PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial 2006 Northern Iowa Schedule.....

Cap'n Cat
February 13th, 2006, 03:44 PM
....because it hasn't been "officially" announced. Pirated from PantherNation.com, a cool site.

Aug. 31 at Drake
Sept. 9 South Dakota
Sept. 16 South Dakota State
Sept. 23 Open
Sept. 30 at Iowa State
Oct. 7 Missouri State (Homecoming)
Oct. 14 at Indiana State
Oct. 21 at Youngstown State
Oct. 28 Western Illinois
Nov. 4 Western Kentucky
Nov. 11 at Southern Illinois
Nov. 18 Illinois State

Pretty solid skeddy, if you ask me.

MYTAPPY
February 13th, 2006, 04:06 PM
....because it hasn't been "officially" announced. Pirated from PantherNation.com, a cool site.

Aug. 31 at Drake
Sept. 9 South Dakota
Sept. 23 Open
Sept. 30 at Iowa State
Oct. 14 at Indiana State
Oct. 28 Western Illinois
Nov. 4 Western Kentucky
Nov. 18 Illinois State

Yea, that YSU game should be a battle

Cap'n Cat
February 13th, 2006, 05:04 PM
Yea, that YSU game should be a battle

What? They won't even get a first down.

JMU Duke Dog
February 13th, 2006, 05:21 PM
That will be nice having an extra week to get ready for playing at Iowa State.

Hansel
February 13th, 2006, 07:00 PM

Aug. 31 at Drake
Sept. 9 South Dakota
Sept. 23 Open
Sept. 30 at Iowa State
Oct. 14 at Indiana State
Oct. 28 Western Illinois
Nov. 4 Western Kentucky
Nov. 18 Illinois State

Interesting that South Dakota and SDSU though in different divisions have two common football opponents (UNI and UCA)

ISUMatt
February 13th, 2006, 07:17 PM
Looks to me like the GFC thinks the title will come down to UNI and ILS!!!

Mountain Panther
February 13th, 2006, 09:13 PM
I know it was said over on PN, but we do not play a game outside of the state of Iowa until week 7. WOW!

FargoBison
February 13th, 2006, 09:59 PM
Interesting that South Dakota and SDSU though in different divisions have two common football opponents (UNI and UCA)

Actually, I have heard reports that the UNI vs USD game is off. So that leaves UNI with a 9/9 open date and NDSU with a 9/9 open date, maybe a home and home could be worked out between the two old NCC rivals. It would toughen up UNI's schedule but I think it would be a great non-conference match-up.

Chi Panther
February 14th, 2006, 01:40 PM
I'd really like to make it to the UNI at Drake game......unfortunately don't know if it will happen. Stadium shoule be pretty sweet!!!

crunifan
February 14th, 2006, 03:20 PM
Actually, I have heard reports that the UNI vs USD game is off. So that leaves UNI with a 9/9 open date and NDSU with a 9/9 open date, maybe a home and home could be worked out between the two old NCC rivals. It would toughen up UNI's schedule but I think it would be a great non-conference match-up.

I would love for a home and home with NDSU. Two programs with great respect for each other, not to mention a great matchup of two tough teams!

nmatsen
February 14th, 2006, 05:13 PM

Ya, sure Matt. I don't know why you wouldn't think that seeings how you guys have such long history of Pride, Power and most importantly Gateway Titles. You guys got one back in the 90's didn't you?

FlyYtown
February 14th, 2006, 05:29 PM

Don't forget YSU-WKU-SIU

ISUMatt
February 14th, 2006, 09:35 PM
Ya, sure Matt. I don't know why you wouldn't think that seeings how you guys have such long history of Pride, Power and most importantly Gateway Titles. You guys got one back in the 90's didn't you?

Most importantly we have just as many I-AA championships as you!!! xazzx

Mountain Panther
February 14th, 2006, 09:58 PM

And they did beat the ***** out of us in 2005, but we were without Sanders and our defense had not really come together yet. I doubt very much that many I-AA teams could have won in Normal that weekend.

nmatsen
February 15th, 2006, 07:33 AM

What ever you have to tell yourself Matt. We all know the truth, that Illinois State doesn't come close to having the Gateway Resume that UNI has, to put them in the mix for the crown is just looking through Red Sunglasses. Ya, you beat us, but you also beat more teams that were in the playoffs as anyone else in the country. But, when it came right down to it they didn't get the job done, just as they won't this year. Hell, even with our schedule, we have a better chance at winning the N.C. then the GFC. There are probably a lot of people that would agree with me on that.

Mountain Panther
February 15th, 2006, 07:59 AM
Hell, even with our schedule, we have a better chance at winning the N.C. then the GFC.

Well put.

crunifan
February 15th, 2006, 03:02 PM
To me, the Gateway has become so strong that I could honestly see 5 teams take the title, with a 6th being tough battle. UNI, SIU, Younstown State, and Illinois State will all fight it out for number 1. And I think Missouri State could make some noise with Coach Allen at hand. Basically, everyone but the poor Sycamores have a shot.

leatherneck177
February 15th, 2006, 03:13 PM
I like the South Dakota State game, I have been hoping that WIU would schedule SDSU and NDSU for a while, but apparently I will have to continue to wait.

Rabbitlivinginverm
February 16th, 2006, 09:28 PM

I think you're right FargoBison.

From the Volante Paper

Athletic director Joel Nielsen confirmed the 2006 football season will open up at home for the Coyotes, but the complete football schedule is still in the works. Nielsen said contracts are still being negotiated.

"He said scheduling has been a problem with many teams in the confrence" Being in the NCC, finding teams that want to play us is difficult" Nielsen said.
UND(North Dakota) is having the same problems. It is hard for a power confrence.
USD had been in talks with teams from all levels of competition most notably Northern Iowa But nielson said the two sides were unable to finalize a contract.

As of now,Nielson said USD may end up playing in a 10 game schedule, with a possibility for an 11th He said the schedule could be released later this week or next week.

*The Volante is USD's student newspaper.

AmsterBison
February 17th, 2006, 03:02 AM
Heck, if NDSU can't find an 11th game (or 10th game), I wouldn't mind seeing NDSU schedule the U of South Dakota.

SoCon48
February 17th, 2006, 06:53 AM
What I wanna know, is how good Iowa State is compared to the rest of the I-A ranks?

nmatsen
February 17th, 2006, 08:15 AM
What I wanna know, is how good Iowa State is compared to the rest of the I-A ranks?

If I had to place them in a poll right now of all I-A's I would probably put them somewhere in the 40's, maybe lower in the 30's (they have the potential to become top 25 but they always seem to blow it just when it counts). They do have all (most) of their offense coming back. Why do you ask?

swaghook
February 17th, 2006, 08:24 AM
Heck, if NDSU can't find an 11th game (or 10th game), I wouldn't mind seeing NDSU schedule the U of South Dakota. Wouldn't that just be a slap in UND's face. But I don't think SDSU really wants to see USD get games against IAA teams either, didn't USD act just like UND about SDSU moving up?

SoCon48
February 17th, 2006, 10:34 AM
If I had to place them in a poll right now of all I-A's I would probably put them somewhere in the 40's, maybe lower in the 30's (they have the potential to become top 25 but they always seem to blow it just when it counts). They do have all (most) of their offense coming back. Why do you ask?

Just curious as to what calibre I-A program they were considered to have.

Chi Panther
February 17th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Iowa State has some Extremely talented WRs......

IF you don't know the name Todd Blythe yet.....remember it

He will be the game breaker.....

Cap'n Cat
February 17th, 2006, 01:45 PM

Jegbomb,
Come on. Take it easy on ILSU. The focus should be on teasing Youngstown this year, not the Crimson Crows.

:nono:

NorthDakotaBison
February 17th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Wouldn't that just be a slap in UND's face. But I don't think SDSU really wants to see USD get games against IAA teams either, didn't USD act just like UND about SDSU moving up?

If we scheduled USD there would be carnage in the Red River Valley.

I don't know who would pull the trigger nor who would be hit but there would be many dead. Many, many dead.

crunifan
February 17th, 2006, 03:02 PM

Had they not choked at Kansas last year they would have won the Big XII North. Too bad too, cause I really would have liked to see what Texas would have done to those Cyclones.

Hansel
February 17th, 2006, 06:17 PM
Had they not choked at Kansas last year they would have won the Big XII North. Too bad too, cause I really would have liked to see what Texas would have done to those Cyclones.
They choked against Mizzou the previous year as well

They are talented but don't have a winning mentality (except against U of I)

igo4uni
February 17th, 2006, 11:01 PM
If you ask me, Iowa State just plain sux.

nmatsen
February 18th, 2006, 09:18 AM
Jegbomb,
Come on. Take it easy on ILSU. The focus should be on teasing Youngstown this year, not the Crimson Crows.

:nono:

Thanks Cap'n. Just when I begin to falter you bitch smack me across the face and put me right back on track. I really apreciate it!

Hey FlyYtown, are you going to the MAC basketball tourney this year to cheer on Youngstown? I sure do hope that they can win the tournament and get an auto bid to NCAA's so they can show the world what a real MAC team can do!