PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to Dayton and Jacksonville

DetroitFlyer
November 13th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Co-Champions of the PFL in 2010. Both teams finish 10-1, 9-1 FCS, 8-0 PFL. Needless to say, I think one or both should receive an at large bid this year. Oddly enough, my vote goes to the Flyers!

WestCoastAggie
November 13th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Congrats.

Fear the Bird
November 13th, 2010, 03:49 PM
It's a shame both struggled this week and didn't leave with an overwhelming performance - I think that may affect their chances

TexasTerror
November 13th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Co-Champions of the PFL in 2010. Both teams finish 10-1, 9-1 FCS, 8-0 PFL. Needless to say, I think one or both should receive an at large bid this year. Oddly enough, my vote goes to the Flyers!

How does the Gridiron Classic situation work in light of the tie and the likelihood that neither goes to the playoffs? Does it go to GPI?

JUDolphins
November 13th, 2010, 04:17 PM
There is no Gridiron Classic.

It is a shame that JU and Dayton don't play...what today shows is how hard it is to win a conference championship with EVERY team gunning for you each week.

JU faced a Campbell team that took the air out of the ball. They ran the ball well and didn't snap the ball until there was under 5 on the play clock.

Dayton survived at Marist - a place that ended JU's title hopes last season.

I hope Jacksonville gets its due and a shot in the playoffs.

nwFL Griz
November 13th, 2010, 04:42 PM
I'm sorry to all you PFL fans, but to suggest either JU or Dayton deserves an at-large bid is simply ridiculous. I won't get into all the arguments that have already been put forth, let's just say neither possesses the resume to get an at large.

DetroitFlyer
November 13th, 2010, 04:51 PM
I'm sorry to all you PFL fans, but to suggest either JU or Dayton deserves an at-large bid is simply ridiculous. I won't get into all the arguments that have already been put forth, let's just say neither possesses the resume to get an at large.

Oh, my bad.... Now I see the error of my ways. Your wisdom has simply overwhelmed me.... NOT! It is possible that BOTH with be ranked in the top 25 of the final polls. One or both are certainly worthy.

tandemlax
November 13th, 2010, 04:59 PM
If Delaware takes care of Nova, W&M knocks off Richmond, and URI and Towson sneak up on Umass and UNH, the CAA is down to 3 teams with 7 D1 wins, opening a spot or two that many have already penciled in for a Colonial team. If the games break the other way, you have 6 playoff eligible CAA squads. The respective fates of the PFL champs, along with at large hopefuls across the country will be heavily influenced by the Nov 20 CAA action.

Dblue
November 13th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Oh, my bad.... Now I see the error of my ways. Your wisdom has simply overwhelmed me.... NOT! It is possible that BOTH with be ranked in the top 25 of the final polls. One or both are certainly worthy.
It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see one of the two in the playoffs. Don't take this as a backhanded compliment but I think there may be a shortage of 7 win teams.

nwFL Griz
November 13th, 2010, 05:14 PM

Ranked in the top 25....oh no! Now I see where I went wrong, well, then...both should be in the playoffs. Again, neither team is worthy of an at-large. I base this on their whole resume. Yes, it is nice that they have both gone 10-1, but against that schedule, a decent team should have that kind of record. Even if the CAA only has 3 teams with 7 D-I wins, I still think one or two of the 6 D-I win teams are better (and therefore, more worthy) than either JU or Dayton. Unfortunately both scheduled, and played themselves out of consideration. When you have to rely on your best win being RMU (for Dayton) and ODU (for JU), combining that with a PFL schedule leaves you out in the cold. Especially when you drop one to Duquesne.

jmufan999
November 13th, 2010, 06:40 PM
If Delaware takes care of Nova, W&M knocks off Richmond, and URI and Towson sneak up

i stopped you at Towson sneaking up on anyone. no way the CAA only gets 3 teams in, just no freaking way at all.

and DetroitFlyer, sorry bro but i totally agree with nwFL Griz... PFL gets one bid and one bid only. not saying it's right or wrong, but that is what will happen.

BlueHenSinfonian
November 13th, 2010, 08:20 PM
i stopped you at Towson sneaking up on anyone. no way the CAA only gets 3 teams in, just no freaking way at all.

and DetroitFlyer, sorry bro but i totally agree with nwFL Griz... PFL gets one bid and one bid only. not saying it's right or wrong, but that is what will happen.

I don't see Towson knocking off UNH, but I suppose anything is possible...

In either case, I can only see one, if any, PFL teams making the playoffs. I certainly think one team deserves the chance, and that team is Jacksonville. Take heart though Flyers, B-ball season has started.