PDA

View Full Version : NDSU v SDSU trench war for the Dakota Marker.

Twentysix
November 13th, 2010, 12:23 PM
It will be on at 3pm Central on FSN and a few other channels nationwide.

RabidRabbit
November 13th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Dakota Marker is underway. Jacks take the ball to start. Jacks made three 1st downs, to the Bison 42. punting away, after illegal procedure 2x. Priddy bombs to 1, and goes straight up. Jacks down at 2.

RabidRabbit
November 13th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Mohler bootlegs for 1st to 12.

McNortan for 5. Screen to wide out for 2nd 1st @ 22.

McNorton for 5. Mohler bombs for 50, but overthrows all. Run held short by 1/2 yd.

Bison punt. Jacks catch, buried @ 32 SDSU

RabidRabbit
November 13th, 2010, 03:36 PM
O'Brien toss int TD for NDSU score. NDSU scores first on a turnover, xbawlingx

Bison 7, Jacks 0 @ 3:27 left in 1st Q.

RabidRabbit
November 13th, 2010, 03:44 PM
End of 1 Q, Bison up 7-0

Jacks 1st/goal at 1 to start 2nd

RabidRabbit
November 13th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Minett gets knocked down on top of NDSU tackler, spins off, and scored TD, EP good.

Jacks 7-Bison 7 at 14:21 in 2nd.

darell1976
November 13th, 2010, 04:05 PM
A lot of fans dressed up like blue seats. For a big rivalry game I would have expected a full house.

RabidRabbit
November 13th, 2010, 04:12 PM
McNorton cuts back, and breaks a 22 yd TD scamper. EP good. 2:30 left in half. Bison 14, Jacks 7

RabidRabbit
November 13th, 2010, 04:17 PM
Bison INT OB again. Not boding well for the Jacks. Minett has not been in 2 series for Jacks

MSUDuo
November 13th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Come on Bison! Make the Bears game mean something tonight!

RabidRabbit
November 13th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Jacks recover the initial KO fumble. Jacks start at Bison 19.

Minett limps in for a 15 yd TD. EP good.

Jacks/Bison tied at 14 @ 14 min in 3rd.

RabidRabbit
November 13th, 2010, 05:11 PM
A lot of fans dressed up like blue seats. For a big rivalry game I would have expected a full house.

Yes, Really appears to be a limited crowd. Surprised by this.

RabidRabbit
November 13th, 2010, 05:27 PM
at end of 3rd Bison score TD, Bison get up 21-14 on Jacks.

RabidRabbit
November 13th, 2010, 05:52 PM
Horrible can of corn pick to the Bison by Obrien. NDSU wraps up to go up 31-14. 4th interception. OB is 0-6 when picked off. 5-0 when no INT.

Bison will get the Dakota Marker for the 1st

TIME OUT!!!!!

SDSU burns NDSU fo 68 yd on a pass play.

SDSU 21, NDSU 31 with 8 min left.

MSUDuo
November 13th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Come on Bison! Hang on to it!

ESPN Gamecast sucks at updating. I have no clue how much time is left...

RabidRabbit
November 13th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Jacks FG 43 yds, down a TD, 24-31. 4:15 left in game.

RabidRabbit
November 13th, 2010, 06:15 PM
Bison get 1st down with a min left, Jacks out of TO. BISON GO TO 7-3! FINAL 31-24, bISON WIN

GOOD LUCK THE REST OF THE WAY BISON, MAKE THE PLAY-OFFS!

Evolution Prime
November 13th, 2010, 06:20 PM
NDSU with the dual QB threat today.

TheBisonator
November 13th, 2010, 06:39 PM

Attendance was 17,037 today, but it might have been more like 15-16,000 in reality.

Something is weird with this fan base. If we host a playoff game, we better not have another sucky turnout. Are people still super skeptical of this team?? I mean, we're 7-3 for chrissakes. The 80's are over. No more undefeated championship seasons. Be happy with this, fans...

jacksfan29
November 13th, 2010, 06:54 PM
Attendance was 17,037 today, but it might have been more like 15-16,000 in reality.

Something is weird with this fan base. If we host a playoff game, we better not have another sucky turnout. Are people still super skeptical of this team?? I mean, we're 7-3 for chrissakes. The 80's are over. No more undefeated championship seasons. Be happy with this, fans...

On the video feed the lower level seats looked half empty. Sad, what's up in Fargo.

Drblankstare
November 13th, 2010, 06:58 PM
It wasnt quite that bad, but still a head scratcher. Im guessing that alot of fans are still trying to get there deer. stupid deer

TheBisonator
November 13th, 2010, 07:01 PM
It wasnt quite that bad, but still a head scratcher. Im guessing that alot of fans are still trying to get there deer. stupid deer

Deny all season tickets to deer hunters. If you have an ND or MN hunting license, NDSU can refuse to sell you season tix.

(OK, that's extreme, but I wouldn't be against it, though a ton of people would...)

FargoBison
November 13th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Deny all season tickets to deer hunters. If you have an ND or MN hunting license, NDSU can refuse to sell you season tix.

(OK, that's extreme, but I wouldn't be against it, though a ton of people would...)

Yeah that would cost us about half of our season ticket base maybe more. It is what it is, high school football state tournaments, hunting and a long weekend for the students put a big dent in attendance. A playoff game will sellout, guaranteed.

FargoBison
November 13th, 2010, 07:57 PM
http://d1mediagroup.smugmug.com/Bison-Illustrated/Football/NDSU-FB-2010-SDSU/NDSUFBSDSU2010Web-1001/1089373067_uZEfZ-M.jpg

Professor Chaos
November 13th, 2010, 08:12 PM
It was pretty surreal that an awful personal foul against the Bison actually turned the game in NDSU's favor in the 3rd quarter. The crowd was absolutely dead after the turnover to open the 2nd half that allowed SDSU to tie the game. NDSU's offense then proceeds to lay several series of eggs (as SDSU's offense did as well) as the game turns into a yawner. Thanks to the back judge in this game for making that awful call, getting the crowd back in the game, and re-energizing NDSU.

NoCoDanny
November 14th, 2010, 01:11 AM
What was the attendance? It looked dead in there I thought is was the Silverdome, is that astroturf the original from 1990? McFly needs to go back and change the outcome on that one.

FargoBison
November 14th, 2010, 01:18 AM
What was the attendance? It looked dead in there I thought is was the Silverdome, is that astroturf the original from 1990? McFly needs to go back and change the outcome on that one.

It isn't the orginal which was bought used and zippered together. It is about 10 years old and will be replaced in a few years but sadly not soon enough. 17k was the attendance.

RDH701
November 14th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Yeah that would cost us about half of our season ticket base maybe more. It is what it is, high school football state tournaments, hunting and a long weekend for the students put a big dent in attendance. A playoff game will sellout, guaranteed.

You hit it right on the nose. Still deer season, Minnesota and ND football championships/play-offs, and it would be a huge crowd for a play-off game!!

darell1976
November 14th, 2010, 09:31 AM
You hit it right on the nose. Still deer season, Minnesota and ND football championships/play-offs, and it would be a huge crowd for a play-off game!!

Maybe if Fargo South fans weren't in Grand Forks there would have been more fans at the game. With playoffs on the line and a your best record since becoming playoff eligible I thought more people were there.

Thundar
November 14th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Fans will be there for a Playoff game if it happens, also there were 2 Fargo HS teams playing in the State Championships in Grand Forks

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 14th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Maybe if Fargo South fans weren't in Grand Forks there would have been more fans at the game. With playoffs on the line and a your best record since becoming playoff eligible I thought more people were there.

Playoff game will be sold-out.

LOL....we have more season tic holders than you ave for fans.....nice try at your so called smack.....

Professor Chaos
November 14th, 2010, 11:09 AM
I wouldn't be so sure that a playoff game will sell out. If they play on the opening weekend of the playoffs they'll be playing the Saturday after Thanksgiving. There will be little or no students there because of that and with only a week to sell 15K tickets I wouldn't be surprised to see 3K empty seats if the Bison are playing on 11/27 in the dome.

The attendance yesterday wasn't all that bad, I was pretty disgusted with all the early exits. The north end zone especially thinned ridiculously after halftime considering it was close game with playoff implications agaist a big rival. If everyone who was there at kickoff would've actually stayed it would've been pretty much packed (with the exception of the student section).

bisonguy
November 14th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Photo gallery from the game up at - Bison Illustrated Dakota Marker Photo Gallery (http://photos.bisonillustrated.com/Bison-Illustrated/Football/NDSU-FB-2010-SDSU)

MplsBison
November 14th, 2010, 01:23 PM
I wouldn't be so sure that a playoff game will sell out. If they play on the opening weekend of the playoffs they'll be playing the Saturday after Thanksgiving. There will be little or no students there because of that and with only a week to sell 15K tickets I wouldn't be surprised to see 3K empty seats if the Bison are playing on 11/27 in the dome.

The attendance yesterday wasn't all that bad, I was pretty disgusted with all the early exits. The north end zone especially thinned ridiculously after halftime considering it was close game with playoff implications agaist a big rival. If everyone who was there at kickoff would've actually stayed it would've been pretty much packed (with the exception of the student section).

Attendance is going to be low for the first round everywhere because of the holiday. Maybe with the exception of a place like Montana, where families would probably incorporate the game into their family activities...most places aren't going to do well with outdoor stadiums in late Nov with no students there.

NDSU will still be able to out-bid anyone in the west except Montana. If it so happens that both NDSU and Montana make the playoffs, guaranteed that both will host as no one in the west will get a seed and NCAA will seek to maximize revenue.

darell1976
November 14th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Playoff game will be sold-out.

LOL....we have more season tic holders than you ave for fans.....nice try at your so called smack.....

What smack?? I just stated an opinion. If Fargo teams weren't in GF they're would have been more fans.

Pards Rule
November 16th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Go Bison!! A newfound fan - except for game 1 next year ;)