PDA

View Full Version : Chattanooga-Auburn

chattanoogamocs
November 6th, 2010, 09:34 PM
Final score was ugly (as realistically expected)...but I was pleasantly surprised with the Mocs in some areas. They moved the ball and scored points (though Auburn doesn't really have to worry about defense when they score as much as they have been).

Coleman had to being feeling good with no Ints in his 40+ attempts. I think he might have been guilty of "trying a little too hard" against Elon (and that is a compliment to Elon's coverage).

The defense sacked the "$200,000 Man" three times. :)

But the highlight of the day was Mocs first TD....Brian Sutherland returned a kickoff 98+ yards for a TD (his back foot was touching the goal line when he started his run).

That kind of play is special no matter who you are playing...but even more special against the #2 team in the BCS.

As someone joked on Mocfans..."Cam was asking for too little...they paid Chattanooga almost $450,000 to play at Auburn"

Now it's back to trying to scratch their way back into the playoff picture...the road starts with Senior Day versus Samford.

GaSouthern
November 6th, 2010, 09:46 PM
I heard a few fans at the GSU vs. App win that referenced the chatty game, all of them were impressed by Chatt's offense, not how many points their D gave up.

I'm not a fan of moral victories but great job guys!

BlueHenSinfonian
November 6th, 2010, 09:54 PM
Jordan Hare is one of the toughest places for a visiting team to play in all of football - counting every arena from HS up through the NFL. The Mocs didn't embarrass themselves, which is about all that could be expected from the game. Auburn is a team of destiny this year - I'm sure they want to knock the Tide out of the defending champs position as much as they want to be the defending champs themselves next year.

chattanoogamocs
November 6th, 2010, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the kind words, y'all. Even though they gave up 62 (Auburn pretty much scored at will)...it was a lot more "fun" to watch this than 45-0 vs Alabama last year (not sure fun is the right word..maybe entertaining is a better word)

Pass D (especially against strong armed QBs) has been the Mocs biggest issue.

Mocs seem to line up better against run oriented teams, or teams that rely on short pass routes.

seantaylor
November 7th, 2010, 12:51 AM
Auburn does have maybe the worst defense I've ever seen, though. If their offense didn't score so much, they would give up even more points a game.

chattanoogamocs
November 7th, 2010, 08:44 AM
Auburn does have maybe the worst defense I've ever seen, though. If their offense didn't score so much, they would give up even more points a game.

Although their offense, in some ways, contibutes to other teams scoring so much...mainly because they can score so quickly (using so little time). Honestly, they could have scored 80-90 on the Mocs if they wanted to really run it up.

It will be interesting to see if they and Oregon end up in the title game...two, large ordinance, highly explosive offenses.