PDA

View Full Version : UCA Continues Ironing Out Schedule

TexasTerror
February 12th, 2006, 07:35 PM
"UCA officials are currently in negotiation to possibly play Liberty University or Missouri-Rolla at home and/or Southern University on the road in Baton Rouge to fill out the schedule."

I think Southern is out due to the whole Nicholls St for Bethune Cookman trade off and because Southern is set to play Virginia State University.

UCA's tentative schedule
August 31st Henderson St (Capital City Classic - Little Rock)
September 9th @ Illinois State
September 16th vs Missouri State
Sept 23rd @ Stephen F Austin
September 30th vs South Dakota
October 7th @ South Dakota State
Oct 14th @ Cal-Davis
October 21st @ Sam Houston State (? - still not confirmed)
Oct 28th OPEN
November 4th Southern Arkansas (HC)
November 11th OPEN
November 18th @ Georgia Southern

BEAR
February 12th, 2006, 08:15 PM
Wow! So many fans of schools on this level have been so helpful and informative for UCA and its' fans! Can't wait to face you guys on the field and visit your home stadiums! Hope the food is better than what we got! :bang:

When the games begin this fall, I will be requesting info like places to stay, food to eat, people to meet etc..this is going to be great! C'mon football season! :hyped: :beerchug:

TexasTerror
February 12th, 2006, 08:19 PM
I'm pumped about UCA!

I wanna make the trip up to Conway one of these times. You guys gotta fill me up though! What's on the tailgate menu?

Bear Fan 101
February 12th, 2006, 08:21 PM
one of these days TT might actually let some of us from UCA fans post our own information... :rolleyes:

On a serious note, why can't Southern schedule UCA if it could be worked out between the two? The schedule on UCAFans.com and at their official website 2006 Southern schedule (http://gojagsports.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/012006aaa.html) had them scheduled for only 11 games. Can they not schedule 1 more OOC game to make it up to 12 games if the two sides were to work something out?

2006 UCA Football Schedule (almost there, obviously NOT official)

August 31st HENDERSON STATE(Little Rock)
September 9th @ Illinois State
September 16th MISSOURI STATE
September 23 @ Stephen F. Austin
September 30 UNIV. SOUTH DAKOTA
October 7th @ South Dakota State
October 14th @ UC Davis
[October 21st @ Sam Houston St.
October 28 - OPEN/TBA
November 4th SOUTHERN ARKANSAS(Homecoming)
November 11th OPEN/TBA
November 18th @ Georgia Southern

Bear Fan 101
February 12th, 2006, 08:22 PM
I'm pumped about UCA!

I wanna make the trip up to Conway one of these times. You guys gotta fill me up though! What's on the tailgate menu?

as of last year...BEER! :beerchug:

TexasTerror
February 12th, 2006, 08:27 PM
one of these days TT might actually let some of us from UCA fans post our own information... :rolleyes:

Hey now, just doing my responsibility as the "I-AA.org SLC Helper" that Ralph has asked me to do. Sharing information from SLC member school sites and their fan message boards to Ralph, I-AA.org and AGS.

On a serious note, why can't Southern schedule UCA if it could be worked out between the two? The schedule on UCAFans.com and at their official website 2006 Southern schedule (http://gojagsports.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/012006aaa.html) had them scheduled for only 11 games. Can they not schedule 1 more OOC game to make it up to 12 games if the two sides were to work something out?

I-AA has an 11 game limit (for now). May expand to 12, but we'll see how the dice fall. SWAC teams only have two out of conference games and word has it on the SWAC Pages that SU is playing Bethune Cookman. SWAC folks like doing differently than their I-AA scholarship bretheren (no playoffs), but the nine-game SWAC mandate and 11 game schedule is out of even their hands of avoiding (for now)...

Bear Fan 101
February 12th, 2006, 08:29 PM
got it! :D

February 12th, 2006, 09:27 PM
"UCA officials are currently in negotiation to possibly play Liberty University or Missouri-Rolla at home and/or Southern University on the road in Baton Rouge to fill out the schedule."...Don't forget the link if you have one!! :nod:

Bear Fan 101
February 12th, 2006, 09:35 PM
I am SHOCKED he didn't have that link already :smiley_wi ...that's what he gets for just copying and pasting things from UCAFANS.COM without getting THIS LINK from the 2-12-2006 edition of the Log Cabin Democart (http://www.thecabin.net/stories/021206/spo_0212060033.shtml)

blackfordpu
February 12th, 2006, 09:47 PM
Is that game on Oct 21 official now?

Bear Fan 101
February 12th, 2006, 09:52 PM
our side is reporting it is...but I'd rather here it from you guys' side to be honest.

TexasTerror
February 13th, 2006, 07:35 AM
I am SHOCKED he didn't have that link already :smiley_wi ...that's what he gets for just copying and pasting things from UCAFANS.COM without getting THIS LINK from the 2-12-2006 edition of the Log Cabin Democart (http://www.thecabin.net/stories/021206/spo_0212060033.shtml)

Put the link up on KatFans.com when I put up the new, updated schedule from our "SLC 2006 Schedules" page...

Game is not official from our end and we'll see what happens. If the contracts are signed, I'd expect an announcement soon (or atleast a posting on our web site). The question is, do the Kats switch their plans and go to Conway in 2007 instead of the other way around like previously announced?

UCABEARS75
February 13th, 2006, 09:11 AM
You may not come to Conway ever. We are thinking of converting the stadium to a much needed parking lot and just playing all road games. LOL

89rabbit
February 13th, 2006, 09:49 AM
Wow! So many fans of schools on this level have been so helpful and informative for UCA and its' fans! Can't wait to face you guys on the field and visit your home stadiums! Hope the food is better than what we got! :bang:

When the games begin this fall, I will be requesting info like places to stay, food to eat, people to meet etc..this is going to be great! C'mon football season! :hyped: :beerchug:

You let me know when you are ready, I will give you all the info you want and then some. Just ask our Eagle friends from Georgia Southern. :smiley_wi Looking forward to having you come up to Brookings.

bearly legal
February 13th, 2006, 03:45 PM
About as official as anything has been in this process... not very. It changes dail. xazzx

da_bears
February 13th, 2006, 10:24 PM
"UCA officials are currently in negotiation to possibly play Liberty University or Missouri-Rolla at home and/or Southern University on the road in Baton Rouge to fill out the schedule."

Bring em on, UMR beat 2 I-AA teams last year and that would be cool to play a common opponent of my fav I-AA team, Missouri state.

TexasTerror
February 14th, 2006, 09:00 AM
Bring em on, UMR beat 2 I-AA teams last year and that would be cool to play a common opponent of my fav I-AA team, Missouri state.

UMR beat non-scholarship I-AAs...and lost to scholarship I-AA South Dakota St...

Are they looking at a move to I-AA? I was surprised at all those I-AAs on their schedule...

NDSU_grad
February 14th, 2006, 11:17 AM
UMR beat non-scholarship I-AAs...and lost to scholarship I-AA South Dakota St...

Are they looking at a move to I-AA? I was surprised at all those I-AAs on their schedule...
Just make sure you don't schedule UM-R to an engineering contest. ;)