numbers for this years WIN over Lehigh will kick things up, and the numbers will only go up more once we start playing real scholarship teams.

Goodman Stadium? Good luck with that mudhole. It's all you can do just to coral your Grazing Heifers on gameday.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 17th, 2010, 11:37 AM
My annual post on the history of the rivalry, with some new goodies buried within:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2010/11/rivalry-history-of-series.html

(Lafayette fans can ask Lehigh fans for help with the multi-syllabic words.)

The Last Engineer
November 17th, 2010, 11:47 AM

After all, Lafayette students always act with class and respect. This story made news nationally:

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebasketball/story/College-president-rips-fan-behavior-LAFAYETTE-COLLEGE-SUPPORTERS-acted-out-at-game-observers-say-67751082

The most common reaction, of course, was "You ever hear of Lafayette College?" The most common answer was "That's right... it's that school that Lehigh plays in football every year."

This confusion is understandable since the Lafayette Sports Network doesn't get a lot of exposure outside of the, ahem, LEHIGH Valley while Lehigh games are routinely broadcast nationally on Fox College Sports Atlantic. Actually, the widespread availability of Lehigh games on TV might also account for some of the recent drop in our attendance.

Back to the original point: There are idiots on both sides of The Rivalry, both on the field and off. That's part of what keeps this thing going so strong. The hatred runs very deep but most of us realize that Lehigh-Lafayette is a bigger deal than either school could manage alone.

Especially since Lafayette sucks. xnodx

Franks Tanks
November 17th, 2010, 12:01 PM
After all, Lafayette students always act with class and respect. This story made news nationally:

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebasketball/story/College-president-rips-fan-behavior-LAFAYETTE-COLLEGE-SUPPORTERS-acted-out-at-game-observers-say-67751082

The most common reaction, of course, was "You ever hear of Lafayette College?" The most common answer was "That's right... it's that school that Lehigh plays in football every year."

"The Lafayette Sports Network, the national leader in Division I FCS television coverage, will televise all 11 regular-season Lafayette football games for the eighth straight year. Now in its 14th year, LSN has become a staple for Leopard fans both regionally and across the country. LSN's traditional live distribution to more than 10 million homes on RCN-4 and WBPH-60 covering all of Eastern Pennsylvania will be enhanced this season by live coverage on all of RCN's cable systems in major markets along the East coast. RCN subscribers in Boston (226,000), New York City (250,000), Philadelphia (382,000) and Washington, D.C. (131,000) will be able to watch all 11 Lafayette games on RCN-8.

New to the LSN distribution list this season are ESPN GamePlan, ESPN's pay per view service, and ESPN3.com, ESPN's broadband service. These ESPN outlets are picking up as many as seven LSN telecasts throughout the 2010 football season."

All LSN football telecasts will be picked up for the 10th straight year by DIRECTV and DISH Network outlets, available to more than 90 million viewers nationally via the Mid Atlantic Sports Network (MASN). MASN, which is available regionally and nationally on DIRECTV channel 640 and DISH Network channel 432, is the official television home of the Baltimore Orioles, Washington Nationals and Baltimore Ravels and reaches nearly 6 million homes in a seven-state region from Harrisburg, Pa. to Charlotte, N.C. Each LSN football telecast will air tape-delay on MASN on the Tuesday following each contest"

http://www.goleopards.com/multimedia/2010FBTVSchedule.html

Lafayette games are available live to 10 million viewers via RCN and WBPH-60 all over the East Coast, and up to 90 million viewers on tape delay via MASN. In addition 3/4 of our games have been broadcast live on ESPN3 where anyone with internet access could watch the feed. Many weeks only 2 or 3 FCS games were available via ESPN3 and Lafayette was one of them.

Sure beats Service Electric TV2

Bogus Megapardus
November 17th, 2010, 12:04 PM

This confusion is understandable since the Lafayette Sports Network doesn't get a lot of exposure outside of the, ahem, LEHIGH Valley while Lehigh games are routinely broadcast nationally on Fox College Sports Atlantic. Actually, the widespread availability of Lehigh games on TV might also account for some of the recent drop in our attendance.

Back to the original point: There are idiots on both sides of The Rivalry, both on the field and off. That's part of what keeps this thing going so strong. The hatred runs very deep but most of us realize that Lehigh-Lafayette is a bigger deal than either school could manage alone.

Our administration felt that student behavior left something to be desired that afternoon. Whether you agree with the action or not, at least out guy manned up and did something - and he took the heat for it, too. Manning up is not something Lehigh wrasslers would know much about.

The best thing about having this game at Lafayette of course, is that your drunken alumni - not students - will have less of an opportunity to accost the teenage daughters of your invited guests, like they did last year in Bethlehem.

Just because our administration showed the balls to step and and say something while yours didn't, I wouldn't go throwing stones in glass houses.

heath
November 17th, 2010, 12:06 PM
How come when you google Lafayette Football and start typing....Lafayette F, the first result that appears is Lafayette FIELD HOCKEY? To brag about attendance when averaging almost 6,300 per game is a bit over the top. I guess you do need the Lehigh fans to help you lead the league in attendance.See,I knew you guys really help one another out when needed.

Bogus Megapardus
November 17th, 2010, 12:09 PM
How come when you google Lafayette Football and start typing....Lafayette F, the first result that appears is Lafayette FIELD HOCKEY?

Because our field hockey team beat you something like 106-0 this year and you couldn't even manage a single shot on goal.

My guess is that it's those thighs.

Franks Tanks
November 17th, 2010, 12:09 PM
How come when you google Lafayette Football and start typing....Lafayette F, the first result that appears is Lafayette FIELD HOCKEY? To brag about attendance when averaging almost 6,300 per game is a bit over the top. I guess you do need the Lehigh fans to help you lead the league in attendance.See,I knew you guys really help one another out when needed.

We led the league even without the Lafayette-Lehigh game last year, and have drawn more fans to Fisher when we play comparable opponents.

The Last Engineer
November 17th, 2010, 12:14 PM
We led the league even without the Lafayette-Lehigh game last year, and have drawn more fans to Fisher when we play comparable opponents.

... and lost.

heath
November 17th, 2010, 12:21 PM

Seems like there are way too many people in the Lehigh Valley area that even if both teams played at home on the same day,you could easily get 10-12,000 at each game.I know you guys have parking issues,but the price is right,the food is good and the level of football is OK.Will there be 15-16,000 on hand Saturday,and how many Lehigh fans will get in?

Bogus Megapardus
November 17th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Seems like there are way too many people in the Lehigh Valley area that even if both teams played at home on the same day,you could easily get 10-12,000 at each game.I know you guys have parking issues,but the price is right,the food is good and the level of football is OK.Will there be 15-16,000 on hand Saturday,and how many Lehigh fans will get in?

The game has been sold out for months, including Lehigh's full allotment on the visitor's side.

The Last Engineer
November 17th, 2010, 01:08 PM
The game has been sold out for months, including Lehigh's full allotment on the visitor's side.

Very tough ticket for the LU faithful to get this year. Lafayette apparently reduced the Lehigh ticket allotment by 800. Can't say that is surprising or unwarranted... gotta keep as much of a home-field advantage as possible. If you can sell more tickets to your own people you absolutely should. The number of Lehigh's alumni ticket requests was triple the amount of tickets available. The slightly reduced capacity of the renovated Fisher Field also works against Lehigh in this case. I am immensely pleased and relieved that I was able to get enough tickets for #146.

This all raises an interesting hypothetical question. Although it never will (and never should) happen, I wonder how many people would attend Lehigh-Lafayette if the game was moved to a larger, neutral stadium. I know that it would attract the 68,000 folks needed to fill The Linc in Philly, but how many people would go if the number of seats available actually exceeded the number of people who would attend if they were able? 20,000? More?

Franks Tanks
November 17th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Very tough ticket for the LU faithful to get this year. Lafayette apparently reduced the Lehigh ticket allotment by 800. Can't say that is surprising or unwarranted... gotta keep as much of a home-field advantage as possible. If you can sell more tickets to your own people you absolutely should. The number of Lehigh's alumni ticket requests was triple the amount of tickets available. The slightly reduced capacity of the renovated Fisher Field also works against Lehigh in this case. I am immensely pleased and relieved that I was able to get enough tickets for #146.

This all raises an interesting hypothetical question. Although it never will (and never should) happen, I wonder how many people would attend Lehigh-Lafayette if the game was moved to a larger, neutral stadium. I know that it would attract the 68,000 folks needed to fill The Linc in Philly, but how many people would go if the number of seats available actually exceeded the number of people who would attend if they were able? 20,000? More?

I think we could get 25k, but the game would have to take place in the Lehigh Valley. I believe we are bringing in some temporary bleachers for the endzone near Kirby like we did in 08, that should add an additional 1,500 seats.

The Last Engineer
November 17th, 2010, 01:47 PM
I think we could get 25k, but the game would have to take place in the Lehigh Valley. I believe we are bringing in some temporary bleachers for the endzone near Kirby like we did in 08, that should add an additional 1,500 seats.

Those temporary stands are how my group is getting in the stadium this year. We used to have temporary stands at either end zone of Goodman for Lehigh-Lafayette. That how we got a 16,000-seat stadium to hold 19,110 for the 1991 game... a.k.a. "The Riot". Not the finest public-relations moment for Lehigh...

25,000 would really be something but nothing outside of Philly holds that many people. Before the renovations, J. Birney Crum in Allentown held something like 20k but it is down to 15,000 now.

heath
November 17th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Heard the game is on FCS-Atlantic,but when I search and look at FCS-A on Comcast it shows Womens Basketball at noon,followed by some coaches shows. Anyone else have a problem or is it defenitely gonna be on. Would like to watch at home,but listening to you guys might be worth the trip and finding a ticket.xlolx

Pards Rule
November 17th, 2010, 07:50 PM
That was my post, but your observation is wrong. Student turnout was very good before this new policy went into effect. The stadium has not moved since it opened in 1988. But if the numbnuts in the Administration continue this practice of harrassment, the attendance will not improve to any significant degree even if the team begins some sustained winning seasons. a couple thousand students 'hanging out' outside of the stadium aint good.

Correction opened in 1989

heath
November 17th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Glad to see the new cold gear came in for the leopards, Lehigh got new Under Armour, Im sure they are jealous. The all black tights over top will be the icing on the cake.xlolx

Bogus Megapardus
November 17th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Heard the game is on FCS-Atlantic,but when I search and look at FCS-A on Comcast it shows Womens Basketball at noon,followed by some coaches shows. Anyone else have a problem or is it defenitely gonna be on. Would like to watch at home,but listening to you guys might be worth the trip and finding a ticket.xlolx

The game will be on ESPN3 and ESPN GamePlan, in addition to the usual outlets. If you make the trip you can probably pick up a ticket from the tailgaters. There are a couple available on StubHub.

heath
November 17th, 2010, 08:41 PM
The game will be on ESPN3 and ESPN GamePlan, in addition to the usual outlets. If you make the trip you can probably pick up a ticket from the tailgaters. There are a couple available on StubHub.

Thanks for the info,mother in law might be in the house,so might make the trip and stand in the parking lot if I have to.

ngineer
November 17th, 2010, 10:41 PM

I assumed our allotment was reduced from prior years since my seats are worse than two years ago. The older the alum, the better the seat. Lehigh also fills up a number of sections on Laugheyette's side of the field. Seniors and parents of players get priority on the visitor side behind the team. Lehigh could easily hold 20,000 at Goodman with the horseshoe being used, and in fact in 1991 The Game was held at Goodman the attendance was 19,110. I would imagine if held at Franklin Field you might get 30,000. A lot of alums from both schools in SE PA, South Jersey, DE and MD.

ngineer
November 17th, 2010, 10:45 PM
Correction opened in 1989

No, 1988 was the first season in Goodman. 1987 was the 'Frozen Tundra' game and last played at Taylor.

The Last Engineer
November 18th, 2010, 06:58 AM
Your "Truth Shall Make You Free" acronym of the day:

Lehigh
Always
Finds
Accumulating
Yardage
Easy
Thrashing
Those
Eastonians

Lehigh Football Nation
November 18th, 2010, 08:11 AM
My annual blog posting about the "excesses" in the run-up to the Rivalry:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2010/11/rivalry-history-of-craziness.html

Lafalumni29
November 18th, 2010, 08:34 AM
Apparently this Lehigh student missed the common sense class.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=039CBGA4S3k&feature=related

Glass + Head = Blood

Only at Lehigh

Franks Tanks
November 18th, 2010, 08:56 AM

Glass + Head = Blood

Only at Lehigh

Way to go Jenny.

Bogus Megapardus
November 18th, 2010, 11:29 AM

Glass + Head = Blood

Only at Lehigh

OK maybe I was wrong about your coeds.

RichH2
November 18th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Dont see where game on Atlantic. Game will be on MASN on Sunday morning.

RichH2
November 18th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Ah, young college students aren't they fun and a bit scary. Of course, none of us did anything remotely as stupid when we were in school. Any rumors to the contrary will be denied vigorously. Thank God there was no YouTube when I was in school. Of course, my kids think that horse drawn carriages were the rage when I was an Engineer.

Bogus Megapardus
November 18th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Ah, young college students aren't they fun and a bit scary. Of course, none of us did anything remotely as stupid when we were in school. Any rumors to the contrary will be denied vigorously. Thank God there was no YouTube when I was in school. Of course, my kids think that horse drawn carriages were the rage when I was an Engineer.

You know, I'd stack that video up against anything those SoCon or Southland schools can come up with.

I hereby take back two . . . no, three . . . vile things I've said about Lehigh this week. That's a true "Animal House" performance.

Aho_Old_Guy
November 18th, 2010, 12:43 PM
You know, I'd stack that video up against anything those SoCon or Southland schools can come up with.

I hereby take back two . . . no, three . . . vile things I've said about Lehigh this week. That's a true "Animal House" performance.

You are giving us wayyy too much credit.

Be advised you are required by state & Federal statute to include an Appalachian logo on any *Stoopid Human Trick* or *Dumb Student* video posted on the Internet.

Our shinning moment on the football field was offset by this gone but not forgotten highlight of the same week ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irm34Tr0_ZA&feature=channel

Chaff meets wheat about 2 minutes in xlolx

Thankfully, the greatest Appalachian student low-ments seldom range beyond the local newspaper/fish-wrap.

Pardon the interruption -- carry on, gentlemen

ngineer
November 18th, 2010, 12:59 PM

Glass + Head = Blood

Only at Lehigh

If you check out some of the other videos in that spread, I think it can be easily said that both schools provide equal opportunity for idiocy on both sides. See the flying Laugheyette asshole diving on to a folding table....I don't think either school has a corner on the maturity market during this week.

Bogus Megapardus
November 18th, 2010, 01:23 PM
I agree. I like videos, especially ones with Andy Romans (#17):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm8JGWJpi-4

Lafalumni29
November 18th, 2010, 01:27 PM
If you check out some of the other videos in that spread, I think it can be easily said that both schools provide equal opportunity for idiocy on both sides. See the flying Laugheyette asshole diving on to a folding table....I don't think either school has a corner on the maturity market during this week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmKI7JpKQiI&feature=related

If you're referring to the above, I'll claim that "asshole" versus the bleeding heifer any day!!!!

Franks Tanks
November 18th, 2010, 01:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmKI7JpKQiI&feature=related

If you're referring to the above, I'll claim that "asshole" versus the bleeding heifer any day!!!!

Her blood looked awfully dark. I know the brown chickens will claim that they "bleed brown", but the liquid coming out of her head very well may have been gravy.

Lafalumni29
November 18th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Her blood looked awfully dark. I know the brown chickens will claim that they "bleed brown", but the liquid coming out of her head very well may have been gravy.

Thaaaaaaat's what is was!!! I thought that was a biscuit in the other coed's hand, but wasn't sure. Thanks for clearing that up.

The Last Engineer
November 18th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Ever notice how all of the media outlets refer to the game as "Lehigh-Lafayette" and not the other way around?

letsgopards04
November 18th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Ever notice how all of the media outlets refer to the game as "Lehigh-Lafayette" and not the other way around?

They must have gone to Lehigh and are stupid. Alphabetical order please.

Bogus Megapardus
November 18th, 2010, 02:42 PM

No, I hadn't noticed that. The media outlet that covers most Patriot League games is LSN. LSN always refers to the school's names in the correct order.

Ever notice how common terminal, debilitating dyslexia has become in South Bethlehem?

The Last Engineer
November 18th, 2010, 03:16 PM
No, I hadn't noticed that. The media outlet that covers most Patriot League games is LSN. LSN always refers to the school's names in the correct order.

Ever notice how common terminal, debilitating dyslexia has become in South Bethlehem?

Must be why everyone keeping writing Lafasucks Yette...

heath
November 18th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Must be why everyone keeping writing Lafasucks Yette...

now thats funny!. Good Luck to both teams and FANS,DO NOT GET ARRESTED,but throw a few F bombs at one another and be safe.I will be looking forward to the post game smack/excuses.Will not be on AGS for a few days as I will be in the woods trying to shoot Thanksgiving dinner. Lot of fun this week.....Peace

Lehigh Football Nation
November 18th, 2010, 10:46 PM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2010/11/preview-of-146th-lehigh-at-lafayette.html

My preview of the 146th. Despite the records, this seems destined to be close. Call me crazy.

kardplayer
November 19th, 2010, 07:20 AM
The game will undoubtedly be close. Lafayette is doing this year what Lehigh has done in the past few years: 1-4 in games decided by 7 or less. That's exactly the kind of team that can pull off an "upset" (not that there can ever really be an upset in games between these two teams).

The Last Engineer
November 19th, 2010, 07:22 AM

Lose
Again,
Frank?
Another
Year
Ends
Terribly.
Thanks,
Engineers!

Bogus Megapardus
November 19th, 2010, 08:08 AM

Lose
Again,
Frank?
Another
Year
Ends
Terribly.
Thanks,
Engineers!

That's your best effort to date.

The Last Engineer
November 19th, 2010, 08:34 AM
That's your best effort to date.

Thanks. I was admittedly saving that one for today as I will be deeply engaged in decidedly off-line activities tomorrow.

Will the wind (15-25mph, 40mph gusts...) be a factor tomorrow? With the SW-NE orientation of the field, the kicking game is absolutely getting affected by a W wind. Not sure if it helps/hurts either offense that much, but the statistically favorable matchup of Lehigh's ground game against Lafayette's unusually porous run defense might come more into play.

All chest-puffing and trash-talking aside, I don't think that any rational individual thinks that this is going to be a walk for either side. The Leopards 2010 season looks a great deal like Lehigh's 2008 and 2009... key injuries, losing close games, nothing to play for other than that game the Saturday before Turkey Day. Having seen Lehigh pull off two highly unexpected wins in that situation, I know that Lafayette will be ready for war.

Lehigh won the last two regular season games despite far from perfect play on offense. The LU defense, however, has been very good for the last 6 games. The D plus Lehigh's decided advantage on special teams tells me that we're making it 3 in a row tomorrow. The Engineers know what it is like to be in Lafayette's shoes but the Leopards haven't been there before. It's no blowout, but the Georgetown wake-up call and playing for a home game in the playoffs should be enough motivation. A 10-point Lehigh win will have me sleeping soundly tomorrow night with dreams of that improbable home playoff game dancing in my head.

RichH2
November 19th, 2010, 12:21 PM
A close tough game is what I expect. Pards will be psyched. If LU starts slowly and lets LC hang around it will go into 4th q for game winner. Hope we get the wind in the 4th.

Pard4Life
November 19th, 2010, 04:01 PM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2010/11/preview-of-146th-lehigh-at-lafayette.html

My preview of the 146th. Despite the records, this seems destined to be close. Call me crazy.

As far as your blog archieves go back, you have only predicted the correct winner of the Lafayette-Lehigh Game ONCE.... last year... and your record does not include your 2006 wuss out "I don't know what the score will be." You have Lehigh winning by one this year....

Bogus Megapardus
November 19th, 2010, 04:52 PM
As far as your blog archieves go back, you have only predicted the correct winner of the Lafayette-Lehigh Game ONCE.... last year... and your record does not include your 2006 wuss out "I don't know what the score will be." You have Lehigh winning by one this year....

Between that and the Nostradamus prophecy, I think that seals it for the Pards.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 19th, 2010, 04:58 PM
Between that and the Nostradamus prophecy, I think that seals it for the Pards.

I think it seals it that you need your head examined.

:P

carney2
November 19th, 2010, 06:26 PM
Call me crazy.

You're feakin' crazy.

ngineer
November 19th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Mojo for the weekend got kicked off tonight at Stabler as Lehigh smashed the Michigan Wolverines, 25-6, before 3,000 fans. Mountain Hawks took 8 of 10 bouts. It was announced during the match that The Game will be televised on a 25 foot screen in Stabler Arena tomorrow with admission being $10 that included full tailgate food and drink. Michigan fans were invited to stay over and see what a real football rivalry is all about!xnodxxnodx

Pard4Life
November 19th, 2010, 10:56 PM
Well the weekend had a good start: Monmouth 69, Lehigh 68.

RichH2
November 20th, 2010, 08:32 AM
Off to the GAME, a wish for a good game and no injuries for either squad or if it gets rowdy for any fans. It may not be PC to say but it is simply fantastic to have the LU-LC rivailry.Each year and each game has its own drama and meaning to the squads, students and alumni. This will be my 46th game and of the many things I am thankful for in my life, this GAME ranks right up near the top.

Bogus Megapardus
November 20th, 2010, 08:43 AM
Brad Wilson in this morning's Express Times chimes in with Six Reasons Why Lafayette Will Win:

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/brad-wilson/index.ssf/2010/11/six_reasons_why_the_lafayette_leopards_will_win_th eir_football_rivalry_game_over_lehigh.html

Everyone please have a safe day and don't drive if you really shouldn't. And please don't pee on the towering Elms - what few are left are on College Hill. And, of course,

BEAT LEHIGH!!!

ngineer
November 20th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Hats off to the 'pards for a hard fought game. The emotions were high as usual and exceeded the execution. For the third week in a row Lehigh played a sloppy first half only to get focused and come back in the second half. The fear of letting Lafayette hang around was well entrenched at the half, down 10-7; but, the initial defensive series to start the second half culminating with the blocked punt was a huge boost. The missed extra point provided another groan of 'leaving the door open', but the magnificent 92 yard drive to go up by 10 was a back-breaker. Too many penalties, again, though some were very questionable from my binoculars. LU's TD called back from holding was ominous, but the defense played stout when it needed. MVP went to Lehigh LB Al Pierce--also the star of game #145. Not sure if a defensive player got the MVP in this game, before.

Now, tomorrow at 10 a.m. we find out our next destination. Fingers crossed for a game at Gooman!

RichH2
November 20th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Did we put in a bid?

ngineer
November 20th, 2010, 04:29 PM
Yes, from all I spoke to.

Franks Tanks
November 20th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Hats off to the 'pards for a hard fought game. The emotions were high as usual and exceeded the execution. For the third week in a row Lehigh played a sloppy first half only to get focused and come back in the second half. The fear of letting Lafayette hang around was well entrenched at the half, down 10-7; but, the initial defensive series to start the second half culminating with the blocked punt was a huge boost. The missed extra point provided another groan of 'leaving the door open', but the magnificent 92 yard drive to go up by 10 was a back-breaker. Too many penalties, again, though some were very questionable from my binoculars. LU's TD called back from holding was ominous, but the defense played stout when it needed. MVP went to Lehigh LB Al Pierce--also the star of game #145. Not sure if a defensive player got the MVP in this game, before.

Now, tomorrow at 10 a.m. we find out our next destination. Fingers crossed for a game at Gooman!

Engineers got lucky again.

RichH2
November 20th, 2010, 04:43 PM
True Tanks but key besides the blocked punt was your coach. Pitting a scat back vs a 240lb linebacker 3 times in a row from the 2 yd line. Boggles the mind.

Bogus Megapardus
November 20th, 2010, 04:45 PM
If Lehigh is putting in a playoff bid they should play at Fisher. They seem to do well here.

RichH2
November 20th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Seems so recently. I dread getting a trip to Richmond again which seems possible given Nova win over Del.

Franks Tanks
November 20th, 2010, 04:55 PM
True Tanks but key besides the blocked punt was your coach. Pitting a scat back vs a 240lb linebacker 3 times in a row from the 2 yd line. Boggles the mind.

That was bad, but the blocked punt really sealed it.

Bogus Megapardus
November 20th, 2010, 05:15 PM
That was bad, but the blocked punt really sealed it.

The blocked punt seemed like it was unfolding in slow motion. You knew it was going to happen and there was noting you could do about it. We led at the half and the game was always withing reach.

Go...gate
November 20th, 2010, 07:26 PM
I'm betting Lehigh hosts an NEC club in the First Round.

ngineer
November 20th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Engineers got lucky again.

Luck is what happens when you're ready for the opportunity when it presents itself. Our guys were ready.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 20th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Now the question is how "The Vote" affect these two programs. With the scholarship issue to be addressed in a couple weeks the PL and each of its members futures hang in the balance. If the league decides to go ahead with schollies and Lafayette decides to limit theirs while Lehigh goes for the maximum it could drastically affect the competitive balance of the rivalry. It will be VERY interesting to say the least.

hawkineer
November 20th, 2010, 09:10 PM
Luck is what happens when you're ready for the opportunity when it presents itself. Our guys were ready.
xbowx xbowx

Your updated signature looks good, nine Patriot League titles and eight 1-AA/FCS playoff appearances. xhurrayx

ngineer
November 20th, 2010, 09:21 PM
Now the question is how "The Vote" affect these two programs. With the scholarship issue to be addressed in a couple weeks the PL and each of its members futures hang in the balance. If the league decides to go ahead with schollies and Lafayette decides to limit theirs while Lehigh goes for the maximum it could drastically affect the competitive balance of the rivalry. It will be VERY interesting to say the least.

Even if we go schollie, we aren't going to be anywhere near the 'max'. I dare say we would be more in the 30-40 range.

Franks Tanks
November 20th, 2010, 09:41 PM

BS. Our special teams suck, and we handed you guys 2 games in a row because of major ST failures. Frank isn't one to fire assistants, but whoever runs our special teams needs to be fired or re-assigned.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 20th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Some great highlights on Sportscenter!!

ngineer
November 20th, 2010, 10:58 PM
BS. Our special teams suck, and we handed you guys 2 games in a row because of major ST failures. Frank isn't one to fire assistants, but whoever runs our special teams needs to be fired or re-assigned.

So it's "luck" that our special teams coach sees an opportunity to take advantage of a defect your punt protection????!! You may be right that your STs suck and have poor coaching, but that ain't "luck" for us to take advantage of it. It's smart. For all of the arrows Coen has taken, he and his staff, out coached Fearless Frank and Crew. Those three shots right into the heart of our defense on the goal line stand were insane. Your kids played with a lot of heart, but they were not the better team on the field today, despite how lousy we played.

Franks Tanks
November 21st, 2010, 09:36 AM
So it's "luck" that our special teams coach sees an opportunity to take advantage of a defect your punt protection????!! You may be right that your STs suck and have poor coaching, but that ain't "luck" for us to take advantage of it. It's smart. For all of the arrows Coen has taken, he and his staff, out coached Fearless Frank and Crew. Those three shots right into the heart of our defense on the goal line stand were insane. Your kids played with a lot of heart, but they were not the better team on the field today, despite how lousy we played.

You are lucky that our special teams have sucked for the last two years. You weren't the better team on the field and won last year because we played lousy--sometimes that happens. If you look at the stats Lehigh is hardly dominating. The Leopards led in nearly every major stat, but we again made the critical miscue on special teams.

Lehigh has been unimpressive every time I watched them this year, and won a very poor PL. I usually root for the PL champ in the playoffs but I can't do it this year. I hope the brown chickens get killed in Iowa.

LUHawker
November 21st, 2010, 09:43 AM
You are lucky that our special teams have sucked for the last two years. You weren't the better team on the field and won last year because we played lousy--sometimes that happens. If you look at the stats Lehigh is hardly dominating. The Leopards led in nearly every major stat, but we again made the critical miscue on special teams.

Lehigh has been unimpressive every time I watched them this year, and won a very poor PL. I usually root for the PL champ in the playoffs but I can't do it this year. I hope the brown chickens get killed in Iowa.

LC did a good job of paying off the refs, especially that bogus holding call on the called back TD. LU penalized for some ridiculous amount of yard, leading directly to 10 LC points.

RichH2
November 21st, 2010, 09:51 AM
Gee, Tanks you seem to be channeling '94 this year. Plenty of cr*p on both sides for woulda, coulda dispute. Bottom line we won.

Pard4Life
November 21st, 2010, 09:54 AM
Uh wow, are you a dumb-a or something? A no pass interfearance call led directly to the blocked punt and YOUR TD. On the last series Bennett was decked as O'Neil was getting ready to throw. An INT on a throw to Stripe was not called pass interfearance even though the defender was on his back and Stripe was unable to make a play. And oh nice personal foul penalties... what else can we expect from a classless program? Oh an ejection for throwing a PUNCH... like the first one ever.

Franks Tanks
November 21st, 2010, 10:03 AM
LC did a good job of paying off the refs, especially that bogus holding call on the called back TD. LU penalized for some ridiculous amount of yard, leading directly to 10 LC points.

See Pard4life post. There were bad calls both ways.

We had more yards and first downs than you did, even though the the Lehigh D is the 85 Bears and we stink. As I said above you guys were lucky our special teams are terrible.

LUHawker
November 21st, 2010, 12:10 PM

We had more yards and first downs than you did, even though the the Lehigh D is the 85 Bears and we stink. As I said above you guys were lucky our special teams are terrible.

Congrats on more yards and first downs. The LC offense was out-pass after out-pass. Small yardage, but high percentage plays. Clearly Frank's approach was to slow the game and keep the LU offense off the field. If you think the bad calls evened out, you'd be mistaken. On LC's only TD, the refs provided about 40 Yards on what was already a short field.

Lehigh was the better team on the field. Lafayette played a hard game and didn't make many mistakes (coaching blunders aside) making it one of their best efforts of the year, but alas still a loss.

Lehigh74
November 21st, 2010, 12:42 PM

First downs and total yards don't win football games making big plays at the right time do. This is a great rivalry and one of the best things about attending either school. Alumni from both schools should never lose site of that fact. How many colleges in the country have a rivalry like this to look forward to every year? Lafayette won 4 in a row and now Lehigh has won 3 in a row. The bottom line in neither school is going to win it every year. All the grumbling about how Lehigh was lucky and didn't deserve to win is just sour grapes and isn't going to change the result. We're happy to give you another chance to beat us next year in Bethlehem.

Leopard's Claw
November 21st, 2010, 02:38 PM
Uh wow, are you a dumb-a or something? A no pass interfearance call led directly to the blocked punt and YOUR TD. On the last series Bennett was decked as O'Neil was getting ready to throw. An INT on a throw to Stripe was not called pass interfearance even though the defender was on his back and Stripe was unable to make a play. And oh nice personal foul penalties... what else can we expect from a classless program? Oh an ejection for throwing a PUNCH... like the first one ever.

A question a friend raised last night... dosn't the penalty for a game ejection include disqualification for the following game? How does a playoff game factor in? Lastly- what if this were the final game of the season, and the player returned for next year; does the D/Q apply to next season's opener?

Bogus Megapardus
November 21st, 2010, 02:42 PM
A question a friend raised last night... dosn't the penalty for a game ejection include disqualification for the following game? How does a playoff game factor in? Lastly- what if this were the final game of the season, and the player returned for next year; does the D/Q apply to next season's opener?

"Fights before the end of the first half results in Disqualification for the remainder of the game. Fights in the second half result in Disqualification for the remainder of the game and the first half of the next game. For fights that occur in the last game of a season, squad members in uniform, coaches and players with eligibility remaining will serve fight-related suspensions during the first game of the next season for which they are eligible. If the squad member, coach or player is disqualified for fighting a second time during that season, he shall be disqualified for that game and suspended for the remainder of the season. If a second fighting suspension occurs in the final game of a season, he shall be suspended for the first game of the next season for which he is eligible. This suspension is considered to be his first fight of that season."