PDA

View Full Version : Battle for the Dakota Marker 2010

Professor Chaos
November 8th, 2010, 04:38 PM
3PM this Saturday at the Fargodome. NDSU with a chance to pick up some steam for a playoff run. SDSU with the chance to thwart the Bison season on the road (like they did in 2008).

News from Coach Bohl this morning is that injured NDSU QB Brock Jensen is healthy and will dress for this game. Didn't elaborate on a starter and he likely won't for all those reasons that coaches think they need to be so secretive about everything.

Deer season and high school state championships up I29 at the Alerus Center in Grand Forks should make plenty of tickets available for the Bunny faithful who want them.

SDSU has won the last 3 in this series and I know I'm ready for the drought to end especially with what's on the line for the Bison.

My early prediction: Mohler starts for the Bison but the defense carries NDSU to a 20-16 victory over the Jacks.

Thoughts? Observations? Predictions?

slostang
November 8th, 2010, 06:18 PM
3PM this Saturday at the Fargodome. NDSU with a chance to pick up some steam for a playoff run. SDSU with the chance to thwart the Bison season on the road (like they did in 2008).

News from Coach Bohl this morning is that injured NDSU QB Brock Jensen is healthy and will dress for this game. Didn't elaborate on a starter and he likely won't for all those reasons that coaches think they need to be so secretive about everything.

Deer season and high school state championships up I29 at the Alerus Center in Grand Forks should make plenty of tickets available for the Bunny faithful who want them.

SDSU has won the last 3 in this series and I know I'm ready for the drought to end especially with what's on the line for the Bison.

My early prediction: Mohler starts for the Bison but the defense carries NDSU to a 20-16 victory over the Jacks.

Thoughts? Observations? Predictions?

They should call this the black and blue bowl. Two very physical teams playing smash mouth football. Should be another classic.

FargoBison
November 8th, 2010, 06:24 PM
Yeah I can't think of a team that plays more like NDSU than SDSU. Should be another great game.

The physical play only ramps up more with this on the line...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b7/Dakota_Marker.JPG

For those across the FCS landscape the game is on Fox College Sports Central, Fox Sports North, Fox Sports Midwest and Comcast Sportsnet Chicago.

LakesBison
November 8th, 2010, 06:53 PM
"Deer season and high school state championships up I29 at the Alerus Center in Grand Forks should make plenty of tickets available for the Bunny faithful who want them"

Dont know what you are thinking but DEER OPENER was last week, and NO ONE goes up to grand forks... itll be a FULL HOUSE, 19000+ and crazy!

NDSU will come out and smack them in the mouth and destory the soon-to-be car salesman lil kyle minute!!

89rabbit
November 8th, 2010, 06:56 PM
See you in Fargo!

Princetonfan
November 8th, 2010, 07:43 PM
NDSU- 24
SDSU- 21
Close game, both teams should be good all around this game..
Anyone know a stream where it may be online?

LeeshaJo
November 8th, 2010, 07:44 PM
I would bet with all the tv coverage of this one, it gets picked up on channelsurfing.net

BTW... I agree with the score.. but honestly feel it could go either way.

Chi Panther
November 8th, 2010, 07:52 PM
I have to go wit the Bison on this one...

MplsBison
November 8th, 2010, 08:31 PM
SDSU judges itself against NDSU, has since the marker was made when both school moved up to DI.

They'll will put everything into winning this game that they have, just like they did the last three years.

Talent really has nothing to do with it. NDSU had more talent than SDSU in 2007, by far, but SDSU still won the game.

If NDSU doesn't win this game, it's still possible they could back into the playoffs at 7-4...but that's not what anyone associated with the program wants. Anything other than a win in Fargo against SDSU will be unacceptable, playoffs or not.

LakesBison
November 8th, 2010, 08:48 PM
beating NDSU is all sdsu dreams about 364 days a year. NDSU has bigger fish to fry, but even if we had bad qb play, bad O.C and 6 true freshman playing I FULLY EXPECT NDSU to beat the hell outta them.

for the NDSU NFL'ers, Joe Mays, Craig Dahl, Nick Schommer, Ramon Humber, Kole Heckendorf and their 10-1 season, NDSU owes sdsu a beat down!

89rabbit
November 8th, 2010, 08:58 PM
You guys say the same thing year after year after year. I guess if you say it long enough it is bound to come true someday. Until then enjoy some snap shots.

SDSU 29 - NDSU 24

http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics/200/QK/QKOEUNKKXJUHFZU.20071117230344.jpg

SDSU 25 - NDSU 24

http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics/200/XD/XDRPUCZKNGYGRLQ.20081123035352.jpg

SDSU 28 - NDSU 13

http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics22/200/EQ/EQUORKPBGNKKUDB.20091019193428.jpg

xlolx xnodx xlolx xnodx

MplsBison
November 8th, 2010, 10:17 PM
You guys say the same thing year after year after year. I guess if you say it long enough it is bound to come true someday. Until then enjoy some snap shots.

SDSU 29 - NDSU 24

http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics/200/QK/QKOEUNKKXJUHFZU.20071117230344.jpg

SDSU 25 - NDSU 24

http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics/200/XD/XDRPUCZKNGYGRLQ.20081123035352.jpg

SDSU 28 - NDSU 13

http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics22/200/EQ/EQUORKPBGNKKUDB.20091019193428.jpg

xlolx xnodx xlolx xnodx

I do believe that SDSU will be relevant in NCAA football history books once they win their first national championship.

Then they will earn the seat at the big boys table that their fans so desperately crave.

89rabbit
November 8th, 2010, 10:26 PM
Ahhhh the defense mechanism of all Bison, if they can't beat you . . . they talk about their D-II glory days of the 1980's.

Bison fan says "Back when Reagan was President we were something, you should have seen us!" xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

MplsBison
November 8th, 2010, 10:42 PM
Ahhhh the defense mechanism of all Bison, if they can't beat you . . . they talk about their D-II glory days of the 1980's.

Bison fan says "Back when Reagan was President we were something, you should have seen us!" xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Thing is - even if NDSU wins on Saturday, SDSU fans will still be posting the same three images. It's all you've got.

LakesBison
November 9th, 2010, 01:35 AM
thats all they have in their HISTORY... or that score in missoula last fall.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 9th, 2010, 07:07 AM
I would bet with all the tv coverage of this one, it gets picked up on channelsurfing.net

BTW... I agree with the score.. but honestly feel it could go either way.

It doesn't matter what the records are....this game will be a good one.

Bison have something to play for -- playoff berth and if they cannot get up for this game and play up to their abilities, then they do not deserve to win.

A healthy Jensen and I would say the Bison win this by 2 TDs but with Mohler at QB anything can happen....he makes as many mistakes as good plays.

Bison defense is playing very well right now and if they can contain Minnett and make the Jacks throw most of the game then the Bison win.

Jacks will stack the box and make Mohler throw.....Good idea. Mohler better bring his A-game......like go out of bounds or take a sack.....xbangxxbangx

Bison win: 28-17

Professor Chaos
November 9th, 2010, 07:59 AM

And that's different from continually bringing up the last 3 games how? The past is in the past for both teams. This is a much different NDSU team, especially on defense, from last years squad. A lot of new pieces on both sides of the ball and I'm excited to see a big game in the Fargodome for the first time in a while. The more Jacks fans that show up the better, will make it more entertaining for the fans at least.

darell1976
November 9th, 2010, 08:10 AM
SDSU 28
NDSU 17

The marker stays in Brookings.

RabidRabbit
November 9th, 2010, 08:18 AM
If Jacks get any kind of a lead, and Bison have to play catch-up, Jacks win. Same true in reverse. Neither team has demonstrated an ability to come back quickly. As a Jacks fan, I hope Mohler starts, and melts down like he's shown in the past. Should be a great Black/Blue battle again.

F'N Hawks
November 9th, 2010, 10:44 AM
The line is NDSU by 2. Over/Under is 32.5

Total seems pretty low. Thoughts?

THE HERD
November 9th, 2010, 10:50 AM
If the Bison D contains Minnett(spelling?) we will win, but if he gets one of his 120+ yard games.....bye bye playoffs and Dakota Marker. Its that simple.

THE HERD
November 9th, 2010, 10:53 AM
How many yards did Minett get in last years game?? Just curious, because this years Bison D is much improved over last year......we couldn't stop anybody last year. If I had to guess I would say 135yds??

BirdieJack
November 9th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Minett had 164 yards on 34 carries and Duffy(who spells Minett) had 48 yards on 9 carries.

The Bison probably don't want to give up 202 total yards rushing again if they want to remain playoff elligible.xcoffeex

Go Jacks...Beat the Bison!!

mgbison
November 9th, 2010, 11:12 AM
NDSU perspective:

I like our defense's chances in this one. As long as Gratzek's in the middle they aren't going to be able to run the ball consistently on us. The teams that hurt us rushing were teams that had mobile QB's also. We don't have to account for their QB scrambling, so we can focus Minett. He'll get some tough yards, but we have plenty of depth at linebacker. Also, we've been starting a true freshman at strong safety the past 2 games and he's been the leading tackeler in both games.

I think the key in this game is which sophmore QB doesn't turn the ball over, or which defense gets more pressure on the QB.

mgbison
November 9th, 2010, 11:15 AM
I think we can give up yards rushing and be ok. We just can't let TOB beat us. The key is getting SDSU in 3rd and long and make TOB make a play.

THE HERD
November 9th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Minett had 164 yards on 34 carries and Duffy(who spells Minett) had 48 yards on 9 carries.

The Bison probably don't want to give up 202 total yards rushing again if they want to remain playoff elligible.xcoffeex

If he gets that many again it won't even be close. With that bieng said I don't think he is gonna get 164 again.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 9th, 2010, 12:19 PM
The total of 32 1/2 may be right on the money... I could easily see the final score being 17-14. Rabbits win, of course...

This thing is going to be a battle of field position. And, like most contests between the two, whoever has fewer turnovers will win the game.

Looking forward to it! Good luck to NDSU.

Professor Chaos
November 11th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Battle for the Dakota Marker (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAUJkqELrzg&feature=sub)

Great video! This should get Bison fans fired up for the game if they weren't already.

jacksfan29
November 11th, 2010, 10:42 AM
beating NDSU is all sdsu dreams about 364 days a year. NDSU has bigger fish to fry...

What, like finishing a conference season out of the basement? Yep, NDSU sure has bigger fish to fry.

SDSU 31
NDSU 17

SDSU runs the table on the two North Dakota schools to finish the year 6-1 in their last 7 games setting up another playoff run in 2011.

TheBisonator
November 11th, 2010, 10:24 PM
This will be a very low scoring game until late in the game, with perhaps SDSU having a lead going into the 4th quarter. Bison score some points late to take control.

Jacks 16
Bison 24

Squealofthepig
November 12th, 2010, 12:51 AM
First, have no prediction, but looking forward to this game. Any internet broadcasts?

Whichever team wins will have a good story for the year - Bison rebound and make playoffs after coming up to FCS; SDSU rebounds after an improbable start. Here's hoping both teams stay healthy through this one!

Twentysix
November 12th, 2010, 01:43 AM
Lets do this bison! Defensive touchdown decides the game.

Our defense will hold SDSU down. But our offense will let SDSU hold us down. Hopefully we can do a screen pass for a touchdown. 20-9 Bison (3 FG for SDSU.) (Defensive/Special teams touchdown, Screen pass touchdown/Breakout run touchdown, 2 FG. NDSU)

BirdieJack
November 12th, 2010, 02:11 PM
I'm guessing most Bison and Rabbit fans have seen this article, but thought the rest of the AGS/FCS fans would get a kick out of it also! A very good read and tells you a lot about the Dakota Marker Rivalry.

http://www.bisonillustrated.com/s.php?s=401

89rabbit
November 12th, 2010, 03:17 PM
I'm guessing most Bison and Rabbit fans have seen this article, but thought the rest of the AGS/FCS fans would get a kick out of it also! A very good read and tells you a lot about the Dakota Marker Rivalry.

http://www.bisonillustrated.com/s.php?s=401

Hey Joshua,

Your brother will be on the sideline in Yellow and Blue. No gold at SDSU. xnonono2x