PDA

View Full Version : The CSN Way: The Colonials, and Nineteen Question Marks

Lehigh Football Nation
November 11th, 2010, 12:53 PM
http://www.collegesportingnews.com/content.php?311-Predicting-the-Playoffs-The-Colonials-And-Ninteen-Question-Marks

With two weeks to go - and thanks to some game results in Worcester, Mass, Moon Township, Pennsylvania and Terre Haute, Indiana - the playoff situation cleared itself up a bit this past weekend. Still, only one team can truly call themselves one hundred percent in the playoffs - and around the rest of FCS, with two weekends to go, there are plenty of question marks.

Does unranked Georgia Southern get into the predicted playoff bracket, or not? You'll have to click to find out.... xeyebrowx xcoolx

CAAisBOSS
November 11th, 2010, 12:56 PM
wow... potentially play villanova in the 2nd round???? that would be a load of crap.

heath
November 11th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Best senario I've seen so far.Pretty fair to most,and remember that eventually you should see some rematches no matter how the teams are seeded.

danefan
November 11th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Not sure Liberty is getting any type of bye.

At the very least Jacksonville State is getting a bye before Liberty. Even considering you have them losing to SEMO.

MacThor
November 11th, 2010, 02:47 PM
wow... potentially play villanova in the 2nd round???? that would be a load of crap.

If Villanova's one of the last eight in, not at all.

Welcome to the playoffs.

Redhawk2010
November 11th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Ohio Valley Conference: This one's easy, too. If Southeast Missouri State beats Jacksonville State this weekend - or the Gamecocks lose next weekend vs. Tennessee Tech - they will be OVC champs and win the autobid. If the Gamecocks win this week and next, they will win the OVC championship and the autobid. There is no other scenario. Projection: Southeast Missouri State.

This isn't completely true. Yes Southeast Missouri holds it's own destiny. Win this weekend and it's in the playoffs! Win this weekend and it's outright OVC Champs! But what is incorrect-- If JSU wins out, they are tied for first. Yes JSU would get the autobid, but that doesn't make them the outright OVC champs. Really it doesn't matter, but no point in being incorrect...

putter
November 11th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Interesting brackets. I hope the Griz man up and win out to get in the playoffs. If they win out I see 3 Big Sky teams in (EWU and MSU)

BlueHenSinfonian
November 11th, 2010, 08:26 PM
I'd swap the SEMO/UNI and Wofford/Liberty games from the Tribe and the Hens bracket. That way the playoff committee can continue to pit Delaware against the Gateway/MVC champions as they seemingly love to do.

Chemhen
November 11th, 2010, 08:33 PM
I'd swap the SEMO/UNI and Wofford/Liberty games from the Tribe and the Hens bracket. That way the playoff committee can continue to pit Delaware against the Gateway/MVC champions as they seemingly love to do.

In all fairness, UD loves it too.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 12th, 2010, 09:11 AM

Good thought. Maybe Tom Yeager knows who to bribe to make that happen every year. xlolx (J/K, of course.)

Lehigh Football Nation
November 13th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Picks are up in the thread, too!