PDA

View Full Version : Don't Mess With Brent...

Baldy
November 7th, 2010, 11:27 PM
Great article on GSU/App game from Saturday, and who many think is the best D lineman in FCS football.

From high atop the Paulson press box I could tell early GSU's Brent Russell was having no part of being pushed around by the talented ASU offensive line. From the first series, Russell dominated the Mountaineers. Perhaps the best defensive lineman in FCS football, and just a sophomore, Russell had his way all day against the Mountaineers. His play was so dominating he reminded me of Warren Sapp's days in Miami. From the first snap, Russell totally took control of the line of scrimmage. It was truly an amazing performance by a sure NFL talent.

Although ASU led by 14 through the first quarter and first half, I wasn't fooled. It was clear Georgia Southern was controlling both lines of scrimmage. And as GSU quarterback Jaybo Shaw scored late in the second half, those points and the success of the late touchdown gave the Eagles a big shot of confidence entering the lockeroom at the half.

xthumbsupx

gsugt1
November 8th, 2010, 07:07 AM
That man is a beast .. We saw him Saturday night .. he looks bigger without pads :)