PDA

View Full Version : Southland Conference - Week 11 Predictions

TexasTerror
November 7th, 2010, 07:06 AM
Welcome to our annual Southland Conference prediction thread. I will not be keeping track of everyone's results week to week, so you are more than welcome to do your part in helping out! For purposes of Lamar's entrance into the league in 2011, we'll also be including them in our predictions!

Week 11 Game Listing
Nicholls at Northwestern State
Southeastern Louisiana at Stephen F. Austin
Sam Houston State at Central Arkansas
Texas State - San Marcos at McNeese State
South Dakota at Lamar

Week 11 TT's Predictions & Quick Analysis
Nicholls at Northwestern State - The Demons are clearly on the rise and this game would set up a showdown for the SLC automatic bid (possibly) pending other results in the league. Demons at home, BDP will have the team ready. NORTHWESTERN STATE

Southeastern Louisiana at Stephen F. Austin - The Lions can't find any sort of comfort in any of their quarterbacks it seems. SFA is going to be going in for the 'kill' and whether it be Beatty or Young, the Lions will be axed. STEPHEN F. AUSTIN

Sam Houston State at Central Arkansas - The Bearkats will be making the trip to Conway, Ark. and the Bears are coming off an offensive outburst against the Bobcats from San Marcos. Not sure SHSU's defense can keep UCA in check. CENTRAL ARKANSAS

Texas State - San Marcos at McNeese State - The Fire Wright movement comes back from time to time and will likely be in full gear after yet another loss - this time to the Pokes. Can't imagine what the reaction will be like if TXST falls to both McNeese and SHSU to finish out. Good thing the WAC announcement is likely this week per sources. McNEESE STATE

South Dakota at Lamar - Lamar is just not in position to compete on a week-in and week-out basis against other FCS programs. South Dakota has not won on the road since that FBS win on 9/11, but this should make'em feel better. SOUTH DAKOTA

TT's Predictions All-Time Results
2007 Record: 46-14 (24-4 SLC)
2008 Record: 40-22 (9-18 SLC)
2009 Record: 41-22 (16-12 SLC)
2010 Record: 43-12 (14-6 SLC)
Total: 170-70 (63-40 SLC)

Frosty The Snowbuff
November 11th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Nicholls at Northwestern State --- Once again not picking this game for reasons yall already know....

Southeastern Louisiana at Stephen F. Austin ---- I have a dream that somehow....someway....the mighty Lions from Hammond, LA play the greatest 4 quarters in the history of Southeastern Football and come up with a crucial upset on the road....Unfortunately...I got pinched as I was typing this so my dream has ended before the game is even played xbawlingx

Sam Houston State at Central Arkansas --- I flipped a quarter....It landed on tails...

Texas State - San Marcos at McNeese State --- Bobcats already used up their upset bid of the year....I'm not expecting 2 of them....Would be nice though....

South Dakota at Lamar --- I STILL HAVE FAITH IN LAMAR....THEY GOTSA WIN ONE MORE GIN!!!! SAY IT WITH ME NOW!!!!!!! LAMAR WILL WIN!!!

TexasTerror
November 11th, 2010, 12:45 PM
South Dakota at Lamar --- I STILL HAVE FAITH IN LAMAR....THEY GOTSA WIN ONE MORE GIN!!!! SAY IT WITH ME NOW!!!!!!! LAMAR WILL WIN!!!

They will - it's called Oklahoma Panhandle State! :)

houtexan
November 11th, 2010, 01:32 PM

I liked what I saw last week vs. Georgia State (even though LU blew the 4th QTR lead). I like Prewitt at QB better than Bevil and the move to play some other talent paid off big last week vs. GSU.

houtexan
November 11th, 2010, 01:33 PM
South Dakota at Lamar - I like the changes Woodard made vs. Georgia State.

jhanel
November 11th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Go Demons! LET'S GET IT!!!

GeauxLions94
November 11th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Nicholls at Northwestern State - Demons playing very well and will be playing for Nicholls' previous coach (Jay Thomas), who is now on the sidelines of the other NSU ... NORTHWESTERN STATE

Southeastern Louisiana at Stephen F. Austin - SFA = playing like the defending champ (except for that one bump in the road) ... Southeastern = playing not like the team that was picked to finish third in the league ... hope the Lions can keep it close, but ... STEPHEN F. AUSTIN

Sam Houston State at Central Arkansas - UCA still playing for the title as well but tough pair of games remaining starting with SHSU ... what is the status of SHSU's Tim Flanders ... I say CENTRAL ARKANSAS

Texas State at McNeese State - WAC-bound Texas State with a chance to get one of its remaining FCS wins ... McNeese State still playing for the league title and will look to beat Bobcats for the first time in Lake Charles since 2002 ... MCNEESE STATE

South Dakota at Lamar - South Dakota beat Minnesota earlier this year, but has struggled to a losing record ... Yotes look to wrap up the season with a win on the road, though Lamar faithful will look to finish first season with wins at home ... not this week Redbirds ... SOUTH DAKOTA

McNeese75
November 11th, 2010, 09:12 PM

South Dakota at Lamar

2010 Record
34-17

jhanel
November 12th, 2010, 02:19 PM
NSU vs Nicholls @ 2pm Saturday, November 13th, 2010, Turpin Stadium! We Retake NSU! LET'S GET IT!!!
http://www.vimeo.com/16773325

msusig
November 13th, 2010, 10:42 AM
South Dakota at Lamar

44-13

purplejacks
November 13th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Doesnt appear that NSU watched your video.

houtexan
November 13th, 2010, 08:54 PM

Lamar 24, South Dakota 20

Frosty The Snowbuff
November 14th, 2010, 04:50 AM
Lamar 24, South Dakota 20

At least yall made me look good xlolx

With that said...it was a fun run while it lasted....I expected something like this to happen us in "Voodooland" NOT in our home stadium....

Maybe there was a hidden pack of doll somewhere....

Oh well....maybe we'll shock the world and go out with a bang against SFA....