PDA

View Full Version : Attendance/Elon

PhoenixMan
November 1st, 2010, 12:36 PM
It has been a dissapointing season for Elon. However, there is one bright spot in terms of attendance on the road. I read that both App St. and UT-Chattanooga have had the biggest crowds in the history of their respective stadiums when hosting the Phoenix this year. I'm sure it's not because we bring more visiting fans...any thoughts on these record crowds vs. Elon?

asknoquarter21
November 1st, 2010, 12:43 PM
Looks as though the Wofford vs. ASU game this season will probably break that record

Apps03
November 1st, 2010, 01:47 PM
Everybody hates Elon and wants to see their team beat EU?

Saint3333
November 1st, 2010, 02:15 PM
It was ASU's homecoming. Elon did bring more fans than Furman and Citadel, probably between 1,000 and 1,500.

beanburrito
November 1st, 2010, 02:20 PM
The crowd for the Chattanooga/Elon game was the second-lowest of the season, more than 6,000 less than the Mocs' previous home game against Georgia Southern. Most everyone was very disappointed in the turnout.

phan
November 1st, 2010, 02:23 PM
Looks as though the Wofford vs. ASU game this season will probably break that record

Any chance that game will be televised?

Mountaineer
November 1st, 2010, 02:24 PM
Any chance that game will be televised?

Yes, it'll be on SportSouth. 3 p.m. kick off.

chattownmocs
November 1st, 2010, 03:02 PM
Im not sure where you read that, but it is false. That was our 3rd biggest crowd out of 4 home games this year. The odd thing is that it was still the 8th biggest crowd in school history. In relation to the biggest in the history of the stadium? Not even close we had the national championship heere for a long time.

biggie
November 1st, 2010, 03:39 PM
Not even close we had the national championship heere for a long time.
Oh, oh, I know which one wins that...

SideLine Shooter
November 1st, 2010, 03:56 PM
Oh, oh, I know which one wins that...

It sure wasn't the last two championship games.

PhoenixMan
November 1st, 2010, 04:36 PM
Im not sure where you read that, but it is false. That was our 3rd biggest crowd out of 4 home games this year. The odd thing is that it was still the 8th biggest crowd in school history. In relation to the biggest in the history of the stadium? Not even close we had the national championship heere for a long time.
I heard on the Phoenix radio network. Imagine that! I stand corrected.

SoCon48
November 1st, 2010, 07:26 PM
One word: Homecoming. How many do you think EU brought to Boone?

theasushow
November 1st, 2010, 07:33 PM
One word: Homecoming. How many do you think EU brought to Boone?

appfan2008
November 1st, 2010, 07:39 PM
really didnt have much to do with the opponent at all but ok...

ChattTown Mountaineer
November 1st, 2010, 08:11 PM
I heard on the Phoenix radio network. Imagine that! I stand corrected.

Phoenixman, I think I know what you heard. Saturday's attendance pushed UTC over their attendance record for the season (with one home game left to play). Last year set the record at somewhere over 50K.

PhoenixMan
November 2nd, 2010, 09:38 AM
Phoenixman, I think I know what you heard. Saturday's attendance pushed UTC over their attendance record for the season (with one home game left to play). Last year set the record at somewhere over 50K.

That must have been what they said. Thanks for the info.