PDA

View Full Version : I miss football!

AppStateFootball
February 12th, 2006, 06:11 PM
I really miss ASU Football it made me have something to do on the weekends!
Now, It is so durn boring! I can't wait till fan fest at ASU! It's going to be so much fun!

Mountain Panther
February 12th, 2006, 06:18 PM
I agree...it's especially brutal now that the NFL is over....NO football, unless your follow Arena. It's a good thing stuff like this is on TV right now.....
http://www.nbcolympics.com/2005/1101/5058178_400X300.jpg

grizband
February 13th, 2006, 10:43 AM
My giflfriend and I were on a walk last night, when we passed Washington Grizzly stadium. I told her that I missed football, and couldn't wait to for next season. She laughed at me, and said "are you serious? Its February!" She just doesn't understand...

UNHWildCats
February 13th, 2006, 11:23 AM
I really miss ASU Football it made me have something to do on the weekends!
Now, It is so durn boring! I can't wait till fan fest at ASU! It's going to be so much fun!

Lets form a AGS Members winter football league, lol

Pards Rule
February 13th, 2006, 02:29 PM
UNH, love the idea...GO PARDS!!

LBPop
February 13th, 2006, 02:33 PM
I start missing football each Monday during the season! This time of year really sucks. I cannot wait for Spring ball...cannot wait! :(

MYTAPPY
February 13th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Accroding to 1-AA.org, only 198 Days, and a little over 19 hours till the start of next season.
That is toooooo long.

Pards Rule
February 13th, 2006, 02:47 PM
UNHWildcats, I see where the Verizon dude finally wired you up ;)

grizband
February 13th, 2006, 02:50 PM
I start missing football each Monday during the season! This time of year really sucks. I cannot wait for Spring ball...cannot wait! :(
I am the same way. I get really excited during recruiting, but this quickly turns into anxiety that I won't see any of these kids on the field for at least 7 months, if not a couple of years.

UNHWildCats
February 13th, 2006, 03:18 PM
UNHWildcats, I see where the Verizon dude finally wired you up ;)

actually i waited 6 weeks then verizon finally called and said "umm we dont have dsl in ur new area" so i called Cablevision

dumb idiots im so fed up with Verizon

walliver
February 13th, 2006, 03:31 PM
I start missing football each Monday during the season!

I start missing real football every Sunday during the season. It's hard to get excited about the NFL, especially with all the long commercial breaks.

GrizFamily
February 13th, 2006, 03:53 PM
My giflfriend and I were on a walk last night, when we passed Washington Grizzly stadium. I told her that I missed football, and couldn't wait to for next season. She laughed at me, and said "are you serious? Its February!" She just doesn't understand...

Ok, you have really question if this girl is "the one" if she doesn't even get the basics of being a Griz football fan :D

Secondly at least you can walk past WAGRIZ!!! The closest I can get is e-griz and that's a very poor substitute.

grizband
February 13th, 2006, 04:15 PM
Ok, you have really question if this girl is "the one" if she doesn't even get the basics of being a Griz football fan :D

Secondly at least you can walk past WAGRIZ!!! The closest I can get is e-griz and that's a very poor substitute.
My girl is very understand of my needs to attend all of the home football games, and puts up with me all year during football season (she even lets me watch all the bowl week games with hardly a peep).
Speaking of Wash-Griz, I saw a picture the other day from the 1987 football poster of the stadium without the north or south endzone seats. Man, have we come along way. You really should try to make it to a game, GrizFamily, especially if you haven't been in a while.

Pards Rule
February 15th, 2006, 02:50 PM
actually i waited 6 weeks then verizon finally called and said "umm we dont have dsl in ur new area" so i called Cablevision

dumb idiots im so fed up with Verizon

I assume they have Logo channel

Go...gate
February 15th, 2006, 03:25 PM
I miss FB, but I am excited about MLB starting.

LBPop
February 15th, 2006, 03:52 PM
My girl is very understand of my needs to attend all of the home football games

My girl, who also happens to be my wife and mother of LBKid, has done a total 180 on football...at least when it comes to her "baby". When he was nine, all she did was close her eyes until the play was over and then make sure everyone was able to get up. Now we're down to the Kid's last two seasons and we're already booking flights and hotels. She actually gets teary eyed when she thinks about how few games are left.

LBMom still needs me to explain why downing a punt inside the five is a good thing...especially if her son downed it. But she loves seeing her "little guy" in those great big pads, with that dirty face and eye black all smeared after the game. When his name is announced after a play, she lights up. She will never understand why I can watch and enjoy a game when our son is not playing, but she has come a long way. Count LBMom among those who are really missing football...at least I-AA football.

grizband
February 15th, 2006, 04:18 PM
My girl, who also happens to be my wife and mother of LBKid, has done a total 180 on football...at least when it comes to her "baby". When he was nine, all she did was close her eyes until the play was over and then make sure everyone was able to get up. Now we're down to the Kid's last two seasons and we're already booking flights and hotels. She actually gets teary eyed when she thinks about how few games are left.

LBMom still needs me to explain why downing a punt inside the five is a good thing...especially if her son downed it. But she loves seeing her "little guy" in those great big pads, with that dirty face and eye black all smeared after the game. When his name is announced after a play, she lights up. She will never understand why I can watch and enjoy a game when our son is not playing, but she has come a long way. Count LBMom among those who are really missing football...at least I-AA football.
I hope that when I have kids (im only 23), my wife is that understand if they play football.

GrizFamily
February 15th, 2006, 04:38 PM
My girl is very understand of my needs to attend all of the home football games, and puts up with me all year during football season (she even lets me watch all the bowl week games with hardly a peep).
Speaking of Wash-Griz, I saw a picture the other day from the 1987 football poster of the stadium without the north or south endzone seats. Man, have we come along way. You really should try to make it to a game, GrizFamily, especially if you haven't been in a while.

Ok, now put yourself in my shoes. When the stadium was new I was a Junior (I think, those college memories are a little fuzzy). It may seem now like it was much smaller and quieter, but having spent the two previous seasons attending games at Dornblazer, WAGRIZ seemed like the superdome to us. And I do get back to WAGRIZ at least once a year and enjoy the heck out of it, but it sure would be nice to just be able to pick and go for a walk around it anytime I like. You see what I mean now?

GrizFamily
February 15th, 2006, 04:41 PM

Great post LBPop. My oldest son is now 9 and my wife and I had the discussion about him playing football. She of course said no, and I said yes. So far I'm holding firm. I hope in the end she will become as comfortable with his playing as LBMom has. Great story.

wkukid
February 15th, 2006, 05:26 PM
It's great to go to a school that has a great basketball program like we do at Western. We're getting votes to be in the top 25 and are favorites to win the sun belt and make the big dance!

But once thats over....well then I'll be bored.

grizband
February 15th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Ok, now put yourself in my shoes. When the stadium was new I was a Junior (I think, those college memories are a little fuzzy). It may seem now like it was much smaller and quieter, but having spent the two previous seasons attending games at Dornblazer, WAGRIZ seemed like the superdome to us. And I do get back to WAGRIZ at least once a year and enjoy the heck out of it, but it sure would be nice to just be able to pick and go for a walk around it anytime I like. You see what I mean now?
I do see what you mean. My parents went to the U in the 70s, and attended all their games at dornblaser (although Im not sure how many games they attended, basketball was the sport of choice back then). Its great to see what we have now, and anticipate where we are heading.

blukeys
February 15th, 2006, 06:01 PM
I hope that when I have kids (im only 23), my wife is that understand if they play football.

Trust an old Dad on this. If your son plays football your wife will learn the game. It's genetic. :nod: :nod: :nod:

GrizFamily
February 15th, 2006, 07:13 PM
I do see what you mean. My parents went to the U in the 70s, and attended all their games at dornblaser (although Im not sure how many games they attended, basketball was the sport of choice back then). Its great to see what we have now, and anticipate where we are heading.

That is true too. I was friends with Krysko in Shelby, and basketball was king when I started school, but the Griz football dynsasty was well underway by the time I graduated. Good times. I actually sat on the grassin both the North and South end zones and watched a game. I would go back to those times in a heart beat.

Enjoy your time at the U. It was a great time for me. I think I did just about everything imaginable while I was in Missoula.

GrizFamily
February 15th, 2006, 07:15 PM
Trust an old Dad on this. If your son plays football your wife will learn the game. It's genetic. :nod: :nod: :nod:That gives me hope. Can't wait to watch my boy play some ball. It's like my old highschool coach used to say to me. He'd say, "Kelly, for such a small guy you sure are slow!" ;-) :lmao: