PDA

View Full Version : NDSU-Playoff drought may end?

darell1976
November 8th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Could NDSU's playoff drought end this season. NDSU's last playoff game was December 2, 2000 with a 34-16 loss to Delta State in the D2 playoffs. NDSU's last home playoff game was November 21, 1992 at old Dacotah Field they beat NE Missouri State 42-7 in the D2 playoffs. If NDSU hosted a playoff game it would be the first playoff game at the Fargodome.

SDSU made the playoffs last season, I guess its NDSU's turn this year.xnodx

BearsCountry
November 8th, 2010, 04:42 PM
If Bison makes the playoffs it means all of the current MVFC schools will have qualifed for the FCS playoffs.

Gil Dobie
November 8th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Hopefully the team is concentrating on SDSU, and SDSU only.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 8th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Don't sleep on the Rabbits...

LakesBison
November 8th, 2010, 06:45 PM
WHY is a fan from _ _ _ starting this thread? un real. 7 years+ move on.org

Princetonfan
November 8th, 2010, 07:39 PM
I can't see that happening.... they'd need a lot of luck..

LakesBison
November 8th, 2010, 08:34 PM
even if we lose and are 7-4. We deserve in with at Kansas Win.

Cincy App
November 8th, 2010, 09:25 PM

Win out to finish 8-3 and NDSU will be in the playoffs. One more loss and you will need much help. Kansas is a good win but they are a very weak 1-A team. Four losses to FCS teams would certainly be a blemish - most other 7-4 teams only have 3. No 7-4 team "deserves" the playoffs however some will be so fortunate.

ValleyChamp
November 8th, 2010, 09:32 PM
I can't see that happening.... they'd need a lot of luck..

They don't need luck. They just need to win, and they will be ok.

Well, on second though, maybe you are right. xlolx

ValleyChamp
November 8th, 2010, 09:33 PM

Not a chance.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 9th, 2010, 07:10 AM
Just win.

Bison control their own destiny.

GO BISON

RabidRabbit
November 9th, 2010, 07:33 AM
As is, Bison will be lucky to tie for second, 2 games behind UNI. IF NDSU loses again, then they are 4-4, and in the lower 1/2 of the MVFC, definitely not the resume of a play-off participant. NDSU REALLY needs to win out, and they have two tough games left. SDSU for the Dakota Marker, but it is in Fargo. Then finish on the road with a dangerous Mo St. team.

Here's hoping that Bison don't make it as Jacks pull the 4th straight Marker win.

leatherneck177
November 9th, 2010, 09:46 AM
I'll do this because it is worth the debate and a very real possiblity:

Who gets in 7-4 North Dakota State or 7-4 Western Illinois?

Obviously NDSU beat Kansas, but Western won at NDSU. Let's say Western wins at SIU, but loses to UNI to finish the season.

Gil Dobie
November 9th, 2010, 12:48 PM
I'll do this because it is worth the debate and a very real possiblity:

Who gets in 7-4 North Dakota State or 7-4 Western Illinois?

Obviously NDSU beat Kansas, but Western won at NDSU. Let's say Western wins at SIU, but loses to UNI to finish the season.

WIU gets the auto due to a sweep over NDSU & UNI, UNI at 7-4 gets in over NDSU due to head-to-head, making the NDSU game a big win for UNI ;)

OrygunBison
November 9th, 2010, 04:22 PM
NDSU will finish the regular season at 8-3 and will host a playoff game. If one or the other QB starts to light things up, this team could raise some eyebrows in the coming weeks.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 9th, 2010, 07:41 PM
NDSU will finish the regular season at 8-3 and will host a playoff game. If one or the other QB starts to light things up, this team could raise some eyebrows in the coming weeks.

If Mohler keeps making "bone-headed" mistakes then the playoffs will not be an issue. If Jensen is ready to go, he gives us a better chance in both games......he is a better QB.

WIU, IMO, is going to lose their last 2 games.......UNI conference champs and NDSU is an at-large team.

Walkon79
November 9th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Would love to see the Bison in Bobcat Stadium. Good luck in your quest.

MplsBison
November 9th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Would love to see the Bison in Bobcat Stadium. Good luck in your quest.

NDSU can offer the NCAA more revenue for the first round game in Fargo than MSU can offer for the first round game in Bozeman.

Sorry. Reality.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 10th, 2010, 06:06 AM
NDSU can offer the NCAA more revenue for the first round game in Fargo than MSU can offer for the first round game in Bozeman.

Sorry. Reality.

I agree.

The only team that could out-bid the Bison would be the Grizz.