PDA

View Full Version : JMU 30 William and Mary 24

BDKJMU
November 13th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Down goes Frazier! Down goes Frazier!

JMUNJ08
November 13th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Did we have 13 guys on Offense for every play or something??? The 30 points must be a misprint....

Another SOLD OUT crowd did a great job supporting the 4-5 Dukes!

soccerguy315
November 13th, 2010, 03:16 PM
W&M had no answer for a running game complemented by zero passing yards... congrats Dukes. Was this a new offense? There wasn't much of Dudzik it seemed like.

W&M will need to beat Richmond next week to secure their spot in the playoffs.

JMUNJ08
November 13th, 2010, 03:27 PM
W&M had no answer for a running game complemented by zero passing yards... congrats Dukes. Was this a new offense? There wasn't much of Dudzik it seemed like.

Wildcat with our Freshman WR Scott who did a wildcat QB in HS. Had to try something right??? Haven't scored more than 21 since Week 1 of the season! JMU used to avg. 30+ every season....

Aho_Old_Guy
November 13th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Good job, Dukes xhurrayx

boonegoon
November 13th, 2010, 04:38 PM

Crazy that a team that was #2 in the country has to win out to make the playoffs.

soccerguy315
November 13th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Crazy that a team that was #2 in the country has to win out to make the playoffs.

yea... since I made that post, I have become slightly more convinced that W&M is still safe at 7-4 with wins over Delaware, UNH, and Villanova along with a strong showing at North Carolina. That said we would probably have earned ourselves a nice first round game, which is quite a drop from home field all the way through.

BlueHenSinfonian
November 13th, 2010, 04:45 PM
yea... since I made that post, I have become slightly more convinced that W&M is still safe at 7-4 with wins over Delaware, UNH, and Villanova along with a strong showing at North Carolina. That said we would probably have earned ourselves a nice first round game, which is quite a drop from home field all the way through.

The only situation I see where W&M has issues is if both W&M and Delaware lose, and UMass and UNH win. That will put in Delaware, Nova, UNH, and pit W&M head to head with Richmond and Umass, both of which will have the head to head win against the tribe.

tandemlax
November 13th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Looked like an outstanding effort by the JMU O-line to open up creases and spring Scott time and again, along with a few great individual moves to get the corner on the Tribe defense. Very bizarre how W&M was able to stop JMU cold during the last two drives- not sure where that defense was all game long. Thought the Tribe offense looked good- one of their better outings of the year coming against an excellent defense. Its definitely time for W&M, especially the seniors, to get that elusive season ending win against Richmond and hopefully secure a playoff home game in the process. Congrats to the Dukes, and boy will it be a crazy ride come next Saturday!

Wildcat80
November 13th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Congrats JMU!!!! Beautiful win over mary & bill. UNH opened up playbook today at nova....we do it last week we win too. at least nova stays home.

Nebuta
November 13th, 2010, 06:55 PM
Nice win JMU. The Dukes opened up the offensive playbook it seems. Very impressive feat to put up 30 on W&M. For W&M, you are still a lock for the playoffs, just need a win for a seed.

Mr. C
November 13th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Congrats JMU!!!! Beautiful win over mary & bill. UNH opened up playbook today at nova....we do it last week we win too. at least nova stays home.

Why would Villanova stay home? A win over Delaware gets the Main Liners into the playoffs.

TwoFeathers
November 13th, 2010, 08:47 PM
Looked like an outstanding effort by the JMU O-line to open up creases and spring Scott time and again, along with a few great individual moves to get the corner on the Tribe defense. Very bizarre how W&M was able to stop JMU cold during the last two drives- not sure where that defense was all game long. Thought the Tribe offense looked good- one of their better outings of the year coming against an excellent defense. Its definitely time for W&M, especially the seniors, to get that elusive season ending win against Richmond and hopefully secure a playoff home game in the process. Congrats to the Dukes, and boy will it be a crazy ride come next Saturday!

That blocked punt slash TD was the difference in the game. Even though W&M had no answer for the Wildcat, they had every chance to win. There were also a few questionable calls, or no-calls (pass interference anyone???) that could have changed the outcome. But W&M should have solved the Wildcat problem at half-time. But JMU just executed it perfectly today. It's a short stay at #1...

ngineer
November 13th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Amazing result. This is a classic example of what's so great about college football. You're dealing with kids 18-21 years old and you're never, ever exactly sure where their heads and focus will be from one week to the next. Congrats to JMU for not folding up on the season.

MacThor
November 14th, 2010, 07:05 AM
The only situation I see where W&M has issues is if both W&M and Delaware lose, and UMass and UNH win. That will put in Delaware, Nova, UNH, and pit W&M head to head with Richmond and Umass, both of which will have the head to head win against the tribe.

Why would that put Nova and UNH in? That would result in a 5-way tie at 2nd in the CAA at 5-3, 7-4 which includes Nova and UNH.

TwoFeathers
November 14th, 2010, 07:17 AM
Why would that put Nova and UNH in? That would result in a 5-way tie at 2nd in the CAA at 5-3, 7-4 which includes Nova and UNH.

Tribe would rank higher than Villanova and New Hampshire by virtue of head-to-head wins in a tie, correct?

caribbeanhen
November 14th, 2010, 07:19 AM
just put 5 CAA teams in - why all the fuss

mcveyrl
November 15th, 2010, 08:37 AM
Yea, I almost missed the blocked punt. When we scored I said "I'm going to the bathroom." My buddy said, "Dude, there's a whole minute left?" I said "Yea, they're just going to run the clock out, right?" He says "Man, c'mon..." So, I stayed. I agree it was the difference maker.

And I don't know how that offense continued to work. One of the things that Laycock and Co. had to know was that Scott was a QB in a former life (actually recruited as a QB) so there was always the chance that he rolls out for a pass instead of taking off.

And while I didn't know whether that was PI at the end -- I was diagonal from it -- it definitely could've been called. Our guy never looked back at the ball, for sure, but I couldn't tell if there was any contact. But that was definitely a fumble right before W&M's first TD, so they probably cancel out. Regardless, it was a great game. W&M's receivers are a good group, too. There were a lot of fingertip catches and grabs while being hit that were exceptional.

BTW, your punter is freaking AMAZING. That free kick after the safety was, by far, the best punt I've ever seen live. Somebody sitting next to me was looking down and then looked up and said "Holy ***...was that a punt!!??"

MacThor
November 15th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Tribe would rank higher than Villanova and New Hampshire by virtue of head-to-head wins in a tie, correct?

And lower than Richmond and UMass. The 5-way second place tie is a mess.

TwoFeathers
November 15th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Yea, I almost missed the blocked punt. When we scored I said "I'm going to the bathroom." My buddy said, "Dude, there's a whole minute left?" I said "Yea, they're just going to run the clock out, right?" He says "Man, c'mon..." So, I stayed. I agree it was the difference maker.

And I don't know how that offense continued to work. One of the things that Laycock and Co. had to know was that Scott was a QB in a former life (actually recruited as a QB) so there was always the chance that he rolls out for a pass instead of taking off.

And while I didn't know whether that was PI at the end -- I was diagonal from it -- it definitely could've been called. Our guy never looked back at the ball, for sure, but I couldn't tell if there was any contact. But that was definitely a fumble right before W&M's first TD, so they probably cancel out. Regardless, it was a great game. W&M's receivers are a good group, too. There were a lot of fingertip catches and grabs while being hit that were exceptional.

BTW, your punter is freaking AMAZING. That free kick after the safety was, by far, the best punt I've ever seen live. Somebody sitting next to me was looking down and then looked up and said "Holy ***...was that a punt!!??"

I know, blocked punt... pass interference... crying over spilled milk at this point (I could add missed tackles). They could just not figure out that wild-cat. I hope I never see that offense again...

David Miller (punter) should have a job next year.

mcveyrl
November 15th, 2010, 09:38 AM
I know, blocked punt... pass interference... crying over spilled milk at this point (I could add missed tackles). They could just not figure out that wild-cat. I hope I never see that offense again...

David Miller (punter) should have a job next year.

It looked like an NFL punt to me.

MacThor
November 15th, 2010, 11:01 AM
They could just not figure out that wild-cat. I hope I never see that offense again...

You might see it in 5 days!

tribefan40
November 15th, 2010, 11:15 AM
[QUOTE=TwoFeathers;1583258] They could just not figure out that wild-cat. I hope I never see that offense again...[\QUOTE]

+1. I'm expecting it every week from here on out. xsmhx

WMTribe90
November 15th, 2010, 02:15 PM

Unless Dae Quan Scott transfer sfrom JMU to UR in the next five days, I'm not converned with UR running the Wildcat.

TwoFeathers
November 15th, 2010, 09:24 PM

I just threw up a little...

MacThor
November 15th, 2010, 09:43 PM
I just threw up a little...

We may run the wildcat, but WMTribe is right............we don't have a DaeQuan to run it.

TwoFeathers
November 15th, 2010, 09:46 PM
We may run the wildcat, but WMTribe is right............we don't have a DaeQuan to run it.

And if the Tribe has one of the best run defenses, that could spell disaster for the Spiders.

ur2k
November 16th, 2010, 08:48 AM
Unless Dae Quan Scott transfer sfrom JMU to UR in the next five days, I'm not converned with UR running the Wildcat.

That would be ironic since he committed to UR in the first place.

heath
November 16th, 2010, 10:44 AM

Didn't Scott originally give a verbal to Richmond before signing with JMU? Just think what if..........

Spiderbone
November 16th, 2010, 12:50 PM
You may see Montrel, Boston or Tre back there running it though...who knows. IF W&M can stop the run they will force us to pass. That being said, that is what Defenses have been trying to do to us all year including Towson, JMU, URI, UMASS and we have managed to throw just enough passes to win (especially UMASS and URI)....