PDA

View Full Version : Who's #1 Monday

WMTribe90
November 7th, 2010, 12:14 AM
With ASU and JSU losing I think it should be WM (7-2).

Three wins against top 10 opponents. Defeated then #1 Vilanova and then #2 UD. Went on the road today and beat #8 UNH with our 3rd and 4th string QBs. UNH had won 12 straight at home.

Are only losses are an opening road game loss to a top 15 UMass by 4 points and to a 6-3 UNC squad that beat FSU today. We led UNC most of the game and outplayed them for 3.5 quarters.

Now, with our QB situation up in the air we may lose next week to JMU, but I was never a believer in ranking based on injuries. The future will take care or itself. As of today, I think WM is deserving of the #1 spot.

TheBisonator
November 7th, 2010, 12:38 AM
App may fall to no lower than 2 or 3, but I get where you're coming from. I can't think of another team at the moment that would be a better case for #1 than W&M, simply by the fact that #1 lost today.

I saw W&M play on TV against I think it was Delaware. I forgot if it was Delaware, maybe it was Villanova. Anyway, you guys were kicking arse in the 1st half before I went to watch the Bison game. You have a good team right now.

Mattymc727
November 7th, 2010, 12:41 AM

Three wins against top 10 opponents. Defeated then #1 Vilanova and then #2 UD. Went on the road today and beat #8 UNH with our 3rd and 4th string QBs. UNH had won 12 straight at home.

Are only losses are an opening road game loss to a top 15 UMass by 4 points and to a 6-3 UNC squad that beat FSU today. We led UNC most of the game and outplayed them for 3.5 quarters.

Now, with our QB situation up in the air we may lose next week to JMU, but I was never a believer in ranking based on injuries. The future will take care or itself. As of today, I think WM is deserving of the #1 spot.

with the performance on saturday, i would agree. Thats a championship defense for sure, Im not sure that beating UNH is something to brag about because I dont think we are playoff caliber, but it was on the road and you were filled with injuries. W&M gets my nod for now

soccerguy315
November 7th, 2010, 12:54 AM
If I voted, I would have:
1. W&M
2. Delaware
3. ASU

I can see dropping ASU into the 8-10 range based on losing to an unranked team, but IMO they are still one of the favorites to get to Texas, so that is where I would put them.

umassfan
November 7th, 2010, 05:08 AM
App should fall to 4/5 range. App has a decent chance to lose their last three games of the season. All three are the hardest of the year. They will at least lose 2 of 3 to end the year. They finish with 8-1 Woff at home and then @ Florida.

Green26
November 7th, 2010, 05:39 AM
I wouldn't drop ASU much at all. They merely lost a game in OT. WM may move to the top spot, but it's turned out that previously ranked teams Villanova and UMass are not as good as their rankings at the time. I agree with Soccerguy's top 3, but not necessarily in that order. Given that teams usually drop after losses, Soccerguy's order may turn out to be right too.

umassfan
November 7th, 2010, 05:48 AM
I wouldn't drop ASU much at all. They merely lost a game in OT. WM may move to the top spot, but it's turned out that previously ranked teams Villanova and UMass are not as good as their rankings at the time. I agree with Soccerguy's top 3, but not necessarily in that order. Given that teams usually drop after losses, Soccerguy's order may turn out to be right too.

They still lost by 7... OT or reg it doesnt matter. They should drop 3/4 spots. WM still has the best win vs anyone in FCS beating Delaware. UMass should be ranked this week in the 10-12 range. Nova will be a top 10 team. Top 5 should be:

1) W&M(only fcs loss to top 15 UMass)
2) Delaware(only loss to W&M)
3) Eastern Wash(only fcs loss to top 15 Montana St)
4) Wofford(only loss to Ohio U... Undefeated in Southern)
5) App(1 loss to unranked GSU... two toughest games of year still to play)

appnut
November 7th, 2010, 07:04 AM
apps only loss vs speculation of the last two game does not translate to a 4 spot loss.

OhioHen
November 7th, 2010, 07:11 AM

If you already had William and Mary at #3, they are the logical #1. Those who had Delaware at #3 and William and Mary at #4 would logically elevate the Hens to #1 and the Tribe to #2, IMO.

kdinva
November 7th, 2010, 07:19 AM
1) W&M
2) Delaware
3) App. St.
4) Wofford
5) EWU
6) Villanova
7) S F Austin
8) Jacks. St.
9) Beth-Cookman
10) SE Mizz. St.

HensRock
November 7th, 2010, 07:24 AM
I can see Delaware getting some #1 votes. Personally, I'm not sure which way I will go.
Consider that W&M has 2 losses to Delaware's 1. Yes, UD lost to W&M - by 1 point due to missed field goal AT W&M's house after the Tribe had an extra week to prepare. If you discount the 3 point home field advantage, you have a case for Delaware at #1 and W&M at #2. Like I said, I'm not sure which way to go at this point. Both teams are very close in strength, that is for sure.

HensRock
November 7th, 2010, 07:26 AM
App may fall to no lower than 2 or 3, but I get where you're coming from. I can't think of another team at the moment that would be a better case for #1 than W&M, simply by the fact that #1 lost today.

I saw W&M play on TV against I think it was Delaware. I forgot if it was Delaware, maybe it was Villanova. Anyway, you guys were kicking arse in the 1st half before I went to watch the Bison game. You have a good team right now.

That was Nova. Delaware led at W&M until late in the game. The Tribe beat Nova handily.

Ud1Hens
November 7th, 2010, 07:37 AM
#1 W&M
#2 Delaware
#3 Eastern Washington
#4 Wofford
#5 App State

It'll be fun with some huge games on tap this Saturday including the Appy/Wofford matchup.

tribe_pride
November 7th, 2010, 08:02 AM
I can see Delaware getting some #1 votes. Personally, I'm not sure which way I will go.
Consider that W&M has 2 losses to Delaware's 1. Yes, UD lost to W&M - by 1 point due to missed field goal AT W&M's house after the Tribe had an extra week to prepare. If you discount the 3 point home field advantage, you have a case for Delaware at #1 and W&M at #2. Like I said, I'm not sure which way to go at this point. Both teams are very close in strength, that is for sure.

Everyone remembers the Delaware missed 42 yarder but W&M missed one as well from the same distance and failed to go for 2 other FGs due to lack of confidence in our kicker (Delaware failed to go for one due to stupid coaching). There were a lot of ifs and or buts in that game. As you implied, who knows who would win again but both teams can play the "if such and such had (or hadn't) happened."

Hope both teams win out to Frisco. Could be a fun rematch.

BlueHenSinfonian
November 7th, 2010, 08:39 AM
I think I'd have to give the Tribe #1 this week with Delaware at #2. W&M's win of UNH was more of a challenge than Delaware's over Towson. That being said, Delaware has a more challenging final two games than W&M does, so if both teams win out I can see the argument to reverse the positions by then.

OLDMAIN80
November 7th, 2010, 08:43 AM
#1 W&M
#2 Delaware
#3 Eastern Washington
#4 Wofford
#5 App State

It'll be fun with some huge games on tap this Saturday including the Appy/Wofford matchup.

I would swap Wofford and Eastern Washington.

WMTribe90
November 7th, 2010, 08:52 AM
I think I'd have to give the Tribe #1 this week with Delaware at #2. W&M's win of UNH was more of a challenge than Delaware's over Towson. That being said, Delaware has a more challenging final two games than W&M does, so if both teams win out I can see the argument to reverse the positions by then.

If (big if) both teams won out, they would both have 9 DI wins and identical conference records. WM would own the head to head and played a tougher schedule by virtue of not playing Towson in conference and playing UNC instead of DII West Chester. Very little separating the two teams, but objectively don't see anything here that overrides the head-to-head result in UD's favor.

WMTribe90
November 7th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Sagarin out...

1) WM
2) UD
3) Villanova
4) EWU
5) Wofford
6) ASU

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt10.htm

FargoBison
November 7th, 2010, 09:12 AM
#1 W&M
#2 Delaware
#3 Eastern Washington
#4 Wofford
#5 App State

This is my top 5 as well.

Nebuta
November 7th, 2010, 09:15 AM

I think ASU will drop 4-5 spots. To give you an idea, UD dropped 4 spots after losing to future W&M #1 at their place by 1 point. (Couresty of a late missed FG to win the game). ASU lost to an unrank Ga So at their place. I would say ASU drops 6-7 spots but I think with both Jacksonville St and Nova losing helps ASU cause (hence the 4-5 drop).

My rankings would be
#1 W&M
#2 Delaware
#3 Eastern Washington
#4 Wofford
#5 App State
#7 Nova
#15 Jacksonville State

Nebuta
November 7th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Everyone remembers the Delaware missed 42 yarder but W&M missed one as well from the same distance and failed to go for 2 other FGs due to lack of confidence in our kicker (Delaware failed to go for one due to stupid coaching). There were a lot of ifs and or buts in that game. As you implied, who knows who would win again but both teams can play the "if such and such had (or hadn't) happened."

Hope both teams win out to Frisco. Could be a fun rematch.

Yeah really would be a great rematch to watch. Both teams well deserving of a NC title.

GreatAppSt
November 7th, 2010, 09:27 AM
They still lost by 7... OT or reg it doesnt matter. They should drop 3/4 spots. WM still has the best win vs anyone in FCS beating Delaware. UMass should be ranked this week in the 10-12 range. Nova will be a top 10 team. Top 5 should be:

I'm ranking Umass in the 15 to 20 range they stand a good chance to lose in the next two weeks.xnutsx

theasushow
November 7th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Just Voted
1. W&M
2. Delaware
3.Wofford
4. EWU
5. ASU

EWU was off this week and I personally have always had trouble jumping a team a ton of spots on their bye week just because teams ahead of them lost. Also, had JSU and Nova won I would have had ASU at the #7 hole. I am an APP fan but throughout the season I have penalized the top 3 teams for losing by dropping them atleast 4-5 spots in the poll, so it is only fair to do the same to ASU. ASU stayed in the top 5 only because of the other upsets that occured. ASU may still be one of the best 2-3 teams in the country, but regardless, they never should have lost to an unranked GSU team that had reached a low point on the season.

TwoFeathers
November 7th, 2010, 09:59 AM

Tribe should be #1 for exactly your reasons above. Offensive playbook was cut in half with Caprio, and probably down to 10% with Schmand (no passes). Believe it or not, but the defense appears to be playing better than last year.

jmufan999
November 7th, 2010, 10:32 AM
Just Voted
1. W&M
2. Delaware
3.Wofford
4. EWU
5. ASU

EWU was off this week and I personally have always had trouble jumping a team a ton of spots on their bye week just because teams ahead of them lost. Also, had JSU and Nova won I would have had ASU at the #7 hole. I am an APP fan but throughout the season I have penalized the top 3 teams for losing by dropping them atleast 4-5 spots in the poll, so it is only fair to do the same to ASU. ASU stayed in the top 5 only because of the other upsets that occured. ASU may still be one of the best 2-3 teams in the country, but regardless, they never should have lost to an unranked GSU team that had reached a low point on the season.

this is pretty sound logic in my opinion.

the crazy thing is that some lower (worse) ranked teams could beat some ahead of them, just depending on the style they play. wofford, for example, is going to cause a problem for SOMEONE in the playoffs. maybe UD won't match up with them, but say... Montana State would be able to. just throwing out examples. there should be a fair amount of upsets in the playoffs this year.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 7th, 2010, 11:20 AM

That's exactly how I voted.

Dane96
November 7th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Gotta be W&M at 1 and UD at 2.

That said, I really believe it is 1 and 1a. I think this would be an insane rematch....

Maroon&White
November 7th, 2010, 11:28 AM
I'm ranking Umass in the 15 to 20 range they stand a good chance to lose in the next to weeks.xnutsx

So does ASU. Guess they should be in the 15 to 20 range with UMass.

theasushow
November 7th, 2010, 11:37 AM

wait a minute here...Wofford and Villanova and Delaware all have good chances of losing the next 2 weeks as well... therefore:

15.delaware
16.wofford
17.asu
18.villanova
19.umass

Nebuta
November 7th, 2010, 11:41 AM
wait a minute here...Wofford and Villanova and Delaware all have good chances of losing the next 2 weeks as well... therefore:

15.delaware
16.wofford
17.asu
18.villanova
19.umass

UD plays Nova and Umass last 2 weeks.
Someone has to win.

theasushow
November 7th, 2010, 12:05 PM
UD plays Nova and Umass last 2 weeks.
Someone has to win.

all true, but i think the reason for the 16-20 ranking is because there is the POTENTIAL for 2 losses for each of those teams.

GreatAppSt
November 7th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Swing and a miss on the sarcasm to Umassfan's post I responded to, huh? Too not let your question to go unanswerd, not quite, at this point ASU unlike Umass has only a single loss.xthumbsupx

smallcollegefbfan
November 7th, 2010, 12:46 PM

That is what I expect the TSN top 5 to be this week. Now, depending on how handily the game is won in the ASU/Wofford contest you might be able to make a case for that winner jumping EWU for number three the following week.

wmmii
November 7th, 2010, 01:02 PM
No doubt that W&M earned the #1 vote this week. Not only have they beaten previous #1, #2 and #8 over the last 5 weeks , they led a very good UNC team most of the game and played them to the wire only losing after a 67 yard TD run with under 6 minutes to play. They stopping a very hot UNH team away cold twice in the 4th quarter deep in W&M territory for no points. Last year their defense carried them to the semifinals and it looks even better now. In the last 3 games against RANKED CAA teams the run defense has done the following:

UNH 31 attempts to net 39 yards
Deleware 32 attempts to net 47 yards
Villanova 27 attempts to net 62 yards

Even without our top three quarterbacks the D should carrry us to the playoffs and a bye week until 12/4 to get our quatebacks healthy!

Tribe07
November 7th, 2010, 01:05 PM

That said, I really believe it is 1 and 1a. I think this would be an insane rematch....

I agree. I just hope any potential UD-W&M rematch is either in Williamsburg or Frisco.

Appattk
November 7th, 2010, 01:27 PM
I agree. I just hope any potential UD-W&M rematch is either in Williamsburg or Frisco.

Just think... you will proabably also have App on your playoff schedule due to "geographic" lineups..... *sigh*

umassfan
November 7th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Swing and a miss on the sarcasm to Umassfan's post I responded to, huh? Too not let your question to go unanswerd, not quite, at this point ASU unlike Umass has only a single loss.xthumbsupx

Me stating that they have a chance to lose out has nothing to do with me saying they would be ranked 5th. Them being ranked 5th had to do with their loss to GSU. Dont act like an idiot. If you lose out you will be in the 10-15 range. Seems like everyone is agreeing with my ranking of the top 5. Guess I dont know what im saying huh?

blazrdog#1
November 7th, 2010, 01:49 PM
a new one for W&M and Villanogo!The very idea that W&M or Villanogo should be #1 & #2 respectively IS asinine,ludicrous and jacked up.We should shut down the FCS if the championship cross country school and the vaunted b-ball school are considered to be representative of REAL college football(who have they played?xchinscratchx).No facts just MY opinion having grown up in a city/state(Birmingham,Alabama) where REAL football IS a year round sport!!!!!!!!!xnodxxnodxxnodx

GreatAppSt
November 7th, 2010, 02:04 PM
Tribe should be #1 for exactly your reasons above. .
Agreed.

BTW Welcome to the AGS Board Community.xbowx

soccerguy315
November 7th, 2010, 02:24 PM
a new one for W&M and Villanogo!The very idea that W&M or Villanogo should be #1 & #2 respectively IS asinine,ludicrous and jacked up.We should shut down the FCS if the championship cross country school and the vaunted b-ball school are considered to be representative of REAL college football(who have they played?xchinscratchx).No facts just MY opinion having grown up in a city/state(Birmingham,Alabama) where REAL football IS a year round sport!!!!!!!!!xnodxxnodxxnodx

are you just trolling? First, I don't think anyone has said Villanova should be #2. Second, are you saying that W&M doesn't deserve a high ranking because they play in Virginia? How do you define "real college football"? W&M has beat 3 top 10 teams, and played North Carolina very close, leading halfway through the 4th quarter. Not sure why the W&M cross country team is related at all to the football team. Perhaps you could expand on your reasoning?

TwoFeathers
November 7th, 2010, 03:33 PM

Do you not remember the finals from just last year? If App State played in the CAA, they would be middle of the pack. Sorry blazrdog#1.

TwoFeathers
November 7th, 2010, 03:38 PM

... and the Tribe has Callihan or Paulus and Gottlieb back by then.

TwoFeathers
November 7th, 2010, 03:43 PM
this is pretty sound logic in my opinion.

the crazy thing is that some lower (worse) ranked teams could beat some ahead of them, just depending on the style they play. wofford, for example, is going to cause a problem for SOMEONE in the playoffs. maybe UD won't match up with them, but say... Montana State would be able to. just throwing out examples. there should be a fair amount of upsets in the playoffs this year.

You are exactly right. And if Villanova is healthy (ie. Szczur is back), they can beat anybody. That dude can change the whole complexion of a game. It's gonna be fun.

blukeys
November 7th, 2010, 03:48 PM

So maybe you need to go to an Alabama or FBS message board because you have already displayed a level of ignorance that suggests you have not followed what happens in FCS. You certainly have not even paid an ounce of attention to what happenned this weekend in FCS.

By the way speaking of this weekend, sorry to see your Tide guys got whupped up on by LSU.

TwoFeathers
November 7th, 2010, 03:49 PM

Delaware's last 2 (@UMASS, Villanova) are tougher than W&M's (@JMU, Richmond). I'm betting Delaware loses one more, while the Tribe should win both remaining. That Delaware/Villanova game is going to be tough.

Mr. C
November 7th, 2010, 04:12 PM
There has been some of the goofiest logic on this thread that I've seen on AGS in a long time, including the appearance/reappearance of some of this board's worst trolls.

How can you justify putting a team like Delaware ahead of William & Mary, when the Tribe won head-to-head? It doesn't matter if the Tribe won by one, or 50, or if the Blue Hens missed a field goal at the end, or whatever. If William & Mary wins its last two games and Delaware wins its last two, the Tribe will get the CAA auto bid.

We've got another poster projecting his rankings based on what games a team is going to lose in the next two weeks. I wonder if he is going to put some money down in Vegas, based on that information.

Another guy thinks App State would be a middle of the pack team in the CAA, based on last year. I guess he forgot that ASU ousted the No. 2 team in the CAA in last year's playoffs (Richmond), a team that lost the CAA title by one point on a missed field goal at the end of the game (are we seeing a theme here, CAA fans?).

I probably will vote Wofford No. 1 this week, even though it will be pretty unlikely the Terriers survive their game on Saturday at Kidd Brewer Stadium (a place where Wofford has won just once over the years and hasn't been that competitive in most years). I wouldn't want to play Appalachian State at their place, coming off a loss with a auto bid and a league title on the line. By our one friend's logic, I should vote Wofford further down, because they might lose on Saturday.

The fact is that everyone other than Bethune-Cookman (anyone going to vote the Wildcats No. 1?) has a loss or two right now. The playoffs are going to be wide-open and the only reason that rankings mean anything right now is because they may influence who gets those top-two and top-four seeds. Good luck to the committee in trying to figure out who belongs No. 1 and 2, 3 and 4 and who gets those eight first-round byes (whether the committee admits it, or not, they are actually seeding eight teams this year).

One thing we do know, the AGS poll will be as close to on the mark as anyone's poll will be and the Coaches and TSN polls will be as screwy as they have been all year long.

Maroon&White
November 7th, 2010, 04:27 PM

There was no sarcasm, you were mad about umassfan having ASU at 5 so you said UMass should be in the 15-20 range based on the potential for 2 more losses. Your reasoning was not because UMass has more losses, it was for the possibility of losing two more times. So your logic would put ASU right there with UMass.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 7th, 2010, 04:56 PM
That is what I expect the TSN top 5 to be this week. Now, depending on how handily the game is won in the ASU/Wofford contest you might be able to make a case for that winner jumping EWU for number three the following week.

And depending on how handily EWU beats SUU. xcoffeex

clawman
November 7th, 2010, 05:03 PM
In my mind winning the SUU game is not a foregone conclusion. Depends on how the offence shows, in particular Bo Levi Mitchel. Man I miss an all american QB!!

Mr. C
November 7th, 2010, 05:17 PM
There was no sarcasm, you were mad about umassfan having ASU at 5 so you said UMass should be in the 15-20 range based on the potential for 2 more losses. Your reasoning was not because UMass has more losses, it was for the possibility of losing two more times. So your logic would put ASU right there with UMass.

If you thought GreatAppSt was mad, you totally missed the humor of his post. I got it. Why did the UMass crowd miss it?

soccerguy315
November 7th, 2010, 05:18 PM
There has been some of the goofiest logic on this thread that I've seen on AGS in a long time, including the appearance/reappearance of some of this board's worst trolls.

I probably will vote Wofford No. 1 this week

Did you really criticize other people's logic and then say you are going to vote Wofford #1? really?

smallcollegefbfan
November 7th, 2010, 05:47 PM
And depending on how handily EWU beats SUU. xcoffeex

Honestly I was thinking about that and SUU is nowhere near as good as Wofford or App so I can't give EWU more points for beating SUU than I could give Wofford or App for winning this weekend. I don't want you to take that as me dissing EWU because I'm not. If EWU was playing MSU or Montana those games would be more comparable and could give EWU more credit in the poll than by beating SUU.

heath
November 7th, 2010, 05:48 PM

Looks good,but.......... W&M-JMU,the Dukes might be the spoiler this week.

smallcollegefbfan
November 7th, 2010, 05:50 PM

How can you justify putting a team like Delaware ahead of William & Mary, when the Tribe won head-to-head? It doesn't matter if the Tribe won by one, or 50, or if the Blue Hens missed a field goal at the end, or whatever. If William & Mary wins its last two games and Delaware wins its last two, the Tribe will get the CAA auto bid.

We've got another poster projecting his rankings based on what games a team is going to lose in the next two weeks. I wonder if he is going to put some money down in Vegas, based on that information.

Another guy thinks App State would be a middle of the pack team in the CAA, based on last year. I guess he forgot that ASU ousted the No. 2 team in the CAA in last year's playoffs (Richmond), a team that lost the CAA title by one point on a missed field goal at the end of the game (are we seeing a theme here, CAA fans?).

I probably will vote Wofford No. 1 this week, even though it will be pretty unlikely the Terriers survive their game on Saturday at Kidd Brewer Stadium (a place where Wofford has won just once over the years and hasn't been that competitive in most years). I wouldn't want to play Appalachian State at their place, coming off a loss with a auto bid and a league title on the line. By our one friend's logic, I should vote Wofford further down, because they might lose on Saturday.

The fact is that everyone other than Bethune-Cookman (anyone going to vote the Wildcats No. 1?) has a loss or two right now. The playoffs are going to be wide-open and the only reason that rankings mean anything right now is because they may influence who gets those top-two and top-four seeds. Good luck to the committee in trying to figure out who belongs No. 1 and 2, 3 and 4 and who gets those eight first-round byes (whether the committee admits it, or not, they are actually seeding eight teams this year).

One thing we do know, the AGS poll will be as close to on the mark as anyone's poll will be and the Coaches and TSN polls will be as screwy as they have been all year long.

Great post!

One thing I would add is that folks need to chill with worrying about a team's record so much. I think there are folks here who would drop a team out of the top 25 if they were 6-5 with 2 FBS losses, 3 top 10 FCS losses, and 6 FCS wins, including 3 wins against ranked teams just because they were 6-5. Some believe a 6-5 CAA, SoCon, MVFC, Big Sky, etc. team should not be ranked ahead of a NEC or Pioneer League or even Patriot League team that is 9-2. You have to look at who teams play and rank them based on what we know for sure at this point and not rank teams based on projections.

heath
November 7th, 2010, 05:55 PM
a new one for W&M and Villanogo!The very idea that W&M or Villanogo should be #1 & #2 respectively IS asinine,ludicrous and jacked up.We should shut down the FCS if the championship cross country school and the vaunted b-ball school are considered to be representative of REAL college football(who have they played?xchinscratchx).No facts just MY opinion having grown up in a city/state(Birmingham,Alabama) where REAL football IS a year round sport!!!!!!!!!xnodxxnodxxnodxxsmhxSorry Dog,thought you were joking,but now realize you might just be tired of hearing about the CAA.If healthy these 2 could be playing in TX.xnodx

semoredhawk
November 7th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Ray Ratto voted Delaware #25 in his AP ballot, so I'm guessing...

GreatAppSt
November 7th, 2010, 06:14 PM

I have App #5 on my own ballot so why would I be mad?xeyebrowx I was using umassfans logic for the sarcastic comment even put a xnutsx next to it so posters would pick up on it, please rexreadx.

I bolded part of the quote above that has now taken this exchange of ideas well away from the sarcastic deep into the realm of irony.xoopsx xwhistlex

TwoFeathers
November 7th, 2010, 06:24 PM
Did you really criticize other people's logic and then say you are going to vote Wofford #1? really?

..Yes he did...

TwoFeathers
November 7th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Looks good,but.......... W&M-JMU,the Dukes might be the spoiler this week.

Yes, HUGE rivalry between JMU and W&M. I recall the 2004 semi-finals at Zable Stadium where JMU came in and knocked off the Tribe. Records don't mean a thing between these two teams.

Fear the Bird
November 7th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Yes, HUGE rivalry between JMU and W&M. I recall the 2004 semi-finals at Zable Stadium where JMU came in and knocked off the Tribe. Records don't mean a thing between these two teams.

And then when on to win what should have been Delaware's second straight championship, sigh

Tribe07
November 7th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Wasn't that an epic game? That 2004 quarterfinal where W&M beat UD in 2OT? To this day the most incredible football game I have attended.

Fear the Bird
November 7th, 2010, 08:05 PM
Yes definitely epic - I was there in person as well

lknspider
November 7th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Delaware should be #1. I 've seen all of Richmond's games and from that perspective...Delaware was by far the strongest opponent. Villanova and W&M are good teams but have serious injury situations. ASU .....as I said in another post has been over rated all year. They do not have a high value win. (UTC and Elon are their best wins and neither will be ranked on Monday). ASU has not defeated a team that will be in the top 25 tomorrow. The polls may change dramatically in the next two weeks ....almost every team except Delaware appears a little vulnerable because of either their schedule.... injuries....or both.

soccerguy315
November 7th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Delaware should be #1. I 've seen all of Richmond's games and from that perspective...Delaware was by far the strongest opponent. Villanova and W&M are good teams but have serious injury situations. ASU *** I said in another post has been over rated all year. They do not have one high value win. (UTC and Elon are their best wins and neither will be ranked). When the polls come out Monday there will not be one team among them that ASU has defeated. The polls may change dramatically in the nest two weeks ....almost every team except Delaware can have their season spoiled with two games remaining.

if Delaware loses their next 2 games they will not be seeded... if W&M gets Callahan or Paulus back, would you change your poll to W&M #1, UD #2?

LeadBolt
November 7th, 2010, 08:21 PM
Delaware should be #1. I 've seen all of Richmond's games and from that perspective...Delaware was by far the strongest opponent. Villanova and W&M are good teams but have serious injury situations. ASU .....as I said in another post has been over rated all year. They do not have a high value win. (UTC and Elon are their best wins and neither will be ranked on Monday). ASU has not defeated a team that will be in the top 25 tomorrow. The polls may change dramatically in the next two weeks ....almost every team except Delaware appears a little vulnerable because of either their schedule.... injuries....or both.

W&M beat UD. The fact that W&M beat UNH with all the serious injuries, 4th string QB and didn't throw a pass in the second half strengthens their case, not weakens it!

TwoFeathers
November 7th, 2010, 08:22 PM

Perhaps you should withhold judgement until Nov 20... When the Spiders travel to W&M ;)

PS, I wouldn't count out Villanova to take down Delaware in 2 weeks. They are both very good.

wmmii
November 7th, 2010, 08:42 PM
LeadBolt is on the mark bout the Tribe being #1...got to give them credit for UNH win

HensRock
November 7th, 2010, 08:53 PM

...and we have another poster putting Wofford at #1 just to make his team look better when they hopefully beat them next week. Nice try, but pretty transparent.

The Tribe has my vote.

NovaHater
November 7th, 2010, 08:55 PM

You want to call other people GOOFY and then you make this statement xlolx xlolx

Yeah, your logic makes so much sense. Please list the number of Top 20 teams Wofford has beaten compared to W&M to help backup your reasoning for voting them #1 over W&M.
Please fill in the list
1. ???
2. ???
3. ???

Otherwise you come off looking the same as the people you are criticising xsmhx

lknspider
November 7th, 2010, 09:42 PM
Perhaps you should withhold judgement until Nov 20... When the Spiders travel to W&M ;)

PS, I wouldn't count out Villanova to take down Delaware in 2 weeks. They are both very good.

W&M will clearly be favored over the Spiders. Richmond's offense was vastly improved last weekend against JMU with their #2 QB returning. Both Villanova and New Hampshire defeated the Spiders who were using their 3rd QB (a punter) and #4QB (true frosh), but neither put Richmond away until late in both games.

Side note....JMU is dangerous in spite of all their losses.

umassfan
November 8th, 2010, 06:29 AM
I have App #5 on my own ballot so why would I be mad?xeyebrowx I was using umassfans logic for the sarcastic comment even put a xnutsx next to it so posters would pick up on it, please rexreadx.

I bolded part of the quote above that has now taken this exchange of ideas well away from the sarcastic deep into the realm of irony.xoopsx xwhistlex

I think you put that face because you were drunk. Your logic is no where to be found. My top 5 was based off how teams have played thus far but I added comments after. My comments after had nothing to do with how I ordered the top 5. Please tell me why you needed to point out my comment and add any kind of sarcastic addition??

umassfan
November 8th, 2010, 06:33 AM

My top 5 as I saidf many times here had nothing to do with what (I put in here) I added comments to what I felt. You are the classic troll on this site that no one cares for. You couldnt keep your job with the sports network because no one liked or cared for your opinion. Next time learn how to read before you open your mouth!!!

umassfan
November 8th, 2010, 06:36 AM
If you thought GreatAppSt was mad, you totally missed the humor of his post. I got it. Why did the UMass crowd miss it?

I guess your just so smart then!

UncleSam
November 8th, 2010, 06:52 AM

ASU needs to drop 4 or 5 spots, as they have exactly ZERO impressive wins. Tell me what good team ASU has whipped??? Their tops wins are, UTC (5-4), Furman (5-4), Samford (4-5), Elon (4-5), hardly murders row. If ASU doesn't beat Wofford or Florida they will have finished the regular season with not a single impressive win. The only way ASU is ranked in the top 4 today will by reputation, not performance.

HensRock
November 8th, 2010, 07:00 AM
I probably will vote Wofford No. 1 this week, even though it will be pretty unlikely the Terriers survive their game on Saturday at Kidd Brewer Stadium (a place where Wofford has won just once over the years and hasn't been that competitive in most years).

If you think ASU is probably going to beat Wofford this weekend, then you obviously think ASU is better than Wofford. So why would would you vote Wofford #1?

It's the old "Strawman" play. Prop up Wofford as the #1 so it looks even better when ASU beats them on Saturday, then ASU can be #1 again and all will be right with the world. That's really low. We don't have flawed logic; We have different OPINIONS. And even if our logic IS flawed, at least we're not subversive!

If you think ASU is #1, then vote them #1. Vote them 2-25 too while your at it.

Rekdiver
November 8th, 2010, 07:53 AM
1) W&M
2) Delaware
3) App. St.
4) Wofford
5) EWU
6) Villanova
7) Jacks. St.

CrackerRiley
November 8th, 2010, 08:16 AM
I guess your just so smart then!
Chill, dude. The others just noticed, as did I, in your first two posts you seemed to want to rank ASU by speculation. That's all.

ASU needs to drop 4 or 5 spots, as they have exactly ZERO impressive wins. Tell me what good team ASU has whipped??? Their tops wins are, UTC (5-4), Furman (5-4), Samford (4-5), Elon (4-5), hardly murders row. If ASU doesn't beat Wofford or Florida they will have finished the regular season with not a single impressive win. The only way ASU is ranked in the top 4 today will by reputation, not performance.
Thing is, you play the schedule you're given. No impressive wins? How about not losing those games you are expected to win? That should count for something. Yes, reputation starts ASU up high in the rankings. Then we prove our reputation by beating the teams on our schedule.

Can't win them all. Thank goodness for playoffs, huh?

henfan
November 8th, 2010, 08:20 AM
W&M deserves a unanimous first place slot.

TwoFeathers
November 8th, 2010, 08:32 AM
W&M will clearly be favored over the Spiders. Richmond's offense was vastly improved last weekend against JMU with their #2 QB returning. Both Villanova and New Hampshire defeated the Spiders who were using their 3rd QB (a punter) and #4QB (true frosh), but neither put Richmond away until late in both games.

Side note....JMU is dangerous in spite of all their losses.

Agreed. W&M has it's two toughest rivals the final two weeks (@JMU, Richmond), and anything can happen. They need to continue to play sick Defense while the QB's are getting healthy to win these games.

TwoFeathers
November 8th, 2010, 08:36 AM
W&M deserves a unanimous first place slot.

I agree with that statement, however Delaware, Wofford and even App State will probably still get votes. And what about Bethune-Cookman and Eastern Washington??? May get a vote or two.

Chemhen
November 8th, 2010, 08:47 AM
UD lost by 1 to William and Mary (then #5) at their place and dropped 4 spots. Why shouldn't ASU drop 4 or more for a loss in OT to unranked GSU on the road? As to #1, if I voted W&M would have my vote, because I think they deserve it. That being said, I think that THIS week, Delaware is the better team because of 1) injuries, 2)our bye week, and 3) injuries. But to beat UNH with a 4th stringer deserves a lot of respect, and you shouldn't knock them down because you expect they will lose. And c'mon, its JMU next week for them.

theasushow
November 8th, 2010, 08:56 AM
UD lost by 1 to William and Mary (then #5) at their place and dropped 4 spots. Why shouldn't ASU drop 4 or more for a loss in OT to unranked GSU on the road? As to #1, if I voted W&M would have my vote, because I think they deserve it. That being said, I think that THIS week, Delaware is the better team because of 1) injuries, 2)our bye week, and 3) injuries. But to beat UNH with a 4th stringer deserves a lot of respect, and you shouldn't knock them down because you expect they will lose. And c'mon, its JMU next week for them.

I said it before, ill say it again...ASU was aided by the fact of nova and jsu losing. I had ASU 5th in the ags poll, would have been 7th had those other teams not lost as well. not a fan of jumping teams (ewu) a ton of spots on a bye week.

CAAisBOSS
November 8th, 2010, 09:07 AM
I agree with that statement, however Delaware, Wofford and even App State will probably still get votes. And what about Bethune-Cookman and Eastern Washington??? May get a vote or two.

just my opinion but in EWU's case... i dont think any team that loses 30-7 is top 5 material.

JSU02
November 8th, 2010, 09:15 AM
I know who won't be...