PDA

View Full Version : App. State @ Georgia Southern thread

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 2nd, 2010, 08:22 AM
I'm still very much looking forward to this one even though GSU isn't looking so hot right now. Hopefully Jaybo Shaw will be at 100% and some of GSU's OL who are injured will be back as well.

The key matchup in the game - App. State's OL versus GSU's DL. We have to get good pressure on Presley because Hillary, Quick, et al will absolutely overwhelm our secondary if we don't. We have the speed at the LB position to keep Presley from running wild, but without some pressure from GSU's good DL there's no possible way we can score enough points to win it.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think it's going to be a typical GSU-ASU game. In other words, the better team wins but the score is a terrible indicator of how much better the better team is. Apps 28-24. xbangxxbangx

biggie
November 2nd, 2010, 08:40 AM
What's the word on Shaw? Haven't seen anything.

Cline's health may play a par of our passing game as well.

Eaglesrus
November 2nd, 2010, 08:57 AM
What's the word on Shaw? Haven't seen anything.

Cline's health may play a par of our passing game as well.

Good question regarding Shaw. Last week the Coach said he expected him to start, then he didn't play until 2/3s of the way through the 3rd quarter. Only thing said since is that the coaches thought we had a chance against Samford without him so they tried to give him the additional time to heal up from whatever his problem(s) is/are. Anyway, he did end up playing Saturday and didn't appear to suffer any further injury, so I expect that he'll start this week. Purely speculation on my part, however.

SpeedkingATL
November 2nd, 2010, 09:12 AM
I'm still very much looking forward to this one even though GSU isn't looking so hot right now. Hopefully Jaybo Shaw will be at 100% and some of GSU's OL who are injured will be back as well.

The key matchup in the game - App. State's OL versus GSU's DL. We have to get good pressure on Presley because Hillary, Quick, et al will absolutely overwhelm our secondary if we don't. We have the speed at the LB position to keep Presley from running wild, but without some pressure from GSU's good DL there's no possible way we can score enough points to win it.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think it's going to be a typical GSU-ASU game. In other words, the better team wins but the score is a terrible indicator of how much better the better team is. Apps 28-24. xbangxxbangx

I pretty much agree with your accessment. On our end, I believe our D-line is the best we have had since 05 especially the interior line rotation. We have a lot of speed at linebacker too so we should be able to keep GSU from running wild and controlling the clock. On the other hand our DBs have shown the tendancy to bite on almost every play fake and play action pass, so if Shaw even bring the threat of the deep ball it will loosen things up abit. Our offense and Dre didn't look as sharp against Furman as they have in many games and our running attack by committee, especially between the tackles is questionable at times. I expect this to be like just about every other ASU game in Paulson and be a very close affair. I'll be there supporting the Mountaineers.....

Black Saturday
November 2nd, 2010, 03:08 PM
28-24 GSU, imo if Shaw plays and can play action pass. APP has a weak DBfield. DP didn't look good at QB against Furman and I expect it to continue against good teams like GSU. Presley did great against weak teams, but the schedule is changing and will expose APP as a paper tiger. 100+ yards in bonehead penalties each game will help undo the APPs as well this week. APP goes to 8-1 and look for 9-2 after Wofford.

ASUTodd
November 2nd, 2010, 03:48 PM
28-24 GSU, imo if Shaw plays and can play action pass. APP has a weak DBfield. DP didn't look good at QB against Furman and I expect it to continue against good teams like GSU. Presley did great against weak teams, but the schedule is changing and will expose APP as a paper tiger. 100+ yards in bonehead penalties each game will help undo the APPs as well this week. APP goes to 8-1 and look for 9-2 after Wofford.

REALLY?!?!? I think you are giving GSU too much credit. With or without Jimbo.... It's not gonna be pretty for them... 35-10 App... easily.

Aho_Old_Guy
November 2nd, 2010, 04:05 PM
Ed Gainey is *All-World* at DB ...

http://www.appfan.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/edsgainhisloss.jpg

Whatever happens, DO NOT throw the ball on his side of the field.

xwhistlex

T-Dog
November 2nd, 2010, 04:07 PM
REALLY?!?!? I think you are giving GSU too much credit. With or without Jimbo.... It's not gonna be pretty for them... 35-10 App... easily.

Dude, your insane. We suck worse than they suck. 42-7 Eagles easily.

SideLine Shooter
November 2nd, 2010, 05:24 PM
It is a shame they aren't playing this game in Boone on Saturday. Weather forcast for a high of 38 and snow showers. LET IT SNOW!

Blueandwhitefightfight
November 2nd, 2010, 05:51 PM
If GSU wins this, I'll do a lap around the field w/o clothes on.

App-a-latch-un
November 2nd, 2010, 06:51 PM
Can't wait for my first trip to Statesboro, hope it's a typical App GA Southern match up!

John Deere
November 2nd, 2010, 06:58 PM
Can't wait for my first trip to Statesboro, hope it's a typical App GA Southern match up!

Be sure to wear your THICK SKIN.

AppStateold299
November 2nd, 2010, 07:31 PM
I am looking forward to the game, but I could do without the rest of Statesboro. Staying in Savannah and trying to enjoy the area. Hoping for an App win to celebrate.

proasu89
November 2nd, 2010, 08:16 PM

Don't do anything special on my account. xlolx

seantaylor
November 2nd, 2010, 09:14 PM
GSU is a product of Chris Hatcher setting us back at least 5 years with his god awful recruiting and player development. The quickest GSU will be back to contender status is 2012.

Edge316007
November 2nd, 2010, 10:09 PM

You sure you got your avatar and name right? xeyebrowx

GaSouthern
November 3rd, 2010, 07:51 AM
sandbagging

blazrdog#1
November 3rd, 2010, 08:46 AM
It will be a great time for a nap...ASU by 40.xlolxxlolx

biggie
November 3rd, 2010, 09:50 AM
Wow the sandbagging from GSU must have started from the top:

http://www.goasu.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?catid=8611&id=731502

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 3rd, 2010, 10:43 AM

Are you serious? GSU has never lost by 25 or more at home. Never. not when our 4-7 team played the '96 Marshall machine or when our 3-8 team played App's 2006 championship team.

asu3peat
November 3rd, 2010, 10:55 AM

Hide yo kidz, hide yo wife and hide yo husbandz too!

Expecting the rivalry to be a knock down, drag out! Love watching these two teams line up, my favorite conference game. There is always some good hitting going on when ASU and GSU step on the field.

AppStsGr8
November 3rd, 2010, 11:49 AM
I just looked at an ASU injury update. The list is pretty long ... Cline, McCray, Mills, Michael Frazier all day-to-day. Demery Brewer is questionable. Presley was a little dinged up on Monday, but was reported as having practiced and isn't on the injury report. When it comes to GaSo, all stats from earlier in the season can be tossed out the window. I suppose that's why they play all these games on the field instead of on paper anyway. Go App!

ericsaid
November 3rd, 2010, 12:18 PM
You are so very dumb. GSU has less than 250 yards of offense. App 38-17

jmufan999
November 3rd, 2010, 06:17 PM
i don't understand the point of "sandbagging" on a message board. perplexing.

ASU has barely been tested this year, i don't anticipate they'll be tested again until next week.

GSU gets a late TD to make it respectable:

App State 35
Ga Southern 20

theasushow
November 3rd, 2010, 08:22 PM

ASU has barely been tested this year, i don't anticipate they'll be tested again until next week.

App State 35
Ga Southern 20

and then if they beat Wofford, Florida will become the "true test"....just like Furman and Georgia Southern were.

Horseshoe App
November 4th, 2010, 05:58 AM

App State 35
Ga Southern 20

I guess it is just our memory of games in the past when Georgia Southern kicked the crap out of us. The mystique of the Georgia Southern-ASU rivalry makes most of us App fans a little scared. The same goes with Furman. They always play us tough even when they don't have their best team.

appmaj
November 4th, 2010, 06:55 AM
Are you serious? GSU has never lost by 25 or more at home. Never. not when our 4-7 team played the '96 Marshall machine or when our 3-8 team played App's 2006 championship team.

http://www.georgiasoutherneagles.com//pdf4/643330.pdf

1985 MTSU 35-10

asu3peat
November 4th, 2010, 08:08 AM
http://www.georgiasoutherneagles.com//pdf4/643330.pdf

1985 MTSU 35-10

:o

SpeedkingATL
November 4th, 2010, 08:30 AM
In addition, GaSo has played everyone tough this year. Even though they have 4 losses they have lost every game by single digits. It's a rivalry game, App embarrased them at The Rock last year and this is a program that has tradition and pride. It should be a really good tight contest.

biggie
November 4th, 2010, 08:45 AM
^ That said. Their offense has been embarrassing to them the last 2 weeks. Granted their starting QB was hurt 2 weeks ago, but only 20 points vs El Cid and receiving 9 turnovers from them didn't look good.

But I would assume with Shaw back starting this week they will be close to looking like earlier in the year. Though his 2nd half vs Samford wasn't pretty either.

SoCon48
November 4th, 2010, 08:44 PM
GSU is a product of Chris Hatcher setting us back at least 5 years with his god awful recruiting and player development. The quickest GSU will be back to contender status is 2012.

The coach you hire and keep is part of the program as a whole.

SoCon48
November 4th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Lanston Tanyi missing the season has affected the defense's performance and consistency.

Ivytalk
November 4th, 2010, 08:58 PM
Go Iggles!xthumbsupxxsmiley_wixxhurrayx

Eaglesrus
November 4th, 2010, 09:44 PM

Hey Ivy, are you in GA yet?

App-a-latch-un
November 5th, 2010, 12:37 AM
Be sure to wear your THICK SKIN.

Pleasssssse, I was at our match up with LSU......I'll wear my mountain weathered skin down to pleasant weathered Statesboro.

Mikeyosef
November 5th, 2010, 06:55 AM
This will be a tough game. I had wanted to go but it's my wifes' 25th highschool reunion. Almost went anyway, then thought better of it. Wish it was on TV but I will be able to listen to it on the radio,,,I think. Anyway, it's not going to be the blow out some many are saying it will be. App played a very sloppy game last week; we have the players but make this very one sided but it's a rivalry that leads me to think it could go either way. I'm not going to make a prediciton other than whoever has the most points at the end wins.....Hoping it's App!!!

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 5th, 2010, 07:16 AM
Word on the GSU board is that we will not be wearing the blue pants. Hallelujah. xcoolx

xhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayx

biggie
November 5th, 2010, 08:14 AM
Pleasssssse, I was at our match up with LSU......I'll wear my mountain weathered skin down to pleasant weathered Statesboro.
He was referring to what will be said to you. Not the weather.

CrackerRiley
November 5th, 2010, 08:50 AM
What SoCon game is being televised that has precedence over this one?

ASUG8
November 5th, 2010, 09:33 AM

I'll look for you in the sea of blue - are you wearing your red helmet? xlolx

App-a-latch-un
November 5th, 2010, 09:36 AM
He was referring to what will be said to you. Not the weather.

I knowxnodx

Go Apps
November 5th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Hey GSU is very much alive in this game - ASU will give you 10-14 pts as a gift for playing us - it will come in the form or stupid penalities, something I cannot understand how we cannot get a handle on - hey and if the Furman ref squad shows up then you can add another 10 !!

AppStateold299
November 5th, 2010, 12:24 PM
I am heading off to the game in a few minutes. Meeting some people down in Savannah for the night both ASU & GSU fans. I can't wait for this game. No matter what the record is it is usually a very close game. I have to admit Paulson used to be a little more daunting than it has become lately. Still, I expect it to be a very close game that we will have to scrape tooth and nail to squeak out a win. I hope I am wrong and ASU blows them out of the water, but I believe this will be GSU's best game of the year.

Eaglesrus
November 5th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Sounds like a good many GSU and App State folks will be in Savannah tonight. Wish I could get out and meet some of you, but we'll be waiting on our son and his girlfriend to arrive from Atlanta and have no idea what time that will be. Anyway, y'all enjoy the evening and see you in Statesboro tomorrow. Go Eagles!

ThompsonThe
November 6th, 2010, 04:59 AM
Everyone does know that the game will be broadcast on www.goASU.TV correct. Probably is a GSU link also if you are a GaSo fan, in fact has to be. Will be the GaSo announcers even on goASU.TV.

I know most of you know this.
Good luck to both teams to avoid injuries. Best two SoCon teams in last several decades. Much respect on both sides, even if sometimes certain fans will not admit it.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 6th, 2010, 08:49 AM
Everyone does know that the game will be broadcast on www.goASU.TV correct. Probably is a GSU link also if you are a GaSo fan, in fact has to be. Will be the GaSo announcers even on goASU.TV.

I know most of you know this.
Good luck to both teams to avoid injuries. Best two SoCon teams in last several decades. Much respect on both sides, even if sometimes certain fans will not admit it.

Yup. It's a hate-respect relationship for a lot of folks, at least IMO.

GSU and ASU have had at least a share of 13 of the last 15 SoCon championships. That is asinine. Also, 5 of the last 11 FCS national championships, 4 of the last 11 WP award winners, the two longest home-winning streaks in the FCS, and at least one team has been represented in 23 of the last 25 playoffs. There's really no FCS rivalry that compares and no FBS rivalry that would be comparable, either.

Edge316007
November 6th, 2010, 10:12 AM
Yup. It's a hate-respect relationship for a lot of folks, at least IMO.

GSU and ASU have had at least a share of 13 of the last 15 SoCon championships. That is asinine. Also, 5 of the last 11 FCS national championships, 4 of the last 11 WP award winners, the two longest home-winning streaks in the FCS, and at least one team has been represented in 23 of the last 25 playoffs. There's really no FCS rivalry that compares and no FBS rivalry that would be comparable, either.

I wholeheartedly agree with the accomplishments part. But the rivalry part, I think I have to disagree. There are many rivalries that are comparable.

This not being on local TV is extremely lame. It's on TV in Raleigh, Greensboro and Asheville but not Boone? How does that make any sense? I tried the GoASU feed for the Furman game last year and it was 100% unwatchable. It would inch along for 2 seconds of action then buffer for 10+. I'm not paying $10 for that to happen again

kick29
November 6th, 2010, 10:58 AM
i have had no problem with goasu tv. i live in long beach california and it has been clear as could be, not that it matters where i live to watch the game. I even have a wireless connection and plug the feed into my tv to pretend like it is on "real" tv. Sometimes the feed can become blurry but other than that it has been working just fine. I just like the fact that i can watch the game, it is never the best picture but i will take what i can get seeing i am 2500 miles away and unless asu is playing in the playoffs i will never be able to see them play. good luck to both teams today, i think it will be a good game.

elon77
November 6th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Hey GSU is very much alive in this game - ASU will give you 10-14 pts as a gift for playing us - it will come in the form or stupid penalities, something I cannot understand how we cannot get a handle on - hey and if the Furman ref squad shows up then you can add another 10 !!

Go Apps, do you really think anyone on here that are not ASU fans are going to feel sorry for you? Let everyone supply the refs, give everyone the home field advantage, give everyone a 7, 10, 14, 17, 20, point lead ( at the start of the 4th qt. ) and you still figure out a way to win. NOBODY feels sorry for you guys. Close doesn't cut it anymore, only in horseshoes, handgrenades, and darts. I've got to scratch my head and hand it to you folks. Dang good.

pilot08
November 6th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Im in High Point right now, what channel is it on for the Greensbor area? I can't find it

biggie
November 6th, 2010, 12:15 PM
Im in High Point right now, what channel is it on for the Greensbor area? I can't find itNot on tv.

Edge316007
November 6th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Oops, I must have been reading the TV schedule for the Furman game. Disregard my post.

Nebuta
November 6th, 2010, 12:37 PM
anyone got an audio link on this game? watching nova in trouble on video. Thanks

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
November 6th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Bozzo recovers GSU fumble and returns to GSU 11.

AshevilleApp
November 6th, 2010, 01:07 PM
TD Preseley, 7-0

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
DeAndre Presley scores 3 yd. rushing TD (Vitaris kick).
Appalachian State 7, Georgia Southern 0.

AshevilleApp
www.goasu.com

JSU02
November 6th, 2010, 01:15 PM
anyone got an audio link on this game? watching nova in trouble on video. Thanks

http://www.georgiasoutherneagles.com/newLiveStats/Football/index.dbml?GAME_STAT_ID=509013&db_oem_id=18700
the audio player is embedded at the bottom of the stat page

AshevilleApp
November 6th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Moore TD, ASU 14-0

CrackerRiley
November 6th, 2010, 01:54 PM
ASU throws INT in endzone. GSU then does same thing. An ASU Pepsi Pick. Thank you Pepsi. We appreciate your support.

AshevilleApp
November 6th, 2010, 02:02 PM
ASU offense stalling a bit, got to wonder if Presley is a bit banged up. Run defense looking very stout however

seantaylor
November 6th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Brent Russell is single-handedly keeping us in this one. Just destroying the entire ASU offensive line. Need the offense to be more consistent. Story of the year.

AppStateSVX
November 6th, 2010, 02:39 PM
App defense looking sleepy

AshevilleApp
November 6th, 2010, 02:44 PM
DJ Smith having a beast of a game

AshevilleApp
November 6th, 2010, 02:45 PM
TD GSU

Edge316007
November 6th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Ok it's about time to wake up now

AshevilleApp
November 6th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Ugh!

JSU02
November 6th, 2010, 03:46 PM
xpopcornx

Edge316007
November 6th, 2010, 03:48 PM
For ****'s sake, what happened today.

CrackerRiley
socon streak over. only gsu can end our streaks

AshevilleApp
Figured we'd get tripped up once in the SoCon...got to bounce back next week

theasushow
November 6th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Ugh! that sucks...oh well, just a game!! time to get ready for wofford at the rock, who may lose today to samford. either way a ASU win against wofford would set up atleast a tie of the SOCON championship.

CrackerRiley
November 6th, 2010, 03:50 PM
There goes #1 seed in playoffs. Lucky to get #2

Saint3333
November 6th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Too many turnovers, hard place to play. I feared this game before the season started just had a gut feeling. The worst part is Rizor may be out and ASU already lost two DEs for the season.

Saint3333
November 6th, 2010, 03:53 PM

No chance now unless JSU and all the other CAA schools lose again as well.

AppAlum2003
November 6th, 2010, 03:54 PM

Don't deserve a seed at all... wow. How the heck do you go up 14 - 0 and make it look easy and then just completely fold? I'm so embarrassed.

Nebuta
Grats to Georgia Southern. Tough loss to App St. Mountaineers still my choice to get to the NC game.

theasushow
No chance now unless JSU and all the other CAA schools lose again as well.

they all have very loseable games left (as does asu) 'Nova already lost today.

Skjellyfetti
November 6th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Good game, Georgia Southern.

Your defensive gameplan was awesome. Y'all were very aggressive... and in our backfield all day.

Really sucks to have the SoCon streak end... but, we can still win the title if we pull it together next week. Huge game in Boone. Can't wait.

AppAlum2003
November 6th, 2010, 03:56 PM
I hate traveling to Paulson - always tough. Congrats Eaglets.

Aho_Old_Guy
November 6th, 2010, 05:22 PM
I hate traveling to Paulson - always tough. Congrats Eaglets.

The only thing more horrific for Appalachian than traveling to Paulson would be traveling to Paulson on Halloween.

We may not be *official* rivals, but man-oh-man, we have some serious head-knocking that goes on (discounting last year, of course).

Eaglesrus
November 6th, 2010, 05:52 PM
Don't deserve a seed at all... wow. How the heck do you go up 14 - 0 and make it look easy and then just completely fold? I'm so embarrassed.

I'd say our defense had a little something to do with it. Your first touchdown was easy, since our fumble basically gave it to you. From there on it was an incredible defensive battle.

heath
November 6th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Figured we'd get tripped up once in the SoCon...got to bounce back next week

"not so fast my friend"-the ASU nation thought ONLY a Florida loss(if that)was between you and that #1 seed. Actually a loss(not 3) heading into the playoffs might have been what the Dr. ordered. You guys still have to be a favorite to play in TX. Good luck next week-

Maroon&White
November 6th, 2010, 08:26 PM

How was that lap?

KiddBrewer
November 6th, 2010, 08:50 PM

#2 Seed = #1 Seed.

Fact.

SpeedkingATL
November 6th, 2010, 08:54 PM
Just got back to Atlanta from Statesboro. Congrats Eagles on a game well played. I must mention that even in defeat we had a great visit to Paulson and enjoyed our time with the Eagle faithful. See ya at The Rock next year.

FormerPokeCenter
November 6th, 2010, 09:48 PM
socon streak over. only gsu can end our streaks

I seem to remember a blue and gold team coming into The Rock last year in September and ending some long home opener streak...or something like that. Who were those guys on horseback with the 10-gallon hats? ;)

Eagle22
November 6th, 2010, 11:02 PM
Photos from the GSU-ASU game. First photos are actually from the end, as my camera 'counter' rolled over and I was too lazy to rename the image files:

http://www.gsufans.com/tsc/showthread.php?11392-GSU-vs.-Appalachian-State-Photos-11-06-10

SalukiJim
November 7th, 2010, 05:49 AM

We want pictorial evidence! xprost2x

bobbythekidd
November 7th, 2010, 06:43 AM

It's 32 degrees currently in the 'boro. xlolx

AshevilleApp
November 7th, 2010, 07:09 AM
"not so fast my friend"-the ASU nation thought ONLY a Florida loss(if that)was between you and that #1 seed. Actually a loss(not 3) heading into the playoffs might have been what the Dr. ordered. You guys still have to be a favorite to play in TX. Good luck next week-

Actually this member of the ASU Nation called this upset ;)

elon77
November 7th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Go Apps, do you really think anyone on here that are not ASU fans are going to feel sorry for you? Let everyone supply the refs, give everyone the home field advantage, give everyone a 7, 10, 14, 17, 20, point lead ( at the start of the 4th qt. ) and you still figure out a way to win. NOBODY feels sorry for you guys. Close doesn't cut it anymore, only in horseshoes, handgrenades, and darts. I've got to scratch my head and hand it to you folks. Dang good.

Boy I was wrong, but still dang good.

T-Dog
November 7th, 2010, 08:28 AM
I don't want to sound like sour grapes because GSU deserved it, but the App coaches screwed the pooch in this one. GSU made adjustments and worked in wrinkles to their defense while we tried the same thing over and over. The jailbreak run blitzes were a thing of genius by Monken. Our defense played about as well as they could given they had no offensive support most of the game.

Funny that our last SoCon loss was to the GSU Fighting Jayson Fosters in 2007 when they ended our 30-game home winning streak, now they end our 26-game conference winning streak.

AppMan
November 7th, 2010, 11:01 AM
We were out played and out coached. Sorry if I rankle some out there, but ASU has put up big numbers against weak teams and developed a false sense of invinceability. GSU puts quality athletes on the field and evidently their coaching staff knows how to use them. Poor O-line play, unimaginative play calling and poor execution finally caught up with us. Defense was better, but gave up two drives sandwiched around the half that took 30 plays and consumed almost a full quarter. Scored their winning TD with a freshman RB running behind two freshmen O-linemen. I fear our team, some on our staff, and a LOT of our fans have become arrogant and cocky. Hope this wake-up call sinks in. We have really, really good players who are not living up to their potential right now. Someone did put an end to the dunking and flipping, they were wearing Blue & White. Congrats to the Eagles. Your kids played hard, with emotion, and listening to the psot game show with humility and class.

Edge316007
November 7th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Jacksonville State lost yesterday as well. I hate to say it after a loss cause I want them to win them all, but they're still in very good shape to get a seed.

Blueandwhitefightfight
November 7th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Thoughts from yesterday:

- Coach Monken is a genius. He figured out how to stop the #1 team in the nation ,who was averaging 39.5 points per game on offense, by making adjustments.

-Brent Russell will be giving the rest of the SoCon nightmares for the next 2 years. I'm glad he is on our team and not on a team we have to face.

- Jaybo Shaw isn't the greatest QB in the world but he is clutch. He plays with a ton of heart and is a tremendous leader.

- Our defense was so nasty. App. St. didn't put up a single point in the last 49 minutes of the game or overtime. That's how you G.A.T.A.

- It felt SO good to be able to rush the field again. Haven't even thought about it since Furman 2005.

- We have the finest co-eds in America. Homecoming is like Halloween for eye candy.

- I have had a few run ins with App. St. fans and to be honest, I can't say I really like the average App. St. fan. However one somehow was brave enough to come to the student section and stand right in front of us. He was cool and wasn't obnoxious. After the game a few App. St. fans who were tailgating next to us offered us a handshake and a congratulatory beer. Those were good people. Also, a crazy App. St. fan and a crazy GSU fan nearly got into a fight in the parking lot. The ASU fan picked up a stick and was chasing the GSU fan. It took a bunch of us to break it up and get them away from each other. Both were drunk.

- While playing Dr. Who, an App. St. player turned around and shot us the bird. Awesome. I love that Paulson can get into the heads of the away team that much.

- Not sure what the ASU coaching staff was thinking at some points. Bad play calling on their part. If you have DeAndre Pressley, why not let him run? If you have Coco puff Hillary, why not let him run more? I didn't understand why you wouldn't let those 2 guys take off. I'm not complaining though.

With that said, great game. Last night was off the charts wild in Statesboro. Hopefully we will win out and get a playoff bid. If not, I'll be rooting for App.

proasu89
November 7th, 2010, 04:57 PM

:D Glad I headed to the car instead of hanging around to see this. We saw a GSU student with a stick in the parking lot when we were leaving. Looks like someone took it from himxlolx That was probably our best turnover of the day. Besides the outcome, we had a good time and met many gracious winners on the way out of the stadium. Look forward to going back in '12.

paward
November 7th, 2010, 05:53 PM
I was at the game and the GSU atmosphere is always among my favorite places to view a game. I sat with some App fans. They was a class act just as they were on my visits to Boone. I have to say this is not a reflection of all Eagle fans but the ones near me were not cordial at all. I had on my Spider gear and they made ugly comments about that. I still enjoyed myself and the game. It is a pity that one or two bad apples (all fans have them) can turn a great experience into something unnecessary.

I would love to see both teams make the playoffs. It was a good game and good day for me. Our overtime win over JMU made the day all the better.

Blueandwhitefightfight
November 7th, 2010, 06:33 PM
:D Glad I headed to the car instead of hanging around to see this..

I wasn't going to do it in broad daylight. I waited until late late last night after a trip to our favorite watering hole. My buddy bet me 50 bucks and the naked lap that we would win. So at 2AMish a naked Blueandwhitefightfight was doing the victory lap. And it was a fast victory lap bc it was about 34 degrees. Oh the things we do in college.

Ivytalk
November 7th, 2010, 07:56 PM
I was there with Baldy, blueballs and Eaglegus2. Nice to be part of history! Outstanding performance by the young Eagles, who really made a statement yesterday. Also enjoyed meeting and talking with GreatAppState and T-Dog. Hope to be in Boone next fall for the rematch.xnodxxthumbsupx

Eaglesrus
November 7th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Really sorry I didn't get over there to see you IT. Had a couple of old college buddies show up at our tailgate and just never got away.

CrackerRiley
November 8th, 2010, 08:28 AM
Can someone explain to me why the hell this wasn't televised. I think they said it was the first time this game WASN'T televised since 1998. What up wit that!?

Ivytalk
November 8th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Really sorry I didn't get over there to see you IT. Had a couple of old college buddies show up at our tailgate and just never got away.

No worries, mate! See you next year! If the Eagles win out, they have a definite shot at a playoff berth IMHO.

Black Saturday
November 8th, 2010, 02:58 PM

Congrats to GSU for outcoaching and out playing an overated team. BOHICA APPs the anklebiters are next to expose us. *8-2 after Wofford. Who's dumb now? Some of you guys are smoking Yosef's corncob pipe, imo

Black Saturday
November 8th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Can someone explain to me why the hell this wasn't televised. I think they said it was the first time this game WASN'T televised since 1998. What up wit that!?

FOXSS had presbyterian playing. lol I know that set records.

Edge316007
November 8th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Congrats to GSU for outcoaching and out playing an overated team. BOHICA APPs the anklebiters are next to expose us. *8-2 after Wofford. Who's dumb now? Some of you guys are smoking Yosef's corncob pipe, imo

Good to see that not only do you not have faith in your team (are they really even your team) but you come here to almost gloat about it. Well played sir, well played.

Aho_Old_Guy
November 8th, 2010, 03:45 PM

Hopefully the Mountaineers can maintain their balance with those exceptionally large heads of theirs -- maybe another "Inside The Lines" could expose a few bloated - now bruised - egos.

I wonder how many posts we'll see this week about beating UFla? Not so sure The Committee will look kindly upon a team which is Ofernovembah. The Mountaineers will enjoy their Thanksgiving in Orangeburg, SC -- as the main course on the Bulldawg menu.

That's, of course, after the Big Heads play Dog Meat to the Terriers and Gator Bait in the Swamp.

Edge316007
November 8th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Hopefully the Mountaineers can maintain their balance with those exceptionally large heads of theirs -- maybe another "Inside The Lines" could expose a few bloated - now bruised - egos.

I wonder how many posts we'll see this week about beating UFla? Not so sure The Committee will look kindly upon a team which is Ofernovembah. The Mountaineers will enjoy their Thanksgiving in Orangeburg, SC -- as the main course on the Bulldawg menu.

That's, of course, after the Big Heads play Dog Meat to the Terriers and Gator Bait in the Swamp.

That's got to be the most obvious level ever right?