PDA

View Full Version : The CSN Way: America's Top 20

Lehigh Football Nation
November 5th, 2010, 02:02 PM
http://www.collegesportingnews.com/content.php?304-America-s-Top-20

It's that time of year again. The time where I use a magical, secret formula to prognosticate which teams may be playoff-bound the weekend after Thanksgiving... and the teams who will be looking ahead to 2011. You might know it as ten conferences, ten autobids and the scrum for the at-large bids - but there's no denying it's here. The playoffs are almost here, and it's time to see who's probably in, and who's probably out.

Playoff prognostications, picks for the weekend... and a pick for an undefeated to go down this weekend. Which one? xlolx

danefan
November 5th, 2010, 02:13 PM
http://www.collegesportingnews.com/content.php?304-America-s-Top-20

Playoff prognostications, picks for the weekend... and a pick for an undefeated to go down this weekend. Which one? xlolx

If the season plays out for the wins and loses that you indicate I think your bracket is pretty good.

The only thing I'd probably see different is matching up Lehigh @ UMass and RMU @ Liberty in the first round. That will add another bus trip (RMU to Liberty is a bus trip - 392 miles).

Apps03
November 5th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Don't quite understand. In the Southern Conference breakdown, we have App winning the autobid. In the bracket breakdown we have App getting the #1 seed. At the bottom we have GSU winning by 1pt. If GSU beats App (and it very well could happen), I do not see App getting the #1 seed. I was good with the whole thing until I got to the very last sentence.

RichH2
November 5th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Nice scenario. Did not quite understand SoCon situation with App St. . Of course, I found your logic impeccable in analyzing the Patriotxnodx. Now let us proceed to actually accomplish that title. It will not be a cakewalk.xprayx

putter
November 5th, 2010, 05:28 PM
so he thinks that Weber State will beat MSU, have beaten Montana and get left out of the playoffs? Wow

UNI Pike
November 5th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Hen Bracket
Lehigh @ Liberty, to play No. 3 Delaware
New Hampshire at Northern Iowa

Same bracket, different year

RabidRabbit
November 5th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Surprised LFN didn't pick the 5th seed, since with the expansion to 20, there will be a 5th seed.

jmufan999
November 6th, 2010, 12:31 PM
FIVE SEEDS, not four.