PDA

View Full Version : APPALACHIAN STATE 2010 SOCON CHAMPIONS

theasushow
November 13th, 2010, 05:29 PM
A Wofford win next week would also give the Terriers a share of the crown. Good effort today, but it appeared clear who the better team was. Congrats ASU, 6 in a row!

Nebuta
November 13th, 2010, 05:38 PM
Congrats on the AQ and homefield til Frisco. Even a Florida loss next week would not push App St out of a #1 or #2 Seed. Good luck in Gainesville.

KiddBrewer
November 13th, 2010, 05:39 PM
A Wofford win next week would also give the Terriers a share of the crown. Good effort today, but it appeared clear who the better team was. Congrats ASU, 6 in a row!

can't wait to update my signature!!!!xcoolx by the time anybody reads this, it will have already been done, with a smile on my face.

SpeedkingATL
November 13th, 2010, 05:40 PM
#6 is sweet!!

Wildcat80
November 13th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Congrats!! ASU owns the terriers!!

KiddBrewer
November 13th, 2010, 05:47 PM
correct me if i'm lying, but i think this a definite truth.....

APPALACHIAN LOSING TO GEORGIA SOUTHERN LAST WEEK WAS THE BEST THING THAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED TO THEM.

dungeonjoe
November 13th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Congratulations.

AppMAN04
November 13th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Yes it was a great win!! 6 in a row... Florida then hopefully win it all baby

Screamin_Eagle174
November 13th, 2010, 08:11 PM
Congrats on the AQ and homefield til Frisco. Even a Florida loss next week would not push App St out of a #1 or #2 Seed. Good luck in Gainesville.

I don't agree at all. It kind of does depend on how they perform against Florida. If they get absolutely throttled, then they might drop a spot or two pending what EWU does against ISU. W&M losing today was huge. :D GO EAGS!!!

theasushow
November 13th, 2010, 08:16 PM
I don't agree at all. It kind of does depend on how they perform against Florida. If they get absolutely throttled, then they might drop a spot or two pending what EWU does against ISU. W&M losing today was huge. :D GO EAGS!!!

perhaps...also depends on if Delaware is able to beat Villanova. I think if the season ended today then ASU and Delaware would be the top 2 seeds, but there is a fairly good chance they will both lose next week. It will be interesting to see if the committee penalizes ASU if they lose at Florida, this is why I would much rather play the BCS opponent earlier in the season, but I have a feeling ASU didn't have much say as to when this game would be played.

proasu89
November 13th, 2010, 08:57 PM
Congratulations.

Thanks DJ!

GaSouthern
November 13th, 2010, 09:46 PM

APPALACHIAN LOSING TO GEORGIA SOUTHERN LAST WEEK WAS THE BEST THING THAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED TO THEM.

Glad we could help :D

Nor Eastern
November 13th, 2010, 09:51 PM
GaSo poked a bull.

If App plays in the playoffs like I saw today on TV, they might as well purchase their tickets to Dallas now.

John Deere
November 13th, 2010, 10:29 PM
GaSo poked a bull.

If App plays in the playoffs like I saw today on TV, they might as well purchase their tickets to Dallas now.

What you saw today was the App State Football we have been waiting on all year. And that was against the #4 team.

BigApp
November 13th, 2010, 10:58 PM
not bad for a team that hasn't beaten anyone all year, is it?

appstate38
November 14th, 2010, 05:50 AM

Don't be mad.... You know you want to make that return trip to The Rock to face the Apps in the Playoffs.

Ivytalk
November 14th, 2010, 06:40 AM
Congrats to App on a convincing win.

Saint3333
November 14th, 2010, 07:19 AM

Even if you consider ASU and EWU's resume as equals, ASU gets the higher seed and we all know why. Now whether that is fair or not that is debatable, but let's not pretend to be shocked when it happens.

OL FU
November 14th, 2010, 08:40 AM
Congratulations on 6 straight? I think.

Hurry up and move to FBSxlolx

smallcollegefbfan
November 14th, 2010, 08:46 AM

Unless they lose 63-0 or something I won't drop them. ASU at 9-2 as SoCon Champs with one hiccup, and everyone has had one hiccup, and a blowout win over Wofford, Jacksonville, and wins against quality opponents like UTC, Furman, etc. prove they deserve a top two seed.

I hate to say it but Florida means nothing. Expect to see a few starters sit out due to injury to get healed up for the playoffs. One good thing for ASU is that anyone banged up now has three weeks to heal as long as they sit out Florida, and I am told they have a few who will.

smallcollegefbfan
November 14th, 2010, 08:49 AM
Congratulations on 6 straight? I think.

Hurry up and move to FBSxlolx

I believe GSU is the only other team to do it, right? Very impressive. Don't think it will ever be equaled. Someone told me that ASU's AD mentioned an addition of 8k seats in the end zone. To me that solidifies they are moving up.

Nebuta
November 14th, 2010, 09:02 AM

I think if they get house'd by Florida, there is a 98% chance they keep their seed. I just dont see App St getting blown out by the Gators. Nothing I have seen this year has said other wise. App St is a NC contendor and the Gators are down this year. I wouldnt be suprised if App wins this one.

AlphaSigMD
November 14th, 2010, 09:27 AM
It was amazing the difference that was seen (well, heard for me, as I had to listen) in the team from last week to this week. Although I hate seeing ASU lose, over the years, such losses have provided some important opportunities to refocus and really start hammering home the fundamentals. Having freshman O Linemen from GSU consistently penetrate through your defensive front 7 was a wake up call.

No way does ASU put a shellacking on Wofford the way they did without the Southern loss. Hopefully we can carry this momentum through and have a good showing at Florida and peak in the playoffs.

GO Apps!

appst97
November 14th, 2010, 11:10 AM
Even if you consider ASU and EWU's resume as equals, ASU gets the higher seed and we all know why. Now whether that is fair or not that is debatable, but let's not pretend to be shocked when it happens.

Why, we have green turf?

heath
November 14th, 2010, 12:46 PM
Congratulations,now a fast exit from the playoffs would be nice, but really expect to see you guys in Texas.(on the field)

OL FU
November 14th, 2010, 02:26 PM
I believe GSU is the only other team to do it, right? Very impressive. Don't think it will ever be equaled. Someone told me that ASU's AD mentioned an addition of 8k seats in the end zone. To me that solidifies they are moving up.

Honestly, I would hate to see ASU leave but have seen it coming for a while. And unlike the team that shall not be named, I will wish you guys good fortune when it eventually happens.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 14th, 2010, 03:26 PM
Were Wofford's 4 fumbles the result of good defense or just a lack of focus by Wofford?

SideLine Shooter
November 14th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Were Wofford's 4 fumbles the result of good defense or just a lack of focus by Wofford?

From what I saw they were from hard hits.

appsfan
November 14th, 2010, 03:43 PM
It is nice to earn another SoCon Championship. I was surprised at Wofford's utter lack of a passing game. Wofford may rebound next week, but they are playing the one team I would not want to see again- Chattanooga...

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 14th, 2010, 03:49 PM
It is nice to earn another SoCon Championship. I was surprised at Wofford's utter lack of a passing game. Wofford may rebound next week, but they are playing the one team I would not want to see again- Chattanooga...

I've got a feeling either GSU or Chatty will be playing in the wildcard for a chance for a trip to Boone.

appsfan
November 14th, 2010, 03:54 PM
You are probably right; we will know in a week.

AlphaSigMD
November 14th, 2010, 03:56 PM
I've got a feeling either GSU or Chatty will be playing in the wildcard for a chance for a trip to Boone.

Agreed. I just feel that some weird things are going to happen around the country (CAA - I'm looking at you) and we're gonna end up seeing a 3rd SoCon team.

You just have to think a 7-4 GSU or Chatty would make it over a 2nd MEAC team or some pioneer ridiculousness.

Reign of Terrier
November 14th, 2010, 04:04 PM

they looked to be bad pitches to me. According to those attending the game it may have been Alligator Arms but I think the poor pitches contributed more to the fumbles than that

Reign of Terrier
November 14th, 2010, 04:05 PM

I doubt it. The committee has to find a way to shaft Wofford somehow

AppMan
November 14th, 2010, 04:06 PM

Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto said it best. "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

Horseshoe App
November 14th, 2010, 04:30 PM
they looked to be bad pitches to me. According to those attending the game it may have been Alligator Arms but I think the poor pitches contributed more to the fumbles than that

I was at the game and it was a combination of both. Some of those pitches were just crazy. But Rucker also got hit pretty good and fumbled. Appalachian played very good defense, but Wofford did not help themselves.

SideLine Shooter
November 14th, 2010, 06:56 PM
I think I put this on the wrong thread so here it is where I wanted to put it to begin with.

Photos from the Wofford/ASU Game on 11-13-10.

http://sidelineshooter.smugmug.com/Sports/Wofford-College-Appalachian/14654008_nKCzw#1090442648_4Fd73