PDA

View Full Version : Week 11 in the MVFC

DOME
November 7th, 2010, 08:03 PM
1:00 PM InSU @ YSU...Penguins protect the ice castle and do their part to keep the trees from a winning season!
2:00 pm WIU @ SIU...directional illinois make for an interesting show but barr passes all over the dogs and set up a big final game!
2:00 pm EIU @ IlST...more directional illinois...this one not as interesting as the birds put up fifty in a rout!
4:00 pm SDSU @ NDSU...battle of the marker isn't much of a battlle as the bunnies get rick rolled in the dome...
7:00 pm MoST @ UNI...TA doesn't stand a chance in the not-so-friendly confines of THEE DOME...uni by three scores.

Gil Dobie
November 7th, 2010, 09:06 PM
4 out of 5 hometeams

1:00 PM InSU @ YSU
2:00 pm WIU @ SIU
2:00 pm EIU @ IlST
4:00 pm SDSU @ NDSU
7:00 pm MoST @ UNI

UNI Pike
November 7th, 2010, 09:12 PM
IN ST @ YSU - IN ST looks to be a more complete team. Both have decent offenses, but IN ST D looks more consistent
WIU @ SIU - Are there any players left on the SIU defense?
EIU @ IL ST - I am picking the Redbirds? Holy crap.
SDSU @ NDSU - Picked NDSU last week. From what I saw, NDSU D looked pretty good, offense looked out of synch - yet still won. That said, SDSU still seems to be improving. And the temptation of winning the Dakota Marker and derailing the hairy cows' playoff chances proves too much.
MO ST @ UNI - Farley vs Allen - the student has become the master. Farley 4-0 against his old boss. TA's teams have always had a high powered offense, and limited defense. Never more so than this year. Farley and UNI soon to be 5-0 against MSU.

MSUDuo
November 7th, 2010, 09:36 PM
For anyone who knows, how is the auto-bid determined if there is a two way tie for first? Three way tie and one team has beaten the other two teams? Thanks

UNI Pike
November 7th, 2010, 09:48 PM
Here

NCAA Automatic Qualifier. Ties shall be broken to determine the team which receives the automatic bid to the NCAA championship as follows:

a. In the event of a two-team tie in the round robin result, the tie will be broken by:

(1) Head-to-head match-up
(2) Each team's record against the next highest ranked team
b. If three or more teams are tied:

(1) Comparison of cumulative records involving games with the tied teams. For example, if a team is 2-0 against two other tied teams, that team will be declared champion.
(2) Each team's record against the next highest ranked team, excluding the teams which are tied.
For example, Teams
A, B, & C are tied. Team D finished 4th.

Case #1: A beat D; B & C lost to D. A is the champion.

Case #2: A & B beat D; C lost to D. C is eliminated and the champion is the winner of A & B head-to-head.

Case #3: A, B & C all beat (or lost to) D. Go to their records against the 5th place team to break the tie. If still tied, consider records against 6th and then 7th place teams.

(3) The latest available GPI ranking prior to NCAA selection shall be used as the final tiebreaker.

MSUDuo
November 7th, 2010, 09:52 PM
Here

Thanks, had just found it myself as well.

UNI Pike
November 7th, 2010, 10:09 PM
Sorry - it took awhile to reformat so it was readable

BTW - does TA survive the season if he doesn't make the playoffs?

MSUDuo
November 7th, 2010, 10:33 PM
Sorry - it took awhile to reformat so it was readable

BTW - does TA survive the season if he doesn't make the playoffs?

No worries.

It is hard to say. He just signed an extension I believe and have no idea what his buyout would be. Don't think TA is the problem, it is our coordinators. But then again, who hires those guys?

It can take a while to turn a football program around. We have been bringing in and getting rid of HC every 5 years for the past 20 years. At some point we need to stick with one and see if something happens.

Personally, I think we need an up and coming D2 coach who is wanting to make a name for himself. No offense to TA or Randy Ball or Del Miller but they had been here before and done everything you can just about do at this level. What else was driving them? The love of the game can only take you so far.

But to answer your question, yes, he stays after this year.

MSUDuo
November 7th, 2010, 10:37 PM
YSU
SIU
IlST
NDSU
MoST

Just because MSU still has a shot at the playoffs...xwhistlex

Big Al
November 7th, 2010, 10:50 PM
InSU @ YSU
WIU @ SIU
EIU @ IlST
SDSU @ NDSU
MoST @ UNI

The InSU/YSU game is probably the hardest to call on the week -- this could go either way. I'm picking the Trees because I'd like to see them finish the year with a winning record. SDSU/NDSU is probably next -- I'm going with the Rabbits because they've had the Bison's number for the last 3 years and they're just a better (even if less talented) team.

TheBisonator
November 7th, 2010, 11:18 PM
Home teams almost sweep, but I think the Trees will finally take one on the road.

INSU @ YSU
WIU @ SIU
EIU @ ILSU
SDSU @ NDSU
MSU @ UNI

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 8th, 2010, 06:11 AM
All home teams this week:

YSU
SIU
ISU
NDSU -- Marker returns to its rightful home!
UNI

RabidRabbit
November 8th, 2010, 08:38 AM
1:00 PM InSU @ YSU...Trees show that their a top half MVFC team this year.
2:00 pm WIU @ SIU...directional illinois make for an interesting show but barr passes all over the dogs and set up a big final game!
2:00 pm EIU @ IlST...more directional illinois...Hyde Birds show up, and beat Panthers!
4:00 pm SDSU @ NDSU...battle of the marker isn't much of a battlle as the Jacks receivers click, while Minett twists and turns for 120+ yd.
7:00 pm MoST @ UNI...TA doesn't stand a chance in the not-so-friendly confines of THEE DOME...uni sets up for a WIU/UNI for the AQ.

Sycamore51
November 8th, 2010, 10:03 AM
INST
WIU
ILST
SDSU
UNI

Cap'n Cat
November 8th, 2010, 10:23 AM
1:00 PM InSU @ YSU - Big roader for Trees
2:00 pm WIU @ SIU - Final gasp of brilliance for Dawgs in '10
2:00 pm EIU @ IlST - Shootout, could reach 150 points
4:00 pm SDSU @ NDSU - Going with my brain, not my heart
7:00 pm MoST @ UNI - UNI by 30+

leatherneck177
November 8th, 2010, 11:35 AM
InSU @ YSU - Penguins finally hold a team off in the 4th quarter, win by 4.
WIU @ SIU - Salukis run over and around Leathernecks, win by 6 in a high scoring game.
EIU @ IlST - Redbirds in a surprisingly close game, win by 7.
SDSU @ NDSU - Bison get it done with a total team effort, O and D shine, win by 10.
MoST @ UNI - Bears play loose with nothing on the line, win by 6.

jacksfan29
November 8th, 2010, 11:44 AM
1:00 PM InSU @ YSU - YSU at home, Trees down after loss to UNI
2:00 pm WIU @ SIU - Barr rolls to keep WIU in playoff hunt
2:00 pm EIU @ IlST - Ill State by 21
4:00 pm SDSU @ NDSU - Bison are never in the game, SDSU by 10. Bisonville explodes as they once again call for Bohl's job
7:00 pm MoST @ UNI - UNI by 7 in a high scoring game

THE HERD
November 8th, 2010, 02:45 PM

Crap were gonna lose now.........The Capn picked us! We had a good thing going, you would pick against us and we would win the last few weeks. Ya sure you don't want to change that pick??

THE HERD
November 8th, 2010, 02:48 PM

And you didn't even call us the praire poopers........we are cursed for sure now!

Professor Chaos
November 10th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Indiana St @ Yougstown St - Youngstown can't lose every game by a FG.... can they?
Western Illinois @ Southern Illinois - The team still playing for something wins this one
Eastern Illinois @ Illinois St - Redbirds end the season on a bittersweet note; a winning season but no postseason
South Dakota St @ North Dakota St - Bison win a defensive battle by less than a score
Missouri St @ Northern Iowa - The Panthers are a better team and they're at home, they win easily

DOME
November 12th, 2010, 04:29 PM
I'm with Cap'n...last home game of the season. I think we lay the wood and win by several scores.

nmatsen
November 13th, 2010, 07:24 AM
2:00 pm WIU @ SIU (Big, in the third quarter I start to think about telling my in laws to stick it.

5:45 pm After thinking for a while it is confirmed, I am going to tell my in laws I don't care about their reunion, I am going to Cedar Falls to watch the cats raise the hardware, again.

7:00 pm MoST @ UNI 4+ scores

Drblankstare
November 13th, 2010, 06:54 PM
2:00 pm WIU @ SIU (Big, in the third quarter I start to think about telling my in laws to stick it.

5:45 pm After thinking for a while it is confirmed, I am going to tell my in laws I don't care about their reunion, I am going to Cedar Falls to watch the cats raise the hardware, again.

7:00 pm MoST @ UNI 4+ scores

Gotta have priorities and yours are the right ones. xthumbsupx

Big Al
November 13th, 2010, 09:18 PM
InSU @ YSU
WIU @ SIU
EIU @ IlST
SDSU @ NDSU
MoST @ UNI

Yes, No, Yes, No, YES!

Congrats to UNI for winning the conference championship in such a decisive fashion! Also, I think props need to go out to InSU for turning their program around this year -- here's to them building a winning tradition again in Terre Haute.

Unfortunately, next week's game in Macomb won't be for the conference title, but UNI needs to keep their feet on the throttle as they prepare for the playoffs.

TheBisonator
November 13th, 2010, 09:37 PM
Home teams almost sweep, but I think the Trees will finally take one on the road.

INSU @ YSU
WIU @ SIU
EIU @ ILSU
SDSU @ NDSU
MSU @ UNI

Jimmy The Greek.

Indianastate45
November 13th, 2010, 10:02 PM
Thanks Big Al