PDA

View Full Version : EASports NCAA 2006

GoGuins
May 10th, 2005, 12:21 PM
Anyone know if any more IAA conferences or teams were added this year? Also, more accurate detail of the stadiums and fight songs? I see my man Desmond will grace the cover. Former Cleveland St Joe's star.

http://images.ea.com/sports/games/06/ncaa/news/img_cover.jpg

Josh
May 10th, 2005, 12:46 PM
Anyone know if any more IAA conferences or teams were added this year? Also, more accurate detail of the stadiums and fight songs? I see my man Desmond will grace the cover, but why the white numbers on his jersey?

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~pigskingamers/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=128

I heard last year that more would be added but I don't know for sure.

P2TheB
May 10th, 2005, 12:48 PM
As long as they update UNI's roster, I will be happy.

A Panther mascot would be cool too, but I can't ask for everything I guess.

Josh
May 10th, 2005, 01:04 PM
As long as they update UNI's roster, I will be happy.

A Panther mascot would be cool too, but I can't ask for everything I guess.

Baby steps for EA Sports is what we can expect on I-AA coverage

Lehigh Football Nation
May 10th, 2005, 04:28 PM
Anyone know if any more IAA conferences or teams were added this year? Also, more accurate detail of the stadiums and fight songs? I see my man Desmond will grace the cover, but why the white numbers on his jersey?

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~pigskingamers/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=128

Last year I wrote the Patriot League on this matter, who told me they talked to EA Sports and Collegiate Licensing. They claim is that the issue of carrying I-AA teams in the game is a capacity issue in the game's set-up. That sounded like a cop-out to me.

For what it's worth, he did put a request into EA Sports requesting the addition of Patriot League Football institutions for future versions of the game. From what I've read on EA message boards on this matter, many gamers want to see more I-AA teams represented in the game simply because when the schedule says SEMO version Akron, they want to actually PLAY SEMO, not "I-AA Midwest" or however they represent it.

Personally, though I am a bit of a Playstation 2 junkie, I've made the decision on purchasing these games. Lehigh's in - I buy. If not - I'm not buying.

My dream is for EA to put the I-AA playoffs in the game, after of course they add all the proper I-AA teams, from St. Peters to JMU.

blackfordpu
May 10th, 2005, 05:19 PM
Why Desmond howard? He played a long time ago didnt he, unless it is a different guy.

GoGuins
May 10th, 2005, 06:33 PM
Why Desmond howard? He played a long time ago didnt he, unless it is a different guy.

Why Desmond? (http://www.easports.com/games/ncaa06/news.jsp)

HensRock
May 10th, 2005, 06:59 PM
Sorry, no room for the Patriot and other I-AA leagues, but they have room to add an entire new game mode? "Race for the Hiesman". :rolleyes:

Delaware Ghostrider II
May 10th, 2005, 07:22 PM
Personally I think they should make NCAA 2006 AA....I honestly think it would sell just as much as NCAA 2006. As for Desmond Howard....dude was a beast in college....didn't have jack squat in the NFL. WHy would they put him on the cover of all people?..At least out someone who played the game and when on to multi-million dollar success....like Montana, Marino, Payton, Favre....I could name thousands........shoot put the UD guys on there...Gannon or even Hall.....lol..im all for it!

blackfordpu
May 10th, 2005, 10:51 PM

I know he was a great player but I figured that EA Sports would stick with current players. It just seems out of place to put a player from 10 years ago on the cover, especially since a college career only lasts 4 years (normally).

bkrownd
May 11th, 2005, 01:25 AM
didn't have jack squat in the NFL. WHy would they put him on the cover of all people?..At least out someone who played the game and when on to multi-million dollar success....like Montana, Marino, Payton, Favre....I could name thousands........shoot put the UD guys on there...Gannon or even Hall.....lol..im all for it!

Who gives a crap what happens in the $NFL$. Keep the talk to FOOTBALL.

Eagle_77
May 11th, 2005, 08:47 AM
Im I following this correctly?

In an all-new Race for the Heisman mode, players can start their career as a prep star and work their way to becoming one of the nation’s top collegiate players with the hopes of winning the coveted Heisman Trophy.

Is this saying that there is a HS mode that you can play? I know in previous games you recruit the stars but here it makes it sound like you can turn HS players into stars.

If this is the case then they cant say anything about not having enough space for 1-AA

Lehigh Football Nation
May 11th, 2005, 10:39 AM
Im I following this correctly?

Is this saying that there is a HS mode that you can play? I know in previous games you recruit the stars but here it makes it sound like you can turn HS players into stars.

If this is the case then they cant say anything about not having enough space for 1-AA

:bang:

WHY DO THEY HAVE THIS AND NOT THE WALTER PAYTON AWARD? AND I-AA TEAMS?

ARRRGHHH

I WILL NOT BUY THE STUPID GAME UNTIL THEY HAVE LEHIGH IN THERE!!!!

/crazy loony rant

DTSpider
May 11th, 2005, 12:08 PM
Things won't change until there is a new system. The reason for lack of space has nothing to do with number of modes. It deals with if you're in a career mode (or whatever it's called) you can't have 200 teams going at once. It would really slow down the times between games to simulate the remaining games. Same with recruiting for over 200 teams. The processor speed has to improve for extra teams to be added.

blackfordpu
May 11th, 2005, 12:20 PM
They are appealing to the masses. Most of the buyers of those games are kids between the ages of say 8 and 25. The majority of them do not care if I-AA teams are on there or not (unfortunate for us). Unless there is a huge demand for I-AA teams on the game they probably wont expand it too terribly fast.

The high school type mode is more appealing to most players, just not to us. :)

Lehigh Football Nation
May 11th, 2005, 12:50 PM
Things won't change until there is a new system. The reason for lack of space has nothing to do with number of modes. It deals with if you're in a career mode (or whatever it's called) you can't have 200 teams going at once. It would really slow down the times between games to simulate the remaining games. Same with recruiting for over 200 teams. The processor speed has to improve for extra teams to be added.

A fair point. However, there is a solution.

I have a soccer game on my PC called Championship Manager, where you can coach soccer teams from around the world. Obviously if you wanted to simulate every soccer game going on in the world at any given time you'd run out of PC memory. So, you are given the option to simulate only the leagues you select.

Why can't I simulate all the I-AA conferences, but not (say) the Pac-10 which I don't care about? I'm sure that Pac-10 fans don't want to simulate the Patriot and Ivy either - it's a win/win.

I guess EA cares more about another bell/whistle instead of improving the gameplay. Again, if Lehigh's in the game, I buy. If not, no.

Doc QB
May 11th, 2005, 01:06 PM
You can use the create a team mode to select colors, mascot, uniforms, stadium, and if you have the time to waste (as I do sometimes) you can actually name them as you wish. I acutally made a Lehigh all-star team from the 1991-1994 era with me as QB and the guys I backed-up as MY backup.

Try it, you can also place other I-AA teams already on there and replace them with, say, Conf USA and play a I-AA all star schedule. It is fun, try it.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 11th, 2005, 01:39 PM
This is really worrisome:

# Take Home the Heisman Trophy: Begin your career as a prep star in search of scholarship offers and work your way to becoming one of the nation’s top collegiate players. Continue your post-college career in Madden NFL 06 or coach a Division 1-A program.

# Year-Round Recruiting: Issue official on-campus visits all season long in Dynasty Mode as you track prospect interest via Rivals.com.

# All-New Mini-Games: Hone your skills in four new mini-games: Pass Skeleton, Oklahoma Drill, Option Attack, and Rushing Attack.

So #1:

* Will I-AA even be offered in the game?

#2:

* So you can now violate NCAA's recruitment rules freely by scouting recruits year-round?

#3:

* EA is deciding to add 4 new games that nobody will play in order to short-shrift I-AA yet again???????

:bang: :bang: :bang:

Lehigh Football Nation
May 11th, 2005, 01:46 PM
You can use the create a team mode to select colors, mascot, uniforms, stadium, and if you have the time to waste (as I do sometimes) you can actually name them as you wish. I acutally made a Lehigh all-star team from the 1991-1994 era with me as QB and the guys I backed-up as MY backup.

Try it, you can also place other I-AA teams already on there and replace them with, say, Conf USA and play a I-AA all star schedule. It is fun, try it.

That does sound neat, but my issue with this was that either the "new" Patriot would be a I-A division or I would have to blow away another I-AA division to do it. It probably is fun to do (though time consuming). They really should have the playoff structure in there and all the I-AA playoff teams at least.

I remember in the older days of the game I used to play Army and Idaho since their team colors were closest to Lehighs.. and I used to put in the right names. (Ugh, Idaho's stadium was bad. And they could NEVER get recruits, even after consecutive undefeated seasons!)

BTW a big :D for putting yourself over the guys you backed up.

GannonFan
May 11th, 2005, 02:34 PM
Hey, the game is what it is - I would love for the stadiums in IAA to be more than just generics but it just doesn't happen. The space thing is a non-issue as well as their basketball games can simulate with well over 300 teams. But the age market for these games is much higher than just kids (tell me some 8 year old is going to want to pursue the finer points of the guards pulling on an option run versus using the pyscho-mechnosaw on a prison guard and I'll see you some great real estate in Satskatchewan) and ultimately there aren't enough IAA people complaining and not buying the product to make a difference. Same thing happened when the Sporting News stopped including IAA coverage in their football previews - they're still in business after cutting off that market.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 11th, 2005, 02:44 PM
... and ultimately there aren't enough IAA people complaining and not buying the product to make a difference...

EA does have their own website for the game and forums where people are asking for expanded I-AA coverage. Dougherty and Moss have mentioned in their Sports Network columns how they play EA Sports I-AA matchups to sometimes help make their picks. For my part, I've tried to do basically all I could on the matter - I've blogged about it, saying how I'm not going to buy the game unless it has Lehigh in it... I've written EA Sports and the commisioner of the PL. And, I've talked about it ad nauseum here. I would hope EA sports is paying some amount of attention - and care if people what with loud megaphones are saying.

I will be blogging on this matter anyway, whether Lehigh is or is not in the game. Maybe nobody at EA gives a crap about what a bunch of I-AA superfans have to say, but I will be using my megaphone as much as I can on this matter.

:deadhorse

GannonFan
May 11th, 2005, 02:46 PM
And I send them an e-mail whenever I get a chance too - discouraged after so many years of doing so but my therapist says I should keep at it anyway! ;)

Lehigh Football Nation
May 11th, 2005, 02:48 PM
And I send them an e-mail whenever I get a chance too - discouraged after so many years of doing so but my therapist says I should keep at it anyway! ;)

:)

My therapist says complaining on message boards helps too

FargoBison
May 11th, 2005, 03:04 PM
From what I heard EA was in Fargo and looked at the dome and talked with coach Bohl and it looks as if NDSU and the rest of the Great West will be in the game this year. I don't know about other IAA leagues though.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 11th, 2005, 03:33 PM
From what I heard EA was in Fargo and looked at the dome and talked with coach Bohl and it looks as if NDSU and the rest of the Great West will be in the game this year. I don't know about other IAA leagues though.

I would be pretty mad if the Great West was included in front of the Patriot - no disrespect meant here, but the Patriot has been in existence for longer, is a playoff conference, is a full-sport conference, and made it to the 2003 championship game.

Having said that, I think the Great West belongs in the game too. Actually, can anyone who has the game tell me who currently is "in" the game and who isn't? I know HBCUs, Ivy, Gateway, Big Sky and the A-10/CAA were in - anyone I'm missing? (I can't recall if the SoCon is represented?)

henfan
May 11th, 2005, 03:39 PM
The Patriot, Big West, Big South and low equity conferences were the only leagues not included in NCAA2005. The Independents didn't make it either.

Eagle_77
May 11th, 2005, 03:39 PM
I think that if the Great West is in it and the PL isn’t you have a pretty good argument there. The SoCon has been in both the last two years editions.

DTSpider
May 11th, 2005, 05:21 PM
My goal would be to have a version where having 1AA teams in your season mode is optional. If you want them then you can have them, if not they aren't included and, in theory, may make your system run faster. I'd love to have the 1AA playoffs included while still having the 1A teams going. Nothing like playing a 1AA season beating some bowl teams!

I think the biggest problem for EA might be the time it takes to gather 60 players for all the 1AA schools. In basketball you're only at 12 players per school. As such, you could have 5 times as many basketball teams. Alas, none of us work at EA Sports and don't know the real reason for how & why it works as it does.

HensRock
May 11th, 2005, 11:50 PM
There are 78 I-AA's represented in the 2005 version of the game. These included all members of the following conferences:

A10 (12) - Yes, that includes Towson
Big Sky (8)
Gateway (8)
Ivy (8)
MEAC (9)
OVC (9)
SoCon (8) - Yes, that includes Elon
Southland (6)
SWAC (10)

I would expect these to be carried forward to the 2006 game at the very least.

blackfordpu
May 12th, 2005, 01:24 AM
I would be pretty mad if the Great West was included in front of the Patriot - no disrespect meant here, but the Patriot has been in existence for longer, is a playoff conference, is a full-sport conference, and made it to the 2003 championship game.

Having said that, I think the Great West belongs in the game too. Actually, can anyone who has the game tell me who currently is "in" the game and who isn't? I know HBCUs, Ivy, Gateway, Big Sky and the A-10/CAA were in - anyone I'm missing? (I can't recall if the SoCon is represented?)

The Southland is in the 2005 game. My Sam Houston team has won 8 straight championships. :nod: :)

HensRock
May 12th, 2005, 08:19 AM
Complete listing of I-AA teams in NCAA 2005:

<table>
<td>
<tr>Alabama A&M</tr>
<tr>Alabama Alabama State</tr>
<tr>Alcorn State</tr>
<tr>Appalchian State</tr>
<tr>Arkansas Pine-Bluff</tr>
<tr>Bethune Cookman</tr>
<tr>Brown</tr>
<tr>Chattanooga</tr>
<tr>Columbia</tr>
<tr>Cornell</tr>
<tr>Dartmouth</tr>
<tr>Delaware</tr>
<tr>Delaware State</tr>
<tr>Eastern Washington</tr>
<tr>Eastern Illinois</tr>
<tr>Eastern Kentucky</tr>
<tr>Elon</tr>
<tr>Florida A&M</tr>
<tr>Furman</tr>
<tr>Georgia Southern</tr>
<tr>Grambling State</tr>
<tr>Hampton</tr>
<tr>Harvard</tr>
<tr>Hofstra</tr>
<tr>Howard</tr>
<tr>Idaho State</tr>
</td>
<td>
<tr>Illinois State</tr>
<tr>Indiana State</tr>
<tr>Jackson State</tr>
<tr>Jacksonville State</tr>
<tr>James Madison</tr>
<tr>Maine</tr>
<tr>McNeese State</tr>
<tr>Mississippi Valley State</tr>
<tr>Montana</tr>
<tr>Montana State</tr>
<tr>Morgan State</tr>
<tr>Murray State</tr>
<tr>North Carolina A&T</tr>
<tr>New Hampshire</tr>
<tr>Nicholls State</tr>
<tr>Norfolk State</tr>
<tr>Northeastern</tr>
<tr>Northern Arizona</tr>
<tr>Northwestern State</tr>
<tr>Penn</tr>
<tr>Portland State</tr>
<tr>Prarie View A&M</tr>
<tr>Princeton</tr>
<tr>Rhode Island</tr>
<tr>Richmond</tr>
<tr>S.C. State</tr>
</td>
<td>
<tr>Sacramento State</tr>
<tr>Sam Houston State</tr>
<tr>Samford</tr>
<tr>SE Missouri State</tr>
<tr>Southern</tr>
<tr>Southern Illinois</tr>
<tr>Stephen F. Austin</tr>
<tr>SW Missouri State</tr>
<tr>Tennessee State</tr>
<tr>Tennessee Tech</tr>
<tr>Tennessee-Martin</tr>
<tr>Texas Southern</tr>
<tr>Texas State</tr>
<tr>The Citadel</tr>
<tr>Towson</tr>
<tr>UMass</tr>
<tr>UNI</tr>
<tr>Villanova</tr>
<tr>Weber State</tr>
<tr>Western Carolina</tr>
<tr>Western Illinois</tr>
<tr>Western Kentucky</tr>
<tr>William & Mary</tr>
<tr>Wofford</tr>
<tr>Yale</tr>
<tr>Youngstown State</tr>
</td>
</table>

leatherneck177
May 12th, 2005, 08:27 AM
I'd say the main reason for Desmond Howard being on the front cover is the new Heisman option mode. Apparently you pick your college out of HS and then manuever them through college into the pros. I can see some WIU players winning the Heisman.

leatherneck177
May 12th, 2005, 08:28 AM
That post was brutal. Desmond Howard is on the cover to promote the new Heisman mode. Apparently they wanted someone to identify with the Heisman. You pick a player out of HS, and then build them up through college to win the Heisman.

blackfordpu
May 12th, 2005, 12:44 PM
That post was brutal. Desmond Howard is on the cover to promote the new Heisman mode. Apparently they wanted someone to identify with the Heisman. You pick a player out of HS, and then build them up through college to win the Heisman.

What post? :confused: :confused:

DHS22P
May 12th, 2005, 03:16 PM
SO ARE THEY ADDING NEW TEAMS OR NOT? I LOVE PLAYING WITH I-AA TEAMS.

kats89
May 12th, 2005, 05:23 PM
Howard must have needed the money

Delaware Ghostrider II
May 14th, 2005, 05:15 PM
LOL....no disrespect to the PL or even Lehigh...but check this out...my nephew has NCAA 2005 on that piece of crap Nintendo Gamecube and on the game.....Delaware State is on there....and you guys aren't.....lol...I don't mean for this to sound like smack...but thought it was an interesting point. :p

Lehigh Football Nation
May 14th, 2005, 10:26 PM
LOL....no disrespect to the PL or even Lehigh...but check this out...my nephew has NCAA 2005 on that piece of crap Nintendo Gamecube and on the game.....Delaware State is on there....and you guys aren't.....lol...I don't mean for this to sound like smack...but thought it was an interesting point. :p

See earlier in the thread. Yeah, Del St. is in, but Colgate, the 2003 I-AA playoff finalists, were not. Bad.

smarterray
May 15th, 2005, 01:21 AM
piece of crap Nintendo Gamecube

I think Resident Evil 4 is reason enough to buy a GameCube.

DTSpider
May 19th, 2005, 01:55 PM
There shouldn't be any capacity problems for next year's version. Check out the new PS3.

http://money.cnn.com/2005/05/16/technology/personaltech/e3_sony/index.htm?cnn=yes

Kill'em
May 19th, 2005, 04:08 PM
All I ask is a realistic Paulson Stadium and real fight song. The generic fight songs are pathetic.

I wonder if it is possible to start a petition on this board and send it to EA Sports.

foghorn
May 19th, 2005, 04:57 PM
Hey Guin, where did you get that pic of Howard. That uni looks more like UD(royal blue and gold), than Michigan (Mich blue and maize). Also, the helmet shown is royal blue, not Michigan's dark blue. In the third post, the number changes from gold to white. I think those colors must've been dubbed, or maybe I'm just full of sheet! Go Hens!

UMgrizzlies
May 31st, 2005, 04:55 PM
Baby steps for EA Sports is what we can expect on I-AA coverage

Yeah, EA's coverage of I-AA is mediocre, at best.

Augusta Paladin
May 31st, 2005, 07:13 PM
I would be pleased with accurate Furman uniforms...Purple pants???

JMU Duke Dog
May 31st, 2005, 10:07 PM
They need to correct the JMU uniform too. It should be gold instead of yellow. They also need to update the rosters for JMU too as they had the 2003 roster in last year's game. :mad:

Delaware Ghostrider II
June 1st, 2005, 07:39 AM
Oh cmon guys...arent we gettin just a little picky now....? Complaining whether or not the colors should be shaded a little darker or lighter. Let's get all I-AA teams on the game then bitch about...."well our pants are gold instead of yellow"......That would be like me complaining that when I put Delaware in as a team to use that I have to use one of the IA mascots...who cares. There ya go...i'm gonna petition and go get a lawyer and force them to put youdee in the game as a mascot! Let's just get the AA temas on the game folks...geeze! :)

BBB
June 1st, 2005, 07:41 AM
I'm not buying.

My dream is for EA to put the I-AA playoffs in the game, after of course they add all the proper I-AA teams, from St. Peters to JMU.

That's what I'M WAITING ON! While the game was on PS1, you could play a season with 1-AA teams, albeit they only had the SWAC, MEAC, and Ivy Leagues on it. How come they can't do it now?

Get it together EA Sports, this crap isn't Rocket Science.

BBB
June 1st, 2005, 07:48 AM

Delaware State is apart of the MEAC and the MEAC has been on the game since 2000.

It's not Del.State's fault that it's conference leadership was able to get it on the game. You should let the Red Cross pump that hate out of your blood.

Lehigh Football Nation
June 1st, 2005, 11:03 AM
Oh cmon guys...arent we gettin just a little picky now....? Complaining whether or not the colors should be shaded a little darker or lighter. Let's get all I-AA teams on the game then bitch about...."well our pants are gold instead of yellow"......That would be like me complaining that when I put Delaware in as a team to use that I have to use one of the IA mascots...who cares. There ya go...i'm gonna petition and go get a lawyer and force them to put youdee in the game as a mascot! Let's just get the AA temas on the game folks...geeze! :)

I must admit, those complaints ring hollow when I can only create-a-team to make Lehigh, and then stick it in the A-10 or Ivy League (or remake the Big East as: Lehigh, Lafayette, Delaware, Colgate, UMass, Maine, UNH)

They need to add the I-AA playoffs to the game too IMO. Really, how hard would it be?

UMgrizzlies
June 1st, 2005, 02:17 PM
Putiing the Griz in the PAC 10 or the WAC is quaint, but I-AA playoffs/season is what really needs to be in there, along with all the I-AA teams.

DTSpider
June 2nd, 2005, 11:53 AM
I don't need all the 1AA teams in there. If you give me all the conferences with playoff berths plus the HBCUs and let the 1AA teams play a full season and playoffs concurrent with the regular 1A season that that would be perfect. Keep the rosters updated as well. Uniforms should be close, but you can always modifiy them on your own.

Pard94
June 2nd, 2005, 12:06 PM
Man, who cares?

ISUMatt
June 2nd, 2005, 12:48 PM
Man, who cares?

Can you tell its the offseason?

GannonFan
June 2nd, 2005, 01:34 PM
You guys are missing out - Xbox, PS2, etc, are the wave of the future - if Bill Gates is betting on it I think maybe you're missing something! ;)

blur2005
June 2nd, 2005, 02:10 PM
They need to correct the JMU uniform too. It should be gold instead of yellow. They also need to update the rosters for JMU too as they had the 2003 roster in last year's game. :mad:
I wondered about that...#84 Alan Harrison had definitely graduated after 2003...

GrizFoo
June 2nd, 2005, 02:14 PM
http://www.vgsportsinc.com/e3/ncaa.html

Hansel
June 2nd, 2005, 02:18 PM
Only new school is SE La :(

NoCoDanny
June 2nd, 2005, 03:16 PM

I guess I won't be buying it until next year.

Hansel
June 2nd, 2005, 03:21 PM
I guess I won't be buying it until next year.
ditto

DTSpider
June 2nd, 2005, 04:42 PM
"Only one new 1AA school (Southeast Louisiana). No 1AA schools in dynasty and they all use generic stadiums."

I hope this changes next year.

FU97
June 2nd, 2005, 05:10 PM
"Only one new 1AA school (Southeast Louisiana). No 1AA schools in dynasty and they all use generic stadiums."

I hope this changes next year.

It seems like this guy at least recognized the lack of 1AA schools in dynasty as a short coming.

Hansel
June 2nd, 2005, 05:12 PM
It seems like this guy at least recognized the lack of 1AA schools in dynasty as a short coming.
were IAA's included in Dynasty mode in previous versions?

FU97
June 2nd, 2005, 05:19 PM

No.

Lehigh Football Nation
June 2nd, 2005, 07:08 PM

Well, that just saved me $50.

Hellooooo Strat-O-Matic!

ISUMatt
June 2nd, 2005, 09:09 PM

Only in you move them into a I-A conference... In yrs past the Gateway fit into the SunBelt but not so anymore

Kill'em
June 3rd, 2005, 06:49 PM
Man, who cares?
I do.

Hansel
June 3rd, 2005, 08:08 PM
I do.
Me too, i would have bought the game for sure if NDSU was on it :(

Delaware Ghostrider II
June 5th, 2005, 01:11 PM
On PS2...NCAA last year you could use IAA teams in Dynasty but you had to hit the select button to bring up the AA teams...then choose which IA conf. you wanted to put them in....it would take out one of the IA teams..kinda flip flopping.....I did it and it worked for me. UD NCAA champs to straight years...lol

Delaware Ghostrider II
June 5th, 2005, 01:13 PM
I personally still think they should make a NCAA AA game...nothing but DivIAA teams..they would have more than enough to make a good competitive game...put in the dynasty mode....along with the "Payton Trophy hunt".....I dont see anything wrong with that....but we all know it aint gona happen.

ISUMatt
June 5th, 2005, 03:40 PM
I personally still think they should make a NCAA AA game...nothing but DivIAA teams..they would have more than enough to make a good competitive game...put in the dynasty mode....along with the "Payton Trophy hunt".....I dont see anything wrong with that....but we all know it aint gona happen.

I dont see why not, EA is making a 2006 Arena Football game!!

BBB
June 6th, 2005, 09:16 AM
You guys are missing out - Xbox, PS2, etc, are the wave of the future - if Bill Gates is betting on it I think maybe you're missing something! ;)

Can you explain that? Please?

BBB
June 6th, 2005, 09:18 AM

It was before it got to PS2

GogrizGo11
June 20th, 2005, 05:41 PM
the reason desmond is ont he cover cuase they are trying to show u that the game is basicly based on winning the hiesmen so they're picking some of the best hiesman winners and putting them on the cover.

wkuhillhound
June 20th, 2005, 05:53 PM

In the NCAA Basketball 2K5 it has ALL the teams except for the independents that came later. It is a challenging game and it is very hard to win a national championship. I made the Final Four once in 4 years that I had my dynasty team.

bobcatfan06
June 20th, 2005, 05:55 PM
I hear that the fight songs will be accurate for I-AA. Still generic stadiums though.

eaglefan452
June 20th, 2005, 10:28 PM
I would be pleased with accurate Furman uniforms...Purple pants???

Yeah, I was kinda wondering about that too. I already didn't like the color purple, and seeing it double made me want to beat Furman even worse on that game. :)

GoGuins
June 21st, 2005, 07:22 AM
I hear that the fight songs will be accurate for I-AA. Still generic stadiums though.

Good to hear that, at least they are progressing with I-AA every year. Maybe next year the stadiums will be accurate. Don't they just need pics of the stadiums to put them in the games? I don't know how they develop games.

Lehigh Football Nation
June 21st, 2005, 07:37 AM
Good to hear that, at least they are progressing with I-AA every year. Maybe next year the stadiums will be accurate. Don't they just need pics of the stadiums to put them in the games? I don't know how they develop games.

Just putting freakin' Lehigh in the game would make me happy!!!!!!

ISUMatt
June 25th, 2005, 08:29 PM
this is from an article on gamerankings.com:

*The NCAA development team includes a full-time employee whose sole responsibility is to ensure uniform accuracy. This person tapes every game he or she can and also scans the internet for pictures to aid in the most accurate reproduction of uniforms possible.

Lehigh Football Nation
June 25th, 2005, 11:08 PM
this is from an article on gamerankings.com:

*The NCAA development team includes a full-time employee whose sole responsibility is to ensure uniform accuracy. This person tapes every game he or she can and also scans the internet for pictures to aid in the most accurate reproduction of uniforms possible.

Some people have all the dream jobs, eh?

Seriosuly, EA sports should get a free membership to this board just to get at the "Post pics of I-AA uniforms here"....

ChiefGSU275
July 5th, 2005, 05:42 PM
If there is no way to sub a 1-AA school into dynasty mode, then I may not buy this game. I never bought any of the NCAA games until they included GSU on them. I bought them back in the day (2000), but quit when there was no 1-AA love. Also, I hate that all the 1-A schools are SO much better than 1-AA's in the games. That is not very realistic if you ask me.

cosmo here
July 5th, 2005, 07:15 PM
If there is no way to sub a 1-AA school into dynasty mode, then I may not buy this game. I never bought any of the NCAA games until they included GSU on them. I bought them back in the day (2000), but quit when there was no 1-AA love. Also, I hate that all the 1-A schools are SO much better than 1-AA's in the games. That is not very realistic if you ask me.

To sub a I-AA team into dynasty mode, you just have to replace a current I-A team, or replace an entire I-A conference with a I-AA conference assuming the number of teams are the same. This shouldn't change in the new version of the game.

blackfordpu
July 6th, 2005, 12:09 AM
To sub a I-AA team into dynasty mode, you just have to replace a current I-A team, or replace an entire I-A conference with a I-AA conference assuming the number of teams are the same. This shouldn't change in the new version of the game.

That will be the same but if you sub for an entire conference (like putting all SLC teams in for the MEAC teams), it will be a real weak conference for a while. The I-AA teams are not given much love when it comes to skills. Also, the rosters suck. They have Long from SHSU as a freshman when he was a senior that year. What is that about?

cosmo here
July 6th, 2005, 09:44 AM
That will be the same but if you sub for an entire conference (like putting all SLC teams in for the MEAC teams), it will be a real weak conference for a while. The I-AA teams are not given much love when it comes to skills. Also, the rosters suck. They have Long from SHSU as a freshman when he was a senior that year. What is that about?

Yeah, that will also be the same (if a I-AA conference is subbed in, it won't be as strong as its I-A counterpart). I-AA rosters aren't given as much detail since apparently their market research has indicated that their time is better spent updating the rosters, stadiums and uniforms of BCS conference I-A schools. They want to move product, and that is done by targeting the largest segment of consumers who follow I-A football year-round. That some I-AA rosters aren't updated has been noted here and elsewhere, and there always instances where I-A rosters are also inaccurate.

Lehigh Football Nation
July 11th, 2005, 07:36 AM
Tomorrow is the big day for this release. Everything I have heard is pointing to the fact that I will be disappointed yet again with the lack of Patriot League teams in the game (and lack of playoffs, and inaccurate uniforms, and inaccurate stadiums, and inaccurate fight songs, etc. etc.), though I'm sure I'll swing by GameSpot and verify it for myself.

Cincy App
July 11th, 2005, 08:00 AM
Any overall team rankings from EA Sports for I-AA schools available yet?

JMU Duke Dog
July 11th, 2005, 09:43 AM
Any overall team rankings from EA Sports for I-AA schools available yet?

Here are the team rankings for JMU (from South Carolina's board):
http://kenandkeli.com/cockyhoskins/profileJMU.jpg

I have heard that Furman got rated D- for everything.

Lehigh Football Nation
July 11th, 2005, 10:13 AM
Run and gun? Did these jokers do *any* research about JMU last year?

UD1993
July 11th, 2005, 10:19 AM
I replaced the Sun Belt teams with most of the A10 plu GSU. After 2 seasons, UD was invited to join the ACC in place of UNC (who was "relegated to the Sun Belt/A10).

youwouldno
July 11th, 2005, 10:42 AM
I'm under no illusion that any aspect of I-AA will be accurate in NCAA 2006. That's OK... if you want you can move a team to I-A and play with them, if you're any good they'll be fine in a few years. It's not how I would like the game to be, but EA must not perceive demand for I-AA as being worth the investment.

Personally, I think it should be economically feasible to use the game engine in the regular game to build a I-AA game, maybe as an add-on? All they would have to do is

a) research I-AA: this probably would not be as hard as it sounds, especially considering I-AA teams have fewer scholarships

b) change the magazine to AGS!

c) eliminate all bowls and program a playoff system... which would be easy as they already have to do so for NCAA Basketball.

But, alas, not going to happen unless a bunch of currently I-A teams are dropped into a PCS format along with scholarship I-AA, and maybe not even then.

nlwwln
July 11th, 2005, 12:54 PM
is the big south going to be included ?

superbrett2000
July 11th, 2005, 01:08 PM

It all depends on how accurate you want the stadium model to be. For example, when i model cars in 3D I get reference shots of the front, back, side, and top. Then its a matter of following the shape of the car. Stadiums arent as hard to model as a car is so you probably dont have to have the perfect pictures to do one accurately. What does help is having dimensions for things such as the press box, seating area, etc. so you can have proper proportions for your objects and the players on field. You will still need some reference shots, espeically for proper texutre maps to put on your 3D models.

I would love to have this game released onto PC. I could go in and make a few changes like having accurate I-AA stadiums (gotta start with the Big Sky) and fight songs. Only thing stopping me is you cant do those kind of mods on a console game.

GaSouthern
July 11th, 2005, 01:43 PM
For I-AA they could have the "Race to Chattanooga(sp?)" as a I-AA playoff situation and get rid of the stupid mascott game trash they put on there every year. I remember old football games with just two teams on there so dont worry guys, hang in there and this will get better and better but I have a feeling we are going to need to wait until playstation three for anything great to really show up for I-AA fans.

eagleskins
July 11th, 2005, 04:51 PM
XBox 360 comes out in late november.

Kaduce
July 11th, 2005, 05:42 PM
I think D1AA fans will be pretty happy next year when NCAA comes out on XBOX360... alot more space with the system and discs meaning more D1AA features and teams.

GaSouthern
July 12th, 2005, 08:16 AM
I am going in about 45 mins to pick up the game, I cannot wait!!!

BBB
July 12th, 2005, 09:08 AM
I think D1AA fans will be pretty happy next year when NCAA comes out on XBOX360... alot more space with the system and discs meaning more D1AA features and teams.

I'll be switching to XBox if allows me to play a 1-AA dynasty. I prefer battling Montana (which last year actually had THEIR stadium on the game), UD, GaSouthern, Hofstra, man I want to play ALL OF THEM!!!!

I rather play 1-AA then 1-A anyday.

BBB
July 12th, 2005, 09:08 AM
I am going in about 45 mins to pick up the game, I cannot wait!!!

I'm right behind ya!!! :D

BBB
July 12th, 2005, 09:10 AM
I'm under no illusion that any aspect of I-AA will be accurate in NCAA 2006. That's OK... if you want you can move a team to I-A and play with them, if you're any good they'll be fine in a few years. It's not how I would like the game to be, but EA must not perceive demand for I-AA as being worth the investment.

Personally, I think it should be economically feasible to use the game engine in the regular game to build a I-AA game, maybe as an add-on? All they would have to do is

a) research I-AA: this probably would not be as hard as it sounds, especially considering I-AA teams have fewer scholarships

b) change the magazine to AGS!

c) eliminate all bowls and program a playoff system... which would be easy as they already have to do so for NCAA Basketball.

But, alas, not going to happen unless a bunch of currently I-A teams are dropped into a PCS format along with scholarship I-AA, and maybe not even then.

Could we write EAsports?

Lehigh Football Nation
July 12th, 2005, 09:15 AM
Could one of the throngs of EA Sports buyers put a complete list of I-AA teams up here when you get a chance? I heard that Patriot League and Big South teams are not included yet again, but I'd like to make sure.

Also, if someone could go over the I-AA limitations (over playing, say, Florida International), that would be good too.

GeauxLions94
July 12th, 2005, 09:22 AM
The Southland is in the 2005 game. My Sam Houston team has won 8 straight championships. :nod: :)

I don't think nine is in the cards because (HOPEFULLY) :bow: Southeastern is included in the 2006 version. :D

GeauxLions94
July 12th, 2005, 09:27 AM

Woo Hoo! :beerchug: xprost2x :beerchug: xprost2x :beerchug: xprost2x :beerchug: xprost2x :beerchug: xprost2x :beerchug: xprost2x :beerchug: xprost2x :beerchug: xprost2x :beerchug: xprost2x :beerchug: xprost2x :beerchug: xprost2x :beerchug: xprost2x :beerchug: xprost2x :beerchug: xprost2x :beerchug: xprost2x :beerchug: xprost2x :beerchug: xprost2x :beerchug: xprost2x :beerchug: xprost2x

ChiefGSU275
July 12th, 2005, 11:40 AM
I reserved my game last night because the guy at the store said that they would only have 5 COPIES to sell that werent pre-ordered! I am going to pick it up as soon as I get off work.

ISUMatt
July 12th, 2005, 12:36 PM
I picked mine up for 37.99, 12 bucks less than the others, Frys has it in their monday ad cheap so hijack the ad and run it in for 37.99, I got mine today!!!

ChiefGSU275
July 12th, 2005, 01:04 PM
Ok, i couldnt wait, so I got it during my lunch break. I read the book, and the new features look neat. The dorm room feature looks awesome, I think that will be sweet! I cant wait to get home tonight to play it!!

superbrett2000
July 12th, 2005, 03:40 PM
Just got the game today. Huge improvement over NCAA 2004. Never bought NCAA 2005. FYI, I dont think there are I-AA fight songs in the game. I played as Eastern Washington, Idaho State, Montana, Sam Houston, and James Madison, and they all had generic fight songs. I could be wrong and these could be the minority that dont have authentic songs.

Witter19
July 12th, 2005, 03:56 PM
I know in '04 most of the SWAC and MEAC had their fight songs, check those out.

ISUMatt
July 12th, 2005, 04:13 PM
Illinois State's roster seems to be correct as well as the accuracy...MAN THEY SUCK!!!
Otherwise, generic Stadium, generic Fight Song for the Birds but the Unis look better!!!

Big Dawg
July 12th, 2005, 04:41 PM
I know in '04 most of the SWAC and MEAC had their fight songs, check those out.

No they didn't...trust me :mad:

Big Dawg
July 12th, 2005, 04:48 PM
Just got the game today. Huge improvement over NCAA 2004. Never bought NCAA 2005. FYI, I dont think there are I-AA fight songs in the game. I played as Eastern Washington, Idaho State, Montana, Sam Houston, and James Madison, and they all had generic fight songs. I could be wrong and these could be the minority that dont have authentic songs.

What do you like about the game...I want to know before I get it.

nevadagriz
July 12th, 2005, 05:14 PM
I bought mine this morning and played at lunch. The new race for the heisman seems cool. I wish you could use I-aa teams in the heisman version. The camera angle is a little different. The mini games is cool and the summer camp feature needs to be enhanced. I like the Idea of year around recruiting however I would like to know which players are interested before you target them. Overall a must for fans of college football. Take all of the I-aa and put them in dynasty mode in place of bcs schools and you will have great time playing this game. I only got to play around with it for a hour so I would appreciate any feed back from those of you who have tinkered with it longer.

superbrett2000
July 12th, 2005, 06:03 PM
What do you like about the game...I want to know before I get it.

If you enjoyed previous NCAA releases you will enjoy this one. It feels like just an updated version of 2004 (never played NCAA 2005 so I cant make an accurate comparison). The graphics are quite good, and as is the sound and animations. You still have the same old commentary. There are a few new things but its largely recycled. The impact player is kindof cool and more than once its certainly made its impact for both me and the opposing team.

My only complaints stem from the lack of I-AA support. No fightsongs (I'll investigate on those other conferences mentioned and see if they have fightsongs), generic stadiums (yes, even Montana's stadium is just a generic in response to an earlier post) and no I-AA Dynasty mode. Gameplay wise, its great though. I find the running game actually doable in this game. I'm not a football guru so I cant get down to all the little nit picky things that may not be correct in the running/passing game.

I-AA stats are pretty low. Most teams are rated in the Ds and Montana is the only one I can remember having a C for one stat. Luckily you can change I-AA rosters and change player statsa and even add players to rosters.

My advice is to rent the game if youre not sure about getting it. Like I said earlier, if you enjoyed the previous releases, you will like this one. Its just a matter of whether its worth it to upgrade. From NCAA 2004, I have seen enough to warrant the upgrade.

eagleskins
July 13th, 2005, 12:43 AM
If you enjoyed previous NCAA releases you will enjoy this one. It feels like just an updated version of 2004 (never played NCAA 2005 so I cant make an accurate comparison). The graphics are quite good, and as is the sound and animations. You still have the same old commentary. There are a few new things but its largely recycled. The impact player is kindof cool and more than once its certainly made its impact for both me and the opposing team.

My only complaints stem from the lack of I-AA support. No fightsongs (I'll investigate on those other conferences mentioned and see if they have fightsongs), generic stadiums (yes, even Montana's stadium is just a generic in response to an earlier post) and no I-AA Dynasty mode. Gameplay wise, its great though. I find the running game actually doable in this game. I'm not a football guru so I cant get down to all the little nit picky things that may not be correct in the running/passing game.

I-AA stats are pretty low. Most teams are rated in the Ds and Montana is the only one I can remember having a C for one stat. Luckily you can change I-AA rosters and change player statsa and even add players to rosters.

My advice is to rent the game if youre not sure about getting it. Like I said earlier, if you enjoyed the previous releases, you will like this one. Its just a matter of whether its worth it to upgrade. From NCAA 2004, I have seen enough to warrant the upgrade.

You can change the ratings on a dynasty mode?

Witter19
July 13th, 2005, 08:22 AM

You can edit 1-AA rosters, also they do have SWAC fight songs, shouldn't have said MEAC. I played Grambling vs. Southern yesterday, and they did not have generic fight songs.

cosmo here
July 13th, 2005, 08:41 AM
I picked up my copy over lunch yesterday and played around with it last night. Here's what I found:

The marquee-level I-AA players (Shannon James, Ingle Martin and others) have higher ratings than their comparable players last year. James is a 91 overall, I recall that last year the highest I-AA ranking was around an 85. There are at least 10 or 15 with that score this year.

EA also researched the home states. Last year, every player from James Madison was from Virginia. This year, they are accurate. Rosters seem a little more accurate, also.

For the Patriot League guys -

I created a school and updated the generic players to reflect Lafayette's roster. I wish that you were able to edit the class years of the players, but I had to play with the ones that were given to me. Here's what I came up with for a couple of guys you've heard of (and before you crush me, I don't think Bennett is the player that Shannon James is . . these were created to be competitive in a I-A league):

Maurice Bennett (mlb) - 92 (defensive impact player - a cool feature)
Brad Maurer (qb) - 88 (offensive impact player, speed and agility numbers bump his rating up, don't have him rated as highly as a thrower)
Drew Buettner (ot) - 87
Jonathan Hurt (tb) - 84
Marvin Snipes (de) - 86
Blake Costanzo (olb) - 86
Larry Johnson (cb) - 85

The average rating that I gave was around a 78. Nobody lower than 72. Overall, the team is rated a B, B- on offense, B on defense. This team finished 7-5 in the MAC in a simulated season (5-5 vs. I-A competition, beat down Delaware and Harvard :rolleyes: :) ) so it's easy to import into a league and contend.

Is there any interest in other knowledgeable fans (of I-AA and earlier versions of the game) creating this for the other PL schools ? Other I-AA schools ? I would be willing to create an Excel file with my ratings and send it out tonight. Post here or e-mail me at [email protected].

Lehigh Football Nation
July 13th, 2005, 09:19 AM
So, no PL... bummer... time to sharpen up my pen and excoriate EA Sports again.

For I-AA fans starving for dynasties and fun play on EA Sports, I'd suggest the following: Sub out the MAC and Sun Belt teams with a who's-who roster of playoff and high-GPI I-AAs from last year.

MAC East:
Lehigh
Lafayette
Harvard
UNH
Delaware
JMU

MAC West:
Cal Poly
Montana
Montana St.
E. Washington
S. Illinois
WKU

Sun Belt:
William & Mary
Alabama St.
Georgia Southern
Furman
Sam Houston St.
Northwestern St.
Jacksonville St.
Hampton

Don't like 3 Big Sky teams? Sub out Montana St. and sub in NDSU. But I like the ability to have a Montana/Montana St. league rivalry.

This is also neat since you would have the Ivy and SWAC champions in there - you could see what would happen with those teams.

Saint3333
July 13th, 2005, 09:29 AM
I assume you meant to put Appalachian State and not Alabama St. in the SunBelt. :confused:

superbrett2000
July 13th, 2005, 12:02 PM

Yes, but you have to change your ratings in the Rosters before you start Dynasty. As you go on and recruit new and better players your ratings will also improve.

Josh
July 13th, 2005, 12:11 PM
I assume you meant to put Appalachian State and not Alabama St. in the SunBelt. :confused:

Well ASU is headed to form another league right? So why diminish them by putting them in the Sun Belt? :D

ChiefGSU275
July 13th, 2005, 12:27 PM
I have to say I was a little disappointed with GSU's team in teh game. They gave us a redshirt freshman starting at qb, and our impact players are not real life impact players. I noticed that Monte the Montana Mascot is in the game this year. That is cool for montana fans, but not other 1-AA schools who dont have a mascot.

DuckDuckGriz
July 13th, 2005, 01:49 PM
When I first played with the Griz Lee Corso predicted a UM win by putting Monte's head on. That's when I found out Monte was in the game. It was awesome. They got his uniform and stuff down to the T -- and I am excited to see more accurate detail in the Griz uniforms and players' looks. The level of play still sucks though -- I was stinking it up against Idaho.
I hope to see other I-AA teams on there, but on a side note, a former I-AA team in Boise State is getting alot more respect and attention on this game.

Big Dawg
July 13th, 2005, 04:47 PM
Are the uniforms correct in this game...I really hope they got our correct uniforms and helments this year.

ChiefGSU275
July 13th, 2005, 06:15 PM
show me a pic of your current uni's and I will tell you.

No offense, but FAMU has some of the ugliest uniforms. Not style wise, but I am just not a fan of orange and green. I also hate Miami, although their's isnt quite as mixed together.

Btw, welcome back to 1-AA. I always enjoy you guys being successful and in the playoffs, kinda like Montana and Delaware, i just expect you to be there.

DuckDuckGriz
July 13th, 2005, 06:23 PM

No offense, but FAMU has some of the ugliest uniforms. Not style wise, but I am just not a fan of orange and green. I also hate Miami, although their's isnt quite as mixed together.

Btw, welcome back to 1-AA. I always enjoy you guys being successful and in the playoffs, kinda like Montana and Delaware, i just expect you to be there.

Judging by that picture -- Tennesee State's aren't much better either.

With all due respect to FAMU -- the two teams' unis there make it look like a semipro game.

Big Dawg
July 13th, 2005, 07:13 PM
The jerseys FAMU and TSU used in the game were just for that game...never been worn again.

The all orange uniforms seem to be permanent. Our away uniforms resemble Miami a little bit.

Big Dawg
July 13th, 2005, 07:15 PM

We started using these.
http://media.blackamericaweb.com/images/photos/ACF4B6A.jpg

I like our old uniforms better...before the Miami print. I especially liked our green jerseys with orange pants.

Witter19
July 14th, 2005, 01:58 PM
No, we didn't. All generic.

You can edit 1-AA rosters, also they do have SWAC fight songs, shouldn't have said MEAC. I played Grambling vs. Southern yesterday, and they did not have generic fight songs.

If you see my post above, you'll notice I corrected what I originally said. :rolleyes:

ISUMatt
July 19th, 2005, 09:49 AM
Has anyone that purchaed played a season with their team. I tried a yr of Illinois State at Heisman Level and boy was it brutal. 2-10 I think and 8 of those 10 werent even close!!!

gsuwinsudont
July 19th, 2005, 08:40 PM
Has anyone that purchaed played a season with their team. I tried a yr of Illinois State at Heisman Level and boy was it brutal. 2-10 I think and 8 of those 10 werent even close!!!

I went 5-6 with my eagles the first yr. I am undefeated in the second so far. For some reason even on heisman the option is very very effective. There was a big uproar in statesboro though because the new head coach brought the shotgun with him! :D